Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: I have a question about sleep.....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:05 am 

I have sleep issues. I have complex apnea, which is one of the reasons I'm doing MC. I stop breathing 59 times an hour. I've heard of people with worse, but 59 times an hour can't be good! I haven't slept eight consecutive hours in so many years I can't remember. I got used to sleeping in 3-5 hr blocks, but from what sleep studies proved, even that is not restful. I just got used to living like that, while it slowly started breaking me down. Low energy, trouble concentrating, or focusing on anything turned into a large problem. My weight escalated with low energy (lack of excercise) and poor food choices. That all led to a very sedentary life. I have tried all the usual treatments for apnea....c-pap, v-pap, oral device, and all have ended up worse than apnea itself. I guess I'm closterphobic, because I immediately end up in a panic and feel like I'm drowning. It's bizarre, as I hear so many people say they couldn't live without it, it saved their life, etc..
Now the pulmonologist and ENT have suggested a pretty gnarly surgery of cotterizing my sinus passageways, removing the hangy thing in the back of my throat, removing my tonsils, and a section off the back of my tongue. The reviews say this has a 15% success rate and patients report several negative post op long term side effects.

This brings me to where I am today, going into day 11 on the MC

Since on the cleanse, I have been sleeping deeply for 6 hrs, (with some cooky dreams I might add!) but everybody touts 8 hours is a good night sleep.

My question is:

Is 6 hrs enough? I feel a bit zapped for energy towards 4 or 5, but this may just from being on the cleanse? Maybe I only need 6 hours? I may have never been an eight hour person, but I just can't remember.

Feedback much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: I have a question about sleep.....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 am 

I guess you need to know your body. I generally get 6 hours every night. My window for going to bed between 10:00pm - 10:30pm and I generally get up at 4:30 and always feel refreshed. If I go to bed any earlier I'll wake up around 12:00am If I try to go later I won't be able to fall asleep until 12:00am. It's been like that for years for me. If I do get more than 6 hours of sleep it's because I'm extremely exhausted. I guess you should just listen to your body.

Post subject: Re: I have a question about sleep.....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:43 am 

Thank you Sideal! Yes, I seem to have a good rhythm with 6 hrs of sleep as well. And I'm starting to figure out what listening to my body really means. I think it has been telling me all along what it needs, but I was too busy to hear, if that makes sense. I don't know if that's a proper description, it may be more like I was deaf or speaking another language!