[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Giving it another go after so long.

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Giving it another go after so long.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:10 pm 

Hello good people! ... Is there anybody out there?

It's been years since I did the MC. I've actually have only done it once all the way thru to 10 days which was when I first tried it. I've had failed attempts every time I've tried it after that. I'm serious about doing the complete 10 days this go round.

Too much is going on in my life and I feel out of control physically and emotionally. I've been trying to lose 20 lbs the last 7 yrs yet all the diets I've tried haven't been effective. I'm an emotional eater so I eat my feelings a lot. I have an event on 10/14 where I want to look and feel my best. There'll be a lot of people who haven't seen me in years and I don't want to show up looking drab and defeated.

My plan is to start easing into the cleanse on Wed, a day after I get home from my road trip then start on Friday. I'm on the fence about doing the SWF because it's never worked for me before. I need to figure out the ideal time to take the tea as I have 1 hr commute in the mornings so I'll need to go before then.

I'll post the weight stats when I get home. I will also be doing the 30 Day Shred workout concurrently. I'm tired of feeling so unhealthy and I need to jump start my life.

Post subject: Re: Giving it another go after so long.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 am 

Hey GurlRDX! Glad to see you--I'm here! Will be here through 10/5!

I have had issues in the past with the SWF too—either it not seeming to work, or a few times it caused me to vomit. Yuck. Now I do the tea in the mornings and evenings, sounds like you do too. I try to time out my tea steep so I get the results without all the cramps. And timing is crucial--you are right you don't want to get stuck far from a bathroom...

One word of caution would be to be moderate with your exercise on the cleanse. I know some people still exercise but I'd suggest something lower intensity than 30 Day Shred. I normally do a high intensity cardio/weights class 4 or 5 times a week and there is no way in hell I could do it on the cleanse--I'd get light headed in the first 10 minutes. Just something to think about so you don't set yourself up for disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm 

Hello GurlRDX - I'm right here with you and katielemons. So will you be starting this Friday on 9/29?

I completely understand about starting and stopping. I've done it so many times. My longest cleanse was 21 days but that was several years ago.

On the SWF, do you drink a lot of water afterwards? I found that if I don't drink another (at least) 32 oz of water after the SWF my BM doesn't cooperate as well. I visualize filling my stomach up with water so it's forced to push it all out. I think once you start on the cleanse you will feel so much clearer emotionally and physically. When I did my 21 day cleanse - there was almost a spiritual kind of elevation I felt...or maybe I was just deliriously hungry LOL, but I actually wasn't hungry at all. Sometimes I would have to force myself to drink the lemonade.

Well, I just wanted to let you know you have another added to your cheering section...10/14 will be YOUR day...you deserve to feel good about yourself when you see your old friends. (whether you do the cleanse or not) I can say for sure that if you do complete what you set out there - you will feel so accomplished, light, and clear.

Best of luck to you :D

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:50 pm 

Hello Lemony and thank you! Yes, my official start date is 9/29. I started cutting back on eating on Tuesday. I attempted to start today but needed coffee to get thru work...Fortunately I'll be off work Fri- Tue so I can at least rest to avoid giving into food and also figure the perfect time to take the tea. I do have to drop and pick up my son from school so I don't want to have to go within those windows.

As for the SWF, I'm thinking of taking tea instead like Katie is doing. I barely drink enough water on a good day. I've thrown up when I've tried the SWF and I don't see myself drinking more eater after the SWF. All in all I'd be happy to lose at least 10 lbs before 10/14. Then maybe do an extended cleanse to get me to my ideal weight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:41 am 

Happy 1st day to you GurlRDX...or if you pushed it off...then happy 1st day-eve LOL. I totally get that either way.

We are here rooting for you. You can totally do this. I haven't posted my update yet but I'm on my 5th day and I've lost 6lbs. I'm happy with that even though I had hoped for 15 lbs by the end of 10..but knowing I was at a stall for so long - this makes me happy and I'll have my event the weekend of 10/7 and then back to clean eating. I would love one day to complete a 40 day..but I don't foresee that any time soon. I did find my old posts on here when I did my 21 what it looks like I cut off the posting after day 17 or 19..I think something was going on during that time...

Life happens and we just have to keep that in mind and be easy on ourselves when we do the MC. We do it with the best intentions to be kind to our body by giving it a nice spring cleaning...

Look forward to hearing how your journey is going

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:54 am 

Thanks Lemony! Yesterday didn't go so well but I'll start posting the missed days until I get it right. And then I can extend to make it to cover those days and have an adjusted 10 days...LOL. otherwise if I wait until I so it right to post I may lose steam.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 am 

Day 1
It had me almost throwing in the towel. I batch cooked some stew and coconut rice for my son and I had more than a couple of bites to taste. I was tempted to fix myself a plate but I persevered, even though I did snack a lot during the cooking process. What sealed the deal for me was the headache I had that evening. I knew it was the cleanse starting to kick in and I didn't want to sabotage myself.

SW: 158
GW: 145
UGW: 135

Day 2
Wasn't so bad. I had the tea in the AM. I did visit a friend to get my hair done and the TV food commercials that were back to back almost did me in but I didn't cave. My friend and I checked our BMIs and it was disheartening to see I was about 18 lbs overweight for my height. I'll have to remind myself this when I'm tempted to quit or sabotage myself. I had a slight headache in the evening but nothing like the first day. I did go but it was very hard so I don't know if it was the tea working. I had some more tea before bed.

Day 3
I just woke up and am cramping from the tea. My stomach is almost rumbling. I need to go buy some more lemon today and not exert myself too much. My son has been asking to eat some of my lemons, he even asked to have them for breakfast right now. I've lost 1lb/day so am hoping to keep this is up. If I can get close to mid 140s by the end of the cleanse I'd be golden. I plan to do the Green Smoothie cleanse after in order to make it to the low 140s before I start back on eating again.

CW: 156

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 pm 

You're doing great! Way to go!

I'm on Day 3 too. :)

I know what you mean about your stomach cramping still from the tea. This morning I was doing the SWF and I thought of all the other people all over the world who might also be sucking it up and doing the SWF. I felt much less lonely!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:27 pm 

Thanks Abbey Lee!

I haven't been brave enough yet to try the SWF. It's never worked for me and I'd end up feeling waterlogged all day. The cramping from the tea was really bad today so I'm going to stick with his the evenings for now.

I botched day 3.... hazards of having to fix food for my son and it being TOM I barely had any self control. I'm still going to keep on and go till the 13th to make up for the botched day 1 &3. Ugh... it's hard thinking about food all day and this weekend was extremely rough. I'm hoping it'll be easier during the week.

Keep chugging along!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:52 am 

Day 4
I miss food! Yesterday wasn't too bad, I was busy organizing and purging my garage. I did get a slight headache before bedtime but it went away. I decided to take Mag07 instead of the tea, it is much more gentle to my stomach and more effective than the tea from my experience. I also drank the lemonade hot as I found am able to stand the taste more. I've lost 6 lbs so far... most of it is water weight since I haven't lost inches yet. Hoping to be in the low 140s before I break the cleanse so if I do gain 5 lbs back I'll still be in the 140s.

CW: 152