[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Happy to report - complete my first 10 day mc!!!!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Happy to report - complete my first 10 day mc!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:19 pm 

After researching for like 24 hours, I am so overloaded with information. I guess the only way to really know MC is to do it myself.

Here is my story.

I have a really healthy and active lifestyle (should i say had). I exercise 6 times a week and eat a balanced diet with almost no processed food and red meat. Last year I was at my optimal fitness and health condition. A year of consistent clean eating and exercise did pay off. I liked how I feel from inside to the outside. Even my skin and my hair looked better.

However ,
At the beginning of this year I had to take care of my friend's business for her. I was working 7 days from 12 to 12 and went to school in the morning. So my exercise routine was out of the window. I gained almost 20 lb. in two months!! I know I am solely responsible for what happened. Even if I did not have time to exercise I could have eat better (I ate way way too much sweets during the night. I guess my body never had that much sugar and flour before and it did not know what to do with them. It is amazing how easy to pick up a bad habit and how hard it is to get rid of it).

I am back to the gym and eating 6 small well balanced meals for a month now. But I haven't been able to drop any of the weight. And I can't fit into most of my summer clothing anymore. I think it is a perfect time to shock my body and jump start my weight loss (hopefully I will only lose fat but no lean muscle).

My only concerns are how much muscle I will lose and what will happen to my metabolism. But I guess 10 to 14 days should not cause any serious damage, so I will give it a try.

I don't think I will have serious reaction to the detox but I am prepared for the worst (thanks for all the posts). I will still try to do cardio and yoga to try to maintain my lean mass (and maybe some weights depend how I feel).

I bought all the stuff today and only eat vegetarian food for the last two days. I will start my amazing journey Saturday and I will post my progress.

Happy cleansing everyone!!!

I started on may 15 and tomorrow I will start ease out. Just to share my thoughts with all of you. I think I lost at least 10 lbs. The most noticable change in on my skin and in my sinus. From the third day my nasal passage is cleared (which hasn't been for the last few month). And I am happy that I didn't loose too much lean mass.
1. MC is easier than I thought. Food is my passion and the love of my life. Nobody know me will believe I am able to do this. At the same time, each day I have to battle myself hunderds of times.
2. I realized that I have more power and strength than I ever thought. Now I feel I can do anything, ANYTHING
3. SWF: I drink it imaging it is some kind of yummy soup. At least it is salty the closest thing to soup I could have now
4. Tell people around you that you are on MC. Most of my friends are very supportive. A few of them even want to try themselves. If they don't support you, it will motive you even more to stick to it to prove them wrong.
5. Only think about one day, one challegne or one tempetation at a time. Your goal is just to get over this one hurdle that is in front of you at the moment.
6. Use the extra time you get from not buying food, preparing food, eating food and clean up after eating to do something nice for yourself. Read that book you always wanted to read, have a bath, do a home facial ect.
7. Just like anything in life, whatever challenge and difficulties you face in MC is a great opportunity to learn about yourself and to grow. So get excited and embrace it.
8. I feel so much freedom. The freedom from not being controled by food, by my craving, by my pysical body or even my mind. This is such an amazing feeling.
9. Use this time to do some spirtual cleaning as while. Way too often we use food to cure our problems in life. When we are bored, we eat. When we are sad we eat. When we are happy we eat. Chinese have a saying "people die for prosperity, and birds die for food". So often our lives are driven by these urges and desire to satisfy these needs and we forgot what we are here for. Fasting definitely made me see this. Maybe this is why so many religious practice require followers to fast. When we don't have food to help us run away from our problems, we can truely start to face and understand ourselves.

Plans after MC.
I will go back eating 6 small meals a day and try to have a 2:1 raw to cooked ratio (and hopefully reach 80% raw in a year)
I don't know if I will ever be a vegan, but I decide to slowing elimate chicken from my diet. Hopefully I will lose another 10 lb back to my optimal weight.

For everyone who is thinking about doing MC - this is the BEST thing ever you could do for yourself ever. You just need to set you mind on it and do it. 10 days for a years of healthy body is way way worth it. If I can do it, you can do it too. Next time I will definitely do 15 to 20 days.

Happy clease everyone.

Post subject: Re: Happy to report - complete my first 10 day mc!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm 

Wow! Thank you! That was very helpful and inspiring! I am on Day 1 right now of the 10-day cleanse. I am a very strong person as well and I know that I can do this, but it is so nice to hear from someone who has just successfully completed it and has so many positive things to say. Thanks for the advice! I have printed out your list and am keeping it with me to stay inspired. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:44 pm 

chersmith77, thank you for finding my rambling helpful. You can do it!!!!!. I start to eat normal food now. But I do notice whenever I eat just a little bit more meat or wheat product, my stomach grumbles. I guess this is why lots of people find it is easier to adopt a better eating habit after the cleanse. I try to eat at least 50% raw now. My skin still look pretty good but not as good as when I was on the cleanse. I would definitly do it for at least 15 days next time. Believe in yourself and your own healing power. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm 

thankyou for posting this!!! #4 will defenitly stay with me when i begin the cleanse next week. and so true on making food comfort food.. it soo is a spiritual thing for everyone.. good luck to you on your next longer cleanse, i have no doubt you can do it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm 

Moonlight, thank you for coming by. I am still ripping the benefit of my cleanse and seriously considering eating most of raw food. I try to eat at least 50% raw now and slowly tranist to high raw. I appluad you for simply made the decision to do the MC, THAT is the hardest part I think. This forum is a great place for information and help especally on those lonely nights when you can't go to sleep and can't eat anything. :lol: Good luck. I can barely wait for a long cleanse.