[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Bookw0rm's 34 day MC

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My first MC for 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:34 am 

Post subject: Re: My first MC for 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm 

I know what you mean about the booty getting smaller. I like being curvy too, makes me feel more feminine, if that makes sense.

It's awesome that you keep going strong. And the trampoline sounds like a lot of fun.

Post subject: Re: Bookw0rm's first MC of 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:46 am 

Day 25

no time for weigh in

Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Another day another lemon. Just chugging water and had only 1 lemonade so far. Eh. Not feeling it.

Jumped on rebounder/mini trampoline last night for about 30 mins until my abs were hurting. I usually work out as soon as I get home because the trampoline is just fun and I actually look forward to it. Plus it cost $500 so I damn well better use it lol.

Tomorrow is physical therapy for that neck issue. Truly amazed how inflammation in this area has reduced by 95% just by being on the mc. I've been lazy with the exercises she prescribed me because I don't feel pain and don't always remember. This time I have an ice pack in the freezer at work because I know I'll feel pain afterwards.

TMI warning - The sm tea isn't working? Idk what's up with that. No bm in a couple of days. Going to make a cup of tea now (still 5hrs of work left to go)

Still amazed by me continuing to shrink. I spent some time on Monday trying on older clothes and it was fun. I still have some ways to go, to fit into that birthday dress. I mean it fits but my tummy and love handles aren't as flat as it can be and the chest is still snug. The funny thing is that dress is a 1x. Wtf lol it's definitely on the smaller side of 1x. My tee shirts are all fitting too loosely now. They look like pjs. I need to shrink my jeans in the dryer because they look saggy around the legs/butt area. I generally have slimmer legs and gain weight up top.

Still feeling exhausted when I wake up in the mornings. I slept like a rock last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 am 

Day 26

173.4lbs

The sm tea last night made me super nauseous. Still felt the same way when I awoke. Once the effects of the tea wore off the nausea eased up a bit. Been chugging a lot of water to help hydrate. Eliminations are mucous. Nothing interesting.

Didn't work out last night. Came home and napped. Felt tired.

Slept poorly so feeling tired yet again.

Just because I'm on day 26 doesn't mean this cleanse is becoming any easier. I still fight cravings and automatic urges to put food in my mouth. I'm becoming impatient to end the fast. There's a patch of rough dry itchy skin on my back that is taking a long time to heal. I want that to go away. Tongue is still heavily coated in white. That white is really hard to even scrape off. Will try to oil pull more often.

eta - I think it's just down to me on this site now. Even if I'm all alone here I'll keep going for as long as I can. 10 more days if I can make it. I find writing on here daily helps.

I am not sure what to do with myself after this mc, diet wise. I need to keep losing weight and getting healthier. I want to be in the 120s so still 50lbs to go. I will keep on working out. PT wants me to do dance class...lol Idk if I want to but I'm feeling less "ugly and fat" so I might just say eh fck it and try. As you get older you give less fcks and embarrassment isn't something you worry too much about. I am still shy though.

I might try to do raw, or juices/smoothies. I am dying to taste cooked food but will ease off carbs, dairy, sweets.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm 

Bookworm, it is so awesome that you keep going! It's so good for you. Since you're looking for a diet that helps afterwards, I have one recommendation that worked for me to not gain any additional weight after the MC for over 7 months.

I was on the Wild Diet by Abel James (book available on Amazon), it's like a more advanced Paleo diet and I wouldn't call it a diet as much as a food lifestyle that's very healthy and delicious. I eat meat so it was easy for me. I think it's tougher if you're a vegetarian - I'm not sure if you are or not - but he does provide an option for vegetarians.

I am going back on it once I'm done with my MC phase out. I like it because you are allowed a cheat day once a week :D and it teaches you how to eat a delicious meal guilt free. The book includes recipes.

I started to gain weight after 7 months of being on it, right around December - I guess I wasn't following it as well as I should have and due to an injury I wasn't working out as much. But to keep off the weight for 7 months after an MC is a pretty awesome accomplishment (I even lost additional weight - I was also working out on a regular basis), especially since in all the past MC's that I've completed, even when working out a lot, I gained back half the weight that I lost after I finished the cleanse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 am 

Last edited by bookw0rm on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 am 

Day 27 (woohoo almost done)

173.8lbs

Had PT this morning. First thing she said when I walked in was how great I looked. She noticed changes in my body: slimmer legs, face, neck, tummy. I love the energy she has. She's very supportive and encouraging. She commended me for sticking with the mc and said that I've inspired her to give it a go as well. lol. My body felt very loose and relaxed after our session.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:35 pm 

You're doing an awesome job! Not much longer now, I know u can do it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:54 am 

Thank you ^ :)

Day 28

173lbs = 23.8lbs lost

I've been having lots of sharp stabbing tummy pains due to eating inconsistently. Some hot mint tea helped. Nothing else to really say.

Part 2 (later that night) - rough patch of skin on my back is softening up finally. It's still not fully healed like the patch by my temple. I'm so self conscious of it and that's 1 reason I haven't had a massage in a few years. Lol I want to do a spa day for my bday so I guess I have to keep on going.

Bah I feel myself becoming impatient to eat. I honestly just want to feel "fully and satisfied" from food. I'm so sick to death of being hungry all the time. The feeling hungry thing is my fault because I avoid the lemonade. I'm sick of drinking it and just drink mostly water.

I haven't been adding much cayenne because it's been tasting super spicy and I've been getting bad heartburn. Haven't done the swf since that terrible episode a couple weeks ago. That area is still sore. I've been lazy with the tea too. Some days I skip it. Yes I know it's not how the mc should be blah blah. I'm only human and I couldn't bear the pain. I loathe the swf but believe it's really necessary so once things are healed up I'm back on it.

Haven't exercised in two days. Just been feeling lazy. Ugh can't wait to eat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:12 am 

Day 29

171.8lbs = 25lbs lost

Another day another lemon. I am feeling less bummed since I slept solidly. The cleanse is hardest at night for me. That's when I'd eat my junk and have my biggest meals. Napped for a few hours after the sm tea woke me up. Felt really exhausted and wanted to keep sleeping but I had to pop into work to finish up a few things.

The sun is out and weather is mild like a Spring day - it's brightened up my mood considerably. OMG I am nearly done. Woohoo. If I last, I will start easing out this week or next weekend.

They made sandwiches and omg the bread smells so good I could die. I really hope that skin rash thing on my back is gone. I really want to have my spa day!

Last night I felt really bloated but today my tummy looks a lot flatter.

I still drink sodium free, unflavored, fizz water here and there as a treat. Idc what anyone says. It hasn't harmed my progress and it is a delightful treat. Drinking this lemonade really sucks sometimes (well a lot of the times...okay, most times).

lol You can tell how desperate I am to eat but at the same time I'm proud I've gone this long. I'm not going to sugar coat my entries to pretend it's all good and I'm always happy because that's not real life.

My body doesn't ache as much from Physio, so I am going to exercise later :)

As much as I'm fed up and as much as I am complaining, I think I would have kept going if my bday wasn't in a couple of weeks. I want to see how crazy I go once I'm off the cleanse and how I'll regulate my eating and if there is any weight loss during April - I will be away for 11 days during the month. I've ordered a couple of raw food books to help with planning and eating ideas. I want to resume the mc in May. I still have a long way to go. My idea weight is in the 120s. I will be working out and I know muscle weighs more so I will mostly be going my the fit of clothes, how I feel and bmi, than the scale. (I am 5'1 btw)

Highlights
The top I'm wearing used to be snug, and now looks really loose like a tunic (lol)
My tummy gets flatter every day
Learning to accept my new smaller butt (lol) - at least it's still shapely
Mental clarity and energy are so much better than before mc. I rarely feel sluggish. If I am tired it is because I am not having enough lemonade. (I have adrenal fatigue and anemia so I was constantly tired)
When I try sitting up my tummy is no longer in the way. I seriously used to feel so huge and bloated.
I feel lighter overall when I'm carrying myself.
Aches and pains have dissipated by about 95%
OMG my skin...I still cannot get over how bright it looks. Pores are smaller. Fine lines and wrinkles have softened. I look younger. I don't look so tired anymore. Putting on makeup is a dream. I wear only mineral now, and I need very minimal amount - it lasts all day. I do still need concealer but not as much as before.
My hair looks and feels a lot thicker - is that even possible?

Really and truly if you've never done the mc before, or haven't been able to stick it out...it's only 1 month+ of your life. In 29 days I've lost 25lbs! It took me about 5 years to gain all this weight and in less than a month I've lost it. It's been so freaking hard but man it's worth it. What's the saying? If you do what you've always done, you'll still have the same results?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm 

Bookworm, that's a major accomplishment. I'm very excited for you. I enjoyed reading your highlights. You are soooo close to the finish line!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:56 am 

Thanks Halyna! :D I was happy to see you post so I could read your update! You've been such a big supporter and it truly means a lot to me <3

Day 30 - omg woohoo

171.2lbs

Slept like a rock and couldn't wake up today. Felt shaky, weak, hungry once awake but it quickly passed especially after I had water. I am apparently pre-diabetic and this was how I felt prior to the mc when I'd wake up - ravenous, shaky, weak. I have been making my lemonades with less maple syrup than lemon juice. I want to do blood work once the mc is done to see where I am at.

TMI - still cray I'm eliminating stuff after not eating for 30days. Amazing. I can't imagine how it is for people who never clean their insides.

Mouth feels smelly/stinky despite me brushing and scraping an hr ago. (I've only had water so far). Tongue coating has finally starting to lessen.

I've been looking up recipes for the soup to do the ease out. I know there's the original but I also see other variations including raw soups. I will decided which way I'll go when I see how my body reacts to the orange juice.

I am wearing another top and pants I bought in 2013? but was never able to fit into. It was just too cute to give away. I look...slim. I can see noticeable results all around, but especially in the stomach area. Man I really wish I did before pics to show the results...I was too ashamed and couldn't bear it. My tummy still has a long way to go but I don't look 9mths preg anymore. I can hide it in looser fitting tops.
Hilarious comment - all my undies are so loose especially around the legs lol they look like baggy booty shorts. I can't believe how much my lower half has shrunk. I will have to go shopping soon.

I was worried about saggy, hanging skin when I started this mc journey but so far my skin is shrinking as I shrink. I had to adjust my thinking - I rather be healthy with saggy skin than overweight and unhealthy.

Every time I want to quit, I think about how shitty I'd feel if I caved and ate (because I've failed at mc and diets so many times before), and I think about my health and how important it is for me to heal my issues. Then I put myself to bed because quite often those are the times I'm hungry and tired so I'm cranky. I force myself to have the lemonade and then I just sleep...I always wake up feeling much better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 am 

Day 31

171.2lbs - same as yesterday = 25.6lbs lost

Hoping I hit the 160s before I end off this week. Jumped around on the trampoline yesterday. Surprisingly, my legs and lungs felt stronger. Just a few more days to go!

part 2
Funny little comment/observation:
So I was on my 2hr commute home from work during rush hour. Usually I stay in my office until after rush hour is over so I can get a seat on the train and don't have to stand in my uncomfortable heels. Anyway, I wanted to gtho of the office on time so it meant that people were packed into the train like sardines. When a seat was finally vacated, I plopped down gratefully. It wasn't single and there were people sat on either side of me. For the first time in...forever I could comfortable sit in the seat without feeling fat or squashed. I didn't have to hunch myself together to fit. OMG It was such a nice feeling! (my lower body used to fit fine in the seats but my upper body is bigger and there was never enough room for my dang arms.) Just one of those funny observations.
Here's another - my winter coat feels loose. hehe :D

Last edited by bookw0rm on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 pm 

Good job Bookw0rm! I'm so proud of you. You really inspired me to go the distance! I didn't know you were actively Cleansing too! Wow! I look forward to following the end of your journey!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next