Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Muscle Mary's Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 am 

Ahhhh, day 1....let me raise my lemon water concoction to fresh starts, and new beginnings.

This is my first attempt at the master cleanse. I am aiming for a minimum of 10 days. I have ever only completed a 5 day juice fast so this will be challenging to say the least.

I am cleansing for my health, both physical and mental. I am struggling with binge-eating disorder. And the struggle is real.

Pretty sure, this is the first time I've ever come out and admitted to that. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Hoping this cleanse can lay a foundation upon which I will start to build a new, and much healthier relationship with food. I desperately want to learn how to eat to live and not eat to:

-quell my anxiety
-dampen my depression
-escape the void of boredom
-escape self-deflating thoughts of inadequacies & unworthiness
-blah, blah, blah

...you get the idea. Looking forward to, and sooo not looking forward to the emotional detox that is to come.

Critics, beware. Only love is welcome here.

Post subject: Re: Muscle Mary's Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 am 

How is it going? I started on Tuesday. Gained one pound on day two (!?@(*&%) But today I'm down 6lb! So it's all good. No hunger. Energy good. Even doing quite challenging barre workouts, grilled chicken for my son (not even remotely interested in it.) The only thing that tempted me a bit, was the smell of the fresh cut watermelon my mom was eating... I get weak knees for watermelon. But managed to stand it. Lemonade is fabulous. Lemonade is great! Lemonade is all I ever wanted. ..:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:29 am 

Day 3

Starting weight: 163
Today's weight: 155

Yesterday was good. I woke up with a slight twinge of nausea that quickly subsided. I felt, and still feel, really good. Like, too good. I even went on a 6 mile hike. Very little hunger pains, if any at all. However, I feel as though this is only the calm before the storm. It can't continue to be this easy, physically or mentally. Mentally, I'm ok. I did notice some building anxiety yesterday as the evening approached, which is usually the time of day that I typically would binge. As I said before, I suffer from binge eating disorder that evolved after I battled bulimia for several years. I was able to stop purging, however, I still struggle with binging. I feel as though I've always been at war with my body and my intention with the MC is to raise my white flag and surrender to this process completely. In doing so, I hope to work towards building a healthy and loving relationship with my body and with food.

I feel very fortunate that I was able to escape my usual environment and routine in order to complete this fast and work on cleansing my spirit. My family owns a condo in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and that where I am completing this exciting journey. The mountains of NC have always felt like home to me although I grew up on the other side of the state. There is something about nature that is so cleansing to my spirit. I've always been able to find peace and a sense of contentment in mother nature's embrace. As John Muir simply, yet eloquently put,

"The mountains are calling and I must go."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm 

Oh man! I love that you are in the mountains! That's so cool! I am stuck in the city, but my house is by a park, so I do feel like I am on vacation when I'm home. Wow! Your weightloss is impressive! Keep up the great work! How are you doing on water? I feel like I am drinking so much, but I am not sure if I should drink more water. I only add maybe about 60oz more on top of the lemonade... I wonder if that's enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:07 am 

Day 4

Starting Weight: 163
Today's Weight: 152

Woohoo!! 11 pounds down. Of course its mostly water, but it still feels good. Woke up feeling a little groggy & sore this morning but all in all, I'm feeling pretty solid. Energy levels are good. No nausea. Drank my SWF....does anyone else get an instant headache after drinking the salt water? It's nothing major, just annoying and persistent.

I went hiking again yesterday. I did a 2.5 mile trail off the pkway that felt more like 10 miles. I'm fairly positive my body has used up all its sugar stores, so now, onto burning that fat!

My family will be coming in today and staying through the weekend. I know they will be bringing food with them so I am taking some time to mentally prepare myself for the struggles to come. This journey can be a lonely one but I've actually embraced the solitude and have used it to my advantage. Having company around, even if it is just family will present its own challenges in terms of my anxiety and focus. But I'm staying positive and confident in my steadfast ability to complete this 10 day cleanse! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 am 

Whoa 11lb! How tall are you? Way to go MuscleMary! I'm positive I'm not as fast because the SWF does nothing for me.... I'll up the salt tomorrow but still not sure anything will happen. By the way what salt do you use? I use Himalayan. Maybe it's the wrong salt.
Boy am I exhausted today.. I probably overdid it. Pure Barre is no joke. It gets me very sweaty and you wors these muscles to exhaustion.. Then I walked 3 miles. Then decided to clean... So now I showered and I'm lying in bed with no power to lift a finger. Mom is about to force me to start eating but I'll push it some more. It's probably just the cleansing taking full effect.

About your family coming over with food, if it gets too hard, maybe go for a walk when they start cooking and eating... It maybe rude but it will save you from the agony of craving foods.. It's amazing how I'm not one bit hungry. I sat in chick fil a today with my son. Bought him a chicken sandwich and fries and just sat there while he ate. Didn't even phase me. Almost scary...
Very proud of you for doing this on your own and staying positive! Start writing something.. I wish I could get away to do it as well.. Next time! I hope to finish these ten days and I'll do another 10 in December.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:51 am 

Day 5

Starting weight: 163
Today's weight: 152

Whoo Hoo!!! I am officially at the halfway point. Feeling very proud of my success so far and confident that I can see this journey through to the end. I am even contemplating cleansing for longer than 10 days. However, my 10 day cleanse ends just before my 5 year anniversary weekend so depending on what my bf and I decide to do will determine whether I continue or not.

No weight loss this morning, but I am not surprised considering I have lost a good amount already. My family, including my mom, brother and his wife and kids, are here with me at the condo for the weekend. They brought food up with them but I am handling the sights and smells pretty well. As I type, I can smell the plate of fresh fruit only an arm's reach away from me; the remains of my nephews breakfast. I love and hate how sharp my senses have become, in particular my sense of smell. Its challenging, but also incredibly rewarding in a weird way. It's as though I am experiencing the smell of food for the first time. I never realized how sweet cantaloupe smells or the delightfully pungent odor of hummus. And oddly enough, there are some smells that I do not care for. Such as peanut butter, which is a food that I often would binge on. Interesting.

Coinciding with the arrival of my family, is the arrival of the dreaded food craving dreams!!! I dreamt last night that I was in the house I grew up in, mom in the kitchen whipping up a big family brunch like she always did on a Saturday morning. I kept sneaking in and grabbing a variety of food items including, homemade buttermilk biscuits, thick slices of bacon and home-fried breakfast potatoes piled high with ketchup. Just before I awoke I remember thinking, "Oh no! What am I doing?! There goes my cleanse." I was so thankful upon waking that it was just a dream.

Today's itinerary includes gem mining and visiting landmarks along the blue ridge pkway with my lovely family. Life is good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:39 pm 

Was thinking of you and your bacon dream! Hahaha! I keep dreaming some grandiose landscapes! Like a magnificent vineyard in Croatia (?!) with a waterfall in the middle and a friend of mine swimming in the lake below it... Whaa?!
Hope your scale is good to you tomorrow, as I hope mine will be too. God night MM!