[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Ah!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 am 

Hey Raff!
Thanks for lookin in on me!
And speaking of looking in....
CRAP! I'm sure that's really embarrassing! Unisex bathrooms are bad! I work with mostly women, and our second bathroom has been broken, so we all have to share one single bathroom now and it's really bad! Yesterday I had to wait 20 minute to use the restroom, and with the tea in my system—well, I'm sure you know it wasn't pleasant! When someone came out they had a book and I gave them the worst eat shit look lol! Thankfully I wrote our HR rep about it and they got one of the other bathrooms working. I haven't told any of my co-workers so I can poop in private (well, more like pee out of my butt-ewww).

I have been really excited to see some loss, it really keeps me motivated. That's a good idea about the tea—I have been letting it steep for a full 15 minutes, maybe I should cut it down and see how the results are. I'm hopeful that the SWF won't make me gain or anything but I'm suspecting that it will.

I can't believe you are on day 12! You go girl! Day 5 has been good so far, full of energy and actually getting to the point where I've stopped thinking about food 24/7. Crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:59 pm 

Hey there Raff -

Thanks so much for the willingness to commit to 20 day to help little old me! That is so sweet :)

Those courses sounds amazing. I went to a raw food meetup group - found it on meetup.com. It's so great to get to know people with similar interests. I have tried to go on raw food before, but had never met another raw-foodist until I went to the meetup group dinner. I learned so much from these people in just one night - there was so much that I didn't know I didn't know - lol. So I think the potlucks and stuff like that will be very helpful if you're making a big change.

Glad the elbow skin is looking better :) Hope it totally clears up for you. I went back on meds for my acne - it's just too embarrassing to be so broken out. I go visit customers and I feel like I look like a teenager. Anyway, I'm hoping to get it under control and then go more light with the meds - maybe every other day or something like that. Don't know yet.

So the big question: Are you going on to Day 13?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 am 

Day 13:

SW: 155.5
CW: 143 (-1.5 from yesterday)
Altogether Loss: 12.5 pds over 12 days.

Mornin Team!

A few updates: Plenty of BM's yesterday - including the one where someone walked right into the bathroom when I forgot to lock the bathroom door... Mortifying? Yes. Funny? Yes. :oops: .

Didn't work out as planned last night ,was a little low on energy, as I have said I cut down the LA a bit, but I think I had cut out just a tad too much -despite subsituting with water... we'll see!

i still had energy to try out something new that I found @ the grocery store for me to try..

COUSCOUS! There was a garlic and olive oil box, sure it wasn't ina bag and all but I might as well TRY it.. Made it, tasted it, WAY too garlic-ee.. So i chopped some organic mushrooms and onions and celery up, fried the mushrooms a bit to shrink em and tossed a can of corn in and mixed it all up. It tasted pretty good! Then I had the bright idea of simmering chopped tomatos and pouring that over the heaping pile of couscous mix...that kiiinda ruined it because now it had too much flavour haha.. but w/e - its a learning and fairly cheap =)

8) 8) GOOD NEWS! 8) 8)

I was in the kitchen @ work this morning when one of the managers asked me what I was making, I reluctantly explained the MC concoction expecting the usual "OMG YOU HAVEN"T EATEN?!@#" bla bla bla... Well he was very intregued and said when he was younger he did some 'cayenne thing'... then he explained how he had JUST turned vegetarian - moving to vegan. I was intregued in turn. Then I told him how i was reading a book that was changing my outlook on everything regarding nutrition (The China Study) and he too mentioned he had read it and that helped sway him a bit to become vege/vegan, something he had been contemplating for some time before hand.

Now he wants to borrow the MC book I have, and gave me props for today being day 13! Then another coworker walked in and it turns out he hasn't had red meat in quite some time too! Wow, I don't feel soo 'weird' in the office lol! Looks like I have lets see.. 4 people lined up to borrow the book now haha - fun!

Anyway, that lifted my spirits this morning *sips on her LA*

Anyone else noticed non-consistant loss while on the MC? For example it's a few times now I have lost -.5 one day and then -1.5 the next, with no change in physical activity or anything.... interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 am 

Hey Raff - very commendable of you to be open about the MC and sharing information about it. I tend to hide away a bit when I do the cleanse, thinking that most people will be judgmental. It is nice to hear that you had such a good experience with this!

Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:15 pm 

Hi there Raffy :) 12.5 pounds - exactly the same as me. And I have a little more one day and a little less the next - same as you. Not sure why this is. I guess the body doesn't work on a specific pattern. It must be releasing stuff at different intervals when it is ready. How is that for a scientific explanation for ya - lol :lol:

Sounds like you are going to Day 14? I'm thinking about it, but right now just trying to get through Day 13. I have a box of Larbars in my pantry - they have been there since before I started the cleanse. Larabars are raw food bars that I would eat while I was eating mostly raw food. They are calling out to me! I can see my mind making justifications for why it is okay for me to have one. Well, hopefully I'll stay strong and won't have one before tomorrow.

Best,
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:23 pm 

You bet I am going for day 14 =) I intend to do this weekend for certain!

That's a killer scientific explanation! 8) :P It is interesting to say the least, no rhyme or pattern except for the inconsistency of loss... I do find if I weigh in .5 one day I can expect a full 1.0 or 1.5 or so loss the next day!

Checking your blog out to respond more about your LARBARS :D You're soo lucky to have those types of foods around.. I am desperately trying to find places of any sort in edmonton that offers foodage like that... soo few and soo far! (i really should learn to drive..yeesh!)...

I was going to work out tonight but got side tracked making dinner, then cleaning up the house since the man is having a friend over and we didn't realize the mess it was in..

EDIT:

OTHER NEWS - THE SLAP CHOP!

Yep - I picked up the slapchop.. Aside from 'soft' foods, it works WONDERFULLY for onions, nuts, mushrooms, etc! Hah, I had to... why not!
I thought well, if it can only hold soo much - why not just cut the rest? who needs it? Well - let me tell you - I was wrong! if you don't care how chunks or minces look, get this thing, it only takes a few seconds... yes.. lazy me! If i want perfectly square dices or whatnot I'll pull out the knives =)... perfect for my salad stuff if I'm in a hurry (plus it was cheap!)... If you couldn't tell - I have an obsession with kitchen stuff/knives :)

I added a bunch of super chopped mushrooms into the couscous i made for the first time ever and gave the man some salmon on top of that... there was soo much extra stuff (corn, celery, some tomato, mushrooms etc)in it reminded him of stuffing :oops: :roll: .... I think i might use couscous to replace rice!... but this one was flavoured so we'll see next time!

Aparantly this was the best salmon he's ever had that I've made ... 'Seriously, no joke, your cooking has been tasting even better while you're on this cleanse!' since he noticed my nose has now turned into super-wolverine nose... can smell everything - so i cook with 'smell' - at the end now i take a tiny taste but dont swallow...since all this stuff I'm making is new / first time prep. I also realized that I was making dinners based on what my tastebuds are like.. and I love my spices - the man enjoys more natural flavours -- this could be interesting post cleanse!

<ramble>

time to have some more water and lay down - back's killing me! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:24 am 

Day 14:

CW: 141.5 (-1.5 from yesterday. 14 pds altogether)

SWF: Still haven't done it since last week, but I have to do it @ some point.

Ok, so I had a 12 hour sleep last night lol, got up at noon today - went to the bathroom a few times and now sitting @ 141.5... I say that amount of loss is because of the long ass sleep I had hehe. REE (Rested Energy Expenditure) is a measurement of how many calories you burn while sleeping / resting. Your body still needs to run all the organs, breathe, and 'digest' - etc , and that takes energy... So i figure the longer of a sleep I took, the more i'd burn? I remember waking up in the middle of the night at 142.5, then by the time i got up and eliminated - 141.5...

Anyway, thats my observation!

Ok, So i've gotten up late today, which means I need to make some LA asap! My GF and I are supposed to go write our learner's (driving) test today but she doesn't seem to be awake as of yet... her and I have lived soo close to work and transit systems that we just deided we didn't need them! Well, now that we're getting older we would love to have our drivers license.. figures :roll: .

I also noticed in the mirror, a lot of re-shaping of the curves has occured tummy/sides wise... Then as soon as it hits the hips, the theighs are very large in comparison haha... I've got to find a good exercise to burn the fat on the thighs, I don't know if running would be enough - anyone have any ideas?

It has also occured to me that this will be the first time in years that I will likely get back in the 1-30's! I can't even fathom it to be honest... I can't believe how good I feel, and how much I have lost... It is kind of surreal to be honest! Wow! I will admit I do miss chewing on something, even gum would be nice but I will not allow for that!.

I also think I have found a good balance for loss - a tiny bit less LA and a bunch of water - perfect amount of energy during the day and still getting some detox symptoms, but all minor.

Elbow-skin-update: Still there but extremely diminished and my skin looks wonderful, a few red friends but I am STILL on aunt flow.

Speaking of which - I have now been on that TOM for 15 days.. What gives!! I understand that having gone off the birth control, it is possible to have a period right after the last one. Well I did, and I am still going! :roll: It's annoying but I thought to throw that out there just in case someone else has had it last for thaaat long!

~~~PANIC SESSION BEGINS HERE~~~

OH NOES:
Tonight is the night we head to my friend's place who is hosting a 'DRINK ALL MY BOOZE THATS LEFT FROM MY WEDDING AND EAT PIZZA' night :( ... This is going to be a little rough I'll admit... especially sinec it's all the liquor I love, annnd it's pizza hah. WOW.. HELP! help help help :cry: But if I can overcome that, I can overcome anything.. yepperoo right? RIGHT?! ...I will not lie to you all, my nerves are a little rattled about this one. :cry: :lol:

~~~PANIC SESSION ENDS HERE~~~

Hmm..what else... That's about it! Time to make the bf some breakfast/lunch since i'ts 1:23pm here lol.

Alrighty - time to make some LA - ttyl team! 8) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:49 pm 

Wowwww Raff, how did you do? That sounds way too tempting. I went to a wedding once while on the cleanse (a year or two ago) and it was HARD. liquor and pizza with friends.. yikes. I'd understand if you give in but you can do it, I have faith in you! 14 days of temptation can beat just a few hrs of temptation. It's worth it to hold onto the cleanse. You'd certainly regret it, and get sick in the process. Good luck!!!

Post subject: You can do it!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:11 pm 

Hang in there.. You are doing so well!

It will just make you sick if you eat and drink anyway. Most definitely. So that should be a deterrent.

Good luck!!!

Post subject: Go Raff!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:18 pm 

Hey Raff!
I remember when I was preparing to start the cleanse, and you were already on it, and now here we are, I'm on day 7, you're on 14! GO US!
Honestly, you are doing soooo well, you are an inspiration! I know how hard it is to fight temptation, especially some free wine, but think about how great you feel! YOU CAN DO IT!
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:15 pm 

Hey there Raff!

Sooooo.....how did the party go? Hope you were able to stay strong. I'd hate to see you come home disappointed, girl. But you are strong - I know you can do it.

Sounds like this cleanse was really great for you - weight loss, cleansing, seeing your elbow skin clear, etc. You sound so happy you are seeing your body shape change and seeing the scale show digits you haven't seen in a long time. I can feel your joy! :)

Sorry, can't write much today. I have to be up earrrrrlllly for my bike ride. I'll check in when I get home and see how you did tonight. And I'll report on how I did at the bike event :)

Take care,
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 pm 

@ PARTY UPDATE:

WOOOW I am shocked at the sudden flood of posts of support, you're all the best, and I wish you all the best on your cleanses... And do remember your OWN advice if you run into any 'mental barriers'... <3>

Thank you soo much guys for teh kind words - you're all wonderful and I'll creep your journals shortly :)

I am still @ the get together, I had a nibble of cheese and sausage but didn't ingest -Yes, guilty me, but of course I spat it out immediately - PETEWY! tastes good but cheese, sausage, chips etc are slowly starting to taste like if.. they're denser than they were before.. Which they ARE, of course - but whenever I taste anything, I can tell more and more what the item is comprised of and so on.. and that it would be heavy in the tummy... and for obvious reasons!

Liquor liquor everywhere! And they are just about to order a bunch of pizza.. it's all good.

I brought a lemon with me and cayenne, but forgot the MS - let me tell you - MS makes a WORLD of difference! Holy hell lemon water or what! Hah, been sticking to water though, and people cracking jokes that their 'cleanses' involve lots of liquor to kill the bacteria - hah, funny!

*exhale* well, many more hours to go - my gf did my hair (3 stage dye job/streaks) - looks wonderful so thats awesome

Her wedding pictures are done and developed - WOW I do NOT approve :twisted: of the funky bumpy lumpy fat hanging around everything, but whatever, I'll have a good before/after session when this cleanse is done..whenever that is :D :oops:

Thanks guys! Will report in as usual, tomorrow - I'll manage to not ingest any food or misc liquids tonight.. I just can not justify 14 days and breaking down - then getting TERRIBLY SICK! I don't want to imagine projectile vomit and tomato red face with tears streaming down... hah, how's that for imagery! :roll: :wink:

Peace team!

Love, The Raffinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:01 pm 

UPDATE: POST PARTY

Alrighy, well the party has died down.. Haven't touched anything except for 'taste' purposes but that's ok! Been drinking my water non-stop, I'm really tired since I only managed about 2LA'S today before coming out here.

I ordered the pizza for everyone, nabbed it from the delivery guy then dropped A WHOLE PIZZA on the floor! (still in box, just all smooshed to one side..XL pizza at that lol... haha it was hilarious - but I had to get right in there and re-assemble a whole pizza lol. I did good work, saved the pizza but it was daunting - touching all the cheeses and meats and crusts with it all over my hands lol. :oops:

The man and a friend are playing the wii and it's almost 1am - I have a feeling we'll be here for a while yet... But I can't stop yawning - so I'll crawl onto the carpet and just pass out or head upstairs to guest room... Probably stay down here since I'm super cold and we're out of wood to burn, ah well!

Going to keep drinking water then take the tea at home then crash hard. My man was awesome and told his parents I will not be joining them for dinner tomorrow, I can just lazy around the house woohoo!

Na night team, hang in there 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 am 

Day 15
CW: 141.5 (No change from yesterday)

Blah, no change in weight today, but I only really did have one or two LA"s yesterday before heading to the party, then hardly any sleep after..I'm sure if I slept more I'd have lost an extra pounderoo but w/e! woke up @ 142, did the dirty business and dropped .5... *Shrug*

I haven't done a SWF in a week so I thought to give it a go today. Had no issues taking it down 8)

Almost out of lemons - going to pick up more today - BRR - it's getting cold up here! 3 degrees celsius - so that's about 37 F... chance of flurries tonight :roll:

Hmm it's the 'mooncake' festival today for them asian folks (my bf is asian ;) ), and his rents are going to a restaurant, so he opted me out which was kind. I can understand going over and it being a home setting, opting out of food, but in a restaurant it would feel ... odd, moreso for them, not me :) 8) Maaaybe I'll manage to get a work out in today since I"ll be alone in the house.. I did the SWF, so might as well hit the mill!

Will report more later :P

Raffinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:39 pm 

Great job getting through the party Raff - I love following your posts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next