[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Looking for a buddy to do this with

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Looking for a buddy to do this with
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:00 pm 

Hi,

I'm starting the cleanse today and was looking to see if anyone else is starting at the same time as me so that we can encourage each other on.

I've attempted this cleanse many times before and only been successful once (for 10 days). Unfortunately I fell back into habits that are making me unhealthy and causing me to gain weight. I won't lie. My primary reason for doing the cleanse is to lose weight. I complain so much about my weight, I figure it's best to just do something about it.

My birthday is coming up and I want to start off this birthday with a version of myself that I won't be complaining about. There is no ideal goal weight, I just want to fit into my good clothes again and not dread looking at myself in the mirror. I'm tired of always shopping for clothes that hang loose enough to hide bulges.

It's the end of the day and I have stuck with it. I will confess that I was tempted by peanuts because I thought they were so small it would not hurt. With difficulty I kept my resolve and didn't eat them, and put them away somewhere that was harder to reach.

To keep myself focused and on track, I thought posting my journey would help.

So today is day 1. My weight is at 137. (I weigh myself at the end of the day fully clothed because I find that is a more accurate weight on the scale then first thing in the morning).

For all those that are doing this with me, I wish you luck. I hope you get the results you are looking for. Feel free to post a message to me if you need some moral support or encouragement on the way:)

Post subject: Re: Looking for a buddy to do this with
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:38 pm 

Day 2

Today has been okay. Started with the flush. It's not really doing anything for me this time around. Not quite sure why. I will keep doing it as I don't drink the laxative tea at night

I noticed I'm a little more agitable today. I noticed that my thoughts are going towards a path that gets me worked up over things that I normally just brush aside. Not sure if it's the cleanse or if I'm just irritated. Trying to stay away from people so that I don't snap at them.

A little tired and have a bit of a headache. I think it's mostly because I didn't prepare the drink and take it with me.

Also getting a little more determined to complete this. Somebody came over to borrow a dress, and I got nostalgic because I can't fit into those clothes anymore. Makes me determined to lose enough weight to wear those clothes again.

I read somewhere today that if I truly wanted this goal then cheating wouldn't even be a factor. If you want something bad enough nothing would tempt you to cheat. Going to try to keep this in mind everytime i start to crave something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:26 pm 

Hope your day went well.

Keep it up! The rewards will be more than worth it :)

Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:51 am 

Day 3

I fell asleep before writing yesterday.

Day 3 was okay, I kept busy most of the day so there wasn't much temptation. Near the end of the day, I really wanted some peanuts. Kept thinking that it should be okay because they are so small they shouldn't even count. Just forced myself to drink the lemonade instead.

I've been having some alterations in my mood, the jist of which is that I want to purge my life of more than just unhealthy food. The reality of my relationships with certain people in my life are becoming more clear and I want to get rid of those relationships too.

Trying not to do anything drastic because I'm not sure if this is a effect of the cleanse or if I'm just getting older and crankier.

I am down to 135. That's great, and as long as I see results I think I can keep going:)

Off to a day that's going to test my resolve...barbeque day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:33 pm 

Day 4

So today there was a barbeque. I tried to stay away from the food, but it was almost impossible. Fortunately for me, I was able to stop myself from taking a bite. It was hard though, all I wanted was to just have one chip.

Felt a little light headed , so I drank a glass of the lemonade and it went away. I am getting tired of the drink, but I'm determined to stick it out this time. My skin has been clearing up, that's something that is keeping me motivated. It's not perfect but it's better than it has been in a while.

I don't have much energy today and that can be attributed to not drinking the lemonade. I am just so tired of it, that I just skipped the daily dose and only drank a cup when I got light headed. I will aim to do the recommended amount tomorrow.

Weight today 133.5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:01 pm 

Day 5

Today started out a little slow. I was a little lethargic. We cleaned up from the barbeque yesterday and then dropped off my husband and dud find errands. I've been very reflective during this cleanse and today even more so.

Evaluating a lot of things regarding the people around me. I'm not sure if I should share my observations. They are not asking for it, so it's probably best yet I just keep my mouth shut.

I have had an odd craving for peanuts this time around. Everytime I got tempted , I told myself to just drink a glass of lemonade and if I still wanted peanuts afterwards I could have it. The idea worked. I drank the lemonade and didn't go near the peanuts.

I keep looking at the mirror and lifting up my shirt to see if my stomach has shrunk any. Everytime I see my stomach it keeps me motivated to keep going. I've never had a flat stomach, but it's been one of those lifetime goals. I know it's sounds superficial, but it's just something that seems to have always been out of my reach. I am really determined this time to do it though. I've set the goal and even if it does take me a year, I want to get it ...to just show myself that I'm capable of things that I put my mind to.

I also watch too much tv because when I see celebrities with their flat stomachs and six packs I want it too...I know that average people do not have that kind of body, but I really want it for some reason. Going to devise a plan to achieve my goal and then just do it. No more excuses!

Today's weight was 131.5.

10:17 pm... I cheated. My husband was frying up some chicken and the smell just got to me, I had a 2 peices and then had peanuts. I am annoyed at myself for giving in... I am going to keep going on the cleanse. I have gotten this far and I don't want to restart. I will just keep going tomorrow. Sigh...a little disappointed in myself but I realize I'm human.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:08 pm 

Hello House2016,
How's your day going? Your cleanse sounds like mine, similar struggles with cravings, and I have yet to go longer than 3 days on the MC. Argh!
Gotta keep going, right?
I found a saying I think fits me...makes me ask myself if what I am craving is going to be worth it..."A month from now, you'll wish you had started TODAY!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 pm 

Hi Josiebear,

The first couple of days are definitely the hardest. I think it's mostly because it's kind of like a shock to your system when it does not get any solid foods. Stay strong because you can do it. Once your body gets over the shock and adjusts, it does get a little easier.

Temptations and cravings are a challenge. I have come up with a strategy for that. Now when someone is eating or cooking in front of me, I just walk away and occupy myself with some mediocre task till they are done.

I have noticed some results and that keeps me motivated. I used to get frustrated with working out because I couldn't see results as fast as I wanted to. While this is not the most ideal way of losing weight, I really just needed it to give me a good quick start so that I can work to maintain instead of work to lose weight.

Good luck with the week. If you feel tempted just post me a message, I will try to help:)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:57 pm 

Day 6

I feel like I have gotten over a hump. The last several days were really challenging. Today I have reached a feeling of calm. The temptations are there but it's not as strong. I kind of just shrug. For example, I went to the drug store and as I was walking by the snack aisle, I wanted to reach out for a bag of Mrs.Vickies and just have one bite of a crunchy chip, oddly enough it didn't last too long. I forced myself to look away and just get what I came for.

I've noticed that it's easier for me to focus now. I don't get too distracted by things that I normally would. Makes things a little simpler and easier for me.

The second reason I feel like I've gotten over the hump is that I have a little more energy. I feel lighter and less sluggish. It's a nice feeling. My shirt wasn't as tight on me this morning and that gave me a smile.

It's nice to feel good about myself.

Today's weight is at 131.

I think I may be plateauing , but that's okay too. I'm done being so hard on myself. I am so relaxed with other people, it's time I gave myself the same courtesy:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm 

Day 7

Started the morning with the SW flush. I try to think of it as just soup broth. I find that when I drink the sw flush in the morning, I don't really get hungry or thirsty as much. I should drink more lemonade but I am tired of it. I would rather just drink water, which is what I did today. I will start drinking the lemonade again tomorrow, I just can't bring myself to do it today.

I found that my day went by really quickly today. I was painting the outside of a house today and I was so caught up in the painting that my mind didn't even think about food or drink. It's the end of the day and I don't feel hungry. I'm a little tired, I don't know if it's s lack of nutrients or just the physical work. Either way, I feel fine.

I did weigh myself when I got home. I was at 130...not sure if this is accurate. Normally I weigh myself with all my clothes on, today I weighed myself before a shower. I want to continue the cleanse until I'm done my renos. I figure that should be another two weeks. Don't know if I will be able to make it, but I don't see the harm in trying.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm 

Day 8

I did not do the SW flush today. Just couldn't do it today. Didn't drink any lemonade this morning and could really feel it around 1:00. Got really dizzy, do I had two pieces of candy to give myself a boost. I needed it. Came straight home and made myself some lemonade and I was good to go again. Spent the afternoon painting. The renos are coming along.

I know I should be drinking 6-8 glasses of lemonade a day, but the further along I get in the cleanse, the less I drink. I'm just so tired of it. I prefer just to drink water. Might explain why I get agitated so quickly. I felt bad that my husband didn't have any food, so I went and got him some healthy salads and his favourite lunch meats. When j came home, I sampled the potato salad. Normally I would be really hard on myself, but today I'm like "whatever"...

I know I can do it for another week, I just needed something solid to get me through the next week.

Today's weight was 129.5.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm 

Day 9

Did the SW flush this morning. Haven't had a cup of lemonade all day. Just drank water. I couldn't bring myself to drink the lemonade. Just didn't want it. Not lacking any energy. I was productive today. Did a lot of painting and running around to the hardware store. Got home took a shower and am still ok.

I am a little tired but I think that has more to do with the physical work today. Not hungry and not craving anything either.

Weighed in at 128.5 at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:51 am 

Hey there Just dropping a line to say hi and great job! I did the cleanse back in May and lost 17lb. Gained between 3 and 5 back (depending on the day I weigh in). Need to lose a few more. So I am starting again today. Will check in with you periodically if you're still around.
Cheers!
(literally) I'm on my second venti cup of lemonade today. Had also 32oz of water already.
We can do this!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 pm 

Hi,

I did complete it but then I fell back into bad habits. So I am going to start again with you:)

I will start tomorrow as I already ate something today.

We can do this and we will. Congratulations on all the weight you lost the first time around. I'm not sure how much more you want to lose, but I will do what ever I can to help and motivate you:)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 pm 

How are you House? I started today if you need a buddy!