[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - finally cleansing

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: finally cleansing
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 pm 

hi,
I'm Patti, a 50 something, 1st grade teacher, in Southern California. I had a very successful cleanse about 10 years ago and so I know the journey I am beginning, AND I KNOW I can do it because I already have.

So, although I started 4 days ago, today is my first successful DAY 1. Each of the other 3 days, I gave in to weakness and had a protein shake, some berries, a handful of nuts, an orange... I guess I'll call those my ease-in.

As I sit here typing away to distract myself, I will admit that I am HUNGRY but also that I am extremely happy with myself for having gotten thru the entire day (10 pm now) without a morsel! Yay me! It has begun...

Despite my false start(s), I was 186 (cringe) on Monday and 182.6 this morning. It is so hard to even type those numbers - the last time I weighed close to this much was when I was pregnant with my first son, 20 years ago. Yikes!

Ten years ago when I first went on the MC, I weighed 164 and got down to 142 in 16 days. I remember how much I hated weighing 164, and was stuck at that weight for a couple of years. Now I will celebrate that weight when I reach it again! Anyway, I stayed in the 140s for a few years but then the weight started to creep back on as soon as I added diary and red meat back into my diet. I have been yo-yo dieting for the past 5 years - losing and gaining the same 20-25 lbs back over and over again. Lately I have been a sugar and carb addict and could not stop the cycle. Ugh, I'm getting too old for this and I am worried about what this yo-yo dieting is doing to my poor body. This cleanse is my fight back to good health and control over my diet and I will not be gaining it back this time. I know from my past experience that I will not want unhealthy foods after my cleanse and will be able to eat healthy and continue to lose - back down to 140ish.

I haven't decided how long I will go, but I am on Spring break for 10 more days, my husband and kids are working &/or going to school so I am home alone with zero obligations for the next 10 days so this is the perfect time to go at least 10 days, ideally more.

I know this is a long first post, and honestly, I don't even expect anyone to read it. It's just to keep me focused and honest, and distracted - ha!

Wish me luck.
nite.

Post subject: Re: finally cleansing
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 pm 

Good luck to you Patti! I'll be cheering you on! I'm Fromm S. Cali too! You can do it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:10 am 

Hi prettypat - I hope you're continuing to do well on your diet during your spring break. It's all about taking 1 step at a time, when you're hungry don't focus too much on the 10 days, just think about getting through that 1 day. Having your clothes fit you better, and being in a better state of mind makes it all worth it! Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:07 am 

Good for you making the step towards being healthier. Really good advice from Sldeal! When you're hungry, do something to distract yourself: read , watch tv, take a walk, call a friend, meditate, make some warm herbal (caffeine free) tea..., vid/mobile games. It really helps.

You can definitely do this! Also here to cheer you on :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm 

Hi Ladies!
I am so happy you three replied to me! I have been reading your blogs for inspiration for the past couple of weeks and feel like the three of you are old friends of mine!

I will post more tonight, but I just wanted to pop on real quick to say thank you for the encouragement and words of wisdom! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:26 pm 

I love this forum because everyone is super supportive, kind, thoughtful and sincere :) It truly is the main reason I got this far. Looking forward to reading your posts as you progress through this mc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 am 

Yesterday's weigh-in was 180 so down 6 lbs. since Monday even tho' I am officially on day 3 this morning I am still counting my weightloss down from 186. Last night I blew it and had a margarita. No food, just the one drink, but I am back up to 181. Stupid margarita! I am hating myself today and I have a terrible headache!

Today is a new day and I am still going - not a morsel of food in 2 days +. I feel like I'm going to give in and give myself a break all the time, but that's how I got in this mess in the first place! So I am vowing to myself to stay strong and do this for ME!

I know this sounds vane and shallow, but I just want to look good again! I love wearing cute clothes and feeling attractive and right now I look terrible. Besides the extra flab, my eyes are puffy, my face is fat and starting to get saggy around my jowls which really makes me look old and feel ecky. I have been avoiding looking in the mirror because I hate what I see.

I'm really down on myself this morning, probably because of the margarita I had. I am so disappointed and HATE weighing this much! I know the weight will come off, and quickly, but today I weigh 181 and that just sucks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:30 am 

Don't feel bad for the drink. You're only human and it is hard to break old habits. Keep on going. I know you can do this. Don't think about the long haul, just one day at a time. If you feel yourself wanting to cave remove yourself from there and just do something else - I use to make myself drink a lemonade and go to bed. I found I was always closest to caving at night because that's when I'd have my biggest meal - comfort eating. I realized I felt that way because I was cranky, hungry and tired. Maybe look at the times when you feel like caving and try to figure out if there's another reason?

Anyway just trying to be helpful from my own limited knowledge, not preachy <3 I know you can do this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:46 pm 

Thanks, BW, for the words of wisdom. Evening has always been when I eat the most as well, I can go all day without even thinking about food and then eat all night. That's why I'm fat, I guess. anyway, I took your advice and went for a walk while my hubby ate porkchops and greenbean casserole. it smelled so good I was almost swooning, lol. I ended up walking for a little more than 2 miles, according to my cellphone which magically figured out I was walking and sent me a message when I finished with stats of my walk. Ha! How cool is that?! Guess that's why it's called a smart phone! :)

It's now the end of day 3 and I still haven't caved. I am having a hard time getting enough LA down. I'm drinking 4 maybe 5 a day. My drinks are a bit more potent than the original recipe so hopefully it will still work. I'm thinking of freezing some into popsicles tomorrow to help me get more and to also feel like I'm eating something.

Today I went to a birthday party for my neighbor's 1 yr. old grandbaby. Surprisingly I wasn't even tempted to eat anything and believe me these Italians know how to serve some food! There was so much of everything and although I'm hungry I wasn't tempted at all. I just told them I had a bit of a tummy bug whenever someone asked me why I wasn't eating - it worked. It's almost 9:00 now, and I'm really hungry but this time I am going to stay stronger than my hunger and keep on keepin on. The first 3 days are the hardest and I made it this far and that gives me strength. I really want some veggies tho'. Some warm green beans would be awesome right now...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:41 pm 

Good job Prettypat at the Birthday party. You survived your taste of real temptation. I even have to cook for my Husband and kids, now that's some torture and willpower. I went to my favorite naughty restaurant McDonalds today and just got two kids meals. Didn't sneak one fry! The pressure! When I'm tempted I just think of how much weight I can lose in a short period of time. A true jump start to my new life! I too know how if feels just to want to look good again! That's 75% of my main reason for this....then the health benefits. I know so backwards but the truth. Hang in there you can do it'. Until Day 4, happy Cleansing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:19 am 

Good morning! Well, actually almost afternoon! I slept in 'til after 11:00! Wow, can't remember ever sleeping in past 9:00 lol. I couldn't sleep last night tho'. Had a bad bought of restless legs and was up until 1 am. Then woke up at 4:30 'cuz I thought I heard someone breaking into our sliding glass door downstairs. Must have been a dream 'cuz the dogs weren't barking but it seemed so real! I'm taking an iron pill today to hopefully ward off anymore crazy legs, as I used to call them as a kid.

Well today is Sunday, day 4 and my weigh-in is 177.8, down from 181 yest and down almost 9 lbs. from my false start on Monday. I know this was pretty much all water weight that I've lost so far because I looked and felt so bloated before I started and it's coming off so quickly. This morning, the first thing I noticed when I pulled back the covers is that my thighs are so much smoother looking! Still big and flabby, but not so bumpy and awful looking! I might even be able to wear a skirt when I go back to work. I have one more glorious week off and am pretty sure I will be at 170, by then.

Thanks, Princess, for the encouragement. It means a LOT! You are way stronger than I am for sure because there is NO WAY I would have been able to resist sneaking a french fry or 10! LOL! My hubby wanted to go see a movie today but I love warm, buttery, salty popcorn way too much ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:20 pm 

Woohoo that's a big jump on the scale. You're doing so well, fighting those cravings and urges. I love your determination. Keep on going :D
Haha yes you will start noticing that your skin looking smoother and firmer - thighs, arms etc. It feels so good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:52 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm 

Hihi Just checking in <3 Hope your Monday went well :)

ps - you ladies aren't the only ones with theatre popcorn weaknesses! There's another place I'll have to avoid for a while lmao.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 am 

Morning! Today is Tuesday, day 6, Didn't post yest 'cuz I guess I had nothing to say, lol. My weight did not budge yest and stayed at 177.6.

I was freezing all day and last night! I was literally carrying a little portable heater from room to room with me and it's in the 70's here in beautiful, sunny California! I was so cold last night I literally could not sleep! I was still awake at 2:30. All bundled up with 2 pairs of socks, warm jammies and 3, yes 3 blankets and I was still too cold to sleep. My skin literally felt icey cold to the touch!

This morning I woke up at 6:30 to make sure my son was up for school and decided to weigh myself before I hopped back under the covers - no change again :|

But when I finally got out of bed at 9:30, I weighed myself again out of pure defiance and lo and behold a miracle happened and the scale read 176.6, Ha!

This morning, I noticed ANOTHER MIRACLE as I was coming the stairs - I wasn't achey! What?! Everymorning for the past couple of years, probably more, I have had to hold onto the banister to support my weight because my ankles are super stiff and my legs, achey. I would take a good 30 mins of moving around for the stiffness and acheyness to go away. But then, every time I sat sown for any length of time, that awful stiffness in my legs was back.

NOT TODAY! I literally skipped down the stairs! WooHoo! I'm young again!

Seriously, I think that my joint stiffness was from an extreme excessive amount of glutin! Bread, pasta, and cookies were the staples of my diet! I read somewhere a long time ago that glutin can cause internal inflamation and joint pain and people go to the doctor because their body is so achey and get diagnosed with fibromyalgia or even muscular dystrophy when it's really just inflamation from glutin! Wow! I NEVER want to feel like that again!

Down 10 lbs. total so far (counting weight lost from false start).