Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 10 Day Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 am 

Hi all,

I'm starting this cleanse as a bit of a last resort... I have done the cleanse a few times previously, the longest for 21 days, but each time found it so hard, especially the first week. So I didn't want to do the cleanse and instead just wanted to eat clean and exercise, but boy is it hard in January when the cold weather just makes me want comfort food. My meals are really healthy, but I can't stop diving for the sugar and junk in between. I've tried so many times over the past few weeks to break the unhealthiness but just can't, and so I'm doing the cleanse to press the reset button on my food habits. I have blogged on here is a few years back when I went 21 days, and it made such a huge difference to my motivation given people around me think I'm nuts doing this cleanse - it was nice to find some support and like minded people on here!

Anyway, I plan on doing it for ten days, which gives me three days afterwards to come off the cleanse slowly and then it's my Bday! Very healthy vegan restaurant already pre-booked! I've been vegetarian for a long time but would love to try and go vegan after the cleanse is over. Will blog daily to document progress. Will monitor weight and record but weight loss is more a goal afterwards than during the cleanse.

Wish me luck!

X

SW: 168 lbs
GW: 147 lbs (target for one month post cleanse weigh in)

Post subject: Re: 10 Day Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 am 

You can do it julesjay19!

You have a community here. Even if we don't always respond to your posts, we are still here!!

I am on day 2 and will start my own blog today.
In my experience, these forums are so important.

Seriously, just take it ONE lemonade at a time. You can't go through tomorrow You can only get through this moment. So just keep getting through each moment as it comes. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 pm 

@thesavage thank you so much for that message! I hope your cleanse is going well - I'm taking your advice of one lemonade at a time and it seems to be working well for now!

Day 1&2

Both days gone much better than expected, I'm not thinking about food as much a I did on previous cleanses. It's more the tiredness and headaches that have bothered me, but both will hopefully pass. Going to do a SWF tomorrow as have a day off work: I work twelve hour shifts in a busy setting and so can't do the SWF on work days, but will fit as many in around the work schedule as possible. Haven't weighed myself today either as there is a big pile of washing on the scales that I don't have the energy to move! But will weigh in tomorrow morning and post the results.

Hope everyone is having a good cleanse!

x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:47 am 

Good work, JulesJay! Good on doing a protracted MC before. You'll succeed on this 10 day thing, I am sure. Smart plan, with the Vegan restaurant booked and everything. Planning and future-thinking is everything on this ordeal.

Day 3 seems to be the average Cleanser's worst day... your body has shifted into toxins-out mode and it can be trying. Very common for people to quit on Day 3. If you want the prize, get through Day 3 with your 6 to 12 lemonades and a lot of water on the side. And you will live to experience all those uplifting days that follow.

Keep on posting.

Bali Lemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm 

Day 3

@BaliLemon, you were right about the third day, it's been a killer! Not because I've massively craved food, but because I just feel so tired and emotional, and have really had to force myself to drink enough of the juice. Thank for the encouragement though, I will keep plodding along and hope I make it to day 10!

I did the SW flush this morning, really glad I waited until I had a day off work because (without going into too much detail!) I thought it was all over within the hour but later in the afternoon the effects returned... Luckily I had just come back from walking the pooches and wasn't out anywhere, but next time I think I will get up as early as possible to give it a good few hours before heading out.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is going strong and well, wishing you all good luck!

xx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:58 am 

Good work, JJ! :D

Yeah, the flush is key. Peter Glickman (who's penned, IMHO, the best books on how to do the MC) has a caveat about being near a toilet for at least an hour after taking the SWF.

Clean out the pipes and keep up the fluids and you will sail right on through!

Blem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am 

Haha thanks BaliLemon, I liked the cleaning the pipes analogy!

Day 4

OK day today, sleeping well today but having really vivid dreams for some reason. A bit grumpy but generally OK, although very cold and the sudden minus temps here are not helping, possibly spent an unhealthy amount of time sat in front of the fire.

No SW flush today but laxative tea drank.

Down four pounds in weight, will try to weigh and record daily from now on.

x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 pm 

Aw, grumpy, eh? I had a cruddy Day 4, this time round. Although it was kidney pain that hit me. Next day I was fine.

You didn't ask, but I do want to urge you to do the SWF every day of the cleanse. Is it because of work schedule? Maybe this holiday weekend it will be easier?

Keep your eye on the prize. You're almost halfway done, right?

Looking forward to your next post,

Blem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:52 pm 

Blem I wish I could do the SWF more often, but I work thirteen hour shifts on a busy ward where I'm lucky to get a quick 5 minute break now and again, rushing to the bathroom several times would not be an option, plus I have this awful scenario in my head of the emergency buzzers going off and me being glued to the toilet!

How many days do you plan on doing the cleanse for? Congratulations on reaching the tenth day!

Day 5

It's been a hard day, haven't really felt overly hungry until now. Had a tiring day at work and usually it's nice to look forward to a nice meal to come home to, but on the positive I think the MC really does highlight when you use food more for comfort than necessity.

I've started to think about my diet post cleanse and gather a few recipes, even decided to upgrade the old food processor to a Magimix as an early Bday present to myself. Looking forward to starting afresh with the diet.

Lost another pound today, working out at a pound a day so far, be nice to keep this pace up.

x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:22 pm 

Day 6

A bit of another blah day, hungry at times but not unbearably so. SWF done tonight, thought a straw would make it easier to take but was just as bad as ever. Hoping once I get past day seven that things pick up for the last few days.

SW: 168
Now: 162

x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:55 am 

Keep at it, Jj! i am so impressed that you are holding down that big job while doing the MC. You drinking LOTs? It's so important to have up to 12 lemonades per day (6 minimum) and augment that with spring water.

Wow, keep it up. You are purifying your system!! Digestive tract undoubtedly saying, "thank you, Boss."

I will go to the end of today (Day 12) or maybe one more (Day 13) before I ease off. Too hard to keep going on this once we hit the road on Saturday.

Luv, Lem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 pm 

For the leamonade I make up a huge batch daily mixed in two litres of water, and try to chug it all throughout the day, which I manage most of the time. Drinking lots of water too, usually another two litres, but I've still felt thirsty at times, maybe thats the problem. Being surrounded my loads of food doesn't help either, but not been half as tempted as I have been in previous cleanses.

Day 7
Much better day, hunger more or less gone and felt fairly energetic. No SWF because of work but will aim for one tomorrow. Tongue still very white, looking forward to reaching day 8. Will weigh in tomorrow.

X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:32 am 

Wow, well, you are past the hump and on the home stretch!

Good on feeling your energy return.

I don't know how you guys do it, who mix the lemonade in the morning and then drink it throughout the day. I find that the heat index of the Cayenne just keeps multiplying and gets ridiculously hot for me. I will mix a few bottles ahead of time for myself, but I always take a shaker of the cayenne with me so I newly add it to the lemonade just before drinking it. Anyway, I am impressed that you can take it that way.

I'm proud of you for sticking with this thing. How's your body looking? Are you weighing yourself? clothes getting more loose? Mood rising?

Give yourself a fist pump and a "yeah, baby!" from me in the mirror!!

Lem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:15 pm 

Day 8

Boy am I glad to be at the end of day eight and almost into my last few days. No hunger during the day, but slight hunger at night and so very tired and achy, although I'm sure that's mostly to do with a pretty rough day at work. On previous cleanses by this time I have felt so energetic and 'clear', but this time around I have to say it's been a struggle, not because I've missed food but because of how I've felt throughout. Saying this, I have a million things going on at the moment between work and house renovations, so probably wasn't the best time to embark on the cleanse but I'm a big believer that there's no time like the present!

Lem.. firstly congratulations on your final day, and again thanks for your blog which has been an amusing and motivating read, although I'm always quite envious of how perky you sound!

I haven't been weighing myself religiously but have been keeping an eye on things, on hindsight I wished I'd taken measurements like yourself rather that rely on the scales. Wanted to make the cleanse more about resetting food habits than loosing weight, but I must say I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror this morning and thought it was all looking pretty good. Going to dig some slimmer me clothes out of the wardrobe tomorrow and see how they're looking.

SWF done today with so effect, although not as successful as previous attempts. Going to do it everyday for the last few days now I have a few days off work.

Current weight as of this morning: 160 lbs

Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:04 am 

Eight pounds down in eight days... cannot ask for anything better than that! YAY on having to dig up your "skinny" clothes. There's no other way to reduce body mass in such a short amount of time, a big part of what I love about the MC.

That, alone, is so important to someone who wants to lose some tonnage. How many times did I go on a diet and feel terrible in the first few days, hit an anguishing plateau, and just give up in pain, self hatred, and humiliation? Too many times; way too many times. The MC is the best way to bridge painlessly onto a new eating regimen.

What are your plans after 10 days, JJ?

For me, I will be eating a lot of veggies, no bread, no refined sugar, and limit my fruits to bananas and apples (and absolutely NO fruit juice). I am a huge fan of Dr Eric Berg's Adrenal diet (see drberg.com) and it is a pretty radical shift away from the SAD (standard American diet), so I am ready to go back onto healthy eating indefinitely. I have an Adrenal weight gain pattern, so for people like me, his plan is for me to eat proteins (fats ok, even cheese) and lots of veggies, mostly raw, but definitely not hingfried, and absolutely no starches. I frickin' love his videos (he's all over YouTube) as well as his book, the 7 Principles of Fat Burning, and I fully credit his program for getting me to shed the menopause weight gain that had me at 150 lbs 3 years ago.

OK, endorsement over. But, JJ, you are probably going to recognize that your body doesn't now crave anything particularly unhealthy, just FOOOOOOOD, and (I know you didn't ask me for advice, but...) you have this golden chance to create a pattern of eating (after easing off the MC) that is healthier for YOU. Because you have probably lost your addictions to whatever you shouldn't have been eating in the first place. That's what happened to me. I was a pasta addict and chocoholic before my first cleanse, and I bridged over to a grain-free diet with minimal sugars, and the fat continued to burn off. I could NEVER have quit pasta cold turkey without a Master Cleanse first.

OK, keep on posting. You're mastering the Master Cleanse in a challenging situation with your job demands and all.

Well done, m'dear.

Lem