[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Keeping track of my 40 day cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Keeping track of my 40 day cleanse
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:14 am 

I started my own thread to keep track of my cleanse. I'm having interesting challenges since I work nights and my schedule flips when I'm not working back to day. It would be great to hear from others who experience this. But it would be nice to hear from anyone since support and accountability can take you far with this cleanse.

background: I wrote the following on another thread but I wanted to keep track on my own thread of my journey. I'm on day 5 and I will update as daily as possible.

I too want to do a 40 day cleanse. I did the MC one other time in 2007 and lasted 36 days. I felt and looked great. Back then it was easy; I just finished nursing school and had no job was single with no kids. Fast forward 9 years and I have a stressful nightshift nursing job; a husband whom I've adopted bad eating habits (but I still love him) and a 4 and 6 year old who are the to me.

I need this cleanse!! I used to be so active and strong: avid snowboarder, bike messenger downtown San Francisco, gym rat. Now I feel so tired and I've never been this overweight ever!! I want to enjoy my young kids. They both have my and daddy's athletic build and i want to show them what their capable of mentally, physically and spiritually.

I started 10/7 so I'm presently on my 4th day. I'm feeling good right now. I did have headaches the first few days but they are tapering off. I have switched from day to night on this cleanse so far no problem. I now do the tea in the morning go to sleep then do the SWF when I wake up in the afternoon, then I drink about 3 mason jars of lemonade. I'm pretty much routine now. Cravings come and go especially if I have to handle food. Hubby has been a gem and try's to take care of Most of the food for the kids and himself.

I'm happy to say that he is on board and will try the MC for 10 days; this will be his first cleanse! We are staggering start times so we can help each other out during the beginning when symptoms are the worse.

I'm excited to be on this forum and look forward to sharing our cleansing journeys.

A question for any veteran MCs: my teeth have gotten really sensitive. It hurts when I breath in through my mouth! Has this happen to anyone and what have you done to make it better?

Height 5'2"
CW 169 lbs (TOMS came yesterday)
SW 176.8lbs
GW 135lbs
SWF YES
GYM NO

Day 5
CW 170.2 (TOMS)
SW 176.8
GW 135
SWF YES but didn't drink the the tea last night
GYM NO

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

Goals: energy for my young kids and loving husband. I want to do 100 days of the MC within a year. Post MCs I want to adopt an unprocessed way of eating for me and my family.

Post subject: Re: Keeping track of my 40 day cleanse
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:39 am 

Good morning..
Congrats on starting and congrats on day 5 today!!! And having your hubby support is great! That always helps. Hoping that once he completes 10 days he will keep going that will be amazing!

I am currently on day 13. and its been hard last few days but hoping the rest of the week flys by and I can continue to stick with it.. I know my body needs to continue to detox and I know the benefits of the cleanse soooo working hard to get thru this.

Well I haven't experienced any issues with my teeth like your describing but maybe use a straw for a few days and see if that helps. Also read thru the other posts and see if that is a known issue.

Gotta run.. Have a great Lemonade day.
Cheers
Mimi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 am 

Thank you Mimi! I just replied to you on another thread lol!

You have a few days left. Hang in there! What's difficult right now? Food cravings? Headaches? Malaise? Stress? Are u eliminating enough? 13 days is a big accomplishment, and I'm sure there was a lot of good for your body in that time. If you are doing XYZ and you still find it difficult then maybe u are nearing the end of this particular cleanse.

I plan to do a series of cleanses my ultimate goal is 100 days within a year. My cleanses will be between 15-40 days at a time and clean eating in between.

Have a great day happy detoxing!!

Chesca

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

Goals: energy for my young kids and loving husband. I want to do 100 days of the MC within a year. Post MCs I want to adopt an unprocessed way of eating for me and my family.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:23 pm 

Day 8
CW 168.6
SW 176
GW 135

I haven't posted since day 6. No weight change until today. I was on my cycle so wondering if that had something to do with it. Also I thought it might be because I work nights so my sleep schedule flip flops. When I sleep in the day I do SWF when I wake up in the afternoon and same when I sleep at night I wake up to a SWF. Problem is when I sleep 14-16 hours at a time I get confused when to drink laxative tea and SWF.

Sometimes it's hard to get all 6 drinks in per day because I don't have much of an appetite when I'm working at night.

I've been dealing with sensitive teeth and I got sensodyne toothpaste and I brush more often; its not totally gone but way better.

Good to see the scale go down and my current clothes are not as tight.

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:29 am 

Day 15
CW 165.8
SW 176
GW 135
SWF NO
LAXATIVE TEA YES

I'm having strong cravings for all the junk food surrounding me! I was ok a couple of days ago but it's been getting bad recently. I know for sure I must press on during these times. My weightloss is very slow. I attribute it to not drinking enough lemonade. When I'm on the Nightshift I only drink 3-5 8 oz of the master cleanse. When that happens I notice my TOXIC BM's are way less. (Sorry If TMI) Next goal is to drink at least 6+ of 8 oz. master cleanse.

I also started taking oregano essential oil in a capsule. I read that oregano may help with candida overgrowth. Symptoms of candida overgrowth included brain fog and fatigue, so I wanted to enhance my cleanse with oregano.

Lastly I have noticed an increase in sex drive!! Awesome right!!! well my husband thinks so LOL!! Hubby has not started his cleanse yet he thinks he will start after Halloween or when he has a long weekend so he can lay low during the initial detox phase.

Happy detoxing

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am 

Day 16 of 40

Ht: 5' 2"
CW 164
SW 176
GW 135

Wow finally the scale moves!! Almost 2lbs loss after deciding to make sure I drink adequate amount of the master cleanse. Yesterday i drank 3 mason jars; and that will be my minimum goal for now on. One mason jar has about 4-6 Tbls of lemon juice and maple syrup and about half tsp cayenne.

Yesterday I ingested about 7 drops of oregano essential (doterra) in a capsule. I think that was too much at one time. My stomach felt hot and I felt like crap; until I took a crap then I felt relieved. Every time I eliminate I feel like I'm detoxing, so that extra elimination after the oregano was good, but still I think it was too much at one time. I think I will do just 3 drops/capsule with each mason jar of master cleanse.

-—--------------------------------—-----—-----——————

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:30 pm 

Hi Franchesca! I just wanted to pop in and say hello! I'm mostly posting on the "May's 50 day" board. I'm Tammy, here's where I'm at with the cleanse:

Day 21
SW: 1742.
CW: 156.4

Yay for the scale moving for you!!! I hate it when it gets stuck. I have noticed that it definitely gets stuck more when I don't drink enough of the lemonade. I hope your junk food cravings are getting better. That's awesome about the sex drive, too! There's one way to get your hubby's support! haha!

Happy cleansing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:22 am 

Hi Tammy! You look like you are progressing nicely!! We kinda started out the same, and it must be nice to be in the 150's! I've been stuck in the 160's for what it seems like forever!! I have a few ideas why my progress is so slow or even stalled.

First my stats

Day 19
CW 164.2
SW 176

My weight has not moved since the last weigh in. I have been drinking at least 3 mason jars of the MC. I even drink it when I'm not hungry.

My stall may be from my hours I sleep. Sometimes when I get off work at 715am I don't go directly to sleep. Some days I have to drop and pick up the kids from school. My son goes to school at 8 and my daughter goes to school at 10. After, I pick up my daughter at 1pm and my son at 3pm. If I'm lucky I get a couple hours of sleep before I go to work at 10:45pm. I may only get 3hrs of sleep in a 24hr span of time. My schedule is work 2-3 nights then off for 2. I'm constantly flipping my sleep schedule from day to night. Maybe that's why I get an 11 dollar differential to work nights; because working nights is bad for your health!! I just started this shift so maybe I still need to iron the kinks.

Also I find my mouth really dry. Maybe my weight stall has something to do with being dehydrated.

So sleep patterns and dehydration may be the culprit of my slow weight loss. I will have to work it out somehow or I may not make 40 days. Weightloss is a big motivator and if that's not happening so might not this cleanse for 40 days.

The one thing that keeps me going is that I recently started breaking out so I feel there is more detoxing going on right now so can't stop now :)

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:11 pm 

Hi Franchesca!

Oh yikes, that sounds like a nightmare for sleep. I don't know how you do it! That could definitely have an effect, though. You mentioned mason jars of the lemonade and being dehydrated. I know you didn't ask for advice, but just a couple of thoughts, thinking out loud.... I wonder if you might actually be having too much of the lemonade and not enough water to balance it? We're about the same size and I try for 8 lemonades a day, which would be about 64 oz, so two mason jars. Three would be about 12 servings of the lemonade. That being said, though, you're awake for a LOT more hours than I am! And then if you're doing the approach of drinking it throughout the day, are you getting in enough plain water also? I know some who sip it throughout the day struggle with drinking water. These things might not apply, just a few thoughts.

I'll share how I'm doing it, not that I'm implying it's the "right" way, just idea sharing since it's working.... I do individual lemonades, every two hours and drink the whole thing all at once. I had read that the lemons start losing their enzymes right away, especially when pre-mixed with the water. I also don't like that the cayenne gets stronger after it's mixed. I'm a spice wuss! haha! When I go to work, I know I'll need to have 5, so I squeeze the lemons and mix that with the maple syrup to make a concentrate. I put that in a thermos. The maple syrup and light-blocking container apparently help keep the lemon enzymes a little more intact. Then at work, when it's time for a "feeding" I mix just shy of 1/4 c of the concentrate with enough water to make 8 oz, then add my cayenne, shake it up and drink it all at once. Then my goal is to drink a full glass of water in between each feeding. I'm not doing the SWF this time. Instead I'm doing the smooth move tea in the morning and at night and I find that seems to give me good eliminations that are at least controllable. I will say, though, that my mouth is often dry as well, so I think that might just be a normal part of the cleanse.

All of that being said, I definitely understand wanting to see some weight come off! But 12lbs is awesome! Keep the faith, you're doing GREAT!

I wish you sleep. ZZZZzzzzzzz :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 am 

Tammy!! Thank you for the advice it's very appreciated! I will definitely apply it to what I'm doing. I'm so loyal to the salt water flushes but I think I'm going to hang that up to dry for a while and just do the smooth move tea. Thank goodness cause the SWF does put a damper on spontaneous sex we want/need LOL! Gosh I wish I made this decision before this mornings SWF!!

Goal: make concentrate, drink 8oz every 2 hrs, water in between.

I will post any results in a few days :)

Again thank you Tammy for you your encouragement and advice. I was going to end my cleanse today but I think I will give another week. I've been reading a book called "unprocessed" by chef AJ. I'm so ready to eat a clean vegan/vegetarian diet of whole foods. I was reading some recipes that were making me miss food. I Think drinking the lemonade every two hours should allow me to take it 10 days at a time :)

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:16 pm 

Heya, just poking in. I'm on a 30 day cleanse right now. We kind of have the same goals. I needed back my energy for my kids (3). My goal weight till my birthday is 130lbs. So far I've lost 14bs in 12 days. I'm really just looking forward to being able to wear my clothes again and never eat like I am "eating for two" again! That includes back to healthy eating. I am hoping I can squeeze by my birthday and continue the cleanse till mid December. Most likely will need to stop and then start the cleanse again after my birthday. Too many family pressures.

Good luck to you and your 40 day cleanse! I've only done a 14 day cleanse so I'll be super excited if I even get to 20 days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:48 pm 

Day 23 of 40

CW 159 yeay I'm finally in the 150's
SW 176
GW 135

I've been implementing Tammy's advice of drinking 8oz of MC every 2hrs and NOT doing SWF EVERY DAY! I did this cleanse about 10 years ago and don't remember doing 32oz of SWF. I remember only doing 2 cups of water to 1tsp of salt. Hmmmm maybe if I DO the SWF I will only drink half. So yeah I'm dropping a Lil bit every day and a lil bit more freedom from the toilet.

I'm committed to day 30. I'm starting to cook clean foods for my family and that is getting tough; but like I keep convincing myself....I'm committed to day 30!!

Thanks again Tammy!!

Yuri happy birthday cleansing!! I highly recommend reading "unprocessed" by chef AJ. She makes clean eating very doable!!

Franchesca

Height 5'2"
GW 135lbs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:57 pm 

Chesca, you are doing great. May I join you for a few days? I am thinking of only taking lemonade with either maple syrup or black-strap molasses, without doing salt water or cleansing tea. I never really did master cleanse successfully before. I tried salt water and cleansing tea and did not like them. I just picked up a bottle of grade B maple syrup.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:57 am 

Hey Chesca,
I'll look up the book. The problem is that everyone else around me doesn't care to eat healthy.

I have a question. I read in one of your entries that your weight got stuck. I'm on 3 days of my weight being stuck at 150lbs. I'm on day 16. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Will my weight start dropping again? I'm losing my motivation ><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 pm 

Day 29 of 60 (or until my tongue turns pink - I'm in it for the detox!)

SW: 174.2
CW: 153.2

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Great to see some activity and support here. I can't imagine having to do this with a family eating normal food and especially cooking for them. You all deserve medals of honor for that! I live alone (with my turtle) so I don't have to be around those temptations.

Chesca~ YAY that you broke the small plateau! Sometimes we just have to mix things up a little. You're doing awesome! Love the idea of taking it 10 days at a time. I've also been looking up some clean eating info and recipes so that I can eat better when I'm done with the cleanse. I don't want this to all be a waste. A website that I found that has TONS of great looking recipes is "don't waste the crumbs" Her main menu planning motivation is around feeding a family on a budget. But her recipes include real food. I'll check out the book you mentioned as well.

Yuri~ Hello! And happy upcoming birthday! There are lots of reasons that the scale might not move for a few days. It's totally normal, in fact mine has been at the same spot for 4 days. Remember that while the weight loss is an amazing side effect, the cleanse is really a detox. The process of releasing and eliminating toxins can be cyclical. So I just remind myself that right now, my body must be busy releasing the toxins and it's not eliminating them at the same pace. It always catches up. That being said, if you want to post how you're doing the cleanse, we could see if we have any ideas. :)

Coolrain~ Hello! And welcome! Please be very careful of doing the lemonade without either the SWF or the smooth move tea. The lemonade will only release the toxins, but doesn't provide a method to eliminate them. That can be somewhat dangerous from a health perspective. I totally feel the same way, I don't like the SWF or the tea either, but I've learned to tolerate the tea. It's really one or the other and for me the SWF is way worse and takes soooo much time. I won't lie, not having to drink it is something I'm looking forward to after my cleanse! :wink:

All right all, we're almost halfway through the week! Happy cleansing!!!