[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Getting MC'd ... Again

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Getting MC'd ... Again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 am 

I'm back for Round ???. I've done the MC a few times but it's been over a year since the last time. I have a wedding to attend in 12 days which allows me the perfect amount of time to do the 10 day MC with two days of ease out.

I made my days supply of LA last night and will add the cayenne pepper to it as I drink it. I drank a cup of the laxative tea this morning. I don't like to do it in the evening because it keeps me up all night :( Tomorrow I will do the SWF in the morning. I have to get up early and do that first thing so I don't have any issues on the way to work but I can't do it every day. I have tried and I know I just can't but I try to do it every third day and both Saturdays and Sundays.

Main reason for this time around is of course to drop a little weight by the wedding but also to get clarity and refocus my food cravings. I love to have my wine at night and my coffee in the mornings and my eating has been out of wack lately. Just putting a lot of unhealthy things in my body. No I don't have any desire to become a vegetarian or anything like that after the MC just trying to refocus. We are big football fans and the fall is always about stews, soups, chilis, etc. in the crockpot and beer/wine while watching the games! I love Football season but need to get a little under control before hand.

I workout at the gym 5-6 days a week and plan to continue with my workouts. Maybe not as strenuous but definitely continue. Have had a lot of fun this summer with many gatherings, etc. and then went on a long two week vacation so I put on some weight and this will help me get started on losing and getting back to 145 which is where I feel the healthiest at.

This morning I weighed in at 166.7 which I'm not happy about but it is what it is. I will take my measurements tonight because I like to watch those as well. Hoping to be down 10 pounds by the end of this fabulous journey ;).

Here's to drinking lots of LA ... YUM lol

Post subject: Re: Getting MC'd ... Again
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:23 am 

okay I didn't finish Monday correctly so had to start over on Tuesday. My husband had brought me coffee with cream as he always does and then I accidentally ate something with no thought sooooo .... can't count that as day 1.

So Tuesday was day 1: 166.2
Day 2: 163.1
Day 3: 160.3

So today is day 3. The first two days weren't too bad. I think today might be a little difficult. I've had a little bit of a headache and need to focus on getting my LA down because the last couple of days I really didn't drink much of it. I'm not a fan of the taste so it's kind of a dread thing and then I suck it down as fast as humanly possible.

I took the smooth move tea the first day but have not drank any since and have not done the SWF either. For some reason any time I do the MC it goes right through me anyhow so there has been no need. Saturday I will do a SWF and see how that goes.

Last night the kids (well they are adult kids) wanted pizza so I picked up a couple Little Ceasers Pepperoni Pizzas on my way home from work. OMG $5 a pizza what a deal no wonder there are so many cars there all the time! Anyhow, I got home and they were complaining that it was Little Ceasers and I said to them if I'm picking up pizza for you while I'm cleansing you are getting Little Ceasers lol. They actually said it was pretty good. Might have to try them more often they aren't far from the house.

I'm constantly dreaming about food and the food is at reach but there's always an obstacle in the way preventing me from getting to it :( Our minds are funny creatures. This morning on my way to work all I could smell was bacon. I'm on a freeway not like there's a Cracker Barrel anywhere near so WTH!!!

Was hoping to exercise through this MC but so far not so much. Maybe when I get that burst of energy in a few days I can do some cardio. I miss the gym, I miss wine, I miss coffee. Everything else I'm good on. Maybe after I've finished with this I can just go on a diet of wine and coffee maybe with a little cheese thrown in :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 am 

OMG my sense of smell is off the charts! all I can smell is food! Everyone must be in the lunchroom heating up their meals or I have just lost my mind. 3 1/2 hours until off work and then going home to crawl in a hot bath, with a hot cup of peppermint tea and early bed. Needing this day to end very quickly. Day 3 is no joke!!! I can do this!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 am 

DAY 4!!!

Day 1: 166.2
Day 4: 158.2

Total lost - 8 pounds

Wow I am really surprised at the weight drop. I don't remember losing this much this fast. I always lose around 8-10 pounds during a 10 day MC. I know about mid way through the weight loss slows down but at this rate I think it will be more than 10 pounds. I still have 7 days to go including today.

I canceled my supper club event on Wednesday and my normal get together with the ladies last night so I wouldn't be tempted. I went home from work and the kids were making burgers and fries. The smell was amazing but no temptation. I went and took a nice hot bath with a lush bath bomb (the best) and then went to bed early. My 20 year old daughter was doing this with me and she caved last night so the hubby asked if I was going to continue and I said yes. I'm going to accomplish this. It isn't an easy thing to do, I have started and stopped many times before and I have made it through the 10 days before. When I stop early I feel like such a failure because it really is mind over matter. Once I get past the 4th day though it usually is pretty easy going, just have to stay focused and be strong. The weekend is coming and that's the hardest for me because that's when I usually cook a lot and we have drinks and people over and the football games, etc. etc.

I'm hoping to get a burst of energy as well so I can get back in the gym tomorrow. I really want to do my spinning classes on Monday and Tuesday as well. I decided I'm not doing weight training while MC'ing but really want to be able to do my cardio next week.

I never did get a chance to take my measurements :( Procrastinated again :|, however I can tell I've lost inches already because my tummy is sunken in and my pants I have on today are baggier than the last time I wore them. I carry my weight in my butt and thighs so that is always the last place to lose.

I feel good today, no hunger pangs but my brain is definitely foggy. I have not been drinking enough of the LA, I know that, I need to try to at least get in 5 glasses a day to keep my energy up. I have enough for 2 glasses here at work with me so I need to get 3 more in tonight which to be honest it probably won't happen because by the time I get home I just want to retreat to my room. Definitely starting tomorrow I will force myself to get more down. This morning I warmed up a cup of LA to sip on and it's nice to have something warm in the morning. Debating whether to do the SWF tomorrow. I don't do well with it and often swell up so bad. I guess that comes with age. I'm 47. I feel a lot younger but my body often reminds me of my age by swelling like a balloon with too much sodium. I might lick a little salt off my hand though because I read an article a few years ago that said the swf is also beneficial because our bodies need sodium. The article read that if you are not getting at least 500mg a day you can cause damage to your heart and blood flow so I may go lick a little salt off my finger lol. 500 mg is not much at all 1/4 tsp of salt has about 581mg of sodium.

I'm craving sushi!!! So bad all I want is sushi...

Okay I'm rambling...I guess that's the brain fog. Need to try to accomplish some work today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:45 pm 

Day 5!!!

Today was pretty good. I'm half way there only 5 days to go. I felt pretty good today, no desire to eat at all. Last night I made the fam cheesy chicken & broccoli Alfredo and tonight I made them chicken bombs which is my favorite and yes it looked and smelled delicious but I have no desire to cheat and mess up this fast. I don't know why but I love to cook when I'm doing the MC. I love to cook anyhow but I cook more when I'm fasting. Weird.

I'm up .2 and wonder if that's because I licked a little salt off my finger yesterday. My body is so sensitive to salt. I did finally do the swf this morning so I fully expect it to show on the scale tomorrow because I know I will retain fluids. I didn't want to do the swf and prob won't do it again during this MC but I think it's important to do it at least once to clean out the colon.

I'm freezing constantly and I'm tired other than that I feel good :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:32 am 

DAY 7!!!

Day 5: 158.4
Day 6: 158.9 up from SWF day before
Day 7: 157.3

Total lost - 8.9 pounds

Yesterday was a tough day. I had no desire to eat but I was light headed and foggy. Just felt off balance but that's my own fault because I really get sick of this LA and dread drinking it. I forced myself to gulp down 2 big glasses of LA and felt better within minutes. I drank more LA yesterday and tried to keep my water intake up. I made the fam loaded baked potato soup it smelled so good and had to keep asking the hubby to taste for seasoning purposes. I cook by taste not necessarily by recipe so I love to cook while fasting but it's hard to gauge the taste since I CAN'T TASTE :(

I had A LOT of aches and pains yesterday. My lower back was really killing me and my toe I broke a few years ago and knee joints, just a lot of aching. I know to expect that and that's the healing my body is going through so I try to just get through it. Today everything is feeling better but still a little ache in the lower back.

I'm going to my spin class tonight. I think I have enough energy today and want to get some cardio in. I might not push it as hard as I normally do but it would be nice to be able to get in there.

I can definitely see a difference in my body. My abs are looking like the 6 packs I used to have. Hubby asked me to stop he didn't want me loosing any more weight lol. That was sweet but I am committed. I only have 4 more days to go including today so this is the easy part!!!

I feel so lonely on this forum. I used to enjoy getting on here and doing the MC with other people but it seems like a dead zone this time around :( that's a little depressing. I am wondering if people just aren't cleansing as much or what but oh well I will keep going it alone.

I read an article with the medical journal recently that had some very interesting conclusions about fasting. I have found when I tell people I'm doing the MC they thank I'm crazy or they think I'm starving myself because they don't understand what it is and then you have so many people weighing in on it and saying negative things when they don't have the knowledge to do so which is annoying because I can tell you that the health benefits I get every time I complete a MC are amazing and I feel wonderful afterwards. Anyhow, they did several studies and found that fasting or cleansing does promote healing in the body and is very good for you. When we eat all the crap and processed foods that we eat all of our cleansing mechanisms and healing mechanisms are so busy dealing with the present situation that underlying disease and deterioration is happening. When we take all that food out of our bodies for a period of time it allows our cleansing and healing mechanisms to deal with those underlying issues and heal the body. That said I truly believe in the MC and believe in doing it at least once a year if not twice. The first 3-4 days are the hardest but if you can hold on to that point the rest is pretty easy.

Well need to pour me some LA and chug, chug, chug!!

Last edited by 49ergirl on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:07 am 

DAY 8!!!

Day 8: 156.5

Total lost - 9.7 pounds

Day 8 ...two more days to go and then orange juice! I have not been great about drinking the LA this MC. I'm just never hungry and don't bother with it. It's weird. I'm usually starving but nothing. I have no desire to eat anything and if it wasn't for the wedding this weekend I could probably do this for a longer period of time.

I find it funny that I can do a 10 day MC which involves so much willpower and self-control but I find it difficult to just eat healthy on a daily basis. Why is that? I mean it would be a hell of a lot easier than fasting for 10 days. I struggle with will power any time except during the MC, well I struggle then too but I'm able to over come it.

2 days to go ... Yippppppeeeeee!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 am 

DAY 9!!!

Day 9: 155

Total lost - 11.2 pounds

ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
I'm very happy with the weight loss. Over 11 pounds. I feel great and have lots of energy but I'm just looking forward to being done.

One of the secretaries at my office had cookies delivered for everyone yesterday. Big, warm, 5 inch chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut, oatmeal raisin and red velvet cookies with milk!!! OMG!!! The smell was AMAZING!!! I was very much wishing I was not doing the MC right now. But the moment passed and I successfully passed that test. All I can think about is just getting today and tomorrow over with.

I tried on my dress for the wedding last night and it fits perfectly. Very happy about that so all is good. tick tock, tick tock, tick tock........................

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am 

DAY 10!!!

Day 10: 154.4

Total lost - 11.8 pounds

I am so happy to be on day 10. I DID IT!!! It's been a busy day at work so the day is flying by but looking forward to having some orange juice tomorrow. Might even have a couple orange slices :) Don't want to overdue it of course. I will post final results in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:40 pm 

Great job!

This is a pretty empty forum, but I got on to get my mind ready to do another cleanse starting next week. I had done 15 days the first time, a few months ago. But I could tell that even after the 15 days I wasn't done. I had to start traveling, so I had to stop the cleanse. I'm back from two months of travel, so in a few days I'm ready to commit to a much longer cleanse.

It was encouraging reading your journal. I can see that you overcame some hurdles. Thank you for sharing. Have a spectacular time at the wedding. Looks like you'll be stealing the show in your dress!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:17 am 

Thanks Rosebud. Yes the forum was very lonely this time around but I still like to journal if it helps others and also it gives me a history to look at for the next time. Good luck on your journey and stay strong! As you know it is the first few days that will be the battle, after that it's pretty smooth.

DAY 11 - ease out

Day 10: 154.4
Day 11: 154.1 - ease out
Total lost - 12.1 pounds

Overall I would have to say this was one of the easiest MCs I've done. The first few days were the hardest but after that it wasn't that difficult. I'm so pleased I did it on so many levels. The MC is really a test with ourselves and to pass that test always feels amazing!!!

I squeezed a couple oranges this morning & was pretty disappointed with the 1/4 cup of juice I got out of them so I've just been nibbling on them today. I feel great and no desires to eat anything but the oranges which is also weird for me this go around because usually when I complete a MC all I can think of is food and this time I'm just content with the oranges. Just plan on eating veggies tomorrow. I'm going to exercise and continue to lose weight to get to my goal of 145. So this MC has definitely motivated me because of the great results I got.

Well on to my next journey......