[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - The End of the Cleanse Celebratory FEAST!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 pm 

Thurs, Oct 23 - Day 6 251.6 lbs.

Weight loss so far: 8.4 lbs.

I can already see the weight loss in my face after just 6 days. Amazing.

Today was a bizarre day. I didn't sleep at all last night, which led to an accumulation of many sleepless nights and I had to go to work running on fumes.

I came home around 7:30 and crashed.

Now I'm wide awake,presumably for the night. Oh well, at least I got some sleep in.

Normally on the fast, I sleep like a baby. This time round, I'm having great trouble sleeping. Maybe it's the juices?

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good, pretty relaxed and alert.

I didn't do the SWF today because I had to leave the house early but I'll give it a whirl in the morning.

Bring on Day 7!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:29 am 

Fri, Oct 24 = Day 7

I forgot to weigh myself on Friday so I have no idea what my weight was. Technically, today is the beginning of day 8 but I'll wait until I've finished my SW routine before weighing in. I know the news will be good because I can feel the weight loss. I can already see it in my face.

But other than almost total exhaustion yesterday from lack of sleep, all else is well with the fast. I got a few hours of sleep last night so I'm starting to bounce back (But I really need a good 12 hour coma to get back in business though.)

Friday I spent mostly on the lemonade concoction but I did make a really weird juice. I juiced the following: carrots, apples, beets, spinach, parsley, swiss chard, ginger and celery. Let me tell you. That juice was DISGUSTING! Sometimes when I go hog wild with random juice recipes, I accidentally concoct something delicious. Unfortunately, this particular juice tasted like pepto bismal. (Not sure why....but it did.) It was really weird. BUT - it tasted awful but it was a powerful concoction.

I still have to say. The combo of the fresh juices with the lemonade drink is working for me nicely. Now excuse me, I have to go an glug a bucket of salt water........yummy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:27 am 

Sat, Oct 24 - Day 8 249.6 lbs

Total weight loss so far: 10.4 lbs! Yippee!

Another good day on the fast, except today I started thinking about food.
I've decided to stop at day ten, with a seriously restrained and careful comedown.

I have a good vegetarian, healthy cookbook that I'm starting to read in preparation for my new post-fast existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:13 am 

10 Days is a great achievement... I could not go longer than 13 and I don't regret my decision.
The juice fast is a great primer for a slower less hallucinogenic detox.

My body feels really good for going on the cleanse - actually it has felt it's best now from transitioning off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:22 pm 

Sun, Oct 26 - Day 9 - 246.6 lbs

Great news when I hit the scales today: 246.6 lbs!
That's a total of 13.4 lbs so far.
Wow! I'm very happy about that.

Everything's going well except for the sleep patterns which are completely thrown off. That's been the most unusual and disappointing part of this fast.

But I spent last night pouring through a cook book, planning my 'healthy' return to food.

Mon - Day 10
Tues - Orange Juice Day. On this day, I'm going to make vegetable stock from a recipe I have. I can't wait to get cooking! I'll have the broth for a late night snack.

Tues - Soup Day! I'm making a carrot/coriander soup for my first meal. It's a pureed soup so it'll be very easy to assimilate and should wake things up nicely.

Wed - I'm making a Marrakesh vegan stew! (At least, that's the plan....)
Thurs - More of the same...soup and stew, maybe some brown rice.

And Friday, I'm treating myself to what has traditionally been my post-fast meal and signals my return to the world of eating: Chicken Panang at my favourite Thai Restaurant! (This will be a treat and then next week, it'll be back on the vegetarian, healthy foods.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 pm 

Mon, Oct. 26 - Day 10 - 247 lbs.

Weird. I put on .4 of a pound. Nevermind. I'm sure I'll see a loss tomorrow.

But more importantly! Day 10 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last day of the fast.

I have my post-fast program mapped out and I'm looking forward to reintegrating a whole new diet. Tomorrow is orange juice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:45 am 

Starting Weight: 260 lbs
Current Weight: 245.4 lbs
Weight Loss so far: 14.6 lbs
Current BMI: 31.9 (Obese)
Goal Weight: 180 lbs
Weight left to lose: 65.4 lbs

Weigh in today: 245.4 lbs! Yippee!
Today I start to break my cleanse, although I'm only drinking orange juice and fresh juice all day, so in a sense, I'm still essentially fasting. Starting tomorrow, I can work in the veg broth and the veg soup.

But I'm made-up I landed smack in the middle of the 240's. The truth is, when I resume regular eating, my weight will move up. That's unavoidable. But given that I landed square in the 240's gives me a bit of a buffer zone. My immediate goal is to stay in the 240's as I resume a regular eating schedule and do whatever's within my power to avoid hitting 250 again.

I have a very busy schedule for the next few days so I may not be working in the gym routine for a couple of days yet but I'm taking that one day at a time.

Doing my last SWF now. And then it's fresh squeezed Orange Juice, baby! Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:21 am 

So today....
I started out well with a fresh squeezed orange juice/grapefruit juice combo.
All through the day, I drank veg juice and orange juice.

Unfortunately, my schedule for the next three days is too hectic to be able to spend much time at home preparing anything. I'll be out all day and night. So tonight, I picked up a bunch of tins of soup!

I know ..... I know.....
This is in no way ideal. But I really won't have the time to go on extensive shopping missions, soup stock making missions...etc until the weekend.

The variety I bought was "Habitant" veg, pea and minestrone soup varieties. And while they're not total angels, they seem to have less additives and crap than most other brands. In fact, the pea soup is the least of the culprits.

Anyway, I prepared a bowl of pea soup tonight. To tell you the truth, I wasn't in any way hungry or desperate to eat but I need to coax my system back into action. I'm going out for dinner on Friday with friends and I want to be able to enjoy myself so I need a few days of Peristalsis under my belt.

But the pea soup was in no way the best thing to eat to break the fast. It hit my stomach like a rock. I don't have any real distress but I can feel it sitting there. It feels heavy and unwanted.

So the moral of today's lesson is...

Don't do what I do! Follow the book. The Stanley Burroughs method for breaking the fast is the ideal way to do it!

Anyway, tomorrow and Thursday I'll be on the tins of vegetable soup and minestrone (along with the fresh juices). I'm sure I'll be okay and that I can get myself prepped for Friday but again, this is NOT the ideal way to do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 am 

Billy!

First and foremost - congratulations on the cleanse, been following your progress and you've done phenominal woohoo!

Secondly, haha I can toootally and completely relate to your plight! Except I ended up making soup and having it a few days early ;) The food just sat there in my gut until I had to have some tea to get things moving... A few days later though i did have Habitant pea soup (non-ham one, didn't want to over-do it).

Habitant soup was always my comfort food... Needless to say it did the same thing to me as it did to you. It sat there, felt heavy, and I ran to the washroom 4x that evening... Looked the same coming out as it did in o_O hah anyway, pea soup is tasty but veggie soup broth and juice is teh way to go for a bit... and if you have anything with veggies in it and what not chew LOTS.. lots and lots, and then chew some more. Don't be surprised if you feel like total and utter crap from the canned variety (temporary)but I understand your situation and crunch for time. If anything try to water down your soups, you'll see that you get full fairly fast and watering it down will give your body an easier time digesting.

I had made a few soups after the cleanse and one was mostly organic ingredients and one wasn't as organic - ever since the cleanse my taste buds could totally tell a difference between the two - and I found the organic stuff had an easier time 'breaking down' than the non-organic. Or maybe that's just me!

Take it easy Billy, and have as much juice as you can! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:27 am 

Thanks Raff!

I got some great soup recipes that I'm gonna be launching into this weekend. (Trying to see if I can make time 2moro morning to go on a major grocery expedition.)

But yeah - that heavy, still feeling sucks. Especially because I was really enjoying the light, clean and clear feeling on the cleanse. Nevermind. The focus will be on foods that won't weigh me down (whenever possible, that is.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:28 am 

By the way, I was up two pounds today.
Understandable. Even from one bowl of soup...weight comes back immediately after breaking the fast. The key is, to start eating sensibly immediately.