[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Power of Prayer. Daily Prayer Times: join in for strength

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Power of Prayer. Daily Prayer Times: join in for strength
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm 

I believe in the power of prayer. It has been scientifically proven to work..
Group prayer is a lot more effective.
I would like to try something new during this master cleanse.
Those of you who are interested to pray or meditate for your MC to be successful and to have the strength to make it each day and not fall to temptation: why don't we set a specific time of the day in which we will all pray (or meditate) for good things to come and for our MC to be healthy, successful and to be able to bypass temptations smoothly.
Those of You who are interested in participating in this "experiment" ,please let me know. I will then follow up and post a time (adjusted by location) when we will all pray.
I truly think this will help us all.

Studies have been done showing how people who were prayed for at a hospital, improved and got better much quicker compared to people who were not prayed for (with same conditions, diets and stages of illness.). Even when these patients did not know they were being prayed for!
Group meditation experiments showed to affect external events (in one case the rate of crime was lowered!)
Here is a link to a man who asked for prayers to heal his cancer and did:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09344/10 ... z0bree72Vs

Last edited by jamila on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am 

I pray daily during the 3rd watch, so I will be remembering everyone who desires prayer re: succeeding on this MC fast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:31 pm 

Thx MCWorks

Tonight Wednesday at 6pm Pacific Time (9pm east) and adjust according to your area, whoever is interested in stopping their day for 10 minutes and pray to have strength to go through the MC for all of us. the point is to have group prayer, to have several people pray for this at the same time.

Tomorrow Thursday I will do the same at 1pm Pacific time (4pm East etc)

Whoever is doing this let me know so I can keep track of how many people.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm 

Cool Tracy. let's pray together tomorrow at 1pm pacific time (if it is not a good time for you, let me know what time is good fo you to pray tomorrow)

I will also pray at 6pm pacific time
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 am 

jamila,
Those times are great for me. I will be with you spiritually through prayer during those times. I went to prayer meeting last night at church and we had such a spirit filled prayer meeting that I can't even describe. Please pray for a healing for me as well. This is my 10th Day on MC, but I am going to continue.

Your prayer partner in christ,
Tracy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:05 am 

When is prayer time today JAMILA? I really need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 pm 

Post subject: Re: Power of Prayer. Daily Prayer Times: join in for streng
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 am 

interesting thread..i think prayer is great!..i pray in a very regular way..i like to encourage people to pray as well..I am also curious sometimes about how people view the God that they are praying to and how they approach their God in prayer..I thought I would suggest further consideration of God and prayer, add a perspective, and include a link regarding prayer- six part radio broadcast series that, to me, is very full of insite with regard to prayer.
http://archive.livinggodministries.net/prayer.htm
despite the study referenced..i will share my point of view which is that i believe that there is no 'power' in prayer. I was pleased to see Tracy reference Jesus Christ..I do put my faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and the finality of the work done by Him on the cross, and i do believe that prayers do 'come true' sometimes..however, i do not believe there is 'power' in prayer -there is only power in God. i was interested in the comments related to 'more people' :

-The goal is to pray at the same time, the more people , the better.
-Group prayer is a lot more effective. (..in achieving the prayed-for results- in getting what you want – in obtaining the desires of the flesh?)

I wanted to share my thoughs and hopeful inspire further consideration and study and experience regarding the subject of prayer as well as possible further consideration of what was accomplished by God through Jesus. My impression with what I was reading was that there seemed to be a belief that there is some mystical power related to prayer and that God necessarily responds to our prayer, which leads to some to believe that we then are able to ‘make things happen’ by praying. The statement related to more people gives me the impression that when more people are involved, the results/desires being prayed for or contained in a prayer request are more likely to come true or more likely to become a reality..this concept can be looked at as ‘ganging up on God.’ My question is- do we really think God ‘answers’ to us ? He certainly will answer us, but necessarily ? even necessarily sometimes ? I’m afraid not -as we are not ‘in-charge’ in that sense..we are unable to command God to do anything..no matter how many people are involved..no matter how kindly or forcefully a prayer is made. He is the initiator, we are the responders. I believe there is some deception going on here with regard to the results of a studies/articles concluding in this cause-and-effect relationship with or nature of God..the deception being that we-cause-some-effect. I would ask you to consider where this deception may be coming from. There is only power in God. I encourage further consideration of the perception of God, I think viewing God as the ‘great gumball machine in the sky’ who is called upon for the delivery of the desires of our flesh(whether it be health or wealth- for us or someone else etc..) is not only error, but seems to divert a person from the direction of thanks of what it is that we have already received from Him- reconciliation- the complete removal of the sin issue - the ability to now attain salvation- the eternal restoration of His Life- the Holy Spirit of God again indwelling His creation.

Romans 5.10:
…we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

love, db

Post subject: Re: Power of Prayer. Daily Prayer Times: join in for streng
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:31 pm 

Hi ,This is Yvonne would anyone like to start the Monday after Mothers day. :D http://www.mastercleanser.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=11032#