[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - From Ate to Great: Bali Lemon's 8th MC

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: From Ate to Great: Bali Lemon's 8th MC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 am 

130.8 lbs. Scale is set to kilos, so it tells me the meat (and flab) comes to 59.35 kilos, composed of a short stack of blueberry pancakes with syrup, an "Almond Joy" martini, several root beer floats, big fat Indian wedding feast and treats, lobster on white bread rolls, and other no-no's enjoyed in the past month that I've been visiting the States.

I woke up this morning and looked at a pair of favorite pants and I just knew I wasn't going to fit them. These are the things that motivate me. I am probably edging into size 10 territory, and most of my clothes are 6 or some loose 8's. I am not even in the realm of obese, but I do get a bit flabby from time to time, due to lapses into the Standard American Diet, and I find that the MC is just the easiest way to nip off a few pounds and feel better physically. I get into bad habits from time to time, and it doesn't take many lapses into refined sugars and starches to become dependent on them, craving them, even.

I would like to lose 5 or 6 kilos, in other words, 11 or 13 lbs, which would get me down to just a little under 120 lbs. I would settle for the usual Master Cleanse 10 lbs in 10 days plus ease-off, which seems to be my normal loss.

Since I am looking forward to the next 10 days with some concepts and goals, I will also put it out there that I want to just feel good again. My energy level is not bad, but I do feel way better when my body is not trying to manage a diet of starchy, sweet, processed foods. God knows what toxic effects are coming my way, but if it's like my other cleanses, this one will find me toughing it out on days 3 and 4, but feeling awfully good by day 8. I can deal with it, knowing what's ahead.

I am going to try to quit supplements, but I might take some Dr Berg Adrenal Night supplement if I'm not getting sleep after some days on the MC.

On day 8, I am going to be living in an RV, making my way out to the path of the Solar Eclipse in totality, 21 August. If all goes according to plan, I will be celebrating the loss of maybe about 5 or 6 lbs by then.

So Here I Begin!
DAY 1
58 year old female, good health, 5'5.5" tall
59.35 kilos, 130.8 lbs
bust 35.25"
waist 30.2"
hips 39.5"
belly at fullest 35"
left thigh 20.25"
not to be obsessive or anything (I probably won't note all of those measurements every day), but it's good to have a lot of "before" evidence if I need a boost during the worst, dullest, most toxic days of the cleanse.

SWF somewhat productive. Nothing too urgent; just "went."
Lemonade tally: 8 or 9 lost track. Smuggled the lemonade into the movies (Valerian, 3D, which was visually stunning and distracting in the most wonderful way)
trying to keep up regular water intake so as not to upset my kidneys, as in earlier cleanses
Feeling OK. Energy level good enough for a little weeding and cleaning the filter on the well.
Husband complained that I smelled bad. Could have been the jacket I wore, straight from several months in the hall closet, but maybe it was some toxicity leeching out.
Bali Lemon

Attachments:
weight.png
weight.png [ 9.49 KiB | Viewed 8835 times ]

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: From Ate to Great: Bali Lemon's 8th MC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am 

Hey Bali,

Have a great first day! Is weight loss your only goal or do you have any healing goals in mind? x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:27 am 

For Amii,
It is definitely a combo of weight loss and detox. I hate the sluggish feeling I've gained from all the SAD eating. I had one day this summer when the whole extended family had a pizza night, with all the artisanal wood fired pizza we could eat. I definitely consumed more starch 'n gluten that night than I had in the entire 3 years prior!!! Seriously. I just don't eat grains, ever since I did my first MC 3 years ago and used the detox to jumpstart the Adrenal and Liver Cleanse diets developed by Eric Berg. And I had been fully addicted to pasta and starches before that first cleanse. The MC is such an awesome way to get out of food addictions.

So, for sure, I am looking forward to a detox and then to having green salads and veggies as my staples and small amounts of lean unprocessed meats and fish.

Thanks for asking. What are you eating these days?

Lem

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:30 am 

DAY 2
57.55 kilos (126.8 lbs)
Wow, that is a big drop! I imagine some of that is just water weight, but the main thing is, I am getting my body to just rest the digestive tract. Some of it had to be digestive waste hanging around, eliminated yesterday and even a bit this morning before I weighed in. I check scales before the SWF.

Slept well, feeling good. A bit ache-y from yesterday's exercise video concentrating on improving the posture (Classical Stretch season 10) but the usual muscular ache, lactic acid style. Threw on her "stress release" workout and the stretching just made it all disappear.

SWF: very productive. chugged a lot of additional non salty water afterwards to avoid dehydration.
Lemonade tally: 6 or 7
Peppermint tea: 1
Being super careful to not mix my lemonades with our California well water, which is high in dissolved minerals to the very limits of the local health standards. Very, very hard water with tons of iron and calcium in it. I am instead consuming Crystal Geyser spring water.

Notes: fixing lunch and breakfast for my husband not too difficult, surprisingly enough. Could not have possibly done that in prior cleanses. I mean, anything can happen, but so far, I'm managing. Went to SF to buy bicycles, occupying time and attention.

Attachments:
weight (1).png
weight (1).png [ 9.74 KiB | Viewed 8802 times ]

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:04 am 

DAY 3
Less than great night of sleeping; stayed up too late just so I could watch another episode of Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Some sinus congestion in the night.
56.4 kilos (124.3 lbs)
Wow, another day of shedding bloat and water weight.'

SWF productive
hectic day shopping for cleaning supplies for the camper; crabby and toxic (typical arduous day 3)
Lemonade tally 6
Blemon

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCnLkfy/]

[/url]

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:07 am 

Way to go! Great job! Amazing!

Hope the SWF is kind to you. I just got several different kinds of salt and am secretly praying that the most expensive one doesn't work best! Not that any was too costly! Soon to be cleansing again, just not too sue when to start so as to make it slightly easier. Even though it is entirely possible that no good time exists!

Making a dress from a sheet today that has two giant sized roses on it. Should be big fun!

I don't really know if short cleanses are better to do than long ones. I know that the pink tongue is amazing. But that's hard to do. I wish we knew stuff like ... if 4 10 day cleanses did what a 40 day cleanse does. Headlock that Eric Berg guy and make him do it Blemon!

Sending lots of love and strength from So Cal!

Squee; ancient alien fruit queen of the West

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:08 am 

Also I know what you mean about the gluten. It's *televangelist voice!* The Debil! The DEBIL!

Also Insta-fatness, hella-flab!

Mister Squee decided he's gluten intolerant and I LOVE not having to make anything wheat flour based now. So great!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am 

for Squeedge:
Well, hello! :P thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
Post a photo of the dress when finished! On hanger is OK, btw.

That is freakin' good news about Mr Squeezie going off the gluten!! Wow! No more trips to the ramen cafe! I just about flipped when my husband brought his fragrant tortilla chips into the car from Chipotle yesterday. "Don't open those in my presence," I warned him. I have been cooking for him while on this MC (which I NEVER did during past cleanses) and because I can't test taste anything, I am screwing up right n left on doneness of things like a steak and some veggies. Had no idea how much I relied upon snitching a taste, when it comes to cooking. I salute you for your months of cooking for your main squeeze, while fasting. It's a challenge and a half.

Luv, Lem

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 am 

DAY 4
55.6 kilos WTF, never shed the weight so fast. Maybe it's because I gained the excess weight so recently and so quickly (started putting it on mid-July, like 4 extra lbs in a couple of weeks, and then one horrendous Indian wedding 3 day pig-out plus 5 days of lobster rolls and rootbeer floats on the Connecticut shore, which made a fast gain of 7 more pounds). Just a thought.

SWF: productive
better sleep last night (I use sleep app "Sleep Cycle" to monitor the length and productivity of my sleep cycle. It works on the motion detector built into my iPhone, resting next to me in bed all night).

For sure, a better day than yesterday in terms of mood and energy.
Face slightly broken out (toxins)
Went to dentist for semi annual cleaning and checkup. Been bad about flossing, so there was a lot for the dental assistant to scrape off, but the teeth feel great now. Warned me to put an hour between acidic foods (lemon, et al) and brushing.

6.5 lemonades and lots of water in between
cup of mint tea (allowable, per Glickman)
Ran out of Crystal Geyser halfway through the day so started mixing / drinking distilled water. Went and bought some more Crystal Geyser spring water for tomorrow.

B

Attachments:
weight (3).png
weight (3).png [ 9.69 KiB | Viewed 8756 times ]

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 am 

DAY 5

55.6 kilos (plateau, not unexpected, with the rapid loss of days 2 - 4).
Woke up feeling good; back flab GONE! I felt even better after a deep 22 minute stretch routine.
SWF productive
checked a ketosis test strip when I woke up (completely negative)
face better than it was yesterday.
Lemonade tally: 6
That "stealth palm" on my weight loss ticker looks creepily poised for another attack on the pyramids.
Energy and mood elevated.

Balem

Attachments:
weight (3).png
weight (3).png [ 9.69 KiB | Viewed 8736 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 am 

DAY 6
54.5 kilos (120 lbs) jeez, basically hit my target.
waist 27.5 " belly at its fattest: 32
SWF productive
Feel really great. Man, this particular cleanse for me has shown me that the cleanse as an exercise can be part of a person's life... a fix for those periods of overindulgence. I fell off the healthy eating wagon and simply picked myself back up and cleaned out the recent toxins & fat deposits, and can move forward.
Lemonade tally 6
Amazing that I was able to prepare my dishes for big potluck dinner at my dad's, and survive the table full of amazing food, while I nursed a lemonade. Fun to find out that my dad's girlfriend has done 2 of the Master Cleanses before. ("Day 3, OMG!" we said at exactly the same time!!)
Awesome high energy day.

Bali Lemon

Attachments:
weight (4).png
weight (4).png [ 9.41 KiB | Viewed 8723 times ]

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 am 

10 lbs in 6 days - amazing! I can't wait to see what your final results are.

I hope that I shed it as quickly, and that your theory of recent weight gain coming off quickly holds true for me; I gained at least 5 lbs in a week a few weeks ago while on vacation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:35 am 

Hey, Roadto135:
Yes, I hope you have similar results. But I have found that such accelerated shedding is not my norm. A pound a day is about right for most people, I have noticed, including most of my previous MC's.

Onward!

Luv, Lem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:37 am 

DAY 7
Got back from dinner so late, I slept about 5 or 6 hours only.
hit a slight plateau, but I'm not complaining
54.9 kilos (121 lbs)
woke up feeling pretty good. As usual, began day with another workout in my stretch video.
SWF: productive
Lemonade tally: 6
Drank only water in the morning (due mostly to extended effects of the SWF, then suddenly had to go run pick up the RV and, due to large numbers of eclipse fanatics booking an RV today, it took forever! First lemonade wasn't until at least 3 pm. Chugged a lot of spring water until that time came.
Slightly hectic day cleaning (yes, it was only "broom clean") packing the RV;
on the road tomorrow after noon. Squeezing lemons on the road... hmmm

Lem'n

Attachments:
weight (5).png
weight (5).png [ 9.58 KiB | Viewed 8698 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am 

DAY 8
good amount of sleep; woke up feeling great
54.9 kilos, still. Even to the decimal point! 121 pound plateau. Can't complain. Belly flat and the tops of my hips aren't flabby anymore.
SWF: just chugged it. Standing by for the horror.

draft

Bali Lemon

Attachments:
File comment: Stagnating palm tree
weight (5).png
weight (5).png [ 9.58 KiB | Viewed 8682 times ]