Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Birdy's Winter Cleanse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 am 

I'm starting a 10-day cleanse tomorrow, January 1. Is anybody else starting a New Year's cleanse??

I've decided to devote the ENTIRE month of January to getting healthy. The WHOLE MONTH. I will begin with the 10-day Master Cleanse. Then I will ease out with vegetable soup for a few days. Then my plan is to complete the month with a very strict 20-carb/day Keto Diet.

I'm also adding in EXERCISE of some form every single day. And NO ALCOHOL. And NO CAFFEINE. And NO DIET SODA. For the whole month. (I'm very curious to see which one of them will be the hardest to give up?)

I'm spending this morning getting everything ready to go for tomorrow. I've gathered up my Master Cleanse supplies. I've been stockpiling motivational quotes on a Pinterest page, which always jump starts my mornings and makes me happy. I put my rock jars here by the computer. (One says "Pounds to lose", and the other says "Pounds Lost".)

I got a few gift cards for Christmas. One for Bed Bath & Beyond, one for Kohl's and one for Patagonia. I think I will use one gift card per week as a "reward" if I do well.

Whew… This will be a very difficult January I think. But interesting for sure!! I'm actually looking forward to starting tomorrow!! I'll post my weight and goal then.

Birdy

Post subject: Re: Birdy's Winter Cleanse
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:26 am 

DAY ONE

Well… the SWF is still as disgusting as I remember. I hate it so much.

I feel a little blurry/fuzzy headed; maybe it's the lack of caffeine. I'm sitting here with my 4th glass of water waiting for the flush to kick in.

Well, I'm starting this journey at 136 pounds. Since I'm devoting the entire month of January to getting my health back, I don't think it's out of the question to set my goal weight at 120-125. I think that's a reasonable and achievable goal.

Since I don't have much to report because I only started the cleanse a couple hours ago, this post will be short and sweet.

Today's quote: "You don't get what you wish for. You get what you work for."

SW: 136
CW: 136
GW: 120

Happy Cleansing Everybody!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:26 am 

I started today and am happy to partner with you for these next 10-days. I am strictly protocol (Stanley Burroughs) and I've also found Tom Woloshyn's book to be quite helpful. I struggle with the SWF but do it at least 3 times during the cleanse. The mornings I don't do the SWF I do a laxative tea. This is my 8th cleanse however, I haven't done it in about 3 years. I ALWAYS struggle these first 3 days, wanting to quit every second of every day.
How are you doing?
Jae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:42 am 

DAY 2

1.1 pound down.

I don't feel good at all this morning. I've done this cleanse several times in the past, and I've never had such a horrible day 2. I have a tremendous headache, I feel a bit nauseous, and I'm completely wiped out (and I just woke up). I slept 10 hours last night, which is totally unlike me.

Jae, I was so pleased to see somebody else starting with me!! How are you doing so far?? Hopefully you're having a much better Day 2 than I am!! I'm just surprised, because usually Day 3 is the hardest for me, and it's not going well so far. Any advice?

Today's quote: "Fall in love with caring for yourself."

CW: 134.9

Hope you're all doing better than I am!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:45 am 

Hi Birdy! Yesterday was the toughest day 1 ever! I had to keep my head in the game the entire day was a fight. Today, I'm honestly thinking of every excuse not to do the cleanse. So today I am
Struggling too. I tried sending you a message but it didn't go thru.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 am 

Alrighty guys! I'm starting a day early! This is my third cleanse, 3rd consecutive new years in a row. Christmas was rough on the calories and the drinking. Drinking my first lemon drink and will report daily!

Day 1-SW-197.8
Day 2-
Day 3-
Day 4-
Day 5-
Day 6-
Day 7-
Day 8-
Day 9-
Day 10-

Total weight loss-

Last edited by toxictexan on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:50 pm 

Hi Birdie,

I start tonight drinking my SM and I am excited too. Just take it one day at a time and your progress is so amazing. You have me sooo ready to get to it.

Be encouraged and focused....... Yu can do it!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:50 am 

Ya day one was not fun... But it never is. To make matters worse I drank a double batch of smooth move tea and was up multiple times in the night with stomach cramps. Skipped the salt water flush seeing as I had no problem with movements! Probably will do one tomorrow morning. Any who... Here's the results! Fyi birdie are you cool with me joining and posting here? I find it better to consolidate us all than have multiple blogs all over the place
.. Let me know. Good luck today!

Day 1- SW- 197.8
Day 2- 193.8 (-4)
Day 3-
Day 4-
Day 5-
Day 6-
Day 7-
Day 8-
Day 9-
Day 10-

Total weight loss-

Last edited by toxictexan on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 am 

DAY 3

Still feel a big sluggish and have the remainders of a headache, but sooooooo much better today than yesterday. Yesterday was a monster!! Thanks everyone for the comforting words; it really, really helped me push through a horrific day!!

Still only 1.1 pound down, which surprises me because I haven't deviated from the cleanse whatsoever. Oh well, I will trust the cleanse and keep following it faithfully because I know it works. It's probably bloat?

Everyone should read Fluffy's re-post of what your body is going through during each phase of the cleanse. I thought it was very interesting and plan to re-read it every couple days. Thanks, Fluffy!

Jai and ToxicTexan, how you doing??

My exercise for today will be a 1-mile run. I'm keeping the exercise at a minimum because of my energy level and lack of calories, but I still want to do SOMETHING each day.

Today's quote: "It takes 21 days. 21 days of healthy eating and working out, and it will become a habit."

I just have to say that I'm really happy and encouraged and excited about my 3-stage January. This cleanse is such a terrific kick-start to even better things to come.

CW: 134.9

Have a terrific day, everybody!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 am 

Today begins day 3! Pounded my first swf, easier than I remember... Drink it very warm and pretend its broth! Anywho, dropped a pound and a half and feeling good this morning. Little worried about my energy today cause I have to unload a large semi truck of trees at work today... Might bring an extra lemon water or two. Good luck today guys!!

Day 1- SW- 197.8
Day 2- 193.8 (-4)
Day 3-192.2 (-1.6)
Day 4-
Day 5-
Day 6-
Day 7-
Day 8-
Day 9-
Day 10-

Total weight loss-

Last edited by toxictexan on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 am 

DAY 4

Down another pound for a total of 2.8! The weight loss seems slower on this Cleanse than I remember, but I know the plan works, and I will keep going strong.

Still a bit fuzzy-headed, but I know from past experience that will soon fade away. I'm also still holding on to some bloat, and I know that, too, will fade away. I don't think I'm drinking enough water in addition to the juice, so today's plan in to increase my water intake, and I'll see if that helps both with the weight loss and the bloat.

I think that cleansing washes away the good bacteria in your gut, so I always do a probiotic when the cleanse is over to replenish the lost "good stuff". I just ordered a combination probiotic that also has digestive enzymes and some other goodies, so I'll be ready to start that when the time comes.

Today's quote: "A goal without a plan is a wish."

CW: 133.2

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:15 am 

Day4 begins!

Yesterday went by pretty fast with no hiccups. Didn't move around much and the scale showed it but today will be different! That semi I have to unload was delayed till today. Have a great one y'all!

Day 1- SW- 197.8
Day 2- 193.8 (-4)
Day 3-192.2 (-1.6)
Day 4- 192 (-.2)
Day 5-
Day 6-
Day 7-
Day 8-
Day 9-
Day 10-

Total weight loss-

Last edited by toxictexan on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:13 am 

DAY 5

I'm halfway there!!!! Another pound down, for a total of 3.4!

For some reason, I STILL have a headache. It's not a monstrosity, but I'm still taking Tylenol each day. Otherwise, I feel fairly good.

I'm not drinking as much juice as I need to. I've only been drinking 6-7 glasses a day, which I know is not enough. And I can't seem to drink enough water. Today's goal, once again, is to drink, drink, drink!! Maybe that will increase the weight loss?

I've been searching for a good low-carb vegetable soup to ease off with when the time comes. Does anybody have a good recipe?

CW: 132.6 (3.4 lbs down)

Have a great day, everybody!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:37 am 

Yay, Birdy!!

Good on moving toward your goal!

BLemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 am 

Hey, Toxic Texan, that is fabulous progress. Yeah, I, too, have had plateau days and even once or twice a slight GAIN on the scale from one day to the next. But you are doing this thang with bravura!

I am within my ideal weight range already, but it's soooo nice to give the digestive system a rest. Tummy pooched out a bit during Xmas indulgences and I just want my waistline back.

If anyone else is out there reading this, here's my favorite speech about the MC: Remember that the Cleanse is a chance to move out some toxins, lose some addictions to certain types of foods, and give the digestive tract a vay-kay.
THAT SAID,
I have always used it to jumpstart a weight loss diet (I find it virtually impossible to alter one's diet without a cleanse first).
SO MY TIP TO BEGINNERS:
The thing to remember every day of the Cleanse is this: as toxins move out, you FEEL their effects. It can be HELL on some days (typically Day 3 and 7) and these are the days people give up. As long as you understand that those feelings are directly caused by the toxins, you will realize that the Master Cleanse is WORKING, as it should. Soldier on through. Just like cleaning the fridge can be a smelly and arduous task, you don't just give up in the middle of it because it's not fun. That's the MC... a bit arduous and unpleasant at times, but if you keep your eye on the prize, you will make it to Day 10 with a rejuvenated system.

Sorry for the hijack, Birdy!
<3
Bali Lemon