Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 30 of a 40+ Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 am 

Day 9 and Day 10 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 10 Post Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 9 and Day 10:-

• 1 litre hot water and 1/2 squeezed lemon & pinch of pink Himalayan salt
• 100mls aloe vera juice & 1tsp psyllium husk powder
• wheatgrass shot
• green juice (cucumber, celery, spinach, fennel & lemon)
• Orange juice
• Homemade vegetable soup (broccoli, tomato, miso paste, celery, watercress, red pepper, cauliflower, leeks, parsley and some spices)
• lemonade (made with 1tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp lemon juice, cayenne)
• 100mls aloe Vera juice & 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
• leftover vegetable soup from lunchtime
• Nighttime tea (lavender, chamomile, rose & holy basil)
• 50billion probiotic, digestive enzyme capsule
• About 1 litre extra water
Total calories: 600

I also did 10,000 steps and at home workout dvd.

See you in a few days

Bye x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm 

Day 11 and Day 12 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 12 Post Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 11 and Day 12. It’s much the same as days 9 and 10 but just more calories really:-

• 100mls aloe vera juice & 1tsp psyllium husk powder
• wheatgrass shot
• green juice (cucumber, celery, spinach, fennel & lemon)
• Orange juice
• Homemade vegetable soup (broccoli, carrot, aubergine, miso paste, celery, orange bell pepper, cauliflower, parsley and some spices)
• lemonade (made with 1tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp lemon juice, cayenne)
• 100mls aloe Vera juice & 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
• leftover vegetable soup from lunchtime
• 50billion probiotic, digestive enzyme capsule
Total calories: 650

I also did 10,000 steps and at home workout dvd.

I’m definitely looking forward to having more variety in a couple of days and having some raw whole fruit and veg. My digestion has been good so I think going slowly has been a good idea, but I’m ready to start eating properly and not just having liquid style food (soups, smoothies, juices). I want to crunch and chew some food! I think at the start of next week I’m going to add in some rice and maybe beans and lentils, sauerkraut and crudités. I was originally going to wait a while longer, but I feel that I’ll be ready to introduce these foods and I’m looking forward to eating a broader range of foods.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

Bye x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:38 am 

Day 13 and Day 14 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 14 Post Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 11 and Day 12:-

• green smoothie (blueberries, cucumber, celery, spinach, orange, wheatgrass powder)
• Homemade vegetable soup (broccoli, cauliflower, leek, carrot, celery, miso soup, turmeric)
• Homemade vegetable soup (carrot, butternut squash, ginger & garlic, veg stock)
• 50billion probiotic, digestive enzyme capsule, multivitamin
Total calories: 700

I also did 10,000 steps and yoga.

I’m away from home seeing family this weekend, so not having my usual things, but sticking to mainly fruit and veg (smoothies, soups).

Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

Bye x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 am 

Day 15 and Day 16 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 16 Post Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 15 and Day 16:-

• green smoothie (raspberries, cucumber, celery, spinach, orange, wheatgrass powder)
• Homemade vegetable soup (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, red bell pepper, miso paste, fresh parsley)
• Homemade vegetable soup (carrot, butternut squash, celery, ginger & garlic, veg stock)
• Dried apple crisps
Total calories: 750

I also did 10,000 steps and dvd workout.

I’m still away from home at the moment, but heading back tomorrow. It’s been lovely being with family but it has definitely tested my willpower being around all the yummy treats and indulgences for Easter. I’ll be pleased to get back to my own home to escape all the treats. I’ve stuck to the simple way of eating and have managed with lots of smoothies and soups and some dried fruit.

I’ll weigh in on Wednesday to see how I’m getting on.

Bye x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:51 am 

Day 17 and Day 18 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 18 Post Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 17 and Day 18:-

• Fresh mango
• Homemade vegetable soup (sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, ginger, garlic and miso paste)
• Homemade vegetable soup (same as at lunch)
• Sauerkraut
Total calories: 800

I had a big bowl of fresh mango for breakfast on both days and it truly felt like the best thing I’ve ever eaten! It was so sweet and juicy and delicious. I loved it! The sauerkraut in the afternoon was for gut health, but I actually have always liked the taste of it, so this was nice to have for variety.

I weighed in this morning and I’m exactly the same as I was at my last weigh in. So there’s good and bad (good that I have been eating larger quantities of food and I haven’t gained weight. Bad that I am still on a low calorie intake and I haven’t lost weight). It will be interesting to see how my weight changes over the next week and a half when I complete the “breaking the fast” stage and carry on increasing my calories by 50 every two days.

Here are my stats:

Start weight: 12 stone (168)
Weight after the MC: 8 stone 13.5 pounds (125.5 pounds)
Current weight: 8 stone 8 pounds (120 pounds)
Goal weight: 8 stone (112 pounds)

Bye x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:38 am 

Day 19 and Day 20 Post Cleanse

Hello. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 19 and Day 20:-

• Açai bowl (frozen banana, blueberries, açai powder, wheatgrass powder, psyllium husk, aloe Vera juice, rainbow chard, all blended in my nutribullet and topped with some goji berries)
• Homemade vegetable soup (leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, vegetable stock, miso paste, mixed herbs)
• Sauerkraut and avocado
• 50billion probiotic, digestive enzyme capsule, multivitamin, B complex
Total calories: 850

I loved the açai bowl, it was delicious and satisfying. As you can see, I’m still taking it very slowly and introducing new foods every couple of days, as well as still increasing my calories slowly. It will be a slow process to get back up to 2000cals but I really feel that it’s worth it to do it properly so that I don’t undo all the good I’ve done up until now. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.

I will do another weigh in this weekend as it will be 3 weeks Post Cleanse, so it will be interesting to see how I’m doing with that.

Bye x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:52 pm 

Day 21 and Day 22 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s been officially 3 weeks since I ended the Master Cleanse. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 21 and Day 22:-

• Acai bowl
• Homemade vegetable soup (leek, cauliflower, broccoli, watercress, garlic, parsley, miso paste)
• Sauerkraut, avocado, cucumber and tomato salad with apple cider vinegar and maple syrup dressing
Total calories: 900

The avocado was so creamy and delicious! I could’ve eaten ten of them! I’m also noticing that the more I eat the more I want to eat, so it has definitely been a test of my willpower not to just immediately up my calories to a normal amount. I know it’s not the right thing for my body, so I just need to persevere adding in more calories slowly.

I weighed in and I’ve lost another 2 pounds, so it’s all heading in the right direction. :D
Here are my stats:

Current weight: 8 stone 6 pounds (118 pounds)

Bye x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:21 am 

Day 23 and Day 24 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s the evening of Day 24 Post Cleanse and I’ve only got the rest of this week to do and I can start adding in some more foods, like seeds, nuts, legumes, grains, etc and it will certainly make my eating more flexible and less restrictive. But for now, I’m sticking to my fruit and veg. Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 2 days. It was the same on both Day 23 and Day 24:-

• Acai bowl
• Homemade vegetable soup (roasted veg - sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, red onion, peppers, butternut squash, ginger, paprika, vegetable stock)
• Sauerkraut, avocado, cucumber and tomato salad with apple cider vinegar and maple syrup dressing
• Lemonade
Total calories: 950

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.
Bye x

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:06 am 

Days 25, 26, 27 and Day 28 Post Cleanse

Hello. It’s officially been 4 weeks since I ended the Master Cleanse and I have completed Part 1 of my Post Cleanse Plan. The last few days have been very busy, but I’m so pleased that I completed that first part. Onwards and upwards now.

Food wise, it was more of the same but I did add in some medjool dates (heaven!!) with breakfast. I’ve been feeling REALLY hungry all week so it has really been a challenge not to overeat and to stick to my calorie allowance and my simple fruit & veg diet.

Here’s a quick run through of what I’ve had for the last 4 days. It was more or less the same on each day.

• Smoothie (berries, açai, wheatgrass powder, psyllium husk, aloe Vera juice, rainbow chard). Plus 6 medjool dates.
• Homemade vegetable soup for lunch (with varying types of veg each day)
• Homemade vegetable soup for dinner
• Sauerkraut, avocado, cucumber and tomato salad
• Lemonade
Total calories: 1000 on days 25 and 26, 1050 on days 27 and 28.

I weighed in and I’ve lost another 2 pounds, so I’m absolutely thrilled with this.
Here are my stats:

Current weight: 8 stone 4 pounds (116 pounds)

So I just have another 4 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I’ve lost another 2 inches off my waist in the last 4 weeks too, making a total of 13 inches lost off my waist :D

I’m planning on increasing my calories by 50 EVERY day instead of every 2 days as I feel that my body is ready for more calories and this will help with my hunger levels. I’m also really looking forward to adding in more variety to my diet, both for the physical health benefits to my body, but also mentally it will make things so much easier and less of a challenge if my diet isn’t so restrictive. I’m looking forward to cooking lentil and chickpea curries, having porridge with nut milk and nut butters, and just generally being more sociable around food.

The last four weeks have been good, but I’ve definitely found the hunger a challenge. When you’re on the MC you don’t really feel hungry (well certainly not after the first few days), so in some me ways this phase has been more difficult than the cleanse. But I am super proud of myself for not giving in to any bingeing and for sticking to the plan I’d laid out for myself.

I’m looking forward to doing Part 2 Post Cleanse and getting to my goal weight too.

I think I’ll check in once a week to update you and keep myself accountable too whilst doing Part 2.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Bye x

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am 

Hello,

It’s been a week since I started Part 2 of my post cleanse plan. I’ve increased my calories by 50 every day and I’m now on 1300 calories today. I’ve added in some fish, bone broth and some brown rice, coconut oil and almond milk. I’m starting to feel more satisfied with my meals and I’m finding the flexibility such a bonus. I’ll carry on increasing my calories and adding in more new foods.

Weight wise I’ve stayed the same, so I’ve still got a few pounds to go to get to my ultimate goal weight, but I think I will get there over the next month or so.

Hope you all have a great week.

Bye x

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 am 

Wow, Peppermint, this is amongst the most complete and informative MC blogs I've ever read!

Well done on completing such a massive Cleanse!

I am teetering on the brink of doing another cleanse, myself. I have done (and posted here) a lot of MC diaries, and your writing is very inspiring. Might be the time, again, for me.

Thanks for putting in those bits about the nightly baths and about skin brushing. Even though these are not an essential part of the MC, they will only enhance what a cleanser is doing. It may even help hasten along those periods of draining toxins, which are not the fun days.

Really, really hearty congratulations on losing the weight, on encouraging yourself to go on each day (and well beyond your original target completion date), and on putting an end to the depression and low energy!

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Bali Lemon

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 pm 

Bali Lemon - Hi, it’s so nice to hear from you and thank you very much for your encouraging words. It’s lovely to know that you’ve read my random ramblings and found it helpful.

I’m still keeping up with my post cleanse programme, and will post an update next. Post cleanse is definitely a test of long term will power, that’s for sure, but I am so happy that I have persisted and will carry on.

That’s great to hear you’re starting another cleanse. I look forward to reading about it and cheering you on.

I think this site has definitely lost its popularity, so don’t get disheartened if you don’t hear from others (I didn’t hear anything until your post this week), just stick with it and the rewards will come.

Thank you again :D

Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 am 

Hello Peppermint, WOW! I don’t even know where to begin...

I always thought I was a real expert at the MC. In 2006, when I did my first MC, I wrote a pretty extensive MC resource/experience guide which has been the very first post (Dan made it a “sticky”) in the General Questions on this website ever since (I can’t believe it’s been 13 years)! However, I am now humbled by you, your success, the depth of your knowledge and the well documented experiences/insights that you shared. Above all I am in awe of the mental strength that you had to not just complete a 60 day MC but to follow your own carefully constructed post-cleanse plan. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I have done at least 1 and usually 2-3 MCs each year since 2006. Mostly for 14-20 days, the longest being 25. My minimum is 10 days but that never seems quite long enough. I went on this forum quite a few times during those years/cleanses but, especially in the last few years, there is practically no one else on here now. BTW, in 2006 there were many, many active cleansers on this site at a time; sadly no more. It always helped give me mental strength to post and have people respond but I basically gave up last year as I (like you) was just posting to myself as basically a diary.

I’m finishing the dreaded Day 3 today of a new MC, feeling the usual misery of the beginning days and thought “I’ll just take a look” in case someone was on here. What a joy to have found and read your journey! It’s given me huge inspiration and as a result of reading it, I will now aim for at least 30 days with a MUCH longer, more careful, post-MC plan to go slowly like you did. Thanks for the detailed road map of how to do that! I want/need to lose 14lbs and more than 20lbs would not be healthy for me so I will just have to adjust the number of days when I get there.

You are so amazing!!! To have gone 60 days and lost over 40lbs on the MC and then made it very close to your goal of 112lbs through your post-cleanse plan. Wow, wow, wow!!! Congratulations to my new MC hero and the one who has clearly surpassed me as the ultimate MC expert. I hope you come back on here to see this reply and to give an update on your continued post-cleanse success...

Steven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 pm 

Hi Steven! Thank you so much for your kind and inspiring words.
I’m sorry for the slow response, I don’t get notifications when someone posts in the thread, so I hadn’t been on the site for a little while. I’m so pleased you enjoyed my diary entries. They kept me accountable and will be a good source of reference when I come to do my next cleanse in the future.

Oh wow, you really are an MC expert. I’ve probably read and re-read your posts over the years. So thank you to you too for sharing your experiences and expertise.

Well done on making it to day 3 - those first few days are make or break (believe me, I’ve tried so many day 1s I’ve lost count!). You must be making real progress by now. What day are you on now? How are you feeling?

It’s a shame that the MC had lost its popularity as I think being on this forum and cheering people on is what contributes to a successful cleanse. So thank you for coming on here and letting me know that there are still people doing this.

I have continued to keep up with my post cleanse plan and I have now reached my goal of 8st (112lbs). I know the toughest part will be keeping off the weight I’ve lost, but I’m hoping that the last few months will have really made the difference. I know it’s a mental game rather than a physical one, so I’m hopeful that my mindset has changed enough for this to be a long term achievement.

Good luck with your cleansing journey.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 am 

Hi Peppermint,

So happy to hear from you! Huge congratulations on getting to 8st. Such an achievement! You’ve show great willpower and focus. Yes, the hardest part is keeping healthy and at you target weight after finishing, even after finishing your post cleanse plan, but I just know you can do it! Anyone who can go for 60 days and drop over 40lbs. (nobody I know other than you) has proven they’ve the real deal! BTW, are you back into “normal eating” yet?

I’m on day 9 and feeling good. Planning for 21+ It would be great to get support from others while on this MC but alas it seems that it’s just us two “old timers” on here right now so I’m not even posting.

Yesterday was a difficult day. Lots of toxins leaving I guess. I felt bad all day, very low energy, hours of food fantasies and that little voice working against my willpower. So for inspiration I reread you’re entire journey and it really helped me a lot! Thank you!!!

I’ll check back in a few days in case you came back on again. So proud of you...