[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home :) - Life blew up - Cleanse day 1 tomorro
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 am 

Reflections on the MC:

Though having done the MC a few times, each time I find that there has been always something new to learn about myself. Whether it be of physical manifestation 'Ohh, that's interesting and new!' , mental clarity (able to focus 10,000x better during and after each cleanse), spiritual connectedness (not sure how to describe that one)...etc.

I also find that there have been other factors such as internal desires to re-ground oneself, absorb mentally, emotionally, physically the trials of the past x months or years, to really give yourself time to think clearly, take care of the bod heart mind and soul and hit a new level of self-connectedness.

This time around, the year has been extremely busy, major life changes and choices undergone. Starting from scratch; emotionally, financially, mentally, physically, spiritually, misc - etc :shock:. I'm glad to have taken the last month off to just exhale from all the changes, but it's REALLY time to wrap my head and heart around what's happened recently, take a MUCH DEEPER look in to why things have happened as they have and then just .... let it all go.

Let it all go... That is the reason why I completely disconnected from facebook (I'm a social networking whure!).. the less distractions, the more time spent looking within to all that stuff listed above.. and you know, get used to being alone... No one around at the end of the day, no roomates, no obligations to anyone...etc, just much needed 'quiet'.

The reasons:

1. Let it all go
2. heal the body from the abuse it took just recently, and that was A LOT of abuse
3. Mentally, emotionally really for once in my life FULLY-CONNECT, rather than 'reconnect' to an old methodology of being. Time to re-write the book of me. The old standard way of thinking is well.. OLD. Too damn old. Time to grow in to that person I knew I should have been years ago but wasn't honest enough with my own-self to DO something about it and kept putting everyone else first.
4. drop some pds.

Well then. That feels MUCH better - being able to put it all on to e-paper... Think I just grew up a bit (ding!) there.. :shock:

Back to work!

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home :) - Cleanse day 1. Forgot mix :(
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:04 am 

Day 2
SW: 144.8
CW: 142.8
GW: <130

:P Mooornin! :P

Managed to clean the fridge out last night - WOW is she ever bare! But that's for the better :) Didn't hit the clothing pile, just decided to sit on the computer and lay around not expending too much energy. Fell asleep early and had a relatively good sleep minus getting up a few times to run to the can.

Holy poops-magee-batman!

Whenever the midnight-thrown calls I try to drink a full handfuls/glass of water, that way it keeps everything moving along and the tea isn't totally dehydrating you. Also notice there are more BM's during the overnight if I keep that going...Which also means a smoother time waking up and getting ready, no cramps or 'uh oh brb' moments lol.

I have chosen to take the tea as soon as I get to work rather than just before leaving for the commute so as to no panicked moments first thing in the day lol. :oops:

Some emotional healing is being done, surprised myself - was choking up on the train and even teared up once at home this morning. Came to a few realizations on a few things, so HURRAH for mini-break throughs :)

Well - 'tis that time again - back to work! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 2. Emotional heaaalin' :D
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am 

Steam room. It's happening today after work!

Now I am fully aware of the warnings (and you should be too) of jumping in to a steam room when on any type of liquid cleanse; beit water,the MC, juicing, etc. So I will be ABSOLUTELY sure to bring a bottle of water with me and have some mix before hand to keep blood/sugar up =)

For those who don't know - yes, you'll lose weight but that's just water weight since you're sweating it all out and then rehydrating with liquids again - so niiiice try guys! Though there were rumors about people losing double during the cleanse with that I'm going to lean on the side of doubtful.

RATHER - what happens when you sweat your face off folks? Steam is crazy good for relaxing your muscles and cleaning your pores and getting extra toxicity out 8)

I remember once thinking of checking out hot yoga during a cleanse but since those sessions were intensish decided not to. At least this will be stationary to reduce the risk of over-doing-it.

It being day 2 I feel perfectly fine, no energy issues, and I had NO IDEA I could go through this much water in a day, more water intake this time around than any other..it's odd, but the more the merrier right :!: :?: :wink:

Hope everyone is doing well! I did ask to have this thread moved to the journal/blogs section of this site but it has yet to happen. This journal started up before that category of the forum was created - that's why it's listed here :)

Will post after tonight's steam room fun! Haven't used the one @ my complex yet so we'll see if I can figure out how to even start it up lol.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 2. Emotional heaaalin' :D
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm 

Steam room was actually a 'sauna' - same shiat diff pile in my books. STEAMY AS FACK is all I wanted :)

I could only last 20 minutes as it was getting crazy hot/somewhat difficult to breathe due to the warmth. Stepped out in the middle to grab some water and fresh air...then hopped back in, sweated more!

Going to be doing this every night that I can. Felt great, relaxed, all soft and mooshy :lol: ...Almost started meditating...almost, next time I'll see how long I can quiet the brain for earlier in the steamery :) .... That is another reason for the cleanse - get back to quieting the mind!

Nope! I can not describe just how awesome it was to sit in there with the lights off (though some light comes through the room door) and just relax!!! Just wow!

Anywho - no lightheadedness, notta. It IS only day two, I know how much more 'sensitive' the body gets later on in the cleanse so we'll see how that goes!

Na night team!

xoxo
Raffi

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 2. Steam room + emotions :D
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 am 

Day 3:

CW: 141.8

Morning team!

Well, another day down, another pound down. Feelin' good, went through 2 bm's overnight and woke up super early (a few minutes shy of 5am)... Not sure why but for a while now I've been waking up an instead @ 7ish, at 6.. this is pre-cleanse.... So I'd toss and turn and fall back asleep, and since it interrupted my sleep I'd hit snooze until the last minute and rush out the door lol. Wonder if it's because I'm needing more and more 'black out' conditions to block the morning sunlight?.. who knows?

So now I'm waking up an hour earlier than my 'early' - which is to be expected with the cleanse, less energy spent digesting = waking up earlier...

Anywho - today is that Luncheon thing... :cry: Lil' worried about a small cave-in seeing as it's going to likely be the ministier, deputy mister, assistant dep. minister, managers from every office in our ministry - etc etc...So it's not like if it's an in office bday party you can just wave your hand at the buffet table lol. Sort of an expectation might be set. So we'll see! But I will be happy to see a lot of old faces from around the ministry and of course, some time off from work for 3.5 hours lol. good times!

Found an awesome guy on youtube who just completely resonated in terms of mannerisms, philosophy and he's a raw foodist. I doubt I'll ever go fully raw but man this guy makes this ridiculously easy and cheap and just spreads a lot of happiness in his videos, and some VEEEEERY wise words, especially about cleansing. Once I'm at home I'll fish around for the links :)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

XOX

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 3. Big luncheon @ work :S
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 am 

Hi Ralf!

I have read all your posts and you really inspire me. I am like you from Canada, but live in Ontario, but originally I am European and came here when I was 9 (now I am 25). I just finished on May 31 my 10 day cleanse and I feel great! I have lost 11 pounds, and on my ease out I have lost one more pound. Today officially I can eat everything, but I am not sure when I am going to start eating meat etc... I have a wedding to go to today and there will be lots of temptations but I am really trying to stay strong and lose more weight.

I have a 5month old baby and this weight is my pregnancy weight AND it is really, really hard to take off!
I wish you best of luck and I will be reading your posts to keep myself encouraged. :)

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 3. Big luncheon @ work :S
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 am 

Day 6

CW: 140.0
GW: <130 or+-

Alrighty! So quick update!

Friday's recognition dealio was exactly what I feared - one of those 'expectation' lunches with people from all over the city and province, couldn't wiggle way out of that unfortunately..SOOoo yeah - had foods and lots of it... Now starts the portion of the cleanse that SHOULD be uninterrupted lol.

So I've spent the weekend being consumed with this one guys' videos on youtube and he happens to be an up and coming youtube superstar in terms of 'raw foodism'. I'm still going through all the videos and will see if I can find a few awesome ones that I can post on here :)... The guy is making some seriously awesome cases, along with a few other people i've found on youtube... except time ran away from me and I was entranced by all the videos lol. For those who can't wait for a posting and are super curious; Dan McDonald aka 'The Life Regenerator' look him up on youtube :)

@ladyone: Woohoo, a fellow canuck of the same age! ;) (euro or not doesn't matter to me). Hope your wedding went well for you and wow you're a new mom at that - congrats, that's beautiful!!! 8) Congrats on your w.loss too and keep it up!!

So rent and everything came out - and that 'unexpected' financial thingy happened so it looks like penny pinchin' time to the <WRESTLING MR. VOICE MAN> EEEeeextreeeemeeee!!! :shock:. All I need to do is make it until Friday morning and we're good. I need to head to the store tonight just to find out if I have any $ on a old grocery store gift card lol. If so then YAY more lemons and syrup, if not, then I get to be stingy on them which is the last thing I want to do. Oh well, c'est la vie!!!

Still waking up @ 5:45 despite having gone to bed at around midnight lol... Still get myself to go back to bed for another hour (not hard when bed is nice and warm and cozy hehe). Otherwise all is well!

I am seriously considering going mostly raw so the first thing that captured my attention was the Spirooli Spiral Slicer..

Short cool little vid:

Ordering that as soon as Friday hits =)

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey! Xoxox

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 6. Thinkin about 80% Raw
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 am 

I am seriously considering going mostly raw as mentioned previously.. Though I am not sure how I will approach it just yet.

Will I need a full on transition? Saaaay, start with steaming everything?
Or will I stick to my 'usual' all or nothing attitude?

I couldn't imagine having asparagus without steaming it o_O or heating it sooomewhat up first lol.

But I CAN see myself eating SHITE tons of salads and exploring raw foods (not to the extent of a dehydrator though, not unless I REALLY got in to it for some time), and I've been doing my research :)

And I CAN see myself juicing veggies etc...

Maybe I'll do transition like... 'The Life Regenerator' Dan shows in his vids:
SERIOUSLY does that not look tasty??

I know I can handle boat tons of salads, and there is A LOT more to 'raw' than just salads lol..I'd really like to get in to juicing, but not quite willing to completely part with the whole heating of things entirely. Maybe I will switch to steaming! Ah, I'll figure it out lol.

It has come to my attention that I've been slowly working my way towards healthier and healthier eating.. I mean DUH that's a no brainer and anyone that has known me since '09 can say there's a massive difference but... but I keep doing better and better each and every single time. I mean heck, 2 meat proteins a week? Nooot baaad! Enjoy salads? HECK YES! So next stage is to either move more in to raw or go the steamed route... and incorp. more raw.

...come to think of it....

I've seen quite a few VLOGS out there where people can spend up to a year just prepping to go raw, slowly trying recipes, they're already mostly vegetarian or vegan so for them it's been baby steps leading to that whole 'raw foodist' point. Even if it isn't full-on raw, each case is different in terms of how the person chooses to approach it. SURE that's no brainer/common knowledge to 'build up' to something but I find it interesting watching other peoples' progress.... Guess my next stop is to crawl the post-cleanse eating forums to gather even more info about peoples' experiences.

SEE answered my own question, just needed to get it out on e-paper!! Start steamin' and go raw as often as possible. :)

That's my rant, more rants to come :)

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 6. Thinkin about 80% Raw
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 am 

Day 7

CW: 139
GW: <130+-

Gooood mornin!

Still going to bed around near midnight but waking up around 6am with a few trips to the bathroom every night... Last night I doubled up on tea due to having missed tea in the morning... And let me tell ya - poopsville!!

I am still trying to decide between the veggie spiraler or a food processor...not sure yet. Food processor that can dice and well, do the normal choppy thing lol, or something that can make faux pasta out of zucchini/squash/make short work of any veggie in that way... but so can a food processor..it just doesn't do the 'faux pasta' thing hmm... COULD do both I guess but trying to minimize initial cost lol... you know what? Nah - food processor :}

Haven't been hitting the steamroom as much as I had planned, been too engrossed in raw-food video's/movies ... There's a video that is the opposite of 'Supersize Me' that won some awards - 'Supercharge me' .... looks REALLY good, so that has been downloading since last night and will check it out tonight :)

:shock: ~~~Lady issues~~~ :(

So since the move Apr. 1st and the incredible amount of stress that went with it I've been getting my cycle FAR FAR too often. No joke - one week on, one week off, one week on...etc, it's been disturbing my conscience quite a bit! I haven't been missing any anti-baby pills so I"m not sure what is causing it. After having moved I moved to a mostly veggie diet, like extreme change. I ran a bunch of research around the web and the massive change in diet has been known to cause this and it could take some time to become 'regular'... But it's still happening. I'm scared that it might be cysts on the ovaries (though no family history) like a girlfriend of mine but once I am done this last pack of anti-baby pills I'm going off them and giving it one more month to see what happens. After that it'll be doctor-yearly-check-up time. So send some happy thoughts my way folks! :( :( :(

Other than that, no detox symptoms aside from breaking out (Though I am hitting ANOTHER cycle so that could be why) and sweating quite a bit just in the pit area..more than usual, so that's a good sign - get that crap out!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! XOX

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 7. broke the 140 plateau :)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 pm 

HOLY GREASE M'GEE BATMAN. Seriously, over the afternoon my skin has just erupted in grease.. Just to see how much, I took a small purple sticky note and decided to rub it over greasy areas on the face.. YES, it was a funny sight watching me do this, then looking at the sticky and making the :shock: then :| then D: face :)

According to Shiva's post about the stages of detox'in...

Stage 2 (Day 3 To Day 7)
Fats, composed of transformed fatty acids, are broken down to release glycerol from the gliceride molecules and are converted to glucose. The skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body. People with problem-free skin may have a few days of pimples or even a boil. A pallid complexion is also a sign of waste in the blood. Ketones are formed by the incomplete oxidation of fats. It is suspected that the ketones in the blood suppress the appetite by affecting the food-satiety center in the hypothalamus. You may feel hungry for the first few days of the fast. This effect is temporary. The desire to eat will disappear. Lack of hunger may last 40 to 60 days, depending on whether you are on water or juice.

otherwise that's about it for detox today!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 am 

CW: 138.4
GW: <130+-

The biggest looser weigh in @ work is 1 more weigh in away from completion (next week the person weighing peeps is away so the week after that is the final weigh in), lol I'm looking forward to seeing how our entire office does, everyone's been doing such a great job!!!

Mornin folks!

Hit the sack a little earlier last night. In all honesty I expected to wake up at like 4 or 3 something but I instead slept right up until near alarm clock... Body seemed to have needed more rest apparently! I also had no issues waking up and get moving, unlike the normal groggy BLEH, smack snooze 3 times then panic rush to get out lol. Oh how I did miss that rejuvenated clear minded wake-up routine, even caught the earlier bus to work!

No BM's overnight, though all night and morning it's been tummy gurgle-ville lol. Probably because I combined two poop-tea bags in my cupboard, one of which is extra str, and one of which is 'regular', the health store was out of extra strength which I normally use so that is why there are two different strengths, bet ya the tea I had last night was 'regular' due to the non-waking-up-mid-way-panic-bathroom-run ;) One BM so far this morning since getting to work. Having some tea right now though :)

As for 'lady time' - it's full force so I don't know how much THAT is affecting anything aside from my mood swings lol. I spent a solid 5 minutes washing and re-washing my face last night in the shower - just greaaaasy as heck! Otherwise, no other symptoms of detox that I know of.

**personal non MC rant skip this**
Energy level is great! My brain still won't shut up about the ex and just how much I want to tell him to what extent he showed little respect. Though I'm over the relationship and all that itself and wouldn't have an issue hanging out with him, I'd like to plant a seed in his head and just get that portion out so that one day he'll FULLY realize just what not to do to his 'next' and if we ever hook up one day, to never make that mistake again. Anyyyyway I hope in time I can let it go if I never get to express that. My brain is constantly consumed with those thoughts of all the recollections and instances where respect wasn't shown. Feelings of angst and all that crap keep arising, hell, even muttering to myself sometimes lol. So hopefully this all subsides in my mind and I can actually let it go. Did I have issues post leaving the 8 year relationship like this? Nope, none. But with the 8 month one? Hell yes lol. Still holds true though - MOST people only remember and hold on to the bad, not the good. I refuse to let myself to only remember 'the bad'. I find that my intense desire to get this off my chest to him is mainly out of the desire to feel understood and the carebear factor that maybe one day he'll see just how far up his ass his head was sometimes and not to repeat his own mistakes. Sure they're his to make and it is not my place to change someone or try to..no no no. But a hint of realization whether it's now or 5 years from now are all I can hope for. If I simply told him then it would ALL stop, the brain and heart would feel 10,000x lighter and the brain would just shut up. Perhaps this is a test of self-governance of the mind?

Ah well, c'est la vie. That's a good portion of this cleanse, is to get in touch with what is going on .. on the inside, ask myself why I feel the way I do and all that crud. Not only that but going back to a previous point in a different post... To let it go. I've let everything else go. I'm not crucifying myself for my own previous choices, nope never. Even over this whole relationship thing, i'm over THAT aspect of it, what happened happened, learned a ton and move on. But can I let go of what I mentioned above? Guess that will be the test. Still tearing up out of frustration on the ODD occasion, like..now lol, not over the fact that we're broken up or whatever nope, that I made peace with ages and ages ago. But just out of..frustration in hoping he actually understands to the extent what he should be sorry for lol. I know if I were to get this out on him I could just return to just good buddies who geek out playing games and BS about life and such and everything would be fine. His thoughtless words were breaking my heart hah, good thing we walked away from that relationship! But guess the old saying is true, "one of the strongest drives in human nature is to be appreciated and understood'. Ahhh k, my vent fest is done, always feels good to rant on e-paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSPIRATIONAL STUFF COMING NEXT!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 am 

INSPIRATIONAL STUFFS

Things to remind myself of today:

Select your thoughts like how you select your clothes everyday.
- I find that funny since if I don't lay them out the night before... It's in a mad scatter rush the next day lol, what does THAT say? :)

I know sometimes I'm feeling awful, but my life is changing and that's not a bad thing
Spirituality is just being what you are, fully.
Be me and not be a slave to the external world
The key to finding peace is accepting things as they are
Take a walk and just breathe! The universe is accepting orders.

Post subject: Re: Honey I'm home - Cleanse day 8. Emotional Rollercoaster!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:46 am 

CW: 137.5

Mooornin team!

Not much to report except that everything is good! No real detox symptoms going on that I know of just yet other than still sweating unnecessarily under the arms and just overall skin grease-ness. Good times.

Been continuing to look up raw food recipes on YouTube every night, all night, and holy heck the community is MUCH larger than I thought!! There's even a Raw food body builder (big guy) doing his own thang for recipes and info lol... So I've priced out a 4cup food processor and a cheap blender to pick up tomorrow :).

So far I've decided that condiments/dressings will not be all raw (I'm sorry but I LOVE ME MY HOT SAUCE)but I'll stay away from the milky ones like ranch as much as possible :). Also decided that if I make veggie sushi (have/had a sushi/sashimi addiction)that if I need a binder not to be afraid to pick up store-bought humus if I don't have cauliflower puree'd or more avocado on hand or something.. But I've been looking up loads of recipes so I'm not worried.

Still trying to decide how much will be raw/how long of a transitionary period I may desire. This is something you can only predict so much until you actually DO it. I know the veggie soup will be as per norm. come end of cleanse, body wouldn't be able to digest raw root veggies too easily, so I will stick to that being cooked for sure. I know I absolutely LOVE my sammiches.. I could use sprouted grain bread and minimize breads as much as possible..maybe go with thinner bread like pita for a bit... though I have enjoyed lettuce wraps in the past so maybe try that!! So I'll be leaning on wraps, home made veg. sushi rolls, salads, fruits, soups, maybe steamed veggies until the body gets used to a high-intake of veges. Whatever isn't raw I won't beat myself up over that much I know :)

There are some seriously awesome looking recipes out there so I'm slowly building a list in my head for now of what staples I am going to need... However I have no idea how long this cleanse is going to last either lol.

Anywho back to work, I booked tomorrow off to go around town shopping for stuff so lots to prepare for since Illl be holding down the fort here @ work with a bunch of people gone next week - NERVOUS - :oops: :oops:

Post subject: Re: Cleanse day 9 - Shoppin time tomorrow :D
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:38 am 

Hi Raffi! So once again you are an inspiration to start preparing for another cleanse.. haha.. you seem to be on a schedule just a week or two ahead of me consistently :) Sounds like things are good for you.. and I may follow your lead with the whole raw food thing too.. been interested in it for some time now. Just kept thinking it was gonna be too hard but I like your idea of some steamed and some raw.. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself, duh! :lol: So, you know I was wondering about getting a food processor myself but then I thought if I have a good blender is it really necessary? Do you know the difference? Well, take care girl.. good luck with everything! Btw.. loved your "inspirational stuffs".. totally right on!

Take a deep breath. A big breath.
Now you can tell people your day was breathtaking. :)

Post subject: Re: Cleanse day 9 - Shoppin time tomorrow :D
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am 

Hey Raff
Just wanted to say that if you suddenly get a sticky face I'd say that means your skin is being massively cleared out and all the toxins are being thrown out :D I get really pleased when I wake up on cleanse with a messy face because it means serious work is being done :D keep going, you're doing great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next