[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Hi Randomraff ?

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Hi Randomraff ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:51 am 

Hi Randomraff,
Did you have diffuculties @ any point? I got to day 7 and went backwards. I was excited that I got to 160, but I seem to get a brain fog and lost focus. I was doin so well. i am currently 163.5 Bummer! I wll restart on thursday or Friday. I may ealite and I may not.I am just sobummed that I was so close to the 1st ten days. My goal was to have at least 28-35 lbs off by mid Dec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 am 

Aloha Natdeno1 !!

First and foremost congratulations on making it as many days as you did! After the first 3-4 things start to pick up. Some people start off small by trying a 24 hour fast/cleanse and build up from there. Personally though I believe you have to dig deep mentally and remind yourself why you are doing this and what benefits there may be!

For example some people have made lists!

1) I want to reduce my muffin top!
2) The cleanse will help my body to heal itself and be @ peak performance
3) I won't get as sick as often as I do since the old gunk inside of me will be gone!
4) Working out will become easier and easier the more I lose in weight
5) By completing a cleanse I will also learn that whatever i put my mind to, I can do it. A cleanse reaaaallly puts your determination into perspective. Like for me - if I can do 28 days of 'not eating' that means I can do anything! Quit smoking! pick up a sport or hobby, be a little more adventurous!
6) the list goes on and on, visit other blogs and you'll see that people have all their own reasons.

perhaps it would help if you made said list, 'fit into those pair of jeans' 'feel more confident' 'will be healthier and less prone to diseases that affect those whom are on the 'heavier side' of the scale... etc

After years of eating donairs, pop, mcdonalds, redbull, smoking and drinking I took the time during the cleanse to pick up a few books on nutrition and educated myself on just how EXTREMELY important it is to be simply aware of what is considered the good, the bad, and the ugly of some of the things we eat and do!

There are many reasons I did my cleanse (and about to start on another on sunday!) and I found my body thanked me for it in the end. I have been through a rollercoaster ride since January (started @ 166.5), worked out, lost 15, got injured and then lost 20 more on teh cleanse.

The first toughest moments I had were when I was cooking the whole time for my boyfriend. and this only lasted initially. I found that my sense of smell skyrocketed and I was aparantly making amazing food because I cooked via 'smell' haha. But the desire to taste it went away as I reached for a glass of lemonade ;). When friends came over with wine and were really pushing me to have some - the only time I cheated was when I had a teaspoon of wine and I felt TERRIBLE for it. After that I was ok!

ANY time that I felt that maybe I should just 'give in' and stop the cleanse I reminded myself 'Its ok raff, think of it... you made it 1,2,3,6,7, days soo far on the cleanse, WHY UNDO ALL THAT HARD WORK!? YOU CAN DOOO IT and you're only doing GOOD for your body by continuing!'

I initially was only go for the 10 days but then told myself 'well, i'll keep going 1 day at a time, and I know if I want to I can end it, but I feel fabulous!'.. As days kept going by my energy kept getting higher and higher and higher - heck one day I did 12 hours of laundry and then worked out! I was amaaazed at the energy!'...

Dont get me wrong there were detox symptoms too (broke out in a huge rash on my face for a few days) ! But just by SEEING those results, that the cleanse was working, and SEEEING the scale go backwards in numbers I couldn't think of a reason to NOT keep going!! Whenever I felt defeated or wanted that cheezburger or had no energy, I forced myself to make another drink! When I started making them fresh I looked forward to it and even now - off the cleanse I make a few drinks every soo often. Soo tasty once you get used to it haha. Also, the first week my energy did fluctuate from slight headache to really tired to really high energy to really tired etc.. It is important to remember to drink 6-12 glasses of the mix and if you're tired - sleep, rest, your body is working hard on getting rid of toxins, rest helps a lot! Also, if for any reasons after the first week you stand up and get light headed, make another mix and dont skimp out on the maple syrup, you need it and that drink to not get light headed!

Seeing is believing!

FOCUS on the reasons why you are doing it. FOCUS on the END result. Take a page out of some of the people's books on this forum and make a list of why you are doing the cleanse and what - at the end - you will have gained. More self respect? Fit into tighter jeans? Feel healthier? Look better? Clear skin? Whatever your reasons be, make that list and copy it out and keep one at work, home, bathroom , wherever. In the meantime maybe pick up a book on nutrition, watch the show 'the biggest loser' whatever it takes!! FOCUS :)

Another time I was bummed and really really felt like quitting or restarting was when I found out that it was BEST to make the drink fresh and drink it within 10-15 minutes because thats how long the really good 'live enzymes' live for from the lemons before they die. I had a rough time with that one but I still continued, and I rememebred I was still getting detox symptoms and was losing weight, so I FORGED ONWARD!

If you have not, do yourself a large favor and buy the book (there are a few out there). I can not emphasize on just how important it is to buy. There are stories of others on the cleanse and what they've experienced. It tells you what to expect and things to watch out for! Please, if nothing else do buy the book :)

Hope this helps, also I have a blog of my own of every single day that I was on the cleanse I posted - feel free to check it out...

you have already taken a big step and have written on the forums, post every day if you have to - people will draw inspiration from you and the rest of us will back you up and help you and encourage you when we can ;)

Lots of love!

Raffi :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 am 

Hi Random thank you for the encouragement and making me reevaluate the purpose. You are awesome.
Natasha