[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Second attempt at this

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Second attempt at this
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am 

I'm creating this journal to track my progress and to hold myself accountable.

I did the MC in April and lost 7 lbs. I gained a couple back due to water weight but I am currently 1 lb lighter than my lowest weight post-cleanse (I exercise and watch what I eat). Despite all my efforts, the weight loss has been very slow. So I'm back on the MC to jumpstart losing 15 more lbs. I plan to do it again in August to bring my closer to my goal.

When I did the cleanse the first time I made some mistakes and I want to do things differently this time. For one, I didn't finish it. I lasted 7 days and gave up because I got bored with it and I was happy with my physical changes. I also cheated a few times. About three days in I would have an occasional snack (couple pieces of cheese, some low calorie popcorn)- nothing more than 200 calories. I was so disappointed in my lack of will power. I wasn't really hungry, I was just bored and I craved being able to chew.

On the positive side, I learned so many things about myself doing the cleanse. For one, I learned that hunger is mostly mental, and I eat a lot out of boredom. Thanks to the cleanse I was able to start doing intermittent fasting. I tried IF before and only lasted one day. The MC made me realize what I was truly capable of.

This time I am going to do the full 10 days. I am NOT going to snack and I am going to be more consistent with my SWF (I only did it once the last time). I am also going to exercise this time to have optimum results.

So this is day one. I filled a 30 oz bottle of the lemonade and I have drunk half so far. I am going to have the rest of it now and make another bottle for "dinner."

SW: 156.6
GW: 148 (I'm setting an aggressive goal because I'll be tempted to quit if I reach it before the 10 days)

Post subject: Re: Second attempt at this
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:39 am 

Hi there. I just read your journal, it seems we have both posted our journals in the same day. How's your day so far? I hope you're doing fine. As for me, I'm battling hunger pangs... hungry, hungry, hungry... :evil: is all i can think of. And i still have to cook for my husband. Can you imagine the feelings? :|

I hope we can both survive this! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:34 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 am 

Day 1
I did not weigh but I will tomorrow. I brought a 2 liter bottle of the mix to work with me. I plan to drink the entire bottle today. I am going to the gym today for light cardio. I really want to accelerate the weight loss while on the cleanse and it will help me take my mind off food.

My goal this time is 14 days :shock: :shock:
My birthday is the 24th so 14 days will give me enough time to ease out and celebrate my birthday (responsibly).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:06 am 

Wow, Roadie, your honesty is very admirable, and I'm guessing you'll make it this time. After 14 days, be sure to do a nice long ease-out, as your body's digestive tract will not take solids easily. Check out this forum's section on how to do the MC. It really pays to do the OJ and soup ease-out, and i always continue to lose during those days. If you do the MC to 10 days, you can afford to do 3 or 4 days of ease-out in time for your birthday!!

I have to ask you one nosy question:
Are you bringing fully mixed lemonade to work? Like with the cayenne already added?
I ask because the "heat" of the cayenne multiplies as it stews in the lemon. I have noticed that people who premix the cayenne often quit early. I have a feeling the effects of that hot cayenne may be a big factor. When I premix, I leave out the cayenne but bring along a shaker of it. Tiny little jar of it doesn't take up much room and you just sprinkle what you need into your current glass (dose) just before drinking it.

Just a suggestion.

But let me know how your day goes.

Bali Lemon
Day 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:20 am 

Hi Balie! I really appreciate your feedback. You raised a good point about the ease-out. In that case I'll stick to 10-12. I do want to jump back on the cleanse after my bday, while my body is still used to it, and do another 10 days.

Yes, I do mix everything at once. I actually made my mix last night and it tastes fine. I prefer not to make it in advance but it was the more convenient option. I'll keep your advice in mind. :wink:

So I've had 16 ounces of the mix so far, took a walk during my lunch break and got hungry. I'm about to down another 30 ounces. I'm curious how much everyone else drinks. I usually don't measure but I want to keep track this time for calories sake.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am 

Forgot to note that I have an onset headache. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 am 

Hey, Roadto135, how's it going?

Headache... yes, one of the signs that you are detoxing. But it can also be a sign of dehydration, so it pays to make sure you are also chugging spring water all by itself, in between lemonades.

You posed the question of how much we other Cleansers are drinking each day. This is just me, but this is how I like it. Every glass of lemonade that I count has these components (T being a tablespoon):

2 T organic lemon or lime juice, as freshly squeezed as possible
2 T dark organic maple syrup (used to be Grade B, but nowadays it's usually labeled Grade A Dark Amber)
12 to 16 oz spring water (yes, this is a heavy dilute)
big shake of organic cayenne pepper, usually coating the top of the glass.

If I'm taking a supply to go out for any reason (work, errands, etc), I mix together individual portions SANS the cayenne, which I take along with me. Like I said, I shake it into the lemon/maple/water drink just before drinking.

And I try to drink tons of water in between the lemonades, like right before and after downing one.

The guidelines for how MANY lemonades in a day are: minimum of 6, maximum of 12.

I find that if I don't space out my lemonades and drink most of them in the evening, I can't sleep for all the sugar. That's just me, but I would say it's best to have those drinks fairly evenly spaced throughout the day, to keep your energy high.

Hope this answers your question, but I'd be curious to know others' answers as well.

Bali Lemon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:16 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 am 

So I am going to be honest with you guys. I am starting over at day one.

Wednesday was really good and I did a great job of keeping my hunger at bay. But I ended up getting an alcoholic beverage and throwing the day's work down the toilet. No craving for food but I wanted alcohol (that's another story).

So the next day I was craving every bad thing under the sun and ate horribly. So here I am, today, back at day one.

I want to kick myself because I was supposed to start on Monday - I could be halfway done by now. But that's all behind me now and all I can do is make sure that I stay consistent from here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am