[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Bookw0rm's 34 day MC

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Bookw0rm's 34 day MC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:31 am 

I'll admit I'm somewhat embarrassed. I considered making a new username but ultimately decided to own my sh*t.

I successfully did the MC last Apr for 15 days. That's nothing to be embarrassed about right? Well I had intended to go for 21 or 40 but caved. I talked a big talk about wanting to do this for my health etc but I was so embarrassed of my failure that I never logged back on here again until yesterday. Instead of beating myself up over my failure I've decided that I am going to be proud that I accomplished 15 days because the master cleanse is tough. It's really mind and willpower over desire/cravings.

The April 2016 MC was a walk in the park for days 1-7. Day 8 is when my constant food thoughts emerged and the uphill battle began. In the past MC were always hard right from the start. I realized my motivating factor to accomplish this successfully is what makes the difference.

This time my health has brought me back. I am heavier than I was last Apr. I am closer to 200lbs. I did blood work and my 12hr fasting glucose level is 6.0 which is prediabetic. I have anemia due to 3 years of menorrhagia which I've ignored because I stupidly was too afraid of what they would find. I kept hoping the menorrhagia would end on it's own. My white blood cell count is high and I am worried it could mean cancer (I should stop googling stuff). My wbc count has been high the last few years I've done blood work but my family dr is unaware - I did them at the hospital and I don't think she made the connection. It could be because of other infection in my body or maybe I'm just fighting of something right now.

Well the glucose results + wbc count lit a fire under my a$$. I do not want to end up sick, medicated or in surgery. I do not want to end up like my dad. His unmanaged diabetes lead to so many awful consequences including, strokes, coma, kidney failure and being put on dialysis, bilateral amputation and blood infection which ultimately killed him.

Taking care of him, watching him suffer and always waiting for bad news really messed up my health and I was drained. I developed bad anxiety and have since suffered panic attacks. I have adrenal fatigue and I am constantly exhausted and ofc the anemia doesn't help.

I have constant stress from work. I hate my job but mostly I hate that I go to work daily and feel like shit. I have aches and pains constantly. I found out I have neck arthritis and it causes daily head/shoulder/neck aches.

So here we are again in 2017. I found the drive and motivation to do this mc. I aim for as long as or longer than I did before. I journal here as a way to stay accountable to myself.

tl;dr - I am close to 200lbs (fat mainly around midsection), prediabetic, menorrhagia off and on since 2013, anemic, high wbc count, prone to anxiety/panic attacks, constantly achy - neck/head/shoulders/wrists, acid reflux, bad migraines, adrenal fatigue, tongue fissures, dermatitis, skin tags, darkening around neck (sign of hormone imbalance).

Day 1 - woke up feeling great with hardly any pains or aches. That's rare for me. The sm tea has me bolting out of bed. I then went downstairs and chugged the swf. I noticed it's easier to down it if it's closer to room temperature. In the past I used to do warm/hot water. Within 15 mins I was already bolting to the bathroom.

I will update about the rest of day 1 later. I recall from last time my lips were super dry and chapped from the lemon juice. Will try to keep them moisturized. My acid reflux hated the acid and spice but I'll try my best to endure it.
I noticed that if the cayenne pepper sits in the juice for a while it tastes spicier and is harder to stomach. If I add it fresh and down it immediately it's easier to take. In years gone I used to make the drink (cayenne pepper and all) and take it to work and hated how spicy it would taste. Now I just take a small amount around with me and add before I drink.

day 1 - 196.8

ps - if you're new to the mc, pls check out this thread first

Last edited by bookw0rm on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My first MC for 2017
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:33 am 

I am really proud of you reading this post. You are already facing so many unpleasant and scary realities right in the face. Looking Fear in the eyes and making a plan is so key to regaining health! I have nothing but good things to say about the Master Cleanse. I think it deeply heals us. On so many levels. Emotional detox, healing depression and anxiety. Reattaching our bodies to the spirit.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. All of us are just humans living in a hugely toxic world. It does help to not have to walk around in horrific pain. And Master Cleanse takes us out of that cycle! The neck and head pain drains away as we detoxify. The aches vanish. We actually start to get deep healing sleep.

I'm probably going to be here even after I finish the cleanse I am doing now, because I feel that the aftercare is something I failed! Like full on belly flop into the pool of FAIL. hahaa I mean you have to laugh to keep from crying! So I will be here to support you my little Bookworm, the finest creature of all! I love books.

And my Father died with Diabetes too. Pancreatic cancer, uncontrolled diabetes. He never stopped eating and drinking like it was the Last Days of Rome and he was the Emperor. I loved him, but man he was so screwed up and he really taught me so many horrible habits that I have had to unlearn.

So I know how you feel.

It's going to get better every day.

And I agree about the drink. I am on Day 26 and I make it fresh and sprinkle in the cayenne last and drink it fast without even thinking. It helps!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am 

I'm so excited you are blogging about your journey and that I get to follow/commiserate/celebrate with you.

I am so impressed with your honesty and your willingness to own your shit. This isn't my first MC either and I had an account on this site back in the day. Unfortunately, the e-mail that it was tied to no longer exists (lost in a purging phase) but I will find the thread and put it in my blog post for this evening. Thank you for inspiring me to accept myself and all my failures!

Diabetes killed both of my grandmothers (one of my grandmother had to have both of her legs amputated before she died) and my father has been on insulin for years. I didn't have blood work done but at my current weight, I know it wouldn't be good. Thank you for putting yourself and this information out there. I am definitely a northeastern gal but my family is from the South and food has always held a special place in our culture. It is going to be journey learning or relearning how to eat and I'm glad to not be doing it alone.

...and everything Abbey said. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:58 pm 

End of Day 1

Today was simply glorious. It is unseasonably warm for being mid February here in Canada. The sun was out in all its glory. I had a couple of glasses of lemonade after swf and decided to get out and enjoy the sun. Okay well that's a half truth. I play pokemon go (lol) and there was an onyx nearby which I didn't yet have so it motivated me to get off my butt. I grabbed my parka, warm scarf and pulled on some boots. I walked around for 45 minutes.

Last year during day 7 of my mc I tripped and fell at work. I injured many areas of my body (neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, hip, knee, ankle) and the aches still plague me. Pair that up with adrenal fatigue, constant anxiety which leaves me out of breath, very low iron = walking is difficult. For me to walk 45 minutes, pausing here and there for the occasional pokemon, well that's truly amazing. The air was still rather brisk but I soaked in all that vitamin d and inhaled deeply, filling my lungs. It was such a beautiful day to be out. My ex bf likened me to a sunflower. The sun truly perks up my mood. I can be sitting inside my windowless office and just "feel" it in my bones when the sun is out and shining brightly.

My energy was pretty high and mood was good for most of the day. I did have food cravings. I wanted instant mashed potatoes on toast with cheese. I've never eaten that combo in my life. I kept my mind busy with reading, meditational music, chatting with people. I exercised for a tiny bit on a stepper machine I have. I didn't overdo it. Just enough to get my blood flowing when I started to feel cold.

I am now sat here with my last lemonade of the day and my sm tea is steeping. I hit a real low emotionally for the first time today. I've battled depression all my life and I'm feeling really blah about emotions I've been suppressing for the past couple years (losing people: friendships, relationships, dad). I'm worried about my upcoming tv ultrasound and what the results may be. I am very physically exhausted and should have hit the sack a while ago. I have trouble getting my mind to unwind.

Last night I fell asleep immediately because I was excited to do the mc again. In my attempt at reprogramming my mind to focus more on positives I decided to list all the things I was grateful for in life and fell asleep doing it (lol) I slept very soundly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:43 am 

day 2 -

193.2 lbs

It was well after 2am when I went to bed. I awoke around 9am and thought that it was odd I wasn't feeling the effects of the sm tea. I sat up and felt stiffness and pain like fire around my neck, head, shoulders. I did some gentle stretches and then felt that sm tea lol. My mood is a lot better than last night. Not feeling so down. I think I over exhausted myself and my mind and emotions were all over the place.

I am sat waiting for the kettle so I can make the swf. It's a public holiday here in Canada. Idk what my plans are. Maybe some gaming. I would like to take another stroll outside around midday. I want to try and enjoy the outdoors and give my body a chance to produce natural vitamin d. I was really surprised at how much yesterday's walk did for my mood and spirits.

Yesterday when my brother was here and making himself something to eat, I counted at least 3 times when I found myself wanting to eat what he had because I'd forgotten about the mc. He was grilling fries. I love potatoes. It's second to rice though.

Call me crazy but I can already feel my skin texture is different after just 1 day. My arms and shoulders feel smooth and firmer. Fingers look less swollen and puff. I have a strong love/like for salt all my life going back to age 3-4. I've severely cut my intake the past year but it's still not where it could be.

Motivational quote of the day

Last edited by bookw0rm on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:28 am 

The only thing that helped me with anemia is Floradix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321457920052?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

You can check the reviews on Amazon. I tried so many forms of iron but this stuff worked immediately. First dose brought me back to life!

I'm happy to have a day off too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:36 am 

"If there were no obstacles, there would be no stories to tell." I did the MC some years ago and lost 11 lbs in 10 days, I did a lot of healthy eating, etc and lost up to 30 lbs over the remaining few months. I was estatic... I was close to my goal weight and everyone complimented me on the "new me"... The holidays came and my b'day and splurged on healthy & unhealthy foods. Gained the pounds back, but I'm thankful I was able to catch myself. It hurt that I didn't maintain myself better, and allowed the weight to creep up on me...but my brother once told me "If there were no obstacles, there would be no stories to tell".

The good thing is that you're back and you're giving it another shot. In the end you will have a beautiful story to share. :) Stay encouraged.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:45 pm 

End of day 2

(sorry for those who find my posts are too frequent. I find journaling here to be a good outlet)

Uneventful day all around. I didn't drink my first lemonade until nearly 5pm. Idk why but I just didn't get hungry . I gamed for a bit. I lazed about and read. I got some fresh air and sunshine. I relaxed in bed under the covers. I love days when I am off and have absolutely nothing to do.

The one thing I've noticed today is I am really present in the moment and although I awoke with pains they didn't bog me down like they typically do. I mean, I felt the aches but they weren't screaming. Although I feel some fatigue from the fasting, my energy and mood were normal. Stable. It's odd not to feel like crap and it's odd not to be worried about my health 257x a day.

Weird thing today: I now have a strange painful lump behind my ear where the jaw is. It wasn't there before and didn't feel it until about 30 mins ago. I think that's a swollen lymph node? Usually it due to some sort of infection in the body like sore throat etc. I have been really phlegmy today - runny nose etc

Tomorrow...tomorrow if they can see me, I have the tv ultrasound to do. I will soon find out what's going on inside me that's causing this menorrhagia. I don't want to speculate on what it could be but it is obvious that something isn't right in there. I am tired of it leeching my energy and making me miserable. I want to fix it and I want to take my life back. I want to feel good. I want to feel strong. I want a healthy body. I want to be pain free. I want to enjoy life and live in the moment again instead of drifting from one day to another...like I've done since my dad passed in Jan 2015.

Sorry but here is a connect between him and my health. Life simply held no joy. No purpose. I got sicker and sicker, I stopped caring and my health has suffered.

After the doctor met me on Sat (this weekend) and told me about my blood work, the white blood cell count was bothering me and the "c" word was swirling around in my brain. I ended up watching a video from someone who healed himself from the "c" word with fasting, raw food, etc. What really hit me was when he said, "Do you want to live? Because if you don't that's okay." For the first time in a long time, I said yes to life. Yes, I want to live. Yes I want to be here.

He went on to say, and I paraphrase, "If you do, then you need to commit to this process of healing yourself. You need to accept that you're here because of your own actions. You need to have full faith and belief that you *can* heal yourself. Know that your body created these ("c" word cells)/issues and it can heal itself. This process will take time and commitment. Maybe even years." And well here I am. I am on day 2 and I want to just once and for all heal myself. I am closer to my goal today than I was two days ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:33 am 

Day 3 morning -

191.0 lbs

Awoke around 8am feeling very exhausted. Mouth felt "salty" even though I brushed and tongue scraped before bed. SM tea got me up as per usual. I noticed my knees and legs look slimmer, less puffy. My face looks a bit slimmer and most apparent is my tummy. Where as I'd look 9mths preg lol, there is already some flattening that's happened. The lump behind right ear feels larger. My body feels "light" and I don't have as much tension. My shoulders and neck muscles feel more "loose". I don't ache or huff as I walk. It doesn't take as long for my mind to snap alert when I wake up whereas before, I'd lay in bed 20-30 mins trying to find energy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next