Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: In search of Weight Zen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:11 am 

I am starting this journal a little late in the game, but I made a tumblr account (not knowing this exists) and started journaling there. So it's day 3, and I am still feeling good. No hunger. No interest in food. No cravings. Except when my mom cut up fresh cold watermelon... That was hard..
As I wrote in my tumblr blog, I got super mad for gaining a pound on the second day. But I realized it's because I have been drinking so much fluid, and the SWF didn't do anything for me.. if you know what i mean. So on day 2, yesterday, I made a real Senna tea from leaves. I boiled it for 5 minutes. Then drank a big cup of it. While it was boiling I drank a teaspoon of magnesium which i diluted in water and let it foam. I guess that did it. So all good now. This morning, Day 3, I weighed in at 6lb less. I'm encouraged and will continue for as long as it takes to get that tongue pink. Surprising to see so much white, when I have been eating very healthy before that. And still.. The body is just cleaning house, I guess. Even in the cleanest houses, there is dust and spider webs, and dog hair under the couch. I am trying to visualize how the body has a giant vacuum cleaner turned on, and it's going in every nook & cranny, looking for forgotten dirt, and cleaning it out! Same way I visualize that every fat cell pops and dies when I can't do any more reps! Weird I know. But it helps a lot. You should try it.
Btw, I tried another SWF this morning. On an empty stomach. 2 tsp in 32 oz of water. Pink Himalayan salt. NOTHING!.. Not sure what i am doing wrong. but that is complete nonsense. The only thing it may be good for is to keep salt in your body.
According to the American College of Nutrition the minimum physiological requirement of sodium simply to sustain life has been estimated to be 500 mg of sodium per day. Sodium is a vital nutrient. It’s a major component of extracellular fluid, and is essential for maintaining the volume of the plasma to allow adequate tissue perfusion and normal cellular metabolism.
Which translated in English means, that in this process of elimination that we put our bodies through, sodium is fast to get stripped from the extracellular fluid and actually disturb our metabolism to a point of no return. So whether you get effects from the SWF or not, you need to have salt!
It balances your fluids and makes you less tired. Years ago, when I did a protein shake diet, I was told by doctors who supervised me, that if i feel weak and low energy throughout the day, I need to have a salt packet in my pocket, and just lick salt. About a pinch every time you feel like that. But if this diet offers the salt as part of it, I would say do it, even if it doesnt work with your BM. Do it for the salt intake.
I'll do my senna again tonight. And I'll go to a barre class to sweat some more toxins out.
Happy cleansing!

Post subject: Re: In search of Weight Zen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:53 am 

Hey! Just wanted to stop in and show some love <3 Sounds like we're in this together, I mean, if you need or would like a support buddy :D I'm on day 3 as well.

I also have a tumblr account, though I'm not blogging about my cleanse cause my boyfriends sister follows me on there and I'm trying to keep this under wraps for the time being. So many people criticize these types of detox diets and as a personal trainer, I'd rather not have people berate me for going on a "starvation diet" oh nooooo! Ughh. People love to talk on things they don't know about. You feel me? lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm 

Hey MuscleMary! Thanks for the <3! And YES, totally! Let's do this together! <3 right back atcha! I totally get it for not wanting to show your diet on tumblr, BUT I made a separate tumblr blog called weightzen, so that it doesn't mingle with my other stuff.. And since no one has discovered or followed me yet, it's like my personal journal! :) I told one of my friends at my barre class. Just because we are always sort of close to each other, and I wanted her to know in case I pass out or something... so they don't freak out and call ambulances and stuff.

Today is almost done. I did my Pure Barre class and didn't feel one bit tired or hungry. But then, I had to go get my Grade B Maple Syrup (I was using whatever I had in my pantry and it was organic, but Grade A) from Sprouts and the sight of fresh peaches just killed me! I am craving watermelon and peaches, which is good I guess.. but not now!
I did get dizzy and light headed in the middle of the store tho, and I took a dried cranberry (from their bins of bulk stuff- it was the closest thing) and swished it around my mouth, and sort of squeezed the juice out of it with my tongue, until it was almost dissolved and then threw the rest away. So I am not sure how cheat-y that is, and if I get a Master-Cleanse time-out for it, but I had to do it. I felt like I was gonna pass out and scare people. That's the only sort of "weak" moment that I had. And here is the lesson: I need to carry around a bottle of my lemonade everywhere I go! So lesson learned. I am about to do my Senna tea now and call it an early night night. I stayed up late writing last night. Sleep is essential. Talk about sleep. I have extremely vivid dreams in almost technicolor, and I usually forget them shortly after I wake up, but last night, I was at a lake in Europe, and it was beautiful. I had some friends with me, and we were trying to find the way to the village we could see down in the valley... Weird! Anyone else experience this?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:25 am 

Day 4

Ugh. Less than a pound since yesterday.
SW 182
D2. 183
D3. 177
D4. 176.6 WTF?!

Need to start taking measurements.

Still waking up with puffy eyes tho. Obviously holding on to fluids.
I'm going to up the water today. See what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 am 

Good morning WeightZen! We're now over the 3 day hump! I can't believe the salt water flush is having so little effect on you. I'm running to and from the bathroom for at least an hour after I have mine. I would imagine that has something to do with your slow weight loss. Proper elimination being key. I did read that you could add more salt to your water if needed. In regards to water intake, I'm having anywhere between 150-200 oz of fluids daily (this includes the SWF & Lemonade, as well as additional water) However, I should mention that I've gradually built up to that amount over the course of this cleanse. If you didn't already know, you can literally OVER-hydrate and drink yourself to death. So I would take it slow and increase your intake over time.

On a lighter note, I've been having some crazy dreams too! I'm waiting for the food-craving dreams. I remember doing a 5 day juice fast and one night I woke up in a panic after having dreamt that I ate an entire dominoes pizza. You're brave going to whole foods while on the MC. I've avoided food at all costs. The sights, the smells...mmmmhmm.. I swear I was sitting in the living room last night and had the patio door open when all of a sudden the smell of fried chicken came wafting in on the breeze and I thought I mind lose my mind. My family is coming up to the condo for the weekend and I know they'll be bringing food in with them so I'm mentally preparing myself for the struggle. Wish me luck! Hope you have a wonder 4th day on this amazing, life-changing journey!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:58 am 

Hey MuscleMary! It's very slow, right! What is going on?!? Yeah, salt flush still no effect on me whatsoever! I did the senna tea last night and still very minimal. I did my barre class today. Then I walked 4 miles. Then I cleaned my patio. (Don't ask) and now I'm fading... I've been drinking water and the lemonade. Will see. Today is tough..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:32 am 

Good morning! Whew! Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Hope you were able to survive the night. I really appreciate your words of support regarding my family coming in. Luckily they went out to eat so I was able to stay in and avoid temptation.

I'm 5'6 btw and yes, I am using the Himalayan Pink salt. No weight loss this morning which doesn't really surprise me since I've already dropped a good bit in just a few short days. Well, got to run. My nephew is pleading with me to play dinosaurs with him :D

Stay strong, WeightZen! We got this!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:41 am 

Day 5
Hello scale! We can be friends again!
9lb down since start of cleanse this morning! Wohooo!
SW 183.2
Day 5: 174.2lb
Soooo excited!
I slept well except the senna tea kicked in at 6am and I've been up ever since. Which is ok. I'm not tired at all, but I skipped barre class today. Yesterday I overdid it a bit so today I'm just taking it easy. May go for a drive with my son and my silly dog in a bit.
I went to get gray Mediterranean Sea salt from World Market. I asked where it is and the shop girl brought me this tiny 2 oz jar for $6.... I'm like uhmmm is this salt from Mars or something?! Then I saw this awesome French salt which is almost 3lb and costs $4.99.
My bf is still in shock that I'm not eating but I haven't fainted yet ( that's because he didn't see me yesterday when I was almost out)
I was driving home and listening to NPR this morning and the Splendid Table was on. I listened to all these amazing italian and Peruvian recipes, and thought how much I would enjoy cooking them but not for a second did I want to eat anything... Doesn't cease to amaze me!
Ok. I'll check in later.
Stay strong you all!

Later today:
We went for a drive, and I had my lemonade and water with me. But I guess the 95F heat exhausted me! Driving back was a challenge. Took a short nap. BP on the low side but not abnormal for me. Cooked dinner for the family. Sitting with them put on the deck drinking my water. Looks good but at this point I'd be even afraid to touch food without easing into it.
Will have to see how I feel tomorrow. I love the effects on my weight but I'm getting so weak I'm not sure I can function during the week. Taking it an hour at a time.
Can use some moral support if anyone has gone through this and has experience.

i just wanted to add before I go to slee, that I got better and my energy came back. I sat again through dinner with my family with no desire to eat. Not feeling deprived at all. Looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in and the SWF with my new french salt. Good night and stay encouraged!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:15 pm 

Day 6 is almost wrapped up! And it was a busy one!
I woke up at 7 and weighed in : another pound lost!
SW 183.3
Day 6 173.3
Then i drank the salt concoction.. and besides my pulse going through the roof, my heart pounding, NOTHING happened! I don't understand this! again - sea salt 2 tsp, 1 qt water. - 0 effect! ZERO! I am not doing this any more. It's actually making me feel worse and it's making me gain at least two pounds! which is where i am today. Such a waste of time and energy!
Besides that, all else is great! I drank 6 glasses of the lemonade. One quart water. Went to intensive barre class - 75 min of pure hell for your abs! 90 seconds planks every 5 min.. My whole body was on fire, but I feel good.
I also worked with a client today! And now am working from home. So a weird bout of energy..
I hope i will lose these salt pounds tomorrow. That's ridiculous!
I know that having lost 10lb essentially in 5 days is a big deal, BUT gaining 3 lb during the day, when i haven't eaten anything, is making me really mad! Plus I am convinced that this salt thing is my enemy! every time I do it, I feel bad, and i gain pounds!
But trying to stay positing and keeping my resolve to do this for 10 days!

Last edited by WeightZen on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:46 am 

Day 7.

SW 183.3
Day 7 173.3.

Not a happy camper! No weight loss again today. Plateauing is very discouraging! The only thing that can explain this is the stupid SWF that does NOTHING but make me retain all the liquid I consume!
Busy day ahead. Will update later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm 

Weight Zen, try this... make sure you do senna x2 a day. Use the smooth move brand... make sure you steep the tea for 15 minutes each time... yes 15 minutes. Then try your flush with 3 tsp sea salt. I'm seeing that it is still not working for you... sorry to hear that... I bet you it will work... stay persistent!

porterico

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:28 am 

Thank you Porterico! I went and had a colonic yesterday. And even there nothing came out! Just clear water! But the good news is I lost another pound and change overnight.
I'll try your suggestion when I can stay home. I have to work today and it would be hard :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 pm 

Day 8
SW 183.3
Day 8. 171.9
This thing is an experience. I started rough today. Really sluggish. Underwater kind.. Then I made my lemonade and put some extra maple syrup for energy. That perked me up a bit. Then the day went on like normal. Went to work. Had extra jars of lemonade today in the office fridge. It was easy. I did neither the salt this morning , nor the senna last night, and I was fine! If it's fine without them tomorrow too, then I wont do these any more. Especially the salt.
The only thing that's weird is the sort of dry scratchy tongue feeling that i have. And no amount of water can make my mouth less dry. Other than that, going strong and still planning on 10 days. Should be wrapped on Friday and begin liquid foods on Saturday.
Persistence is key.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:39 pm 

Day 9

SW 183.3
Day 9. 170.7

This thing is working

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:37 am 

Sooooo Day 10 is here.. but I don't want to let go! I have lost a few more... And I am feeling awesome! It's true! I do have this clarity and calm and just lightness of being! I don't know if I'm ready to let go of this yet. Things are moving along quite nicely. I stepped on the scale today and booyaah!!

SW 183.3lb
Day 10. 168.9lb
That's a 14.4lb weightloss in 10 days you all!!!! Is that amazing or what?!

Now I think I will stick to this for another 4 days and make it a good fortnight. Who knows what will happen? Plus my tongue stays a bit coated again. I found that if i give it a scrub with my toothbrush and some baking soda it clears some of it off. The tongue scraper makes my tongue hurt now. So I don't use it as much. But speaking of the mouth - anyone else experience problems with teeth sensitivity? My teeth are super sensitive right now! It's a weird feeling. And it's like a have a layer on top of my enamel, especially on the inside of the teeth. It must be the lemon...
My colleagues were going out last night. One of the girls sings at a bar, so they all went to see her. I couldve gone, but I opted to be antisocial and go home. I feel better in my bed with my ipad and a book, drinking my senna tea, and easing into a lull, than in a loud noisy drunken place.. I think if you are going to cleanse, do it EVERYWHERE! Not just with food, but cleanse your soul, your relationships, your closet (I'm starting on this this weekend), your lovelife, your going out habits, your work relationships. It's a MASTER cleanse. Live up to its name! :)

Anyway, onwards and downwards we go! Down the scale that is!
Happy cleansing!