Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Birdy's Cleanse
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:18 pm 

Thanks for posting the Lemon stats. Interesting.

Girl, you gotta make your 6 minimum glasses of the cocktail, because your body needs the nutrients. (tiny slap on your wrist) But otherwise, good for hanging in there, especially while plateau-ing. I just had a three day plateau. These things happen. I think it was Greybeard who also posted a small one-day gain. It's just part of the deal. Good on ya for taking the broader overview ...really a pound a day is to be expected overall, and if you are doing better than that, well you are surely ahead of the game!

Bloating... that happened to me on this cleanse. It passes, pardon the pun.

So, keep up the good work, but dammit, get your 6 glasses. Your body deserves it.

Love, Lem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:25 pm 

Awww I love that you're learning all about the lemons! So nice! They are the only anionic fruit, and so they attract and pull negative ions out of us. Aka toxins!

Don't worry about the plateau! It will pass and a bunch of weight will fall off all at once! You are doing great!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 am 

DAY 8

Lost another pound, for a total of 8, on day 8, and I feel great mate, I'm in such a good state!! Ha ha. OK… I'll stop.

Oh! I looked into cayenne pepper and here's what I found. Cayenne dilates the blood vessels and speeds up metabolism due to high amounts of capsaicin. When consumed, the amount of heat the body puts off is influenced. It increases circulation and blood flow to all major organs, facilitating oxygen and nutrient delivery. It supports a healthy energy balance while suppressing the appetite. And it's high in Vitamin A, and also has B6, Vit E, Vit C, riboflavin, potassium and manganese. Thanks, Wikipedia!

My energy level has finally improved! I'm very happy about that!! It's not 100% (probably 75%), but it's getting better and better.

After my plateau over the past two days, I reverted back to the recommended 2 tsp of salt in my flush and increased my lemonades to 7/day. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Everybody keeps asking me how long I plan to do the cleanse. My answer is that I really don't know. I do know that I'm not ready to give it up yet. Originally, I had wanted to push for 10 days, but that will only be 2 days from now, and I'm simply not ready yet. My body will let me know when it's ready. So, we'll see.

Today's quote: "I like who I'm becoming."

Have a great week everyone!
Birdy

SW: 138
CW: 130 (8 lbs down!!)
GW: 120

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:01 am 

That is wonderful Birdy! Yes that's the number one question, "How much longer are you going to keep doing this!?" So now I'm silent as the grave cause they annoy me and mess me up! My head is cray enough!

You are doing wonderfully! Yes plateaus happen and I once gained! Ha! Weirdest thing, but followed by a nice larger loss.

Stay til your body is ready! The journey to 120 is a great one and you can do it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:46 am 

DAY 9

Another stone in the jar! That makes 129. It feels sooooo good to be back in the '20's again!! I'm really starting to believe I might actually make my 120 weight goal… just maybe??

I have a whopper of a headache today. It started at work last night.

I was explaining my diet to a dr at work last night. I told her I was drinking 7 glasses/day, for a total of 770 calories. She said that's too few calories per day, and she explained it this way. She said I need at least 850 calories/day to maintain bodily functions. Then additional calories added to compensate for physical activity. Otherwise, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to every single thing it gets. She said you will actually lose weight faster and healthier if you consume at least 1000-1200 calories per day. So, I'm going to up my lemonade intake once again, and try for 9 glasses/day. Holy cow. I'll give it a try, though.

Today's quote: "You did not wake up today to be mediocre."

Have a successful day!!
Birdy

CW: 129 (9 lbs down)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:03 pm 

Hey, halfway on the weight goal! That's a milestone (pardon the pun vis a vis your rockpile counting method).

Interesting advice from your co-worker. Nothing wrong with going to 9 glasses; 12 is perfectly acceptable, and on my first cleanse (super successful in terms of my weight goals) I was glugging 12 a day almost every day. Might've had 13 glasses once or twice, for that matter. But it's so true what Abbey Lee says, that the lemon is actively cleansing your system.

You going to hang in there on the MC until you make 120 lbs? I usually burn off a few more lbs on the OJ day and veg soup ease-out, which I stretch to about 4 days when I can. So, theoretically, if you really had to, you could end the cleanse on 122 lbs or so, and then ease off gently. But it'd also be cool if you stayed on the lemonade until you hit 120. I'm on Day 13 and I'm not minding being on the lemonade these extra few days. And I may be on for quite a few more, if I really barrel along to revive the pink tongue. You're hitting all the right points... discipline, positive attitude. You WILL make your goal, however you decide to play it.

Good work, pebbles.

Love, Lem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:22 am 

DAY 10

I've made it 10 days!! Woo hoooooo!! I'm not quite ready to give up on the Master Cleanse yet, though. I wanna see what happens if I don't give up.

That headache from yesterday is still here. I had to take Tylenol every four hours all day and night yesterday and this morning. It's a whopper!!

It doesn't help being on a 6-day stretch at work. Today is Day 5. But then I have a 3-day weekend, which I'm worried about. I don't do very well on weekends. I swear you can't make any plans on the weekends with friends if there isn't food and/or alcohol present!! Urrghh. I told my hubby I think we should hide out this weekend and do yard work, maybe go for a long hike, long naps, and watch movies.

Speaking of my husband, I think I have him coaxed into starting a keto-lifestyle after my cleanse. It will be much harder on him than it is on me, that's for sure!! He needs to lose weight, but after the cleanse, I'm simply looking for an easy way to maintain.

BTW, huge thanks to Bali Lemon for all the encouragement!!!! I'm following your lead, Lem! If you keep going, I'll keep going!

Today's quote: "Free cheese is always available in mouse traps." (Weird, I know, but it put a smile on my face:)

Love, Birdy

CW: 129 (still 9 lbs down)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:37 pm 

Yeah, baby! Killin' it.

Such a good idea to avoid the friends and do some nice stuff like a hike or gardening. I did a little gardening yesterday. Perfect thing to get my attention outwards, not think about anything that would make me U-turn.

Those friends are going to see you in days ahead, all skinny and glowing, and they're going to ask you what you did. And you can tell them!

Good plan on the keto diet afterwards. Is there no way your husband would try the MC? I cannot, cannot, cannot make a dietary change without first blasting through a Master Cleanse and ridding myself of the toxic addictions. And I am a really healthy eater, in general. But, damn, I spent a month in France and Spain this summer, and it was croissants and foie gras and desserts and wine and... and... and that's all it took to make me a junkie again. This MC is the only way I know how to cleanly end the bad habits and make me willfully desire a diet of greens and simple protein. Which is what I'll do after the MC is over.

But, anyway, if your husband makes any sort of noise that he is curious about how to lose weight, have him read Burroughs' original text or the Peter Glickman book, which is very user-friendly and answers a lot of FAQs.

Just remember that those headaches are the toxins coming out. Stay the course, it only gets better. Be sure to get in your 6 to 12 glasses of the spicy lemonade, and you will be giving yourself the electrolytes you need. And sip some water in between if you can. Mint tea is also allowed; no other teas, though. I often fall back on a cup, just to have something else going in.

Ba'Lime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:55 am 

DAY 11

Another pound down!

Well, I skipped the SWF this morning for the first time since I began the cleanse because I have an appt in a bit. It felt like a treat, ha!! I'm getting my eyelash extensions filled. Eyelash extensions are one of my favorite indulgences. No more messy false eyelashes, and you wake up cute!

Not much to report this morning. My headache is G O N E !!!!

I'd like to go another week on the cleanse; however, I'm concerned about going so long with no protein. I'm afraid I'm going to start breaking down muscle. Any ideas? Is it safe? is 10 days plenty? I do have a plan for when I'm finished with the cleanse. The ease out, and then keto. I simply don't know what to do… Any ideas????

Today's quote: "Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction."

CW: 128 (10 lbs down)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:31 am 

DAY 12

One more pound down, for a GRAND TOTAL OF 11 POUNDS!!

I say grand total, because I've decided to ease off the cleanse. I didn't drink nearly enough lemonade yesterday (5), was extremely active, and I got very lethargic and very weak at work last night.

But I've enjoyed the cleanse actually. It did "re-boot" my body and brain. I lost quite a bit of weight, and I have a good solid plan set up for after my ease-out as I'm sidestepping over to a keto lifestyle.

I'll post back occasionally to let you all know how the next phase is going. I expect to gain a few pounds back in water weight, but hopefully with the keto plan, I'll be able to curb the weight gain.

Good luck to you all… It's a great program, and it did exactly what I wanted it to!! I appreciate all the kind words of wisdom!! Good luck Bali Lemon and Abbie Lee!!!!

Love, Birdy

CW: 127 (Total of 11 pounds down!!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:02 am 

Great job Birdy! Way to go!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:20 pm 

Yay, Birdy! Congratulations on the re-boot!

Do post a success story in that section, and if you can, outline how your keto plan works. Write down your successful actions on the MCleanse, too. The more people can read these, the more inspired they are in their own Cleansing.

Love, Bali Lem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:19 am 

TWO WEEKS POST-CLEANSE

Thought I'd post an update on my post-cleanse. I've only gained 2 pounds back! After the cleanse, I started a Keto plan, where I try to eliminate as many carbs from my diet as possible. It is very easy to ingest far too many calories on the Keto diet, so I not only have to watch the carbs, but I try to be very conscious of the number of calories each day and keep them to 1,200. As long as I'm mindful of that, I do very well.

I did notice that on the second half of my cleanse my energy came back, and I was actually more energetic then than I am now on the Keto diet. Interesting.

I have a 4-day weekend coming up with a quick trip to Memphis and then back home for a wedding on Saturday, and a party on Sunday, so Holy Cow, if I can keep this weekend under a 5-pound gain, that will be a success in and of itself!!

Happy Cleansing Everybody!!
Birdy