[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - First Attempt- Determined and a little Scared

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: First Attempt- Determined and a little Scared
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:36 am 

Preparing to start my first Master Cleanse.
I've read up and watched peoples' video blogs about the experience.
I know I need something to help myself break out of bad habits and try to regain my health. I've been caught in a cycle of craving crappy foods and binging on beer. It's so unhealthy. I've gained some weight, but the biggest thing is the way I feel- fatigued and sluggish, always hungry, lots of digestive bloating and just uncomfortable. I'm less productive and less happy.
So this cleanse seems like it would really help me reset my habits and cravings, and help my body be ready for getting healthy and active again.
If I can do it.
I've never gone without eating solid food. Plus I don't like sweets, when I crave it's salty things and protein. So I am worried this will be hard for me. But I have a lot of detoxifying to do. So I really want to try.
I'm glad to have found this forum. This cleanse isn't something that I feel like I can ask my friends for support with. They will tell me it's crazy and try to talk me out of it.
So Here's to hoping for some support, and I know that being able to read all your stories will help!

Today I'm trying to have only liquids and raw produce. Using up what's mine in the fridge. Juice, almond milk, fresh apple, and a raw salad for my dinner meal.
Tomorrow I hope to start the lemonade cleanse, and do the 10 days if I can.

Post subject: Re: First Attempt- Determined and a little Scared
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:02 am 

Yesterday was okay.... not great... I stuck to liquids and salad- just a lettuce mix with avocado and ginger dressing.
At night though I caved and had a few beers. I'm so used to drinking. It's really hard not to- but I had less than I normally would. Ate a soup of lentils, spinach, onion, and tomato. That probably sounds like I have no commitment, but honestly I'm not going to be hard on myself. Especially since sitting next to me, my husband was eating pizza and decided to bake a carrot cake. I freaking love pizza. I'm super addicted to processed carbs. But I stuck to my no grains promise!

This morning is Day 1 !!!
weight: 151.2
I lost one pound just from the light eating yesterday.
Starting with the saltwater flush. I am not sure if that's correct- to do that on day one before starting the lemon drink.
It says every day though, so I tried.
OMG how does anyone drink an entire quart of warm salty water?! That's so much! Four whole cups!
I split it in half and got that down- I'm hoping that's enough for day 1 SWF
Maybe it will be easier as my body gets cleansed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:52 am 

:/ I opened the fridge, and there's still stuff in there. Perishable healthy foods that I know will go to waste.
Salad mix
apple
pumpkin puree
avocado

My husband is not going to eat these things. It's really bothering me. I can freeze the pumpkin probably, but the rest?

Okay. New plan. Since I drank yesterday, I'm going to call today another "ease in day". I am going to eat these healthy plant based foods. I am going to drink the laxative tea.
Plants only today, no lentils or beans. and *no beer*!

so Day -1 !!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:57 am 

Hang in there and remember the first 3 days are the hardest. I am beginning today. I have done the MC a few times but last time has been over a year ago. I have a formal wedding to attend in two weeks and I would just like to be able to breathe with my gown on lol. So that's a bit of incentive for me.

I like to have a glass of wine every night and love my coffee and of course food. Once you get started just don't think about how many days you have to go think about how good this will be for your body and just take one day at a time. I always have so much clarity and feel great about the 7th/8th days and once I accomplish that 10th day I feel great on so many levels. Get rid of anything you know will tempt you food wise. Don't have alcohol around and take bathes or read or do something in the evening to keep you out of the kitchen. Evenings are always the hardest for me and that's when I tend to take a bath with a nice tall glass of LA and relax before bed.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:06 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:29 am 

Ahhh your day 1 is my day 1. I started on Monday but hubby brought me coffee and without thinking I drank it but then thought well I can still do it and then at work I found myself nibbling before realizing OMG I can't eat so I made Tuesday my day 1.

How are you doing? We can support each other and get through this together. It's tough but so worth it in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:36 am 

How are you doing?