[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Marsha's Cleanse Journal

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Marsha's Cleanse Journal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:55 pm 

Hello fellow Master Cleansers -

I am starting a Master Cleanse tomorrow (Sunday 9/20) and want to journal my stats and thoughts throughout the process. I find that journaling helps me a lot. And the support on this forum is so great. I'm doing this cleanse both for weight loss and detoxification - a fresh start, so to speak.

I'm off to have my laxative tea before bed and will write more tomorrow - Day 1. If anyone else is interested in being MC buddies, let me know - would love to team up and keep each other going during the tough times!

Take care,
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:39 pm 

Day 1 - 9/20/2009
Starting weight: 138.5
Today's weight: 138.5
Starting waist meas: 31.25 inches
Tody's waist meas: 31.25 inches
Goal weight: ~110 to 120
Pounds lost: 0
Pounds to go: 18.5 +
Exercise: none

I'm finishing up Day 1. It was fine - as usualy Day 1 is when I'm still motivated and have the memory of just eating yesterday :)

I did the salt water flush today and it was VERY effective. I plan to do it about every 3 days - and wanted to do it on Day 1 for a good start to the cleanse. I usually use 1 Tbsp., but for some reason today I put in 3 Tbps (thinking 3 tsp and totally messing that up!). Of course realized the mistake right away and remade the mixture.

I only had 4 lemonades. I usually shoot for 6 (or more if I'm hungry or feeling like it). I slept late today - and also took a nap - so I just didn't have time to get 6 glasses in.

My goal is stay motivated and stay on the cleanse until I get to my goal. Enough getting close but not quite... if I don't do this now, when will I? The time is now!! I'm 37 years old, single (divorced a few years ago), just moved to New York City - and I want to enjoy all there is here - and not be feeling frumpy, unhealthy, unattractive.

Please wish me the strength to get there. And I'm happy to return the favor :)

Goodnight,
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 am 

Good luck on your cleanse Marsha. I too started yesterday 9/20. Should be fun cleansing together.

- Every day of success is a result of an act of determination and belief

http://www.mastercleanser.com/forum/vie ... highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:33 am 

[/url]

www.cyndeeleerule.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 pm 

Loose 30 pounds - nice to meet you virtually - I'll look up your thread and stay in touch for moral support :)

ViolinCyndee - Thanks for the note about the salt water flush. Stanley Burroughs writes in his original MC book that you take laxative tea in the morning and in the evening. He writes in a separate section of his book that the SWF is an additional cleansing method. Different books written after Standley Burroughs created the cleanse say different things. Peter Glickman, for instance, says you should definitely do the SWF every day. Others who have written books about the MC don't say that. These are interpretations of the original book by Stanley Burroughs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm 

[/url]

www.cyndeeleerule.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:58 pm 

Day 2 - 9/21/2009
Today's weight: 137.5 (down 1 pound)
Tody's waist meas: ? inches
Pounds lost: 1
Pounds to go: 17.5 +

Today I have been very headachy and irritable. I'm used to this happening during the first few days - I've done several other MCs in the past - my longest was 20 days. I don't like the general sucky feeling, but on the flip side, I haven't been having strong food cravings so that is nice :) I ended up napping when I got home from work which helped a little.

I find the cleanse process interesting because you can't turn to food to cover up emotions. You are basically forced to find another way to deal with your emotions - hopefully a more constructive way. I am going to try to meditate, go for a run or walk, or something like that. Just take a step back and remember that food is not the answer.

I just love the idea of cleansing my system of all of the junk that I've put into it, and resetting my appetite for pure, nutritious foods, and dealing with emotional eating issues, etc. This is the promise of the cleanse that keeps me going.

Best to everyone.
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm 

Day 3 - 9/22/2009
Today's weight: 134.5 (down 3 pounds)
Tody's waist meas: 30.25 inches
Pounds lost: 4
Pounds to go: 14.5 +

Today was pretty smooth. Not too many food cravings, my energy is back, and my initial headache that I get when I start a cleanse has passed. I took a nice walk around NYC tonight - it's a beautiful night! Was very enjoyable.

I find that avoiding cravings is easy when I don't go out and have temptation and smells right in my face. During the cleanse, I like to be stay in as much as I can so I can keep my focus. I will probably avoid dinners, lunches and things like that during the cleanse. It's hard to go and just sit there while others are eating - awkward I think. And I really don't tell others what I am doing because I've gotten negative feedback and really don't want to have to deal with that. So I just try not to think about food and basically avoid a lot of social situations while I'm on the cleanse. Kind of lonely maybe, but I think the cleanse is worth it for the benefits to come. :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Much peace,
Marsha

Post subject: Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:20 am 

Hi Marsha,
We're almost on the same schedule but I'm 12 hours ahead at the end of day 3. I know what you mean about not explaining to people. I am in Asia and that would be doubly awkward! I'm glad to hear that it will be worth it in the end. I am in a new neighborhood with all kinds of new exciting foods to try, so I am mostly hiding at home. It has been a little tough. Thanks for your posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 am 

My MCs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8618

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:01 pm 

Sadietheferret - Very cool that we are on the same day - I'm here for moral support if you need it :) Where are you in Asia? I lived in Tokyo for about 5 years and loved it. Hiding at home isn't too fun, but I'm trying to keep my eye on the goal and not get sidetracked. I don't want to eat in moment of weakness and regret it later. I figure if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right.

Jannadami - Thanks for the well wishes. Are you doing a juice fast or something? Are you doing SWF? Or enema? I don't like doing the SWF, but it seems more natural than doing an enema. I mean, you don't see chimpanzees doing enemas :) Well, you don't see them doing a SWF either, but then again, they aren't eating crap and needing to cleanse. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:31 pm 

Day 4 - 9/23/2009
Today's weight: 133.0 (down 1.5 pounds)
Tody's waist meas: ?
Pounds lost: 5.5
Pounds to go: 13.0 +

I'm staying strong and Day 4 hasn't been too bad. I'm still staying in as much as possible and trying to get through the days without thinking too much. The weight is coming off nicely, but surely a lot of water, of course. Either way, it needed to go :) I don't think it's possible to lose that much fat in 3 days unless you are really burning a LOT of calories.

I was watching The Biggest Loser last night - the women on the show eat 1200 cals/day and burn 6000/day. That is so crazy. I guess they spend about 5 hours in the gym daily. And I know they are doing low intensity, low impact stuff for the majority of the time just to get the calorie burn in. Then the stuff they show on TV is the really intense workout portion - more drama in that :) I was thinking I may add some long slow runs to my routine. I've done that in the past on the cleanse - like a long slow 90 minute run. It does really help boost the weight off, I think. We'll see - these first few days are really just focusing on getting through and not much more.

Well, wish me luck on Day 5. And take care!

Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:45 pm 

Hi MM ! Day 5 ~ yay ! It is so good to get past the 3 days isnt it ! I am now on day 10 and am being guided to keep going. I was only going to originally do 11 days but am not happy with only a 3 pound weight loss when I have about 18 pounds to lose as well ! Am jealous of your lucky loss so far ! Yay for you ! I just cannot believe it is even possible when I have been very active everyday, doing the epsom salt baths, SWF everyday and pretty focused as a whole ! Mind you I only ever get to drink between 5 and 8 LAs a day, have no idea if this would make a difference, never the less when you are overweight, not eating and doing exercise you should be losing a good portion of weight ???? The last time I did the cleanse I was losing between 1-2 pounds a day ! Have NO IDEA what has happened this cleanse !

I also lived in Japan, Nagoya for 4 years from 2000-2004. I have since had 2 beautiful girls and unfortunately a husband that has left when my 2nd was only 6mths old , hence a very big reason for cleanse, detoxing anger ! and boy did this detox in the first 5 days ! I am now working very hard on becoming a more "happy" not a "snappy" mum and I have seen this evolving on the last 3 days.

Behind you 100% and also love the challenge that the cleanse brings to you emotionally by not turning to food, alcohol, cigs etc ! I have since given up smoking as well ~ I was only smoking minimal but was still something I did not want to do at all so am feeling great about that !

Keep hanging in there !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:13 pm 

Hi MM and folks,
I am in Taiwan (not easy to find maple syrup here LOL). The hardest part is that food is everywhere here! Back home I wouldn't be tempted so much but here the streets are literally lined with snack shops and stalls. I love Taiwan, but I always want to try all the little snacks. I just moved to the city of Tainan which has the reputation for having the best food in the country and here I am hiding in my apt drinking lemonade hahaha! Started day 4 with a nice swim, now SWF and a shower. I am feeling pretty good right now so maybe I'm on the uphill :) Had lost some weight then gained back 1.5 due to lady issues I think but I'm not really concerned. I'll post the stats at the end :)
Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:01 pm 

Deespath - I had the exact same experience of losing weight slowly on a cleanse. The first one I did, I lost about 1 pound or more a day. Then I did a 20 day one this spring and the weight just inched off. Not sure why our bodies differ from time to time like that. Very curious. On a positive note, I think that if the weight is coming off more slowly, it will stay off more easily. That is what I have found anyway. BTw - I shoot for 6 to 7 glasses of lemonade a day.

Congratulations on Day 10 - you are very strong! My Day 5 was super busy so I wasn't thinking about the cleanse much, but I do have to admit that I am getting more tempted for food and stuff now. I usually do well on the first days, and then need more willpower to hang in there through the later days. I am trying to convince myself to stay on the cleanse no matter what until I reach 119 pounds. I've done a 20 day cleanse before so imagine I could do that long again, even if not very enjoyable. I just wonder how long it will take me to get to that weight. Obviously no idea so I'll just take it one day at a time.

And how cool that you also lived in Japan! I visited Nagoya - but only briefly. I was in Tokyo. I was there from 1993 to 1998. Sorry to hear about your husband. I was married to a Japanese man and we are now divorced. We moved to the US in 1998 and things started to unravel. Anyway, I hope that this cleanse will bring you much peace. Thank you for the support and let's stay in touch. I know I will need some encouragement to not throw in the towel in the next few days.

Sadietheferret - Taiwan - how cool! I've never been - but I can imagine the dilemma with food all around you. Great job on sticking to this despite all of the temptation. I have gained water weight during "lady time" as well - and I've noticed that the SWF sometimes causes me to retain water as well. So I, like you, try not to be concerned if the scale goes up. But it does suck to see it go up! :) I know that for me, a long slow run will definitely get the scale to go down the next day. I'm going to do that this Sat. and Sun. - maybe 1.5 hours of jogging each day. Just to keep the fluids moving, detox via sweat, and burn some additional calories.

Best wishes to both of you!!