[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Holiday Binge
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 am 

Hi Randomraff, I hear you on the holiday binging. I too went on a binge for two weeks and managed to put on 8 pounds. I am having a really hard time weaning myself off the sugar. I did really well up until the week before Christmas. I took a small bite of a cookie and that was all she wrote. I plan on doing the cleanse this month too. Wish you both luck. I am going to try and get my husband to try and do it again. He lasted two days. Maybe this time he will last three days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 am 

SunshineGirl - Hey heyyy long time no see =)

I totaly ear you on that as well! Does your body feel any different (aside from the few pounds heavier).. IE Sluggish? Tired a little more easily? No difference? I sincerely hope your cleanse goes well this month, any idea of when you might be starting dear? If your husband is able to go for longer then great, if not, then hey he tried! 2 days is still quite amazing when you put it into perspective =)

I've also noticed more aches and pains the past few weeks, my upper thigh is still having some weird muscle pain (I'm assuming its a muscle unbalance issue since months ago when I went to physio that was the all-encompassing cause for previous pains)... Overall just haven't been feeling good... not as nimble, feeling heavy, more tired, lethargic/lazy, non-restful sleeps, etc.

As such it is NO wonder/surprise why people fall ill during holiday season (or just thereafter) after binge eating and drinking... I STILL have turkey in my fridge from weeks ago.. yeesh! Suddenly it is EXPECTED during the holiday seasons for people to eat lots of chocolate, meat, potatos, sooome veggies, snack foods, drink wine (or their spirits of choice), etc.

Now I use the word 'expected' lightly in terms of the aveerage person in this hemisphere ;)

..just doesn't feel right when I know what a 'raff's healthy body' feels like.. otherwise I'd just keep going as we have been recently and not know the better.

Anywhoozle, ranting - hope you're all doing well! i've seen a whooole SLEW of posts today on the boards!

xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 am 

Day 2:

SW: 147.5
CW: 143.0 (-4.5 from yesterday)

Good morning team!

Alrighty so the man and I are both on Day 2! I downed 3 out of 4 cups of SWF until I couldn't stop gagging (...I really dislike the taste but tried chugging through it anyway!). Made a fresh batch for the man 'I have to take down this whole thing?' 'yep!', within the first two huge gulps his tummy was already feeling cramperiffic. He made it half way until I started to feel concerned...

As I was previously mentioning he is preeetty regular as can be normally, if not more regular than most... For example - yesterday he had roughly 5-7 BM's (doesn't help that him and I ate a TONNE of food the night before lol). As such I cut him off as I've experienced an SWF 'gone wrong' once and it was the most painful experience (the solution became cold as I had to run to deal with an emergency and came back and drank it)... That still in the forefront of the memories and him not feeling right half way through I cut him off. He reacts to tea and SWF at least twice as fast as me if not faster! Really, half way through the SWF and he ran to the bathroom and i could just heaaar the 'music' :lol:

Anyway, since we're always in a rush every morning and it doesn't take long to get to work we have decided to send him off with a teaspoon and a bunch of the SWF salt so he can do it at work since it effects him soo fast. For myself, I will stick to tea for the vast majority of mornings!

He feels a tiny bit light headed this morning and I don't feel quite all 'here' just yet hehe. Of course though, I understand the process of the first few days of adjusting to the MC and how draining / what effects can occur.

I am very very proud of him for making it through day one and even mentioning we need to buy 'supplies' for more days!

Haha - I can seeee the reels turning in his mind this morning as he realized and said 'I haven't ...eaten... in 24 hours' 'actually babe, more like 36, but yep, you haven't eaten anything solid, but you're still getting the basic nutrients you need to function! ;) ' ... The first few days that you realize 'whoa.. i haven't eaaaten anything' really come as a shocker mentally. Chewing is such a powerful habit that the first few days we just miss CHEWING on something - anything! But it passes ;)

Ok, well the SWF did it's job aparantly this morning.. feeling pretty er.. empty. I suspect my loss in pds to slow down since the 4.5 loss overnight (wow!) was from the GIANT feast at his mother's we had the night before starting the MC =) lol.

Hope you're all doing well!

Happy cleansing =D

Raffi xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am 

Day 3:

CW: 141.5 (-1.5 from yesterday)
SWF: Not today, had tea. Going to ALTERNATE between SWF and tea each day. If I can choke it down all the way tomorrow I may do SWF every day! :)

Good afternoon team!

Not much to report here.. Been doing A LOT of research on how the human body triggers muscle gain and loss and what happens during a fast/cleanse/detox/juicing process. Ketosis is a silly thing. Unfortunately I don't have the time to post my findings but it's pretty epic and controverseal to say the least... But VERY interesting none the less!

Day 3 goes well for me, fell behind in taking the mix but caught up now =) The man is going through some tough psychological hunger. As such I explained to him that it is expected and there is usually one really bad bout of it during the cleanse. It will dissipate as fast as it came ;) Now that we're on Day 3 it should be uphill 'psychological hunger' wise!

Otherwise he's described burning sensations in his stomach... He's been telling me he's been adding more and more cayenne to his mix. Told him to stick to the norm and not over-do it otherwise it'll continue to burn. I know, I've been there lol.

Picked up some tailoring measuring tapes today! VERY happy about that. Going to take measurements tonight and continue to do so post cleanse (working on designing a diet and fitness regime post cleanse!)

That's about it folks - hope you're all doing well and I love the activity on these boards! Keeeep it up!!!

Raffi
Xoxox 8) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 pm 

Hello there, Raffi!
Good to hear from you. Poor man w. his fast reaction to the tea and SWF. BOY can I relate.

Am interested in the whole fasting/ketosis/rebuilding process as well... I find that I do more research to keep my mind off not eating. It does help, right?

Wishing you luck on your journey!

~Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 am 

Day 4:

CW: 139.5 (-2.0 from yesterday)

SWF: No - huge hurry this morning, threw a teabag in purse instead.

Good mornin!

@ Alexistrophic

Nice to hear from you =) Yes, after yesterday the man is swearing off the SWF during work days. I've sent him of with a bunch of tea to keep at work.

As for that process, yes it is really really quite in depth - take a look at the first few paragraph or the definition on wikipedia for 'Ketosis'. And you're absolutely right - people have different coping mechanisms during a cleanse. IE - DISTRACTION

DISTRACTION during the cleanse. I am going to be bold and state that most people pick up extra reading, tv watching, cleaning around the house or research while on the cleanse, perhaps to keep their mind occupied =) The previous two cleanses I bought a bunch of books - one being The China Study, another Nutrition for Canadians for Dummies, Born to Run, etc! Oh and WHOLE LOT OF FOOD NETWORK watching lol. Heck I remember in the middle of my first cleanse (28 days) I did 12 hours of laundry in one day all while watching food network lol.. silly. NOW i'm turned onto The biggest loser, x-weighted, the last 10 pounds bootcamp (slice network channel)... So you can see how my interests have shifted from one cleanse to another =)

The man is distracting himself with gaming, and ths time around i'm doing research on the rebuilding process post cleansing/designing a fitness regime =) We'll see how that goes!

Totally didn't get to whip out the measuring tapes, wanted to do it in the morning when not as bloated but again, we were running behind today!

CRAMPS - yep, cramps! The man said he only BM'd twice yesterday so rather than steeping his night time tea for 1 minute i steeped it for 2. He was cramping in the morning and had to stay behind to 'finish business' as he wasn't sure if he had to run to the bathroom or not. He ended up having a BM and felt MUCH better!

Alternately, myself, I wake up a little earlier, kind of crampy but nothing painful, just noticable. Run to the bathroom, usually very little coming out - then by the time I've completed prep for our daily concentrated mix for work I have to go again, and that's when I feel fine and dandy! :D I told him to try waking up a bit earlier and see if it works for him as it does for me.... Tonight - I will only steep for a minute ;)

Energy wise - We're both doing better for energy this morning - today the man was surprised at his own energy starting to pick up =)

He is still craving donairs and potatos and pizza and the like. But he now knows what psychological hunger is and is able to identify it. I bet if he read into what certain foods do to the body like I did his taste would change, but to each their own hehe! The guy is very fit to begin with, so on Fridays when he plays hockey with the guys he takes in probably 3000+- calories for energy so he munchies out on stuff all day, chips, etc lol. But his body functions very well and he IS a man so he metabolizes foods/carbs faster than me and puts on MUCH slower than me, but again, he's perfectly fine in my opinion - but he's doing this to optimize his nutrient absorption,take care of skin and to support me on my cleanse too =)

He's still asking when the big energy kick is going to happen but I can't say - everyone is different... I feel bad because I wish I could tell him when it'll happen but I can not. For me it's around day 6 that it comes in, and others day 10... And so far he's pretty sure after 10 he's done and will only do the MC once a year (fine by me! I would never ever force him into anything, I respect him!)

Refocusing on reasons for cleansing.

Now now, I'm not going to lie - to drop the weight and toxins of holiday bingeing is near the top of my list, if not the top. However, I believe so long as the MC is being followed properly by people for w/e their reason there are benefits - I would not advise this as a sole weight loss method NO - you have to learn how to deal with your weight properly and healthily but for those who do need that extra KICK in the ass to get them started - by all means - GO FOR IT if you know it'll help you kick off a healthier lifestyle! =)

One thing I do want to achieve on this cleanse is to lose the taste for starches and meats the same way I did the few times before... I couldn't justify eating meat anymore, at least not beef or pork. really lean chicken or turkey was pushing it - but fish was ok =) Really it came down to texture and after reading The China Study I realized that eating dead animal tissue as often as I used to just wasnt healthy at all! Towards the end of the holidays looking at a cheese platter I knew I could have chosen a wiser choice, and initially it didn't taste that great, but then.... the taste buds became USED to BREAD, PASTA, TURKEY, BEEF, PORK, MILK, and my body didn't feel good at all... I'm not saying their all BAD for you, have a little now and then sure - no, but my interests in terms of food have changed a bit! My body was CRAVING big heavy starches and steak... and I did not like that.

So we have weight loss/toxin release from the holiday shenanigans as one. And two being to reset the tastebuds =) Since the last few cleanses I was regular as could be (whereas before I'd have a BM once every 2-3 days), going once if not twice a day, not bad! But after taking in a high protein and carb diet over the holidays I was all plugged up!

Now, don't get me wrong - sure indulgence is to be expected for some of us during the holiday season, and that's OK - to each their own. Some gyms even SHUT DOWN because they know most people will not be going because they're 'taking a break' and that too can be good! But again, to each their own =)

Anyway I'm ranting and the like so time to sign off for now - TEA TIME =D

Hope you're all doing well - will post my ketosis and misc findings - hopefully this weekend =)

Raffi
Xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:49 am 

Day 5

CW: 138.5 (-1 from yesterday)
SWF: Yes - managed to chug most of it down - BM ensued 1.5 hours after =)

Good morning team!

Not much to report here, energy is pretty good today! Yesterday I had a consistent pain in my shoulderblades that really really made things hard to concentrate on but all is well now! :)

The man is doing well too, energy levels have been going up and down up and down but seem to be doing better as time progresses! ESPECIALLY today!

The masacre of lemons is hitting all time highs between the two of us! Oh how the lemon nation's numbers be dwindling this time of year!

A little early..I know hehe, but I made a list of groceries to get post cleanse (veggie soup) and been staring at an asian cuisine cookbook my mother got us for xmas (all asian - jap, canton, viet, indian, etc) and picking out healthier items to slowly let us get our bodies back to normal eating styles..

5 more days to go at least! Again, as per usual, not sure how long to do this cleanse for but I imagine it might be for just 10 days - I'll end whenever the man ends I think and I'm pretty sure he's set on just the 10 considering his friday night hockey with the men starts up soon and could use the extra carbs... :shock:

That's all she wrote folks - stay tuned - looks like everyone else on the board is doing very very well too! 8)

<3 Raffi

xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 am 

Day 9

CW: 135.5
SWF's?: No, just been tea the past few days.

Good afternoon team - sorry I haven't written in a while!

@LadyinRed - Thank you for the kind post and oh my - that must have been some crazy amount of reading you went through hehe. I hope your cleanse goes well - will be peeking into your side of the forums after this post. I understand your reasons for the cleanse and as far as I am concerned whether it's weight loss or for pure 'detox' reasons for a cleanse either way you're reeping the benefits! Gooood on to you - I totally understand the feelings behind not-so-attractive-anymore body ;) You can have it again, noooo worries - the cleanse will help kick yo uin the butt to lead a healthier lifestyle =)

Update; well I had posted something back the other day on Q&A with a HUGE concern over ending my man's cleanse.. he was oging 8-9 times a day (not including how many times he just had to pee), and was hardly feeling full. Was going to take him off it and instead opted out one of the teas and he's still been purging (pebbles and or gooey stuff) 3-5 times a day. I know the literature says not to skip on out but I have advised him to do the tea at least once every other day just to be safe.

We have also figured he was VERY fortunate growing up to have the healthiest foods and has been for the most part pretty darn healthy. Before the MC whenever he had to 'go' he had to go, there was no waiting or else something bad would happen ;) ... so we figure his system is a little more 'sensitive' than most and as such the MC would be too hard on his system if followed to the T re: tea/swf. Raw would be a better way to go for individuals that are sensitive like him or for folks with IBS etc. Anyway despite advising him to go off on day 7 - he has decided firmly to do the full 10 as he 'promised' - i told him he has nothing to proove but its his final word on the matter lol. Oh and I've also made him promise to read the book since he was seeing next to NO detox results - again very healthy man... there were a few symptoms but otherwise this whole time - nothing else to speak of except for what comes out when he hits the can ;) So after readng a few pages he did say the author had some very strong points... he will continue to read ;)

aaand end rant.

Loss has slowed to a crawl the past few days as it usually does nearing day 10 for me and that's ok. Kind of bummed that I will end it at the same weight as I was @ months ago but thats ok, I'll take 135- even if I gain another 5 back after eating, no problem, hard work will ensue! - I have now FINALLY lost the taste for those starchy carbs and ludicrous amounts of meat we had over the holidays. WOOHOO.

As usual nearing end cleanse I've been building a list of recipes i'd like to try that are high in protein for a bit (after having gone raw/super healthy for transitioning off)... now its not all meat protein, beans have lots too!

I have decided post cleanse once we're transitioned off to really step it up a few notches and focus a lot on muscle gain. YEP MUSCLES! Reason? Muscles burn off calories/fat much faster than just doing the occasional cardio. Now this may be common knowledge, but some people may not know this - hence posting it...

Once I build more muscle and maintain a calorie count of just under the amount of normal weight-maintenance I will start seeing results. It is a universally utilized formula - just look up 'how much protein to eat to lose fat' and you'll find calculators and explanations all over google. Of course this means working out 3x a week too- I cant wait! :)

Hmm.. what else.. OH YES JUICER!

Bought a juicer the other day that separates pulp from the juice (some people don tlike pulp..we on the ohter hand love it)... good for all veggies and fruits... only need to peel the oranges =) Can NOT wait to try that out!!! Soo stoked I even went and cleaned all the cupboards and organized them so I can store all our extra lil' appliances properly =)

Day 9.. I have to say this has been the longest-feeling cleanse - ever for me. Yes, even over the 28 day cleanse lol. Reason being the past few days of constantly hearing the man complain thta he wants a sub from subway or some other food really drags the day. He does know the difference between psychological and physical hunger, he knows he doesn't NEED the solids while on the cleanse, but ... he figures he's allowed to complain lol.

We took this thursday and friday off for an extra long weekend. Wednesday(DAY 10!) we are heading to a produce place to pick up a ludicrous amount of oranges to demolish into the juicer for the transition off. So thursday will be juice, friday juice and broth, saturday juice, full soup and maybe some fruits then I've left it to him to test his waters to see if he can handle other foods gradually. I have been explicit in telling him to steer away from dairy and meats for a bit and test the waters at his own convenience... Knowing him - he'll probably jump for a sub on day 4.... so I have probiotics JUST in case and going to start giving those to him every night starting wednesday =)

DAY 9 ENERGY

For the past few days I've been full of energy and the man's been hating me for it 'when will miiiine cooome?!' lol. I find if I go for a run, i'm on an energy kick for the rest of the evening too lol. But I'm good, no crazy eliminations like previous cleanses, no detox symptoms aside from the initial oily skins etc... So I am glad things are going well! The rest of the work on the body will take some hard work and dedication!

Oh and I started the first module of my personal fitness trainer course... will see how that goes.

Sorry for the info dump, just watched to catch up!!

Promise to write more often!

Raffi

xoxox 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 am 

DAY 10:

CW: 135.0
SWF: No
Tea: yes

WOOHOO - DAY 10 - THIS IS IIIT!

SO - as I've said before, this has felt like the longest cleanse ever - even comparing it to the 28 days months ago. Reason being is listening to the man whine about wanting food most of the time, but he's allowed to, that's ok - he's done it, he's completed his first MC and I am here for him =) I've made all our mixes for the past 10 days for work and only a few more lemons to go through tonight!

Come to think of it, considering he's been on the higher end of intake per day I told him.. really.. he's probably going to have had 100 LA beverages by the end of this cleanse :P...puts things into perspective hey? :)

So now that we have re-acquired the MC book and he's been reading we've re-defined our 'plan' for the next 3 days.

Tomorrow: OJ (pulp and all) mixed with water - all day
Friday: OJ in the morning - I wake up and brew up a GIANT batch of soup so that it's ready for lunch and some for dinner.. consuming only broth and SOME veggies.
Saturday: OJ, full soup for lunch, then @ dinner a veggie salad to start, then some brown rice + steamed broccoli. Maybe some soup if we're still peckish.. doubt it though ;)

Sunday: Day 4 off - I know he's going to go for a half sub from subway (veggies and some cold cuts), it's been his HUGE craving so he's going to test his body and see how it goes - I'm sure he'll be fine ;) I am still trying to decide what to try that day... my BIG craving this cleanse has been Tuna... not sure why...but tuna - all other meats sound BLEH to me. Perhaps a tuna wrap from booster juice... or maybe not, I'll know what I feel for on that day. Plus it's sunday - in-law dinner night, he's going to request his mother to prep something 'light' if we feel we need to take it really easy that day.

Loss; Him and I for the past 2 days have been fluctuating up and down so we know our bodies wont let us lose more (unless of course you extend the MC to 20+ days hehe). I went from 136.5 -> 135.5 ->135 the past few days so I'm happy with that!

Took the rest of the week off, so today (wednesday) is my Friday - woohoo! Going to sleep in, and test out that really neat juicer tomorrow! But first we need to pickup oranges tonight and juuust a couple lemons since we ran out this morning after the mixes were made for the day.

Popping a pro-biotic tonight!

Hope you're all doing well!!!

XOXOX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:57 am 

Day 2 Post cleanse:

CW: 134.0

Okie dokie - so yesterday was day 1 off cleanse (OJ DAY!). Let me tell you, that juicer is one helluva scary thing...demolishes all my hard work of peeling a efw bags of oranges in a matter of mere moments!

After the first glass of OJ we were STUFFED (hardly any pulp too!). Our tummy's felt weird and I rememebr the look on his face when tasting it lol - SOO STRONG! :) But we weren't craving anything so I was happy to turn on my food network since it busted all his cravings lol.

Tip: Add some lemon to the OJ - Tastes almost like 5 Alive!

We had completed A LOT yesterday...and I mean a lot.. went to ikea, bought a few desks to replace the old giant one he had, a lamp (yes these things are exciting to me - new home owner and all hehe).

i spent well over an hour @ the grocery story with my carefully crafted up shopping list. i walked away from gettnig a panini grill, but in fact it's a panini/everything grill - EVERYTHING. from panini's, burgers, fish, veggies and even has a flat grill you can place on both grill sides to do things on a flat surface - bacon, eggs, w/e... I thought it was cool ;)

So finally despite my poor bank account after re-stocking our household lol .. I'm up super early, going to get MORE oranges and the grill... It'd be nice to try and cook home made turkey burgers or fish on it (and veggies) without cooking them in their own grease in a pan?

Anyway - all is well otherwise, energy is there, still dropped a pound - surprisingly (was the same weight yesterday). The pro-biotic - within 5 minutes of ingesting makes both of our tummies grumble a tonne and kind of hungry but we manage to fall asleep somehow =)

Yes, we've still been day dreaming what we'll eat on day 4.. the man has all these ideas (and no, no dairy or crazy amounts of meat), awnts to go to subway for a half of a sub (he's been craving subway since day 2 ....and mustard lol), then go elsewhere for something else.. then something else lol.... then his mother's for dinner... lol I have a feeling that if he dosen't 'over do it' on soup he'll be feeling full in no time on sunday lmfao. He was whining about it not being much solids today (BROTH DAY)... but i told him teh soup would likely be 1/4 veggies, rest broth =)..

Going to pick up a soup mug for the guy, that way if he needs to perk up the tastebuds he can have a big cup of broth sitting @ his desk =)

BUT - alas, time to pick up that grill, SO excited :D

Raffi
xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 am 

Oh yeah - panini/grill then coming home to make soup so that it's ready for lunch =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 pm 

Yay! That grill sounds like fun and you're being super-disciplined (and productive!) post fast. You're giving me motivation to keep going and make it through until the end.

Great job!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 am 

Day 5 POST cleanse.

All is well - we followed post cleanse instructions (for the moooost part) but did very well. We've both noticed that since we decided to try 'heavier' stuff yesterday (day 4) our tummy's dont feel right today and are rather warm feeling... I've since 'purged' and feel fine, th eman is ok too =)

We went out for some good authentic chinese last night with his parents, couldn't touch most of the food personally as my stomach was feeling odd, so i stuck to picking at the veggies - that was fine =)

It all stemmed from what we had @ lunch - he went for the sub he was craving since beginning of cleanse and i had a rice bowl with chicken teriyaki from tokyo express... it didn't even taste that good, the sauce was white wash crap and the rice was meh - and it was luke warm by the time we got home lol.. IMMEDIATELy after we ate we took a nap, the body knew it had some digestive work to do...

Hmmm...otherwise all is well! I have some of my veggie soup with me from days and days ago and my energy levels are a little low - I think thats just from trying to digest foods.

Otherwise we're great - nothing new to report, a whole lot of fruit and veggies @ home, it was hella hard to get out of bed sine we were soo comfy ;)

Once our tummies are back to normal - totally going to hit up the gym. Been taking in lots of natural (non meat) protein and getting body prep'd for some working out =)

Hope everyone is doing well, a little tired so going to stop writing for now

Raffi
xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:36 pm 

Hey there!
Once again, your journey is super inspiring.

Wondering what you eat for "non-meat" protein. Am looking for good menu options for after the cleanse.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 am 

Alex - non-meat protein is pretty easy to put into my own meals

Beans - Personally I love kidney beans - FULL of good protein and more protein per g than most veggies you'll ever find. If you combine that with corn it forms a complete protein =)

Soy products (tofu etc) have a bunch of protein too - I enjoy tossing in tofu into any stir fry or dish.

I also have soy protein in powder form (add to water, milk w/e you want) and that's good.

Seeds - I have flax that can be put into anything really, soups, cereals, w/e you can find to put it on based on your own meal plan. CHIA seeds you might need to look up but a tiny tiny scoop of that into anything has a good protein count and GREAT for essential fatty acids (good) and other nutrients.

Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
•Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
•Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
•Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
•Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
Nuts and Seeds
•Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
•Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
•Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
•Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
•Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
•Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

Of course there is a tonne of protein to be taken from meats but again, its all preference. personally I am sticking to fish and the occasional lean chicken or turkey... but in terms of dairy I get low fat cottage cheese and mix that with tuna fora super protein snack .. If you think about body builders (or anyone tryingto speed up muscle gain) the fast track of protein in take is around cottage cheese (low fat) because it is VERY low in bad fats but very high in protein - couple that with tuna and BAM lots of protein =)

EX: •Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
•Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams

An exerpt about protein consumption. This is just an umbrella statement but search 'How much protein should I eat in a day to lose fat' (not weight)
This is based off of working out (weight training+some cardio) 3x a week:

"
A 150 lb woman with 25% bodyfat would aim to consume about 90 grams of protein in a day. That’s 3 meals with 20 grams of protein per meal and 3 snacks with 10 grams of protein, and THAT, my friends, is also very doable."

You will find if you run a google search on what i said to above - there are nutritional formulas for both weight maintenance, loss, and muscle gain, etc.

Also: You'll find a huge list on the internet if you punch in 'vegetables that are high in protein' if you're looking for non-meat protein sources =) 8)

A huge listing:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next