[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - SHC's 10 Day MC Journey

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: SHC's 10 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:13 am 

Hi All...So I'm back! If anyone is starting around now (already started or planning to in the next few days) please join me. If not, I'll just post each day of my journey anyway. My last MC was over 5 years ago and I'm really excited to start this one. A lot has happened over that time. Anyway, I re-read my own sticky post in the General Questions (I can't believe I posted it in 2006 and its still going strong with over 98,000 views) to remind myself of all of the info. I developed to help with a MC. So why, you ask, am I only doing 10 days (last MC was 20)? Good question...

So here's the plan:
10 Day MC
3 Days coming off
30 Day Whole30 Diet.

Day 1
My first day was fairly smooth. Very little hunger but my temper was a bit short and things seemed to annoy me more than usual. Probably just getting off the carb/sugar high of my previous diet. Also, a little trouble falling asleep (since I'm blogging at 12:30am lol)

SW: 213
GW: 200

Last edited by SHC on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SHC's 20 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 pm 

Day 2
Another relatively easy day! I bit of a headache in the evening but no real hunger pains. Day 3 always seemed the most difficult for me so I'll keep my fingers crossed for an easy day tomorrow. Tonight will be my first SM...

Day 1: 213
Day 2: 211

Last edited by SHC on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SHC's 20 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am 

Day 3
O ye of little faith (me)! Day 3 turned out to be fairly easy. The SM tea worked well at 5:30am. I got in a 30 min. fast walk at 9:30am and felt great. As soon as I really settle in I'm going to hit the eliptical for a more serious workout to sweat out more toxins. I started feeling tired and weak since midday so I don't want to push it. I am also going to try swimming laps in a few days to see how that feels. I started to have some hunger in the afternoon but an extra LA did the trick. I've been somewhat irritable all day and feeling fragile in the late afternoon. My tongue has had a thick coating since I woke up and no amount of scraping seems to help :cry: Detox for sure!!!

Day 3: 208

Last edited by SHC on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SHC's 15 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:12 pm 

Day 4

By far the roughest day since I started. The SM tea went overboard! I visited the bathroom at least eight times until mid afternoon. That has never happened to me before on an MC. I decided not to drink the tea tonight to give my body a chance to normalize. Assuming all is well tomorrow I will do both a SM tea at night and a SWF the next morning. I also just felt uncomfortable all day long. Finally, as if that's not enough, I had really bad heartburn the entire day. No amount of water or LA seem to make it go away. I did some research and saw a post about drinking a small amount of baking soda in water. If I still have heartburn tomorrow I'm going to try that. The good news is that I'm continuing to lose weight and clearly getting out a lot of "stuff"! In the afternoon I felt really clear even though I was still uncomfortable. Also, the thick coating on my tongue has diminished significantly. I'm still using the tongue scraper but it's much better than yesterday! So basically a bad news/good news day...

Day 4: 206

Post subject: Re: SHC's 15 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:42 pm 

Day 5

Today was a little bit better than yesterday but still rough. I did get in a good power walk this morning and I'm sure sweated out more toxins. The heartburn got much better. Not completely gone but I hope by tomorrow it will be. I realized that I've been taking Prilosec for a long time and stopped taking it once I started the MC, so I'm assuming my stomach is just turning out acid right now. I hope I won't need it anymore after I finish and transition to a healthier diet. I had a surprising BM today in the middle of the day! I guess my body really needed to get that stuff out. I feel somehow heavier, maybe bloated, but I'll see what happens in the am, especially after SM tea tonight and SWF tomorrow morning.

Day 5: 205

Post subject: Re: SHC's 10 Day MC Journey
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:28 pm 

Day 6

Today was better than yesterday but with an unpleasant twist. I did the SM tea last night at 9pm and the cramps woke me up around 5am. Had good results from that. Then I did the SWF at 6am and never got the full flush out. Just small amounts over 2hrs. That happened only once before and it worried me then and now that I absorbed about 1/2 or more of the salt water. Tomorrow I will either skip it or try to adjust the salt quantity.

I felt very clear today with a lot more energy. My tongue has lost most of the coating. Not pink yet as I'm not far enough into my MC for that exciting event. I didn't get in any real exercise/sweat as I was just on the run all day. I did manage to use the body brush and take a long hot bath this evening which did wonders!

Day 6: 204

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 pm 

Day 7

Today was a much better day! Feeling better and the heartburn is almost gone. It's really true that a MC can clear up health issues! I'm hoping that when I transition to a healthy diet it won't come back and I won't have to take Prilosec ever again :D

I had lots of energy and played golf for 2hrs. It was another really busy day and I felt clear the entire time! The only negative is that the scale said "no mas" for today but I'm not worried as I really felt a lot thinner today. Weight plateaus are common on a MC and I'm sure tomorrow I will be back on track. Can I make my GW with 3 days left? I hope so but it doesn't really matter as I am transitioning to Whole30 from here and I expect to continue losing weight, just not as fast...

Day 7: 204

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 pm 

Day 8

The morning "routine" was comfortable and easy. I felt really clear and bright all day long. Another busy day! I never had a chance to exercise so I will have to make up for that tomorrow. There was no heartburn all day but then you came back again this evening. Very distressing as it was rather strong after being gone for the whole day. 2 days left :D Not much else to report.

Day 8: 203

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:50 pm 

Day 9

Another really easy day. My only issue is the recurring heartburn. When it flares up I douse it with water and that makes it much better, for a while. I was hoping that the MC would cure my heartburn but I guess I'll have to deal with it as an ongoing issue after I finish my MC tomorrow. Hopefully my transition to eating healthier food will keep it under control. I had a good power walk this morning but got busy and didn't have time to do any other exercise during the day. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do both a morning and afternoon session. Looks like I will not reach my GW :( It will be close though. Besides, while we all turn to MC for weight loss, the cleanse of toxins is even more important and I feel great! Sparkly and clear :D Hopefully I will continue to lose weight during the next phase while I am on the Whole30 eating program. It's not vegetarian but I will be careful where and how I get my protein.

Day 9: 203

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 pm 

Day 10

Today was difficult. I had very low energy and felt light headed often. However, the heartburn was 90% gone (thank god) so I'd have to say it was a really good day. I started buying things for the Whole30 eating plan (I single handedly raised the Whole Foods stock price) and am really looking forward to my first OJ tomorrow! Although I hate the SWF, I surprising decided to do a final one tomorrow morning. I will post another day or two as I transition back to eating food. Another MC in the books :D

Day 10: 202

P.S. I am very sad to see that I am the only one on here. Where did everyone go???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:29 pm 

Day 11

It's over :D I did my last SWF this morning. No problem at all and I felt so good I could have easily gone another 5 or even 10 days! I went for a long walk, then started with orange juice and probiotics. I had 4-5 glasses of OJ throughout the day and a little warm veggie broth in the evening. I always wonder if I'll have a problem getting digestion started so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I spent a lot of time today prepping veggies for making a big fresh soup tomorrow and to have on hand for salads, etc. I missed my GW by only 1lb. but I know that I'll bounce back at least 2-3lbs. although I plan to increase my exercise routine significantly beginning tomorrow to try to counteract that possible gain. We'll see what happens. I'm thinking I'll do another MC in a few months. This one was so easy and I felt so clean and healthy. I just wish they were other MCers here on the form to share the journey with and get support from...See you next MC!

Day 10: 202
Day 11: 201 (EW)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am 

Aww I am so sorry I missed your whole cleanse! It looks like you did REALLY well though! I mean 10 days, 12 pound is a lot of great weight loss and your head sounds like it is fully screwed on straight!

How are you doing now?

Great job! Loved reading it!