[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - My 40 day MC - 2017

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: My 40 day MC - 2017
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 am 

So tomorrow I'm going to start another MC. I've done several before and the last one was this past September for 10 days. I am really hoping to go 40 days this time, fingers crossed and lots of prayers that I can stay strong and make it.

I need to reset my mind and body. I have been feeling so depressed and blah lately physically and mentally. I have no energy. I have completely stopped working out. I have gained weight. I have been sick non-stop for almost 2 months and I never used to get sick, and the main reason is I had a scare last July when I went for my annual mammo exam and they found a spot and asked me to come back in. That was a little bit of a scare and I went back in and they said they couldn't find anything so not to worry, but that I have very dense breasts which make it hard to see (I'm assuming very dense means very fatty :( ). Well last month I have found a very distinct lump in the same breast so I'm a little worried. I haven't told anyone because I don't want to unnecessarily worry my family and my husband was so scared the last time that I really don't want to worry him either. I am going to go to my GYN in two weeks and she will probably request a new mammo exam. That being said, I have decided to do a 40 day MC (1) to help heal my body of whatever is going on with me, (2) to lose some weight so that my breast tissue isn't so dense and they can find anything that may be wrong, (3) to reset my mind and get feeling good about myself so I can get back in the gym and start living again.

My house has been in chaos with 3 adult kids and a 2 year old grandbaby moving back in so I've been under so much stress lately, plus dealing with the second family member to go through cancer and chemo in 3 years. I'm just exhausted. Good news is 2 of the adult kids and the grandbaby are moving out on March 3. They will still be close but at least in their own house Yaaaayyyy. I love them very much but will enjoy them even more seeing them a little less lol.

So that's it...tomorrow is the big day 1 of 40!!!

Post subject: Re: My 40 day MC - 2017
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:14 am 

Thanks bookworm for the encouraging words. I hope all goes well for you too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:40 am 

Starting Weight: 183.2

Well today is day 1. I'm sitting here at my work computer sipping on a nice hot cup of LA. I love my coffee in the morning so when I do the MC I like to heat up one mug and sip it as if it were coffee. I'm sure it's mental but it feels good to sip on a nice hot cup of LA and it actually tastes good. Breaks up the monotony a bit.

Woke up this morning and I just feel so blah. I have never had depression really but feel just depressed and not really sure why except that I've gained back 30 pounds that I worked so hard to get off, that I'm worried about what is going on with my body and also TOM. Oh well, hopefully after a few days on the MC I can break out of this funk. Not looking forward to the MC but I know I need it so bad.

I was driving home from work last night and trying to figure out why at 47 yoa I am still battling with this thing called food. It sucks! My whole life I have been losing and gaining the same 30+ flipping pounds. I always have a plan that when I lose it I'm going to maintain it and never let myself get back to that weight again and then life happens and here we are again. It's not that I eat a ton of food it is completely that the food I eat is loaded with calories. I don't eat for nutrition I eat for pure taste and enjoyment. Why can't I get it right? I have lost weight on every weight loss plan there is and tried everything including the old fashion eat right and exercise and it never fails it always comes back. It's totally my fault, I've got no one to blame but me, I just don't know why I don't stop it before the 30 pounds are back. I am a smart, college educated, professional woman and I know what the problem is, and I know what I need to do, and I know what I'm doing wrong ... so why can't I stop it. :cry:

Ok well enough rambling ... back to this pile on my desk & hoping day 1 goes by fast ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:35 pm 

You know the regain happens to all human beings. It is such a toxic world. Maintaining a loss is harder than losing weight. I read a ton of interesting literature on what happens after weight loss and one thing that stood out to me was that the people who kept off significant weight exercised for two hours a DAY. OMG

It's just very tough. I know we can all do it though.

I'm so glad you started again you know cause some people never do. And I know this MC helps us so much. I've done 40 days twice. I'm on Day 28 today. So glad I started again.

You can do it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am 

Thanks Abbey Lee for the encouragement. You are right as hard as it is to lose the weight it is even harder to keep it off. At least we are all battling this thing together. I can't believe you've done 2 40 day cleanses. Kudos to you!! I'm really hoping to do it but at the very least 30 days. I've done several 10 day and a 14 day so this will be a new one. Do you have a journal you are doing I would love to read your journeys. 40 days seems tough but I've been watching youtube videos and they are so inspiring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:00 am 

OFFICIAL DAY 1: 181 lbs

Okay so I will always keep it real and today is my official day 1 as yesterday I did good all day drinking the LA and got home kind of late last night and my son came over and had made dinner for us. I felt bad because I hadn't told him I was doing the MC again so I ate. Not much but I still ate so I definitely can't count it. I took that opportunity to let everyone know that I was going to be doing the MC for the next 30-40 days so no dinners, but it was sweet of him. The funny thing is that almost every time I decide to do the MC I never make it through that first day. Something always derails it but the next day is good. I don't know why. A good note I suppose is that I still was down 2 lbs.

I have got a killer headache this morning. Even though I ate last night I was thinking it couldn't be from the MC but then realized I haven't had any coffee/caffeine since Monday. AAAAHhhhh I bet that's it. UGGH hoping this goes away soon.

We had a staff meeting this morning with boxes and boxes of donuts and I sat in there sipping on my hot LA. So got through a hurdle already :)

Happy cleansing ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:06 am 

SW: 183.2
Day 1: 181
Day 2: 179.3

I made it through day 1! It's always getting through that first day. I know once I do that then we're on! I had a headache all day yesterday and woke up with a headache this morning. I was so tired last night I went to bed early and fell right to sleep. Woke up a couple times during the night with back pain. This morning I have aching in my lower back and right hip. UGGHH. I always get these aches on the MC but usually not until day 4 or 5; wondering why I'm getting these painful symptoms so soon. I know I have been feeling horribly the last few months so I'm hoping I'm not in for major detox symptoms.

I drank the SM tea and will do the SWF on Saturday. I can't do it every day. My body is so sensitive to salt that I really blow up like a balloon and feel throbbing pain in my head when I do it so I tend to only do it once or twice a week. I know it's really important because our bodies need some salt to survive and it's important for the clean out so I do force it once or twice a week.

I'm looking forward to the day when I get the energy boost and start feeling better physically and mentally ... hopefully soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 am 

SW: 183.2
Day 1: 181
Day 2: 179.3
Day 3: 178.6

On Day 3. I actually feel a lot better today. Aches are gone and feeling a bit of energy which is weird because it's like I'm 3 days further on the MC than I normally get certain symptoms.

Bad news I had a meeting yesterday and was told that I have to travel on Sunday for 4 days and then 3 days the following week for conferences :(. The person who was supposed to go has the flu and I've been put in last minute so I am not going to be able to do the MC like I wanted. There is just no way with attending conferences and marketing dinners, etc. etc. UGGH I'm so disappointed but I am going to continue the MC up through Sunday when I have to fly out. At least it's 5 days but 5 days really isn't going to do anything except maybe start a little reset, so I am bummed. I do think I'm going to take the MC stuff with me though and maybe do it during the day and then attend the dinners in the evening. Might keep me in the mindset at least.

I will be back to do this full force after I return from traveling...

Last bumped by 49ergirl on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 am.