[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 am 

Day 20:

SW: 155.5
CW: 140.0 (0 change from yesterday)

Hmm, I didn't get to do any LA yestrday until late in the evening, so I wonder if that has anything to do with the 'zero change', possibly from what I've read, yes. No purging in the middle of the night or this morning... just a lot of bubbly action going on inside, then slight cramping when I came to work. Needless to say I"m sure I am in the 130's after sitting on the can for 10 minutes a few minutes ago! TMI.. I know! 8) :oops:

Daaaay 20... Wow? Where has the time gone? I don't understand where! I keep repeating it to myself over and over out loud. 'I haven't eaten a damned thing in 20 days!' and 'TWEN-TYYYY DAYS...' It's a lot when you start saying it over and over.. 20 is nothing to sneeze at.. 20 of anything (minus rice) is a lot! Well.. at least in MY mind... 20... 20.. hah, I can't believe I've made it this far! I have issues quiting smoking or getting out of bed some days... or just doing dishes... BUT I manage to do a cleanse for 20 days??? HOW DOES THAT WORK! hehe, it does demonstrate that when you put your mind into something you really can achieve anything! :wink: 8)

ONE DAY AT A TIME - I may just keep going until 30. 30 is my max - as 5 days after that, my birthday is happenin!

katie:

Thank you for the insight! There is bikram here in the city but the one that we were going to attend was Moksha ... let me find the website.

On their site they were implying that it was more cardio, but the way you explained it is much better. It also indicated their temperature is 37C... But that doesn't matter. The ladies at work that do go to Moksha enjoy it moreso than bikram (their own opinions) because they always change it up, a more mat focused session, next time more standing, next time more concentration on breathing, etc etc... But I can't wait to try it whenever that is.

If you highly recommend not going while on the cleanse, that's fine by me. I'll tell my gf that if she wants to head out that's fine, then maybe i'll join her, otherwise I won't go gungho just yet - wanted to try one class. S'all good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:29 am 

Congrats! I'm glad you made it this far. It truly takes a lot of will and strength :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 am 

Day 21:

CW: 139.0 (-1 from yesterday, 16.5 loss overall)

Good morning team!

*big yawn*

Let me tell you,it is certainly difficult to get out of bed when there have been a few days of snow! :)

130's! Woohoo! finally hit the 130 something's, that is sure a good feeling. It's been a few years since I saw that 13_

Yesterday I noticed that my jeans that I had bought for when I first lost 15 pounds through working out were loose in the theighs, baggy if anything. Of course a little tight on the gut, hah! Since it's freezing out now I'll stick to dress pants... Anyone that's done their time with winter knows the cons of jeans during the winter! Chaffing, jeans turn rock hard... and any slush creeps up from the bottom up! What a nice feeling it was to tug at the 'extra material' to find extra room =)

Last night we went to Indigo (Indigo/Chapters/Coles book stores owned by the same parent company) to check out some books. I passed my learners exam (pre-drivers license) but failed on the eye exam (didn't bring glasses)... so regardless he told me he'd clean up the kitchen and buy me a book! Behold - there was a vegetarian cookbook on sale! I looked at some raw food books and vegetarianism for dummies and etc, but opted out of those... they were more recipe rather than info. Kev asked 'are we really going all vegetarian?' 'No, not completely at first, we'll let ourselves have the occasional meats and whatnot, have to be prepared for outings, weddings, birthdays, etc... But for the mooost part yes!' So instead I picked up a vegetarian cookbook, nicely illustrated and the recipe's looked pretty darn easy with few ingredients! Gives me something to start with =). I will be combining knowledge from a few books to form our meals. 8)

At Indigo they had some live pianist in Starbucks...(She was playing Zanarkland from Final Fantasy 10 for any geeks who care) We were approached by a gentleman who gave us free shot glasses of a coffee and some certificates since it was a new store celebrating their 2 month anniversary. Kev went ahead and grabbed my shot glass of coffee - saving me from awkwardly not drinking it in front of the staff haha.

We went ahead and looked around at some neat 'house' items and picked up some chalkboard paper - sticky on one side of the side paper. We're going to need to pick up a few more, but essentially we want a 5x4 foot 'chalkboard' on one of our walls! Why not inspire creativity hey? :)

130's...one thirty's. I will admit I am a little sad :cry: :cry: on the inside that this cleanse is over in 9 days - considering the fact that my tongue isn't totally pink yet, I am still letting go of 'concentrated evil' and losing a good amount of weight. I would go for a full 40 if it wasn't for my birthday and halloween party's coming up! I am already pre-planning and toying with the thought of doing another cleanse (probably shorter!) after new years so I can shed some more weight and lose some xmas fat haha!

I have planned a sashimi/sushi night for my birthday followed by going to a real life theatre! (we dont go often, us working stiffs!). Then the day before, going out to the sushi place - I will be browsing unknown parts of the menu and see what they have for greenery!

A GF at work just came in and indicated her and a friend were having dinner and one exclaimed 'Can you believe Raffi hasn't had food in TWENTY DAYS' haha.. I found that cute.

One of kev's co-workers wanted to borrow my MC book - as he has been interested. Considering a good gf of mine has now opted out because her man won't do it with her, my 'to borrow' list is short =)

I will be bouncing through other people's blogs today or tomorrow - just have a busy day ahead of me!

Love you all and I hope all is going well! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:36 pm 

UPDATE:

Ok... sit back and ready for yourself for a giggle!

Alrighty, so the man and i are headed to another couple's house for the evenin (same one who was recently wed) and the man is gone out to change to his winter tires...

ANYWAY

So I come home, get some tea on the go and hop in the shower. I weigh myself @ 139.5 and decided, since nooooo one is home - to try on a few dresses.

First: a summer dress, absolutely lovely light peach color was handed down to me. Last time I tried it my double a's (you know, the fat between the arm and the breast..some people call them double a's since they have the shape...of..an A ;) ) were way too aparant and the straps were cutting into my shoulders..big gut and all!

I try it on today and it fits like a charm - WOOHOO

THEEEN

approximately 4-5 years ago I was a bridesmaid for a roomate's wedding and had this gorgeous size 5 dress. (dresses have all sorts a sizes, 5 can mean a 10 or 12 in some clothing stores lol). A couple months ago that friend of mine who had that wedding came into town with her kid and hubby and we decided to see how it fit THEN. well, sadly, the zipper going from the bum up to the 3/4 part up the back could hardly zip half way and I felt the fat bulging everywhere haha..

****TODAY!**** I put it on... felt it going on easier and zipped it as far as I could.. looked in the mirror and LAUGHED OUT LOUD jumping up and down feeling absolutely wondeeerful! So.. I sucked in just to see how much further up it could go - it's only shy 2-3 inches. OH MY GOSH! it's crazy! I can't believe I can damn well nearly fit into this dress...

I look around to make sure kev's not home and start dancing around in the living room like a complete idiot... quitely yelling 'WOOHOO, BAHAhaha..ha..'yep, idiot me prancing, and running back to bathroom to look @ self, frowned at minor gut and thighs which won't trim down, but whatever, it came off the waist and top for sure!! Looked again in the mirror and lifted the chest up 'well, they're not as perky as when I was 17..18? BUT BAH WHO CARES, YAY ME!'...

And there you have it... Little ol' me, writing this out... in a gorgeous bridesmaid dress that I wore 4-5 years ago.. yep.. wearing it now... HAH I can't believe it, this is crazy!

Thought I'd throw this story in here.. 8) .

I just can't believe it! :oops: :oops:

p.s. still 'eliminating', high energy and overall just a good day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 am 

Day 22:

CW: 138.0. (-1 from yesterday, but likely to regain it since I slept soo long today haha)

I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow I weight a little higher lol. I slept until around 1pm ourtime.. was soo tired! So a pound of that is likely to come back since I was sooo dehydrated this morning lol. We were out pretty late last night at a friend's place. Guilty me licked a few chips last night, and hoooly hell - let me tell you -S A L T Y-. :oops: During our stay I must have had at least 10 glasses of water - easily -. I do remember waking up @ 10 something AM today with my bladder feeling in actual pain. Yep, the water decided to come on out THEN, rather than sooner *shakes fist*. I feel like some days I put a race horse to shame! :)

Brutally warm in bed today, was tough to get out, we arrived home @2 - slept @ 3am!

As for BM's, they're usually 2-3 times a day if not a little more. Still eliminating questionable substances every day! woohoo - goo body!

Detox symptoms. Once in a while I get really itchy everywhere but it does not last long (usually in the shower..we do have a high pressure shower head). I have broken out a bit on the face, but nothing tea tree oil can't fix!

Anywhoozle... All is well, since I woke up soo late I have two mixes in front of me and going to take a chill day today!

xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 pm 

Day 23: Thanksgiving - Canadian style!

CW: 139.0 (woke up @ 140, went to the bathroom first thing and weighed 138 - so picking 139 as the happy medium)

Hey team!

Woke up today, a little late again but slept very well! Sat around the house playing games online with kev- and just couldn't do it anymore. I started to think that since my purges have been more 'empty' and the weight hasn't really been moving... that I should at the very least work out a bit..

One thing I noticed though, I am not sweating, cardio is going like crazy, but no sweat? What is with that? Can you get used to a work out and not end up sweating bullets? NO JOKE - I was sweating bullets before, and had beads of sweat above my lip..but nooothing now lol. I really went to town on the mill too!

So after an hour at the gym (half hour mill, the rest = weights), came home and took a shower, got dressed and off for THANKS GIVING DINNER! :shock:

Yep, you heard me - THANKS GIVING DINNER - is today in Canada. I am sitting in the living room writing this out while kev's family and him gorge on ham, turkey, gravy, wine, ovened tomatos, baked potato, cauliflower, stuffing, amongst other things hahaha. I told him specifically to tell his mother not to prep for me. However I think he forgot to let her know so I feel kind of bad since she prep'd soo much food. BUT I asked for an extra large doggy bag so that post cleanse I can enjoy her dinner :)

Having wolverine nose doesn't help that I could smell the cauliflower from outside their house lol (nevermind the ooother foods), but it's ok - I can do this! 7 days to go... 7!

Well, I hope the workout helped, only one more 'function' to attend before I end this cleanse, and that is my father in law's birthday. Seeing as I have survived everything soo far as long as I have, I'd have to say it's been a good run thus far :)

His mother was just saying how worried she'd be at the end of the cleanse because your body is in 'starvation mode' and it'd gain it all back - told her about eating wiser and lighter after the cleanse. Then he starting telling her about the veggie burgers and veggie dogs he's been having and she immediately was saying 'but you have to eat some meat!!!, be sure to eat some meat!!!, stay away from red if you can'... he told her we were going 80/20 - occasional meats, usually fish or something really lean, so i told her we have salmon in the fridge 'good, just be sure to eat some meat' .... So despite the books and scientific data i've been going over - I decided to keep my mouth shut and just agree lol. Never argue with an asian mother =), she is a sweetie, there is no doubt!

Aaaanyway - time to send this posting off - his family is munching out on thanksgiving desert - frozen creampuff looking things lol. *grabs her water* 8) :P :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 am 

Day 24: (Actual Thanksgiving in Canada)

CW: 137.5

Good mooorning team. Let me tell you - it's quite the blizzard up here in edmonton - white snow eeeverywhere.

I could have easilyi gone back to bed but decided to kick my own ass out of bed hehe. 8)

Looks like I'll be spending some time today on the computer! Aside from that - taking it easy, nabbing some LA, maaaybe even fit a work out in there somewhere ;)

Still continuing to spit up bright yellow mucus stuff in the morning - yucky!
Skin still looks clear!

Kev's father's bday is this week and they're going out for dinner but have invited me out. "soo long as you guys don't feel awkward since I won't be eating anything." And they said it was fine :) So that'll be interesting.

Will keep all up to date!

Love Raffi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 am 

Day 25:

CW: 136.5 ( -19 pds soo far =) )

Good morning - and baaack to work we go (boo).. Oh wait, emergency BM!
:oops:

Ok back ;)

As of the past few days I have noticed more yellowish phlegm coming up in the morning! Yellower and yellower. Since there are 5 days left on this cleanse I sense the body hasn't gotten rid of the toxins remain. Plus it doesn't help that I've had the occasional cigarette (yes, I know, bad me, working on it, cut down greatly...etc. I've already beat myself up about it). Thus, I know for certain I will do the cleanse again at the end of xmas/new years!

Aside from the usual, BM's are normal, haven't cheated or anything, just the occasional taste of w/e i'm cooking - but that's it! No nom nom's for me :)

There are still a few individual's at work whom can't believe 'that you haven't eaten in 20+ days' and are dumbstruck but that is to be expected.

~TMI~

Kev noticed that my breasts were developing some loose skin (no you can't notice it, or anything, and I am 23, not 93.. so it looks just fine), not as er - 'massive' as before haha. So today if I head downtown with these boots I will be getting a 'fitting' to see how I do. That's if I can handle the walk without cutting my body lol.

~END OF TMI~

Sad me is sad about my winter boots. kev bought these ones for me for a few hundred last winter and one is severely cutting into the back of my ankle/calf area :( Ah well, what can you do - and I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks to boot! *sigh* (hah, boot..get it? *groan*)

We have a TONNE of ham in the fridge from his parent's place and a bit of turkey/stuffing. That being said, he refuses to touch the turkey since he knows I love stuffing with turkey (will have some post cleanse) ;). As I continue to read 'The China Study' and other books I find that I have a harder and harder time serving him the same amount of meat portions as I usually do... Needless to say with his honey ham I his lunch dish 75% corn/peas, and 25% ham... I guess I made his lunch a very high protein lunch for today so he can enjoy the spoils of his mother's cooking. Still don't feel right feeding him the amount i did in pork but w/e, it IS a transition afterall, and one must be ready for special occasions!

5 days to go - then time to drink OJ and take probiotics yay! (happy dance in chair @ work...very discretely)

xoxox

Raffi 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 am 

Day 26:

CW: 136.5 (no change from yesterday but still feelin fine!)

Goood morning guys, gals, misc!

Oh the shame, I knew I wasn't keeping up with my daily intake of fluids and mix yesterday and as a result - no change in weight but w/e - this only further confirms the importance of keeping up with it!

Furthermore I took a night off from the treadmill, but the days that I lost one pound were likely from when I worked out the night before - just a guess since it does burn calories!

Had some tea this morning and sucking back on water before I make a mix =)

I've been finding it mildly disturbing the past few nights... Been dreaming of breaking the cleanse and stuffing my face or something silly. Then I wake up in a panic and feeling guilty to only find to my relief I'm just in bed and have the familiar sensations of pre-purge lol. Perhaps I am having all these strange food-related dreams because I am extremely aware of how many days I have left to go on the cleanse, and keep going over my 'meal plans' over and over in my head.

Our weather here has been interesting to say the least... we've seen as cold as -17, and now we're going to move to +20 during the weekend. that's a near 40 degree difference within a week! What on earth? *grumbles something about global warming*

Last night I made the man some dinner... comprised of garlic, rice, peas, corn, egg. then in a seperate sauce pan I took some of his thanksgiving ham and tossed in some VH sweet and sour sauce. Yep, tasted just like spare ribs in sweet and sour... I tasted the rice and I immediately tasted the burned garlic - AH! I was soo dissapointed but the man gobbled it up.. said it was amazing yade yade yada... Even though he swears it was great, I can't help but not believe him haha.. perhaps because my sense of taste and smell are through the roof. I felt bad so I made a ham and cheese sammich for him. Yes, we are COMPLETELY out of veggies and healthier stuff but it'll have to do until Friday.

I found myself going over my plan for first few days of post-cleanse eating, over and over... juice first day, juice and broth 2nd day, soup and salad next day, then soup, salad, maybe a bit of rice to test out more solid foods... then my birthday - sushi night -. I intend to stay away from the rolls that have mayo in them, and stay away from tempura - etc. Going to try all the veggie rolls and go for sashimi. I am EXTREMELY curious to see if my tummy can handle that amount of food (which wont be much), to see if it has shrunk any lol.

Already had a BM today, I expect quite a few more but will keep you all up to date =)

Raffinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:47 am 

Been really thinking hard about when to break this cleanse...

I have no concern with the plan I have laid out thus far, except for the birthday next friday. My big concern is my body may not be ready for a bit of sake... There will be many lush greens and healthy dishes for me to pick from but I really would like a few sips of sake - But I don't want to totally mess myself up and get terribly sick...

I'd like to end the cleanse a day or two earlier but then I won't be able to say I did the full 3-0...kind of takes away from it.. yeah..probably silly, but thats my take. Should I break it now to be safe? It's been 26 days, my first time through the cleanse, I'd say thats a huge stretch for me. But I am having a tough time deciding this one

Oh what to do what to do! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:34 am 

Day 27:

CW: 136.0 (-.5)

Mornin team. Well.. I haven't heard a single thing (yet) on the Q&A forums or on this blog about how long will be necessary to transition off the cleanse in time to have sushi and a sip of sake on the 23rd... Really need to know. The book I read only indicated the 10 cleanse 'coming off' steps/days. And everything else I read points to only needing 4 or so days...

Well, off to work..bringing my lemons too!
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 am 

UPDATE:

CW: 135.5

Had a few bm's before work and ended up @ 135.5. 20 pounds gone yayyy! I've noticed a significant slow down in loss as of recent but that's fine =)

I had no real time to work out last night so I just hit the mill hard for 25 mins and felt just fine! No sweating anymore, just a tiny bit, face red, all good! I really want to aim for time to just do endurance jogging now, i feel I've worked my way up to beginning that =)

No detox symptoms of any sort anymore for quite some time past the 'elbow-skin-face' a few weeks ago. However I've noticed my left under-eye lid twitching every soo often the past few days. Not sure if that's lack of sleep (7 hours should be enough?) or if I am stressed and don't know it?

My only real concern is how long the transition period should be when coming off this cleanse @ roughly 30 days (haven't decided if i should break a few days earlier to prep tummy for bday or just go bank and hope that 4.5 days would be enough time... :shock: :( :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 am 

I think your plan should be fine - just be careful with the sake. It will probably be hard to overindulge because you get full very quickly after you complete the cleanse.

You mentioned that you have probiotics, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:23 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next