[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Bookw0rm's 34 day MC

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My first MC for 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 pm 

Always great to have a massage!

You're doing splendidly! Way to go bookworm! and I agree about the SWF .... hard to do, but BUTT great results ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 am 

Day 11

no time for weigh in today.

I felt exhausted and couldn't wake myself up. PT was great. I really like her because she heals holistically. While she is an osteopath who does physical therapy, she was interested in me as a whole: emotionally, mentally, physically. It was like a treatment and therapy session in one. She was very supportive about me being on the mc (she asked what my diet is and I dislike lying) and had in fact done it in the past. My arms and neck are aching from the exercises and it sucks. I don't have an ice pack or anything at work so I'll have to just bear it

She was saying that while I take care of my insides with the mc, she will help me maintain my outside. She is encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone and do zumba or yoga in a classroom setting once I'm done with the mc. Lol idk about that but we'll see. I have already made a lot of changes in the last 12 days so maybe I might, who knows. Have I mentioned I'm shy? I really like being a wallflower and going unnoticed (can you tell my innocuous username? lol). My job is well out of my comfort zone but I've stuck by it the last 7yrs. I feel it has helped me grow as a person.

Successfully completed swf last night. Will do another tonight. I only had 2 glasses of the lemonade yesterday. I notice when I drink more it, I see better results on the scale. Bah I will try to do better today. Tbh, if it's between the lemonade and water...I'll always pick the water. Call me crazy but I feel like the cayenne pepper I'm using has started to taste too mild. In the beginning it would burn so now I'm up to almost a teaspoon per drink. Idk if it's better to have cayenne with higher heat unit, or use more.

There's something I haven't talked about at all during the cleanse: feeling cold. I am constantly COLD. I have portable heaters every where lol. Both offices, bedroom, bathroom, living/dining room. I enjoy doing this in the summer because when everyone is boiling, my temp is much lower.

**Disclaimer - this is my account and no reflection of whatever anyone else is doing and not meant to offend. I can only speak about my own journey and experience on the mc. I'm not an expert.**
My mom wants to do the mc because she's seeing all my benefits from it but she wants to "occasionally eat" while on it. lol. The thing is, once you give into 1 thing, you will backslide into old habits. At first it might be just a few almonds, then an apple, then soup and before you know it you're having pizza (true story). I told her she has to commit to it 100%. There isn't room for food...it messes up the fasting process. I've had lots of faltering with starting the mc...caving coz I got hungry because well food is so damn delicious. Full disclosure, this time on the mc I made allowances for myself with supplements during the first few days. In total I took 1 magnesium, 1 msm, 2 iron... but haven't since. I don't know how much of an impact it made but I'm still here on day 12. I recommended mom try green juices for breakfast, replace lunch with a salad, and have something sensible for dinner. If she still wants to do mc in a few weeks, she can try it. The mc is tough. You have to make up your mind to really do this and be really strong. I've failed many times and haven't gotten past day 15. You need support and positivity. You really can't tell anyone negative about it...just a few discouraging words can really break your determination. Find your motivation and let that be your guide. Mine is my health. I refuse to be diabetic. I refuse to yield to sickness and disease. I hold steadfast in my determination. I will not be swayed by food. I take this journey 1 day at a time.

eta -

Emo detox talk
So the friend I mended fences with on the weekend, *he* was the one who discouraged me to stop my mc at day 15 last year. I haven't told him I'm on it. Just that I'm working out and trying to be healthier lol.
The 2nd friend I emailed finally responded last night which I'm happy for. My conscience has quieted itself down thankfully.

Last edited by bookw0rm on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:57 am 

Awww so sorry you do not have an ice pack there to soothe your sore muscles. It would make anyone sore to suddenly have all that activity! She sounds like a wonderful practictioner for you bookworm!

I got that you are shy! I understand! I go to the gym with Mister Squee and I haven't taken a group class in years! It looks kinda fun actually but the schedual would be tough for me to manage. I feel like dancing though so maybe Zoomba (Zumba?) Is in my future. Cross fit is sure 100% NOT cause I am scraed of injury and they are not very careful here with people's bodies. There's a whole culture around each different kind of class. The crossfit people here really push the meaty lifestyle, whey whey whey all the way and protein bars! Ick.

I just had a friend kinda ... trick me into givig her a nice long "be a vegan!" speech a couple months back. Not knowing she had been body snatched by the croosfit empire! hhahaha haven't heard from her since!! Veganism; losing friends for three years and countin!!

I have a cayenne that is a higher heat unit. I switched when the other one felt mild. YMMV ... your mileage may vary!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 pm 

Your PT sounds amazing. I am glad you have the support of someone who understands your vision of health.

You should give Zumba a try...so much fun! Also, you see all sorts of people doing it.

"There's something I haven't talked about at all during the cleanse: feeling cold. I am constantly COLD. I have portable heaters every where lol. Both offices, bedroom, bathroom, living/dining room. I enjoy doing this in the summer because when everyone is boiling, my temp is much lower."

I talked about this in my post yesterday! I always feel cold on the cleanse and this was further exacerbated when I got sick. If I am honest, as a vegetarian, I feel colder than I did when I ate meat. I've been a vegetarian for ten years, so it's obviously not enough to force me to resume eating meat, but I was talking to a friend who is a biologist and he said that the type of metabolism the body undergoes to break down meat doesn't happen for those who follow a plant based diet, which is why they are often colder. He also suggested that historically, even in hunter gather societies, that the seasons and climate often dictated how groups ate and that it was uncommon to find vegetarian societies this far north of the equator. He argued that societies living closer to the equator were much more likely to be vegetarian because plant food was more abundant year around there and the body needed less to maintain it's temperature which he argues is strictly controlled by the body. Definitely something to think about and definitely explains our experiences.

I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow in terms of energy.

THANK YOU for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:34 am 

Day 13 (short entry. rushing to get to work)

182.8lbs (yay finally down a few)

Still feeling very exhausted when I wake up in the mornings. I haven't been drinking more than 2 lemonades per day, that could be why. It just doesn't appeal. I know I keep saying that but it's not any less true lol.

Body wise I need to work on toning overall, especially my butt. I'm a little bummed (lol) that it's so small and less round. Everything will take time so I have to be patient with the process.

@mcmastercleanse & @abbey - thank you for the continuous support :oops: It *does* help!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:52 am 

Bookworm, keep going! If you want to tone your butt then I suggest the Brazilian butt exercises. They're a lot of work but you can do them at home. I personally don't do them myself but one of my friends did and she was very happy with results. But it's a lot of work to maintain, however, it's also a great way to keep the weight off and it's kind of fun. I think you can find the workouts on Youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 am 

"I haven't been drinking more than 2 lemonades per day, that could be why."

Oh wow...where are you getting your energy to get through the day?!? I drink four in the morning before heading to campus and by 1PM, I'm starving.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:50 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:53 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:56 pm 

Day 13 - part 2 (night) TMI

I upped the salt to 3 tsp tonight because my body absorbs a lot of the swf and oh my gAHH it's effective. I've had around 10, make that 13 eliminations tonight with no end in sight and I'm now having the dreaded fires from hell burninggggggg. I wish I could sit on ice lol. A dab of sweet almond oil is is barely helping to soothe things so the horrorible burning is still there. I dare not do the sm tea tonight... THE WORST part of the mc to date. I've never felt such pain. I'm sure I'll be laughing at this some day. So this is what ripping someone a new a.hole feels like lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:28 am 

Day 14 or something, I've lost count

183.4lbs - wtf after the swf last night, I'd think it would be lower. smdh

Alright it's a new day and the everythinggg...down there feels normal but I will give myself a break to heal after last night. Lol

Yesterday I had two encounters with people that I hadn't seen in years. They both remarked that I looked really good, one noted my weight loss. The other (former co worker) said, "There's such a light about you, you look good, really happy. You look very happy with where you are in life" All very strange to hear but I fully attribute it to the mc. I am happier than I've been in a very long time. I feel good because I am seeing results. It gives me confidence to hold myself up straight when I talk. I am more present in the moment. I stop and smile and talk to co workers whereas before I'd just slink about in my own depression...so lost.

My skin this week has looked better and better. I find that I don't want to wear makeup and when I have, I feel it made me look more tired. Isn't that funny? Today I am absolutely loving my skin. Undereye circles are lighter. There's such a glow and brightness to my skin. It looks refreshed, hydrated and the big pores and small wrinkles are almost nonexistent. If you don't care about your weight but are vain lol, do the mc for the skin benefits. You will look like you've gone back in time. No amount of lotions and potions will have the same results.

Winter is back, or shall I say winter has arrived. It's been a relatively mild winter up until a couple day ago. I seriously need to take out the heavy winter parka for the first time this season. Ridiculous. We should all be cavorting in the sunshine in anticipation of spring. Last year I was still in winter boots and coats mid April. I hope Spring doesn't take long to arrive. It is my favorite season.

Hope your mc is going well :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:19 pm 

Bookworm, I love to hear that you're feeling and looking great! Lots of handclaps for you for your progress and for sticking to it!! Superstar! :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm 

^ you ladies are keeping me accountable on here, thank you :)

Day 15 - woohoo made it through today

181.4lbs

I've never done more than 15 days on the mc, in all the years I've been doing it. I was worried about making it past today but it was relatively easy. I slept in late. Lazed around in bed watching tv. I'm still only having 1-2 glasses of lemonade a day, but tons of water. Exercised for 30 mins on the stepper with light weights and then did an epsom salt footbath. Really uneventful all around. I felt a lot of aches in my right arm, so I suppose healing and detoxing was happening there. My tongue is forever coated white even when I scrape. Smh. Still waking up exhausted but energy is good once I'm fully awake. I'm still fighting food cravings and urges but those urges aren't as loud as my determination to complete his mc successfully. I'm still taking this 1 day at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:11 am 

Day 16

(no time for a weigh in)

Slept badly. The mattress feels uncomfortable. Just last week I was marveling at how comfy the bed was. The only think I can think of is as I'm shrinking, the layers of fat are no longer there to cushion my body? Is that crazy? lol The bed is digging into my back, hips, butt.

Still amazed that my body runs better without food. It defies what we've been brought up to accept. The one thing I took away doing the mc my very first time was that the body needs very little food to survive when it's from a good quality source. I didn't drink enough water this weekend, my urine smells funky. Or that could be toxins. Not really sure.

I haven't talked about when I'll be ending the mc. I avoided it because I didn't want to set myself up for failure. I've passed the dreaded 15 day hump. Best case scenario is I end on day 36, and take 4 days to ease back into reg food, just in time for my bday. We'll see what happens.

Idk why but ever since I had my first lemonade this afternoon, my hunger has been insatiable. I guess my body isn't able to be sustained on the 1-2 glasses a day anymore. Something to keep in mind for tomorrow.

I'm watching asmr food vids on my lunch break to ease my hunger pangs. The two channels I really like are jayasmr, and hungrycakes.

part 2

TMI warning

Period from hell finally stopped. Yay. First time in months. But I don't trust it. When you have menorrhagia it can start/stop at any time.

Crazy I'm still eliminating stuff after not eating for 16 days. Nothing solid, weird or interesting. Looks like mucous. Eliminations still burn like the fires of hell. I am buying baby wipes and some Vaseline after work. lmao I have been scared to do the swf ever since Fri. I *have* upped the cayenne pepper sooo that could be why it burns. However I've read other posts and people say it's not the cayenne but "acid" from your body? Whatever the hell it is, it feels BADDDDD.

Part 3
My rebounder came while I was at work. Assembled when I got in and jumped around for 30 minutes total. Had to take breaks coz my body isn't used to working in that way and I became breathless fast. Fun. Looking forward to all the benefits from it...mainly the toning and draining of lymphatic system.
Another great skin day. My makeup didn't budge-no touch ups needed and it looked flawless. Skin is so smooth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next