[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 am 

Post subject: Re: 4th MC - This isn't REALLY a full mc - just mini flush ;
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am 

Hey hey, forum!

Well, I'll keep it blunt and honest and try not to drag this out.... :(

Post the last MC I did fantastic for about 3 months... I had really lost the taste for red meat, loveeeed salads and veggies and it was a wonderful reset switch!

Things with work and family became extremely hectic (not that I'm blaming that) and I ended up slowly over the past 3 months gaining weight because I:

Stopped working out
Started to eat mass amounts of pizza and junk food
Was drinking WAY too much alcohol (i'm going to say thats 70% of why I gained a good portion of it back)
Eventually ate less veggies and now down to maybe the odd orange...a few times a week.
CARBS CARBS! BBQ! MORE CARBS MORE LIQUOR WOO! :oops:

Well, that's the honest truth.... I hate myself for doing that to my body and BAM back up to 154 in no time at all.. I am avoiding wearing my jeans now because months ago I shrunk them on purpose because they were falling off. NOW I don't wear them because it's over flowing with belly even the inside seam is leaving red impressions at the end of the day on my legs! THATS HOW TIGHT they are! :(

Complaints leading up to yesterday before starting this cleanse:

A few weeks ago I stopped looking at the scale because I was afraid of what number I'd be up to. As such I've decided to STOP being depressed about it all and hit the old 'tastebud reset switch' and hop on another MC.

I feel pain in my knee from an old injury (which i've noticed happens when I hit a certain weight), I feel all my wobbly bits... wobblying FAR too much with each step I take, I hate teh way I look in the reflection and the dreaded chin is back!

Food.. ah yes, food is grand! I MISS NOT craving carbs, meats, greasy foods. Now don't get me wrong I know if I just ate HEALTHY i'd lose the taste for them, but the MC's delivery in that department is something I am QUITE fond of ;) I know what I'm doing to myself when I grab that pizza or other foods but I just told myself 'ah whatever i'm fat right now anyway who cares'.

Oh yes, and the overall feeling like absolute crap all the time..lethargic
WHAT is with this mentality I've driven myself back into?

Sure between visiting family in the hospital and eating w/e I could on the run, little sleep, high stress, started up the energy drinks again, etc is terrible but I told myself it was just temporary... and look! Sugar addiction, I drowned out some issues with alcohol, and more often because I thought it just made things 'seem better'. really.. i have a pretty normal life, not DYING or suffering in the normal societal ways, but I just gave up on myself? I have to figure out why... and I WILL with this MC. So yeah... Get the whole liquor habit out of the system and take time to ground self mentally :)

So I said I wouldn't rant but look at what happened.

I contemplated not even posting on the forums because of the HEAVY HEAVY guilt I feel for 'letting the forum down because I relapsed' and had been an inspiration for MANY people. But.. that isn't fair - because if people don't read about them they might put themselves doooown and out in harsh ways psychologically, mentally, physically, spiritually if they think they've 'failed' at the MC (or anything in life for that matter). Because really... we're human, I too have fallen down but will come right back up kickin!

..So perhaps this blog is to show that hey - everyone's human, and we all have our ups and downs, eventually we get it right :oops: 8) .... Because really - we're human. I too have fallen down and I am a perfeeeectionist..maybe that's why I beat myself up soo much? Anyways... I will come right back up and kick these whole negativity slump in the @$$!!!

There.. I said it all... That believe it or not - was really difficult to tell the forum :oops: :cry:

SO - this is just another step in my journey to a healthier lifestyle! I've done it, maintained it all before and felt WONDERFUL and fresh, and ALIVE, top of the world! I know my body and mind (for the most part hehe) and I know what it is capable of.. I've done a few MC's and 28 days was the longest with no issues and I will do this 1 day at a time until I choose to stop!

I think I deserve to go back to that happy place - the MC will help me...help myself, to reach that goal once again.

I am worth it, AND awesome ;) :mrgreen:

Starting weight - 155 :(
CW - 155
GW - 130 (not necessarily all through MC)

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNEY (5th MC)- Fell off the wagon - support pls <
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:14 am 

Day 2 -

SW. 154.5
CW. 153.5

Went to bed last night with a headache creeping up, woke up this morning...headache totally rocking my world but whatever, it won't last forever. Starting to feel 'lighter', nice to give the ol' digestive system a break hehe.

Hope you're all doing well on your cleanses!!!!

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNEY (5th MC)- Day 2 - Hope you're all doing swel
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:12 am 

Hi Randon Raff

I too have a problem with drinking more alcohol than most people!!!! lol So I undersand where you're coming from. I wish you all the best of luck on this MC. I found the MC a great way to keep the EAF (evil alcohol fairy) at bay.

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNEY (5th MC)- Day 2 - Hope you're all doing swel
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:20 am 

Nettii, thank you soo much for sharing that with me, it's wonderful to hear that I'm not the only person on these forums who has a wea bit (ok..multiple that a few times) more than most people! Thank you soo much for making me feel a bit more human! :) Best of luck to you and yours if you're on the MC at the moment =D... but with your type of encouragement, if you apply that to yourself...I'm sure you don't need it!! :D

SW: 154.5
CW. 152.0

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNEY (5th MC)- Day 3 - Hope you're all doing swel
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:47 am 

Yay.. thanks for reminding me that I've been wanting to do this MC. Although, I have never really done one and I am quite nervous for some reason. It's like I know all the great benefits and I know people that have been successfully healthy (like my father who's done 40 days before) but I'm nervous that I'll be the one with the rare, weird side effects or something. Since I have never done a real cleanse in all my 27 years and have definitely had my share of toxins, with the extra weight and all I'm nervous of how my body will react. To do this cleanse, how much do you think is physical and how much mental? Anyways, I am excited about it too.. hopefully I'll get the clear-headed, energy filled results which will jump-start my goal of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Thanks for sharing your journey Raffi and I hope you get what you want out of this MC :D

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNEY (5th MC)- Day 3 - Hope you're all doing swel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:39 am 

Hi again Random Raff

Glad my sharing helps! I'm not on the cleanse at the moment. I came off after 17 days and quickly went back to old habits. Then had a sudden feeling of "what the **** am I doing!!!".

I've had a week of no alcohol (it's been fantastic, makes me ask myself 1000 times why the hell I start in the first place.) and I'm now starting a juice cleanse before I go back on MC in September.

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: New life/Journey - Time to celebrate with new me. Page 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:51 am 

:shock: Wow, so totally fell off the map it's been AGES! :shock:

Good day folks!

Ok so here's the 101. August (actually shortly after that last post) I broke up with the boyfriend of 8 years. He's been referred to MANY times in the previous posts. Anywho - yep, my choice, various reasons but that's what happened. SO I COMPLETELY fell off the face of the earth - including the internet hehe. Until late November I had burned up savings and been sleeping on couches and of course binge drank and ate crap food. All temporary, now I'm back on my feet, in a roomate situation, have a savings, putting money towards my own place come May/June-ish. But during that whole fall-out process I felt like I aged a few decades, internally and externally. Work, stress, nearly ZERO sleep (though they were comfortable couches, the brain was going a zillion miles an hour :P). Hmm.. what else oh yeah - OUT OF DEBT. I had been paying for 3 years to get out of debt and that happened this Jan :D

SOOOooo - long story short, now I'm hooked up with a new boy-toy for nearly six months. NO I wasn't looking for it, had planned to be single for a year or two, ef men, go liberation woo! But I find it is true what they say.. when you least expect it and when you MOST fight it... something happens! Soo yeah..time to fix the body in terms of having ate like CRAP for many months, my sleep is so-so, smoking way more often than I used to, carb addicted..lol. Annd yeah of course some weight came back on :P So hey - why not do the MC again?

I had been on day 8 late January when the bf surprised me with a 'WE'RE GOING OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND' excursion. Not wanting to be a party pooper (we went with another couple) + absolutely LOVING the restaurant in another city (which we do not have here) I decided after much deliberation to break that cleanse. Took a week to get everything back in pooping order (literally!). :oops: But it was my own decision.

Though the new man doesn't know much at all about the cleanse, he is supportive. I've been putting off this march cleanse because there was some type of family get together dinner but didn't happen so he said ah w/e just go ahead and start it. 8) On top of that we made personal goals a few months back - mine were to have x amount in savings and to be at a certain weight before EOM March, so I'll get as close to it as possible.. Though the fiscal goal is looking pretty plausible!!

In the current roommate situation I am in (left everything to the ex, just walked away so yeah..started with nothing, no bed, so been picking self up slowly), our complex has a work out room, a pool, etc so I'm set there.

POST CLEANSE

I am hoping by (AAAGAIN) end of this cleanse to have curbed smoking down if not completely. Post-the-summer-events combined with roomates who smoke inside like chimneys I've noticed my own smoking amount go through the ROOF.
Flushed the system out of all the abuse i gave it over the summer/fall months..yeesh that was brutal.
Lost carb addiction
Re-ground self a lot more spiritually and mentally.
Hit 135 pds :wink:

Tonight is the last meal - I will be writing a few reflective items and essays over time. IE: started new job, now I know why I had turned to the ol' liquor bottle last year (was very unhappy with prvious relationship and my own self, etc which is a non-issue now yay!) All that kind of stuff.

So cheers!!! Hope all is well with everyone.

XOX

Post subject: Re: New LIFE craziness + Time for self-ass-kicking!:) Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 am 

Hey Raffi! I wondered what happened to you.. glad to hear your making changes for the better in your life.. it definitely can be scary.. but sounds as if it's for the best.. good for you! I'm actually starting a cleanse again next week as well.. the vernal equinox.. good spring cleaning :) Good luck tomorrow with yours and congratulations on the new you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 am 

WOW it's sara!?! - now we know who has email notification hey? :P

How have you been?! Your last post that I read indicated you hadn't done a cleanse before this past august so.. did you end up trying one out? Hurray for your spring cleaning coming up - will you be blogging or just going through it and not posting (to each their own) I ask because I've noticed these forums seem to have slowed down quite a bit post January lol..surprise surprise.

How's life been? So much to catch up on if you've got a blog on the go :} Congrats on the cleanse you've got coming - I'll follow day by day if you're writing, and if not, thoughts are with ya haha.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am 

OHh just read an old thread that's on the first page here.. Oct and you were on your 2nd cleanse eh? SooOoo drop me the coles notes, how did that all go? Still smoking or did ya totally quit? How long / how many mc's you up to now dear? :)

xox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm 

hi there been reading your posts really inspiring i was on day 4 yesterday then got lonely when my husband left and ate i panicked and drank the tea and nothing woke up at 3am panicked again and did swf and nothing did the swf at 630am and nothing i ended up retaining alot of water from the salt and went from 149 to 155 wow thats alot hoping the numbers will be smaller tomorrow well hope to follow your blog for more inspiration!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 pm 

Haha.. yeah it's me.. and yes I do have email notifications :) I also have had two sick kids with the stomach flu these last couple days so haven't had a chance to reply :/ Anywho.. all is well now.. So, yes I have done a couple MC's now.. it's a bummer that my first journey somehow has disappeared from here.. don't know if that just happens over time with these blogs or what... but, anyways.. I ended up trying my first MC in August.. and lasted 27 days.. was great... life changing really. Never knew I had that much will power and it taught me a lot about myself! The next one I did.. I think was in November or something.. just a ten day-er.. was good.. also different. I never did return to smoking.. which is awesome. So.. all in all.. this one coming will be my third.. after that I want to do some other target cleanses.. particularly a liver/gall-bladder flush and then a kidney cleanse.. don't know in what order yet. Just want to make sure my insides are legit and clean :) Then I'm also considering trying on a gluten-free diet.. maybe not full-fledge but gradually reducing and seeing if I feel a difference. Oh.. after that first cleanse I have been totally vegan ever since.. realized how much better my body does without dairy. The gluten-free thing, however, seems more daunting. We'll see :wink: Hey, I have a question.. you totally turned me on to the Born to Run guy.. and I am really considering buying some vibram five-finger shoes.. have you ever used them? I also have started jogging since the first cleanse and love it. I've never been a runner.. ever.. but, for some reason I thought I'd try it and now I'm addicted. When I first started it was warm out and I loved going to this field and running barefoot.. was awesome.. now though since the cold winter I have got used to running with tennis shoes... but I want to switch it up again.. I am a barefoot kinda girl. Anyway.. just curious if you've tried them.. I don't know anyone personally that can give me input. So.. are you on the cleanse now? I hope things are still going well.. talk to ya later chica!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:08 am 

@ esme - how did your tea go since the other day??? Totally need to relax and figure out if you need to steep it longer, or make sure you're taking in all the water that you can. YOu can have a bunch of poop-tea, but if you're dehydrated it won't work NEARLY as well as if you are :)

@sara - ouch on the kidlings, hope they're feeling better than better! :/ ... I'm sure if you did a search on your own name on the forums you could track down the old thread you had your previous cleanse(s) on, that's how I found this one.. Why this hasn't been moved to journal's/blogs is beyond me.

Congrats on the 27 days (and the others of course!) - it IS life changing isn't it.. you don't know what you've got inside you in terms of will power until you undertake that lol. YAY you never returned to smoking, very very VERY proud of ya. I've quit a few times intermittently, now down to only a few a day down from a half-75% a pack i was at not too long ago.. gross hey? Let me know (unless you have a blog on the go right now) what particular target cleanses you are looking at whenever you look to embark :). Gluten-free is viewed by many as too restrictive, but if you're already veggie or vegan it's not a bad transition at all (from what I hear..but who knows. Probably easier to write down what you CAN eat rather than what you may not for simplicity sake lol). Ahhh.. so now you know why I stressed on the fact how your body's desires and cravings completely change along with how it reacts to not-so-great-for-you-foods.

Vibrams!!! Yes, have had a pair for 1.5 years. They are the BOMB! Be sure to take your time shopping for them, visit their site, decide which one(s) you would like then hunt them down in your local area. Also look in to getting the 5-toe socks just in case which I am sure you can find at the shop where you find the vibrams (they're dead cheap). It is just a personal recommendation because you never know if at first until they're broken in if they'll chafe a tiiiny bit or initial sweat issues .. who knows - but they're worth EVERY penny. all the bare-foot greatness without the danger of getting cut by glass or something else ;). Personally I will never run in my $200 runners i'm wearing now... I just can't after knowing how natural the body mechanics were with the vibrams, nevermind NO heel striking hah. We weren't born with nike's on our feet. There is a transition time between runners and vibrams though as your body has to remember how to connect to the ground properly again. So don't be surprised if you heel-strike for the first bit.. eventually it's ludicrous gazelle mode :)

Day 2
SW: 151 (I had a HUGE last dinner, so not sure how accurate that was)
CW: 144
GW: 135

The day before 'day 1' I had no time to make a mix for the day so 'day 0' was water and OJ day lol.

Energy levels are fine, the 'purging' is in full swing, must have gotten up 3 times last night to run to the can (over-steeped...woops!). A fellow co-worker (new job!) is extremely interested so I've done my best to explain nuggets of knowledge about the cleanse but for the LIFE of me can't find my book..that book traveled with people to diff countries! hah. Anywho, showed her the forums and a basic MC recipe/do and do not's website.... bugs me that I can't find the book :(

The sneeeezing. I completely forgot that I end up sneezing and bringing up the occasional phelgm/having to blow nose fairly often for the first bit. Completely forgot that it loosens all the junk up LOL. Well, it's a good sign :}

The BF has some kind of work dinner thing on Apr 2nd that he wants me to attend.. which really only gives me 14 days (15 is PUSHING it).. was REALLY hoping to throw this in as a one month cleanse but nope, he's screwed me over again :x :wink: :lol:

Well, the only computer access I have is @ work since the one at home is totally hooped and I'm saving $ to move in to a condo =) So please, forgive the intermittent postings :D

xox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 am 

Awesome.. I will definitely look into the Vibrams then.. they are right that it takes some adjustment too.. when I do run barefoot in my house or whatever I always end up real sore using different muscles.. but.. it does seem totally worth it :) Anyway.. I have a copy of the ebook.. I don't know how I could send it to you on here though.. is there a way to send it to you privately or some other way?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next