Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 2017 Master Cleanse started 12/27/16
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:29 pm 

Hello to any and all on this forum and Happy New Year! I am currently on day 5 of MC as I was able to get a head start last week. I'm a newbie to this, but look forward to the results if I can make it through this. I'm doing an initial 10 day cleanse, but already had a trip scheduled from January 12-26, so I plan on coming home and starting a much longer cleanse phase. I'm going to do my best to not undo the benefits of my 10 day cleanse, but I'm also realistic about a vacation with friends.
Let me describe a bit of myself, and maybe there will be somebody else out there that either is,has or will be going through this, and might find a common thread that will help themselves or me reach our goals.

I am a 50 year old male. I was an athletic youth and young adult. I'm 5'11", and back in those days I was 180 lbs., if I remember correctly. I don't think I hit the 200 lb mark until my early 30's. Between stresses of business, poor habits, and lack of routine excercise, over the years my weight kept creeping up. I've had some friends that have had some health issues over the last few years, and while visiting one of them in hospital, his doctor said something that has stuck with me. He said " you get the first 50 years for free. If you've made it this far its time to
start paying attention and taking care of yourself ".
I turned 50 recently, and vow to do just that. Last Tuesday I weighed in at 279.4 lbs, the night I drank my first Senna tea.
Today, January 1, 2017 I weighed in at 265. 5 days and almost 15 lbs is pretty incredible, but I'm sure most of it is water. I've gone to an acupuncturist who has brought up some food allergy possibilities, so later this week I will be getting a barrage of bloodwork done. I will share results of that as well.
I'm a private person by nature so this is a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm just hoping it will make the journey easier for myself and for others. I know that I have to protect my environment while I do this. For me that means being a bit reclusive with friends and regular social activities. I'm lucky that I have the freedom to do this privately and control my environment. I'm humbled and purely amazed at people that can do this while cooking 3 meals a day for their family and stick to it.
One thing this has really, really, made me realize, is how much my life has revolved around food and booze. I absolutely LOVE good food paired with good wine. I'm working on the vision of what this looks like in my future, but I've probably had enough of both for more than 1 lifetime. Maybe it's time for different pairings. If anybody has suggestions I'm all ears!
Thanks for all of you out there for your courage, it's helped me start this.
Onward.........