[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - First timer Skinny Jeans.

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: First timer Skinny Jeans.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:06 pm 

Hi everyone, I guess Skinny Jeans would be my name here and this would be my first time on a Master Cleanse which I been really interested for a while now.

To start off a short intro about me:
I been going through so much this year and it has really put my body in a such mess. :| To start off, I used to be extreamly healthy 20 year old with the body weight of 120, 5'3 and with a healthy eating habit. When this year rolled around, with the stressful economy situation, juggling college, and my part time job, boyfriend, parents and just social life, I been eating junk consisting of fast food from my part time job, eating out with friends, and whenever stress hits me. I been a constant fitness gym member but with this stressful times I forced myself to hold back and cut back on unnessary things. I have put on about 45 pounds :? putting me at my highest I ever been (165). I feel and look unhealthy with all this weight that I carry for a short person and been looking for a way to "restart" my body to get back on track. I been extreamly self conscious about the way I look and been scared to go out again to meet people and even my friends. But things have been improving and I have enrolled back to a gym and I want to go back to track. I did buy the Stanley Burroughs "Be happier and Lose weight in 10 days" book as a guide and it answered most of my questions.

I am extreamly happy to find this forum to read everyones posts about their journey (which has been inspirational to me) and write my own too as well. I am excited to start tomorrow with this cleanse just so that I could just "restart" my body from the inside- out.

Question:
1. Could you excersice on this Cleanse; and if so How many hours do you personally excersice and also how does it affect you on this cleanse?

2. What are some helpful tips to last 30 days on this cleanse?

Last edited by skinny jeans on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:09 pm 

Hi Skinny Jeans [: Welcome to the forums and YES! You cand efinitely workout. I'm not sure of a time limit but I say workout until you feel it's enough for your body. But I'm starting on the 15th and hoping to go for 35-40 days. The longest I've ever gone was 3 days -___- So I'm hoping to succeed this time around. You can also visit the Nov. 14th topic because there are people starting on the same day as you and thy're experienced so they can be of better help to answer your questions [: welcome aboard and I hope our feed backs can help each other pull through this [:

-Tiff

Height: 5'1" -______-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:30 am 

Hi skinny jeans, hows the cleanse going?

Post subject: DAY 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:23 pm 

So I woke up this morning and found out that I got the wrong Grade syrup... and I didn't know wheater or not I can use other grades....

Question:
1. Is it ok to use Grade A?

I cant find Grade B for some reason around the markets around where I live, so the whole day I been actully driving around to find the nearest Health store who carries Maple Syrup Grade B. BOY DO THEY COST A LOT!!!! :shock: I did get my 30 days of suppies and came back. I will be starting tomorrow and I cant wait really hyped up and excited!

Neenee: Thank you for the welcome :) And I guess we'll be starting around the same time tomorrow~ Would you want to buddy up and keep each other accountable?

Size8: Hey, I guess Tomorrow would be my day 1!! EXCITED TO START! How is your cleanse going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:52 pm 

skinny jeans: IF possible get grade B, but if it's not available its ok get the darkest colored one you can get! I haven't used B in either cleanse because it's simply not aquirable for me that easily where I am...

I still experienced detox symptoms and the whole 9 right on schedule while on the cleanse so you're good! It just means you're not getting as high of a mineral intake as you could be with B which means you need to not 'cut back' on the syrup like some people try.. That's all!

Post subject: DAY 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm 

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am 

Skinny Jeans:

If you have a Trader Joes in your town you can find the Grade B Maple Syrup or buy it online. You are right it is very expensive. I have been making that claim since I have been on these forums. Someone did give me an alternate to use and which is way cheaper. Agave (I think i am spelling it correctly). A Health food store might also carry it.

If this is your first cleanse, I would strongly suggest you start with the 10 days. You really have to be mentally ready for what you will be going through. If you are a caffeine drinker you will begin to experience a headache which will last anywhere from 2-4 days. This is good because your body is detoxing (like the coldness). There are other signs that your body is detoxing and just listening to your introduction you have a lot on your plate. If after the 10 days you feel like you can continue then do so but listen to your body. Don't set yourself up to fail.

Read my post "Getting Ready Mind Body and Spirit". My journey began last year. I do this cleanse at least 2 to 3 times a year for 10 days. It is okay to do it again. The salt water flush (SWF) in the morning is enough to make a person want to quit.

Good luck and I hope you consider these suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm 

Hey guys... This cleanse is harder than I thought. :( I had no idea that I was such addicted to FOOD! I have made my body addicted to JUNK FOOD, like THE DEVIL! :evil: ! I failed on the 2nd day (yesterday morning; I lost my mind and had to have chocolet and chips and Hamberger) on my first try... I was disapointed at myself after I ate it, but I decided that I really need to cleanse my body out... and really need to just get back on this cleanse... so I used the rest of 2nd and 3rd day as a way to ease in to the cleanse. (I guess it was harder for me from going "cold turkey").

Today I been cleaning my house all day throwing out chips, soda, candy, instant foods, leaving my kitchen EMPTPY! (Who knew I only carried junk in my house... I had no clue, I thought I had enough "fresh" foods.) Now that I look at my kitchen, I'm left with water... lemon (of course), and cabbge in my fridge. No take out chinese food, No more frozen dinner plates, nothing. well except for seasonings which would be salt pepper spices :? (Thank god no one lives with me or they would of been starving to death with nothing to eat in my house anymore :lol: )

I went out to buy my last meal @ the market called Fresh and Easy: had an apple and a grape fruit this morning, with a nice cup of tea; lunch I had a salad (hold the dressing) I just added some apple viniger to taste on my lettus and for dinner I had a 2 cups of blueberries and green tea. There you have it my last meal which costed me about 20 bucks. They must of thought I was some crazy lady comming in that store every 5 hours buying little things (o boy if they only knew... that I have nothing at home anymore :lol: )

I'm drinking my smooth move tea right now and getting ready for bed. I guess even if I walk into the Kitchen unconsiously there would be no more temptation.

Blunun: Trader Joes carry that? Wow I would of never guessed. I never actually went inside a Trader Joes before...I would just pass by everday thinking "what do they sell in there?" So I guess I would go there to get my Maple Syrup from now on. Thanks! And also thanks for the advice, I am now concidering doing 10 days and see how my body feels from than :wink: And you are so right about that SWF BLEH! I'll go check that post out and thank you for your great advices~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 am 

Skinny Jeans

You CAN use Grade A. The syrup is just lighter and it does not have as many minerals as the Grade B. Many people use Grade B.

You are honest with yourself which makes your doing the cleanse successful. Doing it cold turkey is a hard thing to do and since Thanksgiving is just around the corner consider a pre-cleanse. You have already started by changing your diet and getting rid of junk food. I APPLAUDE YOU. :P I think fruits and vegetables is a good start. I am wholeheartedly in favor of easing into the cleanse. I have been doing this for over a year and each time I do a mini cleanse first (at which time averages of 3-5 pounds are lost). My first blog is rather long but it details how I progressed to the point of completing the cleanse and my results.

I am on day 5 going really well. I intend to go 10 days which gives me 4 days before Thanksgiving to ease back into it. Then, I intend to start up 15 days after the holidays (I have never done 15). If Thanksgiving were not just around the corner I would go for 21 days.

Jina4life stated that the first few days are the hardest and they are. Your body is not used to depriving it from food so its going to react. I always say we never really pay attention to the fact that we are emotional eaters and we just pick up a handful of this and a handful of that without really noticing that we have just polluted our bodies.

Commercials are the worst. You will begin to notice every food commercial and you will also notice that every gathering you attend includes food. During my first cleanse I had to actually lock myself in the house and not go anywhere because every meeting, gathering, etc. was surrounded by food. I even took off from work because co-workers were still eating their great lunches and criticising/enticing me for wanting something better for myself. After a while they come around when they see you are serious. The best thing to do is not tell everyone you are doing this and just do it but start with a change of diet.

Now, if you decide that you can do this LA cleanse no problem, I will be here to support you. Stay focused and determined (its hard) but you can do it and you have the support of everyone on this forum. :D

Post subject: DAY 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 am 

Day 1:
It was hard not to think about food :( but having the empty kitchen empty was helpful.... being invited to a party was not so helpful. So I ended up staying home rest of the night and reading. I was cold, but I drank hot water :lol: (which is a pretty nice idea!) Not to mention that Smooth Move Tea was the BEST in this Cleanse! I just love the hot warm herb smell and taste..... followed by the worst cramp ever in the morning was not cool.

Day 2:
Weight: 169.3
Salt water flush... was the usual. Salty. cold and a lot of water to drink. The effects are there though an hour or less after I drink it. :) The 2nd day was harder than the first. I felt colder, and did not feel like concentrating for too long. :? But I did end up going to the museum near where I live (which was like an 30 min drive... I guess its not really that near~ But whatever keeps me occupied away from food :wink: ) Loved the quite, cozy environment and the art was BEAUTIFUL! I must of killed good 3 hours in there looking at the art and the museum store, and boy did it take the cravings out of me.

Day 3:
Today is Day 3 and I'm getting used the the SWF and the cramps in the morning... I personally like the clean empty feeling after your "business" in the bathroom in the morning is all done (which is how I feel right now :D) However, :( I am now on my Menstrual Cycle... which is going to throw off my weight loss and I'm going to be feeling more tired~ Thank god today is Friday and I have the WHOLE WEEKEND to just rest and concentrate on my body. I did weight myself this morning and it was 166.9 (whoo~ I lost about 2~3 pounds) I'll check back in later :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:40 am 

Great Job for making it to day 3 which is the hardest. It should be smooth sailing after this. You will still get the hunger pangs but with a couple of swallows of the LA you will be just fine.

I can't believe you drink that SWF with cold water - eck! I can't stand it warm but cold would be just awful - more power to you.

I am now on day 7 and I was having a controversy with myself. I have to stop on Day 9, not because I am getting tired of it but because of Thanksgiving. I need to be able to have 3 full days of post cleanse before I eat solid foods, which falls on Thanksgiving. I am not going to miss out because we are going to my inlaws. I do plan to start up another 17 days two days after Thanksgiving which will take me into the next holiday.

Your weigh loss is great (even on your MS). I don't know what is going on with mine. I have only lost a total of 4 pounds - I stopped weighing myself after yesterday it was really starting to get to me. I will have to go back to my blog and do my updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:34 am 

Skinny Jeans, yes you can exercise during the diet. In fact, it's actually encouraged. It's helps with detoxification. During the 30 days, try not to stress yourself, sleep earlier and get as much rest as possible and of course drink plenty of fluid.

Post subject: Re: First timer Skinny Jeans.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:09 pm 

yuck swf! but yes, exercise during detox is recommended and it can help to detox you more and assist with the removal of toxins. Just don't do anything too strenuous though as you are likely to be feeling weak especially at the start of your detox. Yoga is good.