[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Athene's MC - 40 Days! Begins July 10th, 2017!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Athene's MC - 40 Days! Begins July 10th, 2017!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 am 

Hi all. It's been years since i last came here. Thank God my account is still active! I wonder if there are any old timers here still lurking around. Or am i the only one left? Oh well. :mrgreen:

So... let's cut the crap and hit the road.

I'm here to make a journal of my master cleanser journey of 40 days (if I could survive that long!). Probably no one will read it, but that's ok with me. I just need to document it somehow, so at least I have a record of how things are going on and who knows... it could probably give me some support that I really need right now, albeit litle.

Last time i checked my weight, it was around 70+kg. Bad for me, because i'm petite. Short. The best weight for me should be somewhere around 42-45kg (92-99 pounds). And the last time i had a slim bod, was like 6 years ago, before I got married. I'm doing MC because i really feel it's about time I get into shape again. I'm doing this for myself, especially. My target days are 40. :wink:

To be honest, I've never done a lemonade diet before. But I've done MC countless times using sugar cane juice, which was how I got my slim bod 6 years ago. I did try the lemonade version many many years ago, but I couldn't continue. BUT, this time... I have no choice but to do this lemonade version because I could not get hold of the right kind of sugar cane juice like before. So here i am.. doing a lemonade diet of the ever so popular, The Master Cleanser.

I have done my Day 1 MC yesterday, the 10th of July 2017. It was so so so so so hard :cry: . The hunger pangs almost killed me. But when I think of the reason, WHY, I'm doing this.. i realized, i HAD to continue... or i will never change into someone better...

I don't know why, but somehow, I have a feeling that I will succeed. Compared to before, i always had doubts. Yes, the Lemonade diet is not for the faint hearted. Especially if you're going to be doing it for 40 days or so. You need to have a VERY HIGH discipline because the hunger pangs are REAL. Doing the lemonade diet is almost like doing Water Fasting. Can you imagine, not eating anything, instead, just drinking water for 10 days? Let alone 40 days! It's crazy! :shock:

Day 2

So here i am, typing this, on day 2. The hunger pangs are still there... it drives me insane :evil: . Especially when I opened up FB and saw foods and recipes. Damn it. My stomach growles like crazy. But amazingly, my gastritis has not stopped by to say hello... before the MC, i would be getting stomach ache almost every day. Especially after meals. So... good riddance! It's one of the reasons why I wanted to do the Lemonade diet version as well.

It's late evening here where I am, so i'm almost done for the 2nd day. I never thought I would last this long because before this, I could only last several hours on the lemonade diet. But... i have another 38 days to go. So, can't boast. Hehe. :P Yeah, I plan on going 40. That is IF the weight reduction is slow. But if i could get into the shape that i wanted, FAST, then i would probably quit quicker. Well, we want to be SLIM, but not SKINNY, ya know what i mean? 8)

Since I can't take too much water/food (i get stomach ache whenever my stomach is full), that means I can't drink too much lemonade. So to avoid my stomach getting hurt, i only take about 2-4 glasses of lemonade. The rest, I just drink either room-temperature or cold water, to balance out my water drinking (comes up to a minimum of 8 glasses a day). I still do the Salt Water Flush though, and the Lax tea at night. So i'm not skipping anything. To get some strength, I take 2-4 table spoons of maple syrup (since I don't take 12 glasses of lemonade, so the amount of maple syrup that should go into each drink, i take directly, to compensate, to say the least). But only when i feel really really hungry.

Amazingly too, besides my gastritis that is still not paying me a visit, eventhough I have not eaten anything for 2 days now, i also am not having any symptoms of headache, as i usually have during old cleansings. Or maybe it's just lurking around the corner, waiting to pounce on me? Hmm... :roll: All in all, i experience nothing bad so far, only hunger pangs, and bad breath... oh, and sleepiness. I guess it has to do with the hunger. :?

I'm looking forward to day 10. If I could make it to day 10, then I know I could make it to day 40. Or longer, if it needs be. Anyway, if anyone is reading this, i hope you've enjoyed your reading, and if you don't mind, please give me some support.. i would really appreciate it. :oops:

Thank you to Dan, for still maintaining this Forum. Without you, this forum would have been closed down a long time ago.

I'll post again tomorrow, for DAY 3. If I'm still alive and kicking! See yeah! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Athene's MC - 40 Days! Begins July 10th, 2017!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 am 

DAY 3

I cheated today. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I ate a small portion of chicken that i cooked for hubby and then some biscuits. Because I was hungry. HELPPPPPPP!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the hunger pangs? I read journals of those who had done this and most of them said that they didn't feel hungry. While i get hungry every day! :? :? :?

Ok. I'm not gonna stop this. I'm gonna continue with my MC tomorrow. Maybe i just need to drink more water. Nevertheless, i feel disappointed with myself. I could have done better. Won't cheat no more!! :evil:

P.S By the way, i did a 10 min exercise today, walking and running on the mill after not exercising for 6 years or so. Pheww! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 pm 

I'll be reading! I'm on Day 2 and currently I am hiding from the food. Upstairs. In my bedroom. It's a 12 lemonade day for me over here.

STARVING.

Helpful? The way to beat the cravings is with distraction. Hot bath, hot shower, manicure, pedicure, a chose in the house that is nowhere near the kitchen!

The basic gist is that you want what is in the future success more than you want the current 10 minutes of eating food. It's tough. They say that the cravings pass in 15 minutes! I think that is probably not completely true. I notice that the hunger shuts off for me between 7-8 pm.

I already look like I am lit up! I feel better. I really think we can do this!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:06 am 

You're not the only old-timer left! I'm still here :D

You can do it. Make sure you get enough drinks down you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 am 

Athene, I hope you can restart the MC! I am starting today and it does really help when others are visiting and posting.

Get back on that horse, Athene!!

And, Amii, are you still around? Let's get a conversation going. I value the encouragement.

Love, Bali Lemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:35 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:18 pm 

Athene, you can do this! Just shoot for that initial 10-day mark, and you've got it. Everything I read says the hunger really does go away, and the first time I did this back in 2009, it did for me at the 3-4 day mark. When you feel hungry, stop and think about what you're really feeling....is it true physical hunger or just the desire to have something, anything other than that lemonade again?

Keep journaling, and good luck!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:06 pm 

Yeah! Is it cravings or is it hunger? The MC does provide sufficient nutrition (in addition to your stored fats and some other body tissue) for a surprisingly long period of time. Those thoughts of food can often just be food addictions talking (like sugar, starches, etc). In my experience, the body is likely used to getting certain foods, and the habit of going for those day after day forms a craving akin to the cravings of a drug addict!

Remember, it's a de-tox. As the toxins come out, you will re-experience the negative effects of them. So keep at the salt water flush and clean out the system!

Keep on posting.

Luv, Lem (Bali Lemon)