[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Opera Gal Needs to fit into a costume!!!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Opera Gal Needs to fit into a costume!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 am 

Ok, here I go!!!!!!!

I am operagal and I'm about to embark on the cleanse for the main reason of losing weight. Yes, I feel like crap from all the junk I've been eating for the last few weeks when my job got crazy stressful, and I also feel like I'm coming down with a cold (NOT OK for an opera singer!!!), but...

The main reason for doing this cleanse, and my main motivation is that I just got asked to understudy a crazy famous singer next month for the LEAD ROLE in an opera! This is awesome! The bad part?? If she gets sick and I end up going on stage for her... the costume won't fit me! My first rehearsal for this show is November 17th... I think if I can get down to my happy weight of the past (165 lbs...), that it would most likely fit, not to mention I would have some kick ass confidence strolling into the first rehearsal looking hotter than the real diva I'd be understudying for!

I'm going to try to keep myself motivated by thinking about that moment over and over... I have so many gorgeous clothes that don't fit that I'd love to be back in this year. ALSO, I just turned 29... so I'd love to be able to ring in my 30's looking super hot!!

This website is soooo helpful, and I want to keep updating how I'm doing. I also think it would be great to look back and read my journal after I've accomplished my goal... just to have a record of all I went through.

I know it's going to be VERY VERY hard... but I hope to persevere, and despite an insane work schedule, and various halloween parties and baby showers approaching, maybe I can make it work!! I might have to just fein a stomach ache at the baby shower as an excuse for not eating... anyone have any suggestions how to get through that? All those ladies eating little sandwiches and me sitting there without a plate.... well... maybe I could get a plate and pretend to nibble on something... I dunno.

Ok well, here are my starting STATS

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkYfahx/]

[/url]

Height: 5' 7.5''
Waist: 35 inches
Hip: 44
Bust: 43
BMI: 28.9 (just skating in under obese... whew!)

Tops: XL
Pants: 14
Dresses:14/16

All my clothes are size 10-12... I would love to wear them again! I gained 25 pounds two years ago after a bad break-up, but now that I have a new wonderful boyfriend (for about a year), we are so happy we just love to cook and eat and SLEEP cuz we work so hard...

Ok, wish me luck yall!!!!!!

Today's feeling: Excited, nervous, stomach growling, brimming with excitement at the possibilities!!!!! :lol:

Post subject: all set!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:18 am 

Last night I took the Smooth Move tea, and this morning I drank a little of the lemonade (didn't have much syrup or lemons, tho, so couldn't make a big batch.)

I just finished running errands and bought 2 bags of lemons and limes (excited about the limes!!), and bought a 2 qt sippy cup thing to bring with me in the car. I work all over the place during the day, and sometimes spend 4 hours in the car for one work day- so being prepared is key to my success with this.

I am about to head out for long day (reheasals 2-10pm in opposite ends of the city), so I hope I'll have energy to get through this day!

Everyone send my good vibes! I'm off to make a fresh batch for brunch/dinner! Then tonight, I'll hopefully be able to make the peppermint tea I have with me, at my late rehearsal.

Feeling: 8) Cool and under control.

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:37 am 

Congats on being wanted to understudy - how fab...

You'll do great!

Just take it one day at a time and remember the first four days are the hardest. I'm on day 8 and it feels like a breeze and I have heaps of energy and would be up for anything.

In the first few days I also carried a bit of plain maple syrup on me in case I had any dizzy spells and needed some sugar quick - I would have blown it oitherwise as I got faint twice... otherwise all good just keep drinking regularly.

I feel like I have lost a few kilos for sure though and have scales now so have started to post my progress.

Good luck - I'm here for any quezzies and support you need.

Oh and in regards to the baby shower I would just confidently say I'm doing a detox.. I have said this at 3 dinner parties and one birthday dinner so far and everyone was supportive... I always pour myself mix at these occasions as I feel it makes everyone else feel MUCH more comfortable if you are sharing with them by consuming something and are confident and happy in what you are doing.

Good luck!!

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 am 

Hey good luck on your cleanse!

Depends on the people who'll be at the shower, I would say I am not well or you had a bad tummy ache.
People can be VERY judgemental - Oh my you're not eating, you'll die, you'll be anorexic, you're crash dieting it will never work, the list is endless. . . .

I usually like to keep it to myself and just show the results when I am done. I only tell really close people, i.e. my hubby and best friend.

15 days
10 days
10 days
And plenty mini failures - wish me luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 am 

Just wanted to add, I was at a wedding last year, on my 10th day of a cleanse - I was doing so well until I forced to go to this wedding.
I decided once it was time to eat I would leave right before and go to the hotel room for a lie down and pretend not to be well.

That was until the chicken came, the smoked salmon, vanilla ice cream and berries, etc etc
So I said, ok, I'll just eat this only and then when I get home, I'll flush and continue my cleanse . . . did I ever?
I ended eating and didn't do the cleanse again, kept attempting and failing.

15 days
10 days
10 days
And plenty mini failures - wish me luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am 

I think if you've got the right mind state - that is that you are doing something really positive for yourself - then you shouldn't be scared of these events - food will always be at social events - it'll be there through your cleanse - always after your cleanse and for the rest of your life.

You are doing a cleanse at this time and you should be really proud about what you're doing. Why lie about this.

You don't want to isolate yourself or start lying to people - it will only make you feel guilty.

You should be really proud right now... it's a bit tough at first with food around you but trust me the hunger goes away... think about what you've accomplished so far... you can do it. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am 

hey there,

just a thought.. as soon as you start saying things like "i've got a tummy ache" and all that stuff, that's when people will feel bad for you and say stuff like "maybe you should just try the soup, or eat a little bit, or just salad" and you're gonna have to talk yourself out of that again with another lie.

if you just stand there with your mix and tell them how well you're doing on this cleanse, and make people interested in it, they will all understand.

as Jess (my girlfriend who posted before) was saying, we've been to quite a few dinners. and at most of them, people asked the link for this website and want to know more.

and people will want to try your mix too - so make some extra

minnie, sorry it was such a different story for you, hope you do better next time - be strong - I try to listen to my body. not what other's think is good for me

Erneso

Post subject: End of Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 pm 

Thank you for all the support, guys!!

Day 1 is about over, and I am totally pooped. I drank only about 2/3 of the 2 QT bottle I made this morning... I'm going to have peppermint tea now and go to bed. I'm hungry, but trying not to think about.

Thanks for the suggestions about the baby shower... but guess what? I counted the days and I'll have completed my 10 day cleanse before it rolls along! It is on Oct 30, and my last cleanse day will be Oct28!!

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:15 pm 

That's great but remember you shouldn't yet eat 'normally' the second day after the 10 day MC... read the MC for the proper ease out...

But day 1 should be squeezed oj all day and day 2 should be squeezed oj all day then soup broth made from veggies at night... best to follow to avoid shocking your system and feeling ill.

Post subject: Truckin' thru Day 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 am 

Well, I'm definitely HUNGRY today. ugh.... need to add more syrup to my drink I think. I have been keeping it lighter for the weight loss aspect, but to get through these first difficult days adding more syrup is probably a wise choice.

Yesterday wasn't soooo hard, mainly because I worked all day. Today is very busy, too, so hopefully keeping busy will keep my mind off of food.

I'm very motivated, though because I'm down my first few pounds! Wahoo!

Goodbye 3.4 pounds! I wore a pair of jeans today I haven't worn in a long time.. They're not necessarily fitting much better after losing a bunch of water pounds, but I definitely had the confidence to wear them and smile! :lol:

Turns out I was wrong about the baby shower date... it is on Halloween! So, by the 3rd day after the cleanse I think I could add a couple raw veggies at the party. They're BOUND to be there.

I'm trying not to get excited about all the healthy foods I get to eat after this... I want to focus on getting a healthy body for the time-being. Food will be there when I'm ready for it! :D

Besides the baby shower, there's another aspect of my life stressing me out on this cleanse. I am an avid food blogger, and my friends and family (and maybe others?) who follow my blog might wonder why I am not posting? It's super lame to post on a FOOD BLOG that I've STOPPED EATING! LOL Luckily, I have some posts to catch up on, so I'll try to space them out over the next week or so.

Ok guys, I'm about the keel over... so gotta go add more syrup!!!! oy...

[/url]

Post subject: day 2 sucks!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:30 pm 

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:06 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:21 am 

I know having a big drink of water after each glass or swig of mix helps me.

I drink peppermint tea during the day too.. REALLY HELPS!

Remember to keep looking back on all the time you've allowed your body to cleanse with pride - you can always cleanse another hour!

:D

Post subject: Whoppee it's Day 3!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:44 am 

Hi all,

I'm back and it's mid-morning Day 3...

I am down another pound and a half, bringing my weight loss to 5 pounds so far! Wahoo!!!!

I know a lot of people think weighing everyday is a bad idea, but for me- I'm trying to really make friends with my scale.. not be a afraid of it, and not let it affect my mood. Of course... so far it's telling me what I want to hear. I know that if it goes up one of these cleanse days it's just my body adjusting... I'm going to try not to freak out and eat a pizza! (haha, jk....)

So... stats so far:

Day 1: 187.4
Day 2: 184.0
Day 3: 182.4

[/url]

Today I have morning and afternoon off to rest... tonight I have a big dress rehearsal and tomorrow I embark on 5 night in a row of giving recitals all over the place. Exhausting!! But... hopefully each night my gown will fit a little better! :) When I tried it on 4 days ago, it was a little tight at the waist... hopefully even by tomorow night it will zip a little easier!

I'm also super excited to hear from the opera company today that is hiring me for this understudy part- my main motivation for this cleanse! They haven't given me a contract yet, or told me how much I'm earning for it... but I think I'm supposed to hear sometime today... I'm so excited! :)

Ok well, gotta go drink something. I'm gettin' a little weak already and it's only 10:40am!

Thank you SO much for the ideas... I guess I was feeling so sick last night that drinking water or peppermint tea didn't even occur to me. There was a Law & Order marathon on, and I swear, I laid on the couch moaning through about 3 episodes before I dragged my sorry butt to bed! And.... my boyfriend (we live together) ate TWO mini frozen pizzas in front of me. Believe it or not, the amazing smell of the pizza made me feel better!

I am looking forward to making my pizza again tho... i LOVE making whole wheat crust from scratch and topping it off with a mixture of tofu and sun-dried tomatoes, topped with kale and red chili flakes! YUM!!!!

Oh well.. for now I'll just have to pamper my body in another way.. such as doing a face mask... my complexion is totally breaking out since I started this! YUCK!

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 am 

Yes I like the smell of food too. I have separated it from eating and enjoy it.

I too have been indulging in face masks and yummy shower lotions and the like to celebrate the ol healthy body.

Hang in there, you're doing great.

:D