[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse day 2 - It's been so long!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 am 

Katie - I now primarily utilize the tea, a decision I made Saturday night.

I have used this tea many many a time, even before the thought of doing the MC. For me, the tea works like a charm. I usually have it the night before, depending on how long I've stepped it for I might wake up with a cramp (too much stepping) in the wea hours of the morning, head to the can and do my dirty business. Or, if I steppe it just long enough (a few minutes) As soon as I wake up in the morning I may go once or twice before leaving for work.

Honestly, the tea, for me at least, makes me 'go' 3-4 times in a morning, depending on how long I stepped it during the evening.

As for the SWF - I tried just the SWF the first few days (couldn't find a store with my tea initially) and had no results...mind you that could be because I still had solid build up from before starting the MC. But - even now I find, it takes up to TWO TABLESPOONS of SWF to get me to - 'go'. Not that I mind chokign it down, I'll do whatever it takes but each time I have it in the morning then weigh myself the NEXT morning, there is minimul weight difference. usually .5 pds or zero change, and it doesn't seem to affect MY bowel movements any to be honest... I generally feel more bloated and like if I am retaining more water than I should be...just doesn't feeeeel right to do it every mornin

I even tried a small tea in the morning to keep me going all day (I DO have access to bathrooms at work easily enough), and I found it of course, highly effective. This stuff will make you GO=) just dont' ahve too much, the cramps really suck :(

I also noticed that if I take a poo or two in the morning (wea hours or when I wake up) I'm ok for a while... then once I am standing long enough (think of gravity!) I get a few cramps or gas buildup and have to go again! This is without fail.. laying down position suddenly to upright I think has an effect on how the juices flow on the inside ;)

Hmm.. I wouldn't really suggest the tea for the day time though - since I know how fast it works on me, I think it would strip all of the LA and water right out of the system before the LA/maple have time to 'do their work'...but thats just my thought.

Since today is day 9 - IF I decide to continue onwards past 10 days I will only have the SWF every few days, as it IS supposed to help overall to flush things out... So I will not omit it completely, just wont do it every day...

I know that MagicMarsha has been noticing the same deal with the SWF for her so I am sure her and I will share results =)

Raffi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 am 

Day 9
SW: 155.5
CW: 147 (-1 from yesterday)

Alllrighty, back to work (golf clap)...

Down one pounderoo today - woohoo - I am seriously beginning to come to the conclusion that I should not do the SWF every day, it is inhibiting weight loss, but I will continue to do it every soo often, just not daily or bi-daily.

Yesterday's energy was amazing... it was rediculous!

I completed 12 hours of cleaning non-stop! Yep, pulled out all our laundry, unpacked clothes that were still sittnig around from when we moved (eww.old apartment smell!)... folded everything, organized it, etc.. WOW we have a lot of clothes...

Went shopping for lemons - Unfortunately there isn't any organic anything at my 'SuperStore' aside from bananas :roll: :evil: ... but I was very picky about what I picked.. all the pre-bagged ones were absolute crap, slowly turning moldy, far too non-ripened...rediculous honestly... But I do have a few for today and tomorrow... brought the syrup and a few lemons today to work =)

took care of dishes, made meals... the man went to have dinner with his rents - thats when I headed to the store...When I came back he opened the door as I was putting the key in, took my bags, told me the Epsom salt bath was ready for me and then helped me get out of the icky clothes haha... TMI, but regardless - it was awfully sweet because I had been 'working non-stop all day'.

Him and I are starting to beeeliiieve that perhaps I am doing all these things around the condo as a 'distraction' from eating food... lol... perhaps - I wouldn't be surprised! *stares at her bandaid from the other days' cut :( *

Mind you, the entiiiiire day I had food network on! Seriously, I have enjoyed watching it while on this cleanse... Puts food into perspective for me... as in nutritional value of what people eat every day and or lack there of... Anyway - that was fun ^^ the healthier dishes give me great ideas!

The man told me I may want to consider becoming a nutritionist since I have been picking up all these books and have made nutrition/diet my all-consuming current interest lol. We'll see about that! I toyed with the idea of opening a raw foods restaurant, or a mini bistro/cafe type deal on the same floor/building as say a 'hot yoga' place... then dismissed it since I know nothing about raw foods and or yoga to begin with :roll: 8) :wink: :oops:

Elbow-skin-face: It is feeling pretty dry - well the bumps do. I can run a finger over them heavily enough to make flakes fall (ew. I know.). But no more redness! Again, something you can't see, just feel.

Yet... although 'dry/flakeyness' is apparent - my skin still feels very oily.. it's an odd feeling, but that's detox for ya!

It's 10 am - been a busy morning for me, haven't had time to have my beverage yet - but I think I'll have 4 tablespoons worth (about 2 of my lemons worth) to catch up (thats 2 LA's) with for this morning.

I might just pull a magicmarsha (as her and I were discussing on her blog) and after the 10 days - see how I feel, if I feel good enough, keep going and just tell myself I can stop anytime I want. A part of me misses eating and drinking 'normally' or just being 'able'/'allowed' to do so. Yet another part of me is seeing results so why stop?

Speaking of results - Noticed this morning that my BM's have been getting more and more mucusey..and dark/thick looking - I hope thats good - at least I think it is?

Alrighty - back to work - holy hell it's been 2 hours already at work - time to tackle this mountain of shite! :twisted:

<3 Raffi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:27 am 

Update:

Still doing movements all morning... again, all compacted stringy dark matter coming out - I assume that's a good thing!

A co-worker just asked how the cleanse was going, told him about it.. he mentioned my skin was starting to look really clear and vibrant **yay!**.. told him it sure as hell didn't feel like it with all the bumps but that was a nice compliment! *chair grooves in her office*

The onset of fall having just hit us in Alberta must be contributing to skin dryness...seriously, it wont stop flaking - but out with the old, in with the new - this is how a snake feels!

Dear lord, its a half hour frmo 'lunch time' already!@#$.. and I haven't had any LA! AHHH *runs to lunch room*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 am 

Day 10:

Cw: 146.5 (-.5 from yesterday, down 9 altogether)

Needless to say - yesterday night was spent lounging around the house - had a busy day at work and that pooped me out... Did not work out, but overall I felt just fine. I even... EVEN... made PIZZA

That was tough, it was more like a test to myself, didn't cave in and start inhaling food though, as tempting as it was.

DAY 10 YAY ME!

Just like marsha and i am sure many others, I do not want to end this cleanse... There is soo much energy put into mental will power and motivation intially AND to maintain the discipline during the fast that it would seem a waste (for myself) to stop now. I had been reading about detox symptoms and it was indicated the 20-30 days while on the fast are the pinnacle of healing for the body. I still have some in-between skin layer type bumps/infection that hasn't gone away in a year, and i dont want to play the 'what if' game afterwards.. 'maaaybe i would have cured it.. etc?' ...

The tougher part is that up here in Canada on the 12th of October - is Thanksgiving.... that would mean TWO thanksgiving dinners - one for my parents and one for the man's parents... AND THEN on the 15th of october is my father in law's birthday - THEN on the 23rd is MY bday

That's 4 big occasions folks - all centered around eating and drinking and merriment! Ugh... this IS a tough decision to make but I can not deny that I have been seeing results - and thats just based off of the cleansing portion... yep!

I really dont know what I am going to do, and probably one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in ages.. AGES AGES!

I know eventually i will have to make a decision - because it does take time to get back into solids too.. have to account for that!

Ok.. Like marsha mentioned - I have told myself YAY CONGRATS YOU - YOU HAVE DONE 10 DAYS - YOU MAY PASS GO - YOU MAY COLLECT $200! (oddly, it's payday today too! ;) )... and just go day by day knowing that at anypoint I can stop, and start with the easing out portion.

*Scratches head* .. oh man!
Also! My period is now on for 11 days... it usually stops around 5 days. I started the MC mid-way through it, and i kept spotting, then yesterday I felt a lady-cramp and sure enough, had to pick up some tampons and use em, its like 2 back to back periods! Not that I mind, it is very light, but just ... interesting - I wonder if the body is re-working the hormones?

Well anyway - I also read a more thoroguh cleansing would involve more water, so I will be trying 3 LA's today and the rest all water, will weigh in and see if there's a difference tomorrow!

Last edited by RandomRaff on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Period
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 am 

Raff,
Do you take birth controll pills? If so, your "second" period could be caused by flushing them out of your system. I tried to cleanse once a few years ago, but immediately stopped after day 3 because I got my period unexpectedly. I looked into it this time, and it happens a lot on the pill. No worries, I'd just stay on with your pills, and use condoms this month.
Hope that helps!
About your decision—what if you just took it day by day, and saw how you felt? You could still go until October 9 and then transition for a few days before Thanksgiving. Or you may find, after a few more days, that you are ready to start your transition sooner. Just listen to yourself, you internal voice, and don't let outside influences get the best of you. But I do admit, Thanksgiving, of all holidays, is a hard one to be doing the cleanse for, especially if you must go to the dinners and not opt out.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 am 

Katie - I was on the BC pills before the cleanse but stopped because I had a fear that the cleanse, since it is pushing stuff out - would end up effecting the BC effectiveness... There may have been some of that stuff hanging around in the system, hence why the double period..- a very good point katie!!!!

Also I was editing my post while you posted - yeah I will go day by day and see how I feel - one day at a time, listen to the body and work with it =)

Thanksgiving turkey *drools* haha oh well, if I opt out I will admittedly make up for it @ xmas =)

weee shall seeee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:38 am 

Update: Wow, went to the ladies room and expunged more concentrated evil, it's getting more solid and mucus-ee ... nasty yes, but a sign of concentrated evil making it's way out.. GOOD SIGN!

I am thinking that I just may go for another day or two, we'll see from there!

Elbow-skin-face update: not much of a change, dry as all hell and bumpy but not red whatsoever, the bumps seem to be less bumpy so that's good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 pm 

RandomRaff - Congrats on making it this far!! If you can, just take it one day at a time from here. That is how I ended up at 20 days on my last cleanse. I never said I was going to go for 20 days - I just made it to 10 and decided to take it one day at a time from there. In a way, that was eaiser because the pressure was off. I was able to tell myself everyday that this is a choice I am making and that I can eat anytime.

Not sure if that helps - and it sounds like you have already decided to take it one day at a time - so that's great! Let's stay in touch through to the end - however long it may go!

Here's to Day 11! ?? !! ?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 am 

Day 11:

CW: 145.0 (-1.5! from yesterday)

Good morning! Going to keep this short since I have a 3 hour staff meeting very shortly! :cry:

Yesterday was good, visited my gf who just came back from her honeymoon. Started talking to her about 'The China Study' book a bit and she was intergued but I held my tongue since I don't want to over-talk about something and get people annoyed... But she was intregued!

Anyway - Yesterday I had a few mixes, then the rest water during the day... then another mix @ night, then tea... Dropped a whoppnig 1.5 pounds and still had BM's AND no hunger pangs, AND had an abundance of energy.

Elbow-skin-face is really dry, but less and less bumpy - gf made a comment that it was looking more of an even tone =)

I forgot my cayenne at home today but I will make a mix of maple/lemon at the very least :oops: :cry: - then fill my big big super gulp type mug with water for this meeting :)

Cheers to day 11 Marsha and team!

Ciao!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:13 pm 

Before-bed-update:

Alllrighty, so the day went well, had a lot of water..came home, downed a very concetrated mix (had to make up for cayenne shortage this morning hehe).. and been on water ever since...

SO THIS IS REALLY EXCITING!

I went grocery shopping for food and lemons today... I found the vegetarian corner in the store.. they had veggie 'cheese' and burgers.. said aaaah to hell with it, lets see if he likes it. I also picked up some kind of new whole wheat blablabla thin bread that works for burgers.. really thin and much lower in calories and crap than normal stuff...and pickles..had to get those too for him.

Needless to say, I made the burger, heated up the buns, put the veggie cheese in there, with pickles and lettuce and all condiments.. ( i tasted the cheese and spat it out... i was curious, never had 'veggie' cheese... tastes like cheese at first, with t ahint of yeast... (bready taste)...

I set it down in front of him, walked away to clean the kitchen up.. and all I hear from across the house is 'THIS IS AMAZING!!!' <munching>

8)

he came out with half of it eaten and said: 'wait a minute... this isnt real meat is it?' 'nope!' and explained the whole deal to him... I even told him i added just a tiiiiiny bit of 'regular cheese' to add more cheese taste for him.. he said he would rather just the regular veggie cheese and absolutely LOVED the burger! said he could eat it the same way every day! wooowie!

something like 350 cals or something, fully loaded, thats with everything inc. bread - and all of the benefits of nutrients that are in everything :) rather than 'empty caloric' burgers and whatnot you can get normally .. woohoo! Anyway, I was absolutely thrilled, this is a gooood start bwahaha!
*cough*

anyway!

Still no decisions on how long to go for..but as I've said before - I rather put as much cushion as possible in weight loss (as half will be re-gained) as possible and still first and foremost be getting rid of all this crud in me thats still coming out!

While in the store I noticed odd pains in the chest and also noticed my left calf is acting funny today. Funny as in feels like i've ran a marathon on one leg - tight. It's ok now - but just things I have observed!

elbow-skin-face update: dryyyy much less bumpy - just drryyyy.. curse canadian rapid-on-set fall!

Tea time folks - ttyl! 8)

Raffinator :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:17 pm 

Hey there Raff!

Day 11 done! Woo hoo! Nicely done.

I saw that you said you will regain half the weight you lost. That hasn't been my experience. I only gained about 3 pounds back last time I did a cleanse. The main thing is eating right when you are done. I had green smoothies every morning for breakfast and then ate raw foods the rest of the day. I was trying to do 2 "whatever goes" days for those occasions when I went out with people and wanted to have more flexiblity and eat whatever I felt like eating. It worked pretty well, actually. I made a big move across country to NYC at the end of July so I got out of good habits - mainly just due to being overly busy, over-stressed, etc. So now that I've been here 2 months, I'm doing a cleanse to reset, lose a few pounds, and get back into good habits.

I saw you post on my thread about going for 20 days together. I've been thinking about that, but I'm afraid that setting a certain number of days will psych me out. The last time I ended up going for 20 days, I didn't plan to. I just took it one day at a time and voila - I made it! I'm afraid if I set a certain number of days, I will become resentful of not being able to eat and stuff. The "one day at a time" makes me remember that this is a choice.

I put together sort of a vision board before I started the cleanse with my goals, quotes/affirmations, pictures, etc. - I've been trying to look at it daily to keep my motivation fresh. My stomach however, has other plans :) I think I'm getting hungrier - and I'm also somewhat annoyed that I can't eat! I know I'll REALLY appreciate food when I eat, but I'm worried that I'll go crazy and eat everything in sight. What a waste that would be!

Glad your bf liked like the veggie burger :) Are you vegetarian - or planning to go vegetarian after the cleanse? I went vegetarian after my last cleanse and was quite happy with it. Once in a while there were some old comfort foods that I missed, but overall, it was good. I'll continue that after this cleanse as well.

Oh, and glad your "elbow-skin-face" is getting a bit better (you crack me up :lol: ). Maybe a little more time on the cleanse will really take care of it!

Well, gotta go have my tea and get to bed. It's late!

Take care,
Marsha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:05 am 

Day 12

Marsha - thank you for the reassurance on the weight-gain post cleanse. I mentally set myself up for half gain as I have heard of soo many people gaining their weight back (because they have gone back to their normal eating habits) or half since they have gnoe 50/50 raw/'regular'. Hopefully neither will happen to me when this is done, and thank you for sharing your experiences with me ^_^

I have full intention of eating right when I am done, screw the pizza pops, donairs and other crud hehe - going to greatly reduce the meat protein intake (and the man agrees too!) since we have been eating far too much of it. I to believe I will may have a 'whatever goes' day once in a while, or attempt at 80% 20%...not sure - but the full intention is there!

Haha, the intention of 20 days/set goal - i had the same thoughts but was willing to do it if it would help ~you~... Glad to hear we're on the same page as that one - one day at a time.

"The "one day at a time" makes me remember that this is a choice. "

Here's a quote for ya!

"To live is to choose, and to have the resolve to live with those choices." It is one of my favorite quotes and I believe this quote pertains to it quite well ;)

He has never had a veggie burger, I have never been vegetarian either - him and I are of the same diet: meatitarian! However, through reading "The China Study" and learning about raw/whole foods AND reading a nutrition book - I figure it is for the best! I had one veggie burger before, and that was during out vacation a few months ago and it was simply amazing - ferry boat food, figures! Never would have guessed it to be veggie.

Anyway, after this cleanse I intend to take a culinary course through this association (vegetarians of alberta) "http://www.vofa.ca/"... They have monthly potlucks, events, and supply info on culinary courses, no no tthe hardcore kind - just the HOW TO and WHY of vegan/veggie/raw-itarians :) let me find a title example

Cooking for Weight Loss & Blood Sugar Balancing - NAIT cooking class 2 of 3(event)

Vegan-Vegetarian Cuisine: Doing It Right! - NAIT cooking class 1 of 3

(NAIT is a college in town)... These are all 3 day courses and fairly cheap ($250 cdn?), everything is provided and it is instruction based on you knowing nothing about food to begin with... There was a RAW type course, and it even practiced the Master Cleanse hah -interesting?

Anyway - rambling... I know once this is done and I'm back on solids i'll be 'bad' for a few days, but after that i'll be ok =)... I have some sashimi and sake to catch up on - I really dont think I can do my normal liquors anymore - woohoo!

Hmm a vision board eh? Sounds like that is something I am seriously lacking - I haven't made a list either, just going off of raw motivation haha. Time to make one! Alllways wanted to make a visionboard, it IS pretty easy ;) (a strong believer in the law of attraction...I have some VERY interesting stories to share about experiences testing it out)

Cheers to day 12 :)

Last edited by RandomRaff on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:13 am 

Day 12:

CW: 144.5 (-.5 from yesterday)

Alrighty, I blame less loss today for lack of fluids yesterday, I did drink a boat load of water, however forgot the cayenne @ home, so didnt' have much LA any until the evening!

I have not been working out since the weekend either - for shame!

ALSO - No bm's when I woke up - yesterday I went 3x before leaving the house... again I blame this on lack of fluid intake yesterday. I DO feel something brewing, but I'm sure I'll share that in all its glory.

UPDATE: Yep, I had a bm after I wrote this...

Elbow-skin-face is doing better and better, popped one goober yesterday that has been on the face for months and months - tough to describe, little white bump, but despite everything else 'coming and going' it just stayed there, a solid tiny mass, even with a pinprick - no dice.. odd.. Anyway - we'll see how that heals or comes back over the next few days!

I am feeling much better about kev's lunches.. I picked up a lunch box at the store last night, a nice one for him. Veggie soup that I made from days ago, a trailmix and a few other items fit perfectly. Now I can't pack a GINORMOUS lunch since this lunch bag is of a goood size... small, baby steps!

Hmm..nothing else to update with at the moment - ttyl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 am 

Funny story:

I ALWAYS lock the door when in the can @ work.. the one time i forget - i hear someone jiggle the handle and i hesitate thinking it's locked - then i turn around and one of our dudes in the office realizes someone is in there i scream 'JESUS! (the door was open at least a full foot)..and slam the door on him! Then I lose it laughing as i hear him down the hall 'SORRRRYY!!!!1'...Geez, the ONE time i didn't lock the door someone get's a free show... There I was in all my glory, reading a book doing my business... Can't an MC'er get a break!? :oops: :roll: :oops:

Funny how you can overlook the simplest of things when you really have to 'go'! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next