Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Birdy's End of Summer Cleanse, 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:19 am 

Will be starting my cleanse on Wednesday... anybody else? Doesn't look like there's been a lot of activity on here lately, but hopefully somebody else will be starting this week as well. It would be nice to have somebody to share the pain... lol.

Today I'm gathering my supplies so I will be all ready to go. I usually do 9 days, and find that's a good number for me. It's ample time to reset my mind about food, and gives my body the rest it deserves. It's been a year since I've done a cleanse, so I'm waaayyyy past due.

I usually don't ease it, but I definately do ease out with vegetable soup. Which really doesn't even sound good right now; however, in 9 days it will be all I can think about, ha.

Has anybody else only used the Smooth Move Tea at night and not used the salt-water flush in the am? I know you're supposed to do both, but I dread the SWF so much and want to throw up just thinking about it.

I sure do enjoy using this post along my cleanse journey. Even though there hasn't been much activity lately, I'm grateful for it, and it's an excellent way to start your cleaning day and get everything off your chest and discuss and sort out the good and the bad.

Well, I will be back on Wednesday, and will post my weight stats and goals then...

Birdy

Post subject: Re: Birdy's End of Summer Cleanse, 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:28 am 

DAY 1

Really not much to report this morning, as I'm just getting started.

Actually, I've been looking forward to the cleanse this time around. I'm looking forward to giving my body a good, long rest from the inside out. This summer my kids and I ran the BIX Roadrace, then a couple days later, my daughter-in-law and I spent a week in Montana and did a 4-day, Level 4 backpacking trip in Yellowstone. We just got home a week ago. It was beautiful trip, a difficult hike, and a carb-laden one. And my body is tired and overworked.

I do plan to do some sort of very mild exercise each day... walking, stretching, etc. Just 20-30 minutes or so.

Today's Quote: "Healthy Self... Heal Thy Self."

Well, here are my starting stats...

CW: 135 lbs
GW: 125 lbs.
WL: 0 lbs.

Birdy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 am 

DAY 2

2.8 pounds down this morning!! Yahoo!!

Feeling sluggish this morning. The tiredness started last night at work, and it was difficult driving an hour home at midnight.

Once again, I'm having trouble getting all the juice in. Yesterday I barely got 7 glasses of juice in. What I've done in the past and might have to do again is make a concentrated version of the juice in my jug, so all the necessary calories/nutrition will still be in there.

Tiredness aside, I feel very good otherwise!

Today I have to donate blood at the bloodmobile before work. It always seems to happen during my cleanse, lol. At least it's at the beginning of my cleanse and not at the end.

Today's quote, "If it's important to you you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse."

SW: 135
CW: 132.2
GW: 125
PL: 2.8

Have a very nice day!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:00 am 

DAY 3

Another pound down this morning!! I forgot how rapid the weight falls off at first... what a joy to watch.

I gave blood at the Red Cross yesterday and, boy, it knocked me out. I was lethargic for the whole night at work and I had to work until midnight. I was so dizzy and flushed. I almost felt feverish, and at one point was almost sick to my stomach I don't think I was a very good co-worker last night. So I wouldn't recommend donating blood during this fast, lol.

I feel better this morning, but my energy level is still at about a 4. Think I'm gonna just take it easy before work today. Maybe even take a small nap.

Other than the tiredness, I feel very good and it's been a really good and productive cleanse so far. Only 7 more days!! I'm feeling confident I will see the mid 120's by the end.

I did make my jug of lemonade that I took to work a little stronger than normal yesterday to get in all the juice and the syrup. That worked. I feel much better knowing I'm getting all the nutrition I need for the day, and I'm going to do that again today. One thing I am going to try today is to drink more water in between lemonades.

Today's quote: "Make today a day you're proud of!"

CW: 131
PL: 4

Have a great cleansing day!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:25 am 

DAY 4

No weightless this morning. Booooo!!

But on a brighter note, I feel pretty good!! My energy level is up, albeit very slightly. I would give it a 5. I am getting in all of my juice each day, which is great, and something I usually can't do. I could work on my water intake, though.

I'm going to try and go for a short run after work today. Maybe 2-3 miles.... not far, but just something to maintain my muscles. We'll see how that goes.

Today's quote: "If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit."

CW: 131
PL: 4

Do good things today!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:52 am 

DAY 5

Almost another pound down this morning!

I seem to be struggling with a very low energy level during this cleanse. Yesterday I started out so good and as the day wore on my energy level lowered and lowered. I totally skipped my run after work and just came on home. This morning my energy level is still very low. I suppose this is nothing new, I simply forget how low the energy level gets during this cleanse. It's VERY low. I'm getting in all my juice each day, so go figure.

I work today, but then I have the next 2 days off work, so I plan to do 20-30 minutes of exercise each day, and I have a big home project to finally complete, so I plan to stay busy, but also take a great big fat NAP each day.

Today's quote: "Your body can stand about anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

CW: 130.1
PL: 4.9

Have a great Sunday!!
Birdy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:03 am 

DAY 6

Talk about a good morning...... I passed the half-way point!! Yayyyy!! Time for some much-needed downhill motivation. And I'm another pound down this morning!! Hooray!! And I have today and tomorrow off work!! Yahooooo!!

My energy level is still extremely low, but I am getting through it. I was reading Peppermint's journey last night and I don't know how in the world she did 60 days. That was an amazing feat, and she stayed true to the fast and had incredible weightloss. She's my Master Cleanse Hero.

So at work last night I past by a vending machine and I stopped and looked at it for a minute. Not that I was going to buy anything; I was just curious to see, if I could have anything I wanted out of there, what would it be? Would it be sugary or salty? I was definately leaning towards the salty options.

Got off work at 7:00 last night, and stopped by the grocery store to pick up some non-iodized salt. While I was there, I got some fried chicken and baked beans to take home to my husband. You should have smelled my car the whole way home. OMG. It was heaven. I actually felt like I was eating it it smelled so good. Do I sound like a crazy person??

Well, gonna go finish my upstairs house project and take a big, fat nap!!

Today's quote, "If you aim at nothing, you will reach it every time."

CW: 129
PL: 6!!

Love, Birdy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:58 pm 

Thanks for doing this journal, it's comforting to see your day 2-3s where you were lethargic. I'm tired as hell as well and i've been looking for ways to postpone everything that i have to do including official life admin stuff that has a deadline. I'm really thinking of 'maybe i should fit in an espresso?' to get more productive

Did you do anything specifically that increased your energy?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:25 am 

DAY 7

Had a pound weight GAIN this morning. It's a bit discouraging, but I'm not really worried about it. It's probably from not drinking ENOUGH lemonades actually, or water weight or something, because I haven't deviated.

People who do the Master Cleanse always talk about how good their skin feels and I now know exactly what they're talking about. My skin feels amazing! It's dewey and soft. My face almost doesn't even need moisturizer. I do, however, have dark circles under my eyes. I'm still fighting with the low energy.

Well, even though I have today off, it's completely filled with appointments and errands, so I need to run.

Today's quote: "You are what you do, not what you say you'll do."

CW: 130
PL: 5

Birdy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 am 

DAY 8

Still holding on to that pound. But I feel very bloated, so I'm sure it's water weight from that stupid SWF. I hate it so much. And I have a headache.

Not much to report this morning, other than being a big fat downer. I'm discouraged about working so hard on this cleanse and not seeing the scale budge for 2 mornings now. Urrghhh!!

Off to work for 3 days, then I have a 4-day weekend during my ease-off. I'm making "Hearty Vegetable Soup" and "Cauliflower Chowder" on Saturday to get me through my ease off. The Cauliflower Chowder is a good recipe... you make it just like potato soup, only substitute a head of cauliflower for the potatoes. And you can add some crispy bacon to it.

Today's quote: "If you don't like where you are, move... you're not a tree." It's such a snobby quote, so it matches my morning mood, ha ha.

CW: 130
PL: 5

Birdy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 am 

DAY 9

The scale is finally starting to budge again, although very slightly. Only 0.2 lbs down, but it is down and not up. Still holding on to a lot of bloat for some reason.

My energy level seems a little better this morning. I slept HARD last night!!

Nothing new to report today!

CW: 129.8
PL: 5.2

Birdy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:12 am 

DAY 10

I did it!! Super excited to reach the end!!

I'm ready to chew!

When I get off work tonight, I'm going to the grocery store and get the supplies to make Cauliflower Chowder with Bacon. I'm sure the first couple bowls I eat, I'll try to do more broth and add more and more vegetables later on.

After the ease-in, I plan to do Intermittent Fasting. It seems to work well for me and for my crazy 2nd shift schedule. I only eat in a window from 11:00a-6:00p. I'll keep posting for a few days, and we'll see how it goes and what happens with the weight loss and the transition.

Today's quote: "If they say it's impossible, it's impossible for them, not for you."

CW: 129
PL: 6

Love, Birdy