Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 23 Day Cleanse! Game On!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:46 am 

Day 1: Ease In Day 1 (Fruits and Veggies Only)

Height: 5’8.5”
CW: 182.4lbs
GW: 150lbs

Recently, I travelled to Australia to visit my Greek Australian boyfriend and his family for the first time. Before I departed, I mentally prepared myself for doing the MC upon my return. I even created a calendar with my ease-in and ease-out days. Currently, my cleanse will run from August 9th to August 31st, 23 days. Aggressive? Yes I know for the first time, but I am more motivated then ever after returning from my visit with my boyfriend and hopefully future in laws :D . During my stay I have eaten more meat and bread then I probably have in the past several years. I believe my body was not fully capable of handling, but not to insult the sweetest people on earth I took part in any roll, pita bread, pork, beef or souvlaki offered and then some :P . I do have to say it was delicious! However, now that my feet are planted back on American soil, the jet lag has worn off and I have taken introspection my body and spirit feel different. It genuinely feels heavier. All facts considered I gained an incredible 8.8 lbs in 2 weeks but I am having headaches, my shoulder began hurting, I am getting hot for no, reason, etc. All in all my equilibrium is just completely off. I expected this after vacationing with him in Greece and picking up on these physically costly eating habits so in turn it makes me more motivated than ever to begin.

Today being day one, I enjoyed my last day yesterday of “reckless” eating and began this morning with the SWF. Consequently, it has been nearly an hour and half since I took it and all I feel is bloated and salt, like a big bowl of Campbell’s soup with extra adobo. I am thinking the SW mixture got absorbed by some of the food in my stomach and is not passing through or I am just being impatient. In any event I am drinking a laxative tea in hopes to give it a jolt. I will be so happy when some of these past couple of weeks of damage start running through my system. I am hoping to get all of the support I can get from this forum. I am feeling fairly motivated but I love food and after I pass my ease-in days I am scared my motivation will start to dwindle especially since my body has gotten use to such heavy starches and protein. In any event, I am fairly disciplined and will keep going but would love to hear thoughts, comments or advice along the way! Stay tuned! 8)

Last edited by yvette0524 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 23 Day Cleanse! Game On!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:48 am 

So... that smooth move and a hot shower was the winning ticket. So glad that SWF is not sitting inside me. So far so good with a bowl of fruit this morning and some tea. We will see how things continue to progress. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:57 am 

Day 2: Ease In Day 2 (Fruits and Veggies Juices Only)

SW: 182.4lbs
CW: 179.4lbs

Yesterday went fairly well, the withdrawal of processed starches made me go into sugar withdrawal. I managed to eat raw fruits and vegetables for the majority of the day. I did have a cup of unsweetened green ice tea in which I added one teaspoon of all natural sweetener, I also added one teaspoon of all natural sweetener to my corn and in the middle of the night I got a cramp so bad from the flush not running through me completely that it kept me up. During my period of insomnia I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :oops: Hey! At least I got rid of the last tempting item in my pantry as I made sure my refrigerator and pantry were empty before starting this process. No grocery shopping for me for a while! :D Regardless, of my hangups I am still in my ease in period so I'd say I am easing in nicely. I didn't take the sea salt flush this morning since I had a sandwich at 5:00AM I was in fear that it would just absorb the flush. So I just had a cup of the laxative tea which may do the trick. I may do the SWF later on this evening depending on if I don't mind being kept up all night :D or I may just start it again in the morning. I am inclined to go with the latter. :wink:

In any event, I have dropped 3 pounds. Probably water weight and a lot of the heavy solids I had eaten while in Australia passing through me but I will still take it. Great motivation! And one step closer. :D Today is only fruit and veggie juices, I may throw some chicken broth in there for dinner. I have had 32 ounces of all natural fruit juice this morning and I hardly feel hungry... then again I still had a PB&J sandwich not too long ago. Haha, happy thoughts! If anyone, wants to join me I am officially starting with the cleanse on Friday, 8/12/16, after my ease in period ends, which for me was so necessary. Would love the company, comments, thoughts and support. Until tomorrow...

P.S. I forgot that I added reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette to the spring mix salad I made... uggh damn my sugar cravings. Want to keep it 100% honest on the forum. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:17 am 

Day 3 Ease In Day 3 ADD IN (Broth and Veggie Juices Only)

CW: 178.4lbs

So yesterday went fairly well. I did only have fruit and veggie juices and di dnot have as many slip ups as the day before. I come to find that I actually get full off of the liquids and not once did I feel hungry. Though fruit and veggie juices are packed with all types of nutrients that fight hunger it made me hopeful that during the cleanse I will be just fine with sustaining my life solely on liquid. I weighed myself this morning and was down another pound. Yay! Again it is probably most of the immediate solids leaving my body as now I am in more of a straining mode when I am using the bathroom. All in all I guess this is the process. I did slip up and have a late night craving for food. Since I have limited supplies in my place I settled for 2 hard boiled eggs which I absolutely love any way. Hey I felt it was better than a PB&J sandwich. :wink: I think once my body recovers from the jet lag and all of the heavy food I ate over the passed 2 weeks I wont be up at 4AM eating. :D That being said I did decide to add another day to my ease in process. I rather do the master cleanse 100% and take my time easing instead of having slip ups. Besides I know my body, my cravings aren't powerful I could resist them but since I am easing in I feel the smarter thing to do is wean myself rather than go cold turkey. I am in this to win this! 8) So today will be mainly broths and Ill finish up the rest of this veggie juice I have, tomorrow will be the OJ and maple syrup combo and Saturday will be the official start of the lemonade diet. I know, sucks to start on a Saturday but, Ill spend my day cleaning, unpacking and save money by avoiding restaurants and social gatherings. I need to recoup any way. hehe :D

So Ill be taking a short nap before I suffer the pain of doing another SWF this morning. I figured if I do it before my nap, I really wont get to enjoy it. :shock: Until tomorrow peeps. Would love to hear from someone doing the challenge now.

P.S. Oh crap I forgot I di have a handful of cashews and chocolate chips yesterday... they were so good. Damn those sugars! :P Still did better than day 1. Stay positive!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:42 am 

Day 4 Ease In Day 4 (3 liters of orange juice, maple syrup add optional)

CW: 176lbs

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I decided that I still needed to wean myself off of solids so with primarily having chicken broth and about 2 glasses of vegetable juice all day I did have some eggs midday and in the evening. Fortunately, I didn't have any cravings when I woke up and didn't eat anything. I took my laxative tea in the evening and went to bed. Since I am halfway through today already and today is my last ease in day I am super stoked that I went down another 2.4lbs. Again, it could be water and the removal of most solids but I am feeling not as bloated and heavy as when I returned from vacation so I am over the moon about it. Tomorrow will be my first day on the actual lemonade diet and I plan not to succumb to any solids while on the diet and walk for 30 minutes each day. I don't want to push myself but I like to set high goals, maybe it will also help with muscle retention since I here you do lose some muscle the longer you are on the diet.

I picked up my supplies today and good lord almighty the maple syrup was $45.00 in the health store near me!! :shock: :shock: It took my forever to find Organic Grade B Maple Syrup and it wasn't cheap. Fortunately I got a 25% discount. :lol: I think the rest of today should be just fine. Today has been the best thus far. The orange juice really helps curve any cravings as I haven't had any today. I think I will be in tip top shape come Labor Day with this attitude. In any event, Ill check back in tomorrow.

Stay positive!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 am 

Day 5: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 175.4lbs

Yesterday was not bad at all. I managed to lose .6 more lbs so that is awesome. The orange juice ease out day was very easy since the orange juice seemed very filling. Even more so the vegetable and fruit juice. I think it was because I have a strong craving towards sugar and the orange juice was sweet. But I couldn't finish the 3 liters as it was too acidic. I think my cravings for other things are really cravings but based on the fact that I miss chewing. LOL. Today I actually start the lemonade diet. I just need to get the lemons and water. :D I keep pushing off the SWF. I really need to grit m teeth and just do it. haha

Anyway until tomorrow! Stay positive!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 am 

Day 6: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 173.8lbs

Yesterday was great. I did not crack not even once. Now the lemon pepper wings were truly truly tempting at my friends house and I could imagine myself biting into them but, I resisted. I truly resisted. I am still thinking of them now. :D The fact is I honestly miss chewing. Something I have been doing since I was born and this is the longest I have gone without chewing something :shock: Day 6 and I am already down almost 6lbs. Woohoo! I did work out yesterday, I did 30 min of intense walking for about 2 miles. I wasn't too hungry yesterday maybe, 30 minutes, but it wasn't unbearable.

So another 18 days, which seems like a life time but I know I can do it. The only thing I am struggling with is doing the sea salt flush. I cannot wrap my head around doing it. Grrr... :evil: Ill get there eventually. Well anyway. Stay positive!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:43 am 

Day 7: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 171.8lbs

Yesterday was difficult, I did crack a little bit but was able to do fairly well throughout most of the day. Today is day 3 and I heard this is the hardest day but I feel great. I am down 2 more lbs and I worked out this morning and now I am working. Not much to report throughout the day yesterday, did a lot of sleeping. The key is not to be get bored otherwise you will want to eat!!! Keep yourself occupied otherwise you will crack!! :D

Stay positive!! And keep going!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:04 am 

Day 8: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 171lbs

Good Morning Master Cleansers! I hope everyone's cleansing is going well. Yesterday went especially well for me. No cracking and no succumbing to temptation. However, I have concluded that I just by no means can stomach the SWF. I for some reason cannot mentally wrap my mind around it. I therefore decided to just do the laxative tea in the morning and again in the evening. This seems to be working just fine as I am releasing throughout most the day. The only downfall is that I hate that I am cramping most of the day as well. It can be a little torturous but whatever I need to do to cleanse my body. When I got a hunger pain and was tired of the lemonade or needed something solid I did just have a tablespoon of the maple syrup which seemed to help curve that. I am down .8lb today, which is phenomenal. I think this is the lowest I have been since I did weight watchers several years ago and I got down into the 160lbs. I am hoping to continue with the downward climb and if it happens to slow down maybe just maybe Ill do the SWF. :shock: Crap... I don't want to. All in all everything has been going well. I am not giving up. Stay positive everyone and if anyone is starting the cleanse or needs a buddy please do not hesitate to let me know! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:09 am 

Day 9: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 171lbs

No change today! A bit discouraging but hopefully that means that the weight has settled in and that it is not so much water weight! That's what I like to tell myself. :) But the good thing is I didn't go up. So I officially have 14 days left in my cleanse so I think it really should be GAME ON! I am going to make sure I truly stick with the lemonade drink and not have tablespoons of maple syrup to suffice the hunger pangs. I am also going to do two-a-days in which I am going to do some working out in the morning and in the evening for the next 2 weeks. I have made it this far better make the best of it. :D Still thinking positive, I have 21 more lbs to go and actually I am hoping to get down to 145lbs so that when I start eating and I gain some weight I settle at 150lbs. So I really need to be better about taking my laxative both night and morning if I am not going to do the SWF. Not much to report. The main thing I will say about this challenge is that most times I am not cracking because I am even hungry. I am cracking because I am bored and eating was an activity for me centered around specific times of the day. Additionally, there are so many food advertisements my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I miss chewing. That's really it. A habit I have been doing since I was born now I am suppressing. Its almost unnatural and what do I chew on, SOLID FOOD. So it really is mental. These remaining 2 weeks Ill just continue doing what I am doing, stay positive and gain more control over my mind. Until tomorrow...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:55 am 

Wow :D you are doing so good! It is very encouraging to follow your posts. Keep it up! I am starting tomorrow. Look forward to reading how you are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:13 am 

JOSIEBEAR - Thank you so much for the response! I was starting to feel alone on an island on the forum! Your encouragement has definitely made my day. :D I am glad you enjoy my posts. I try to post everyday as a way to stay accountable but also in hopes that it encourages people with my same struggles... hehe. :lol: Please feel free to respond with updates on your progress as well. Its hard at the start and can get difficult during the process but I always say if you fall off just pick-up where you left off. You don't have to be perfect! :D I hope to hear from you again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:25 am 

Day 10: The Lemonade Diet

CW: 169.4lbs

I was so delighted today to see my weight in the 160s. I don't care if it barely made it, I haven't seen the 160s since I did weight watchers several years ago. :D I am so bored with not eating food but I am so thrilled about the benefits of this cleanse. My skin is clearing up, my senses are becoming sharpened and surprisingly as other blogs have promised I have more energy than expected! Have the hunger pains stopped? NO, but they are completely manageable. I have more lemonade or drink some water and I am typically fine right after. So far 13lbs down! Amazing. I have been working out and this morning I worked out a bit longer about 20 minutes longer and so far so good. I haven't had any dizzy spells like I have heard on the blogs. Such a blessing. Well 13 more days to go. I would be lying if I said I wasn't ready for this to be over but I am more ready to have a better relationship with food. Hope to trend at a 1.5 lbs per day to make goal. Stay motivated! Stay positive! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 am 

Yvette!

Great job! You're doing great!

I'm gearing up to take the plunge again. It is so true that staying busy helps! Are the people around you encouraging? I have nothing but saboteurs and naysayers around me! Ha! So I am always a secret Master Cleanser!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:33 am 

Hi Abbey Lee - Yes, I have the same problem. This is my first time doing the cleanse and all I hear is "that is so unhealthy", "you are going to burn your insides", "you don't need to lose weight", "I don't understand why you are doing that just eat healthy", "you are gonna gain it all back".... and so on and so on. So now I am just trying to ignore the "negative" talk and stay focused. So it is so good having people like you respond on the forum. It is my only outlet. I went through a severe will power test, my office ordered Publix cream cheese birthday cake for our team birthday party and usually I cannot help but have at least 2 pieces of the cake. I was the one assigned to order, pick it up and serve it and I didn't cave not once... not one little lick. Honestly, I didn't even want to. My sugar craving has decreased dramatically! YES! Now honestly, all I ever crave is a slice of plain pizza haha :D I looked up what that means and it typically means your body craving fatty acids which makes sense! So when I come off this instead of having a piece I think Ill just have a hard boiled egg with avocado spread on a slice of wheat toast. It is supposed to be a comparable substitute. That sounds amazing right now but honestly nothing beats pizza lol! :wink: Let me know when you take the plunge again. Ill be your MC buddy. :wink: