[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Getting ready to start tomorrow (10/4/10)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Getting ready to start tomorrow (10/4/10)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 am 

I am completely psyched about this...but nervous, too. I have basically subscribed to the SAD for 34 years, although I would say I'm more health-concsious than most people I know.

I have also been a regular smoker for about 10 years, and an off & on smoker for 10 years...I just quit again yesterday with the help of Wellbutrin. I have read accounts of Wellbutrin continuation on the Master Cleanse with success, and I will have to settle for this.

I am also going to be kicking a low dose, but consistant, Hydrocodone habit that has been part of my life for about 15 years now. That also means a lot of Acetaminophen has passed through my liver (I'm sure quite a bit has set up residency within, as well).

I plan to do a deep clean of my apartment, some work on my car, a lot of dog walking, working out...I'm also excited about the meditation bench I just received in the mail. I think, when the detox isn't causing my mind to race, meditation will prove to be a very useful and rewarding tool in this challenge.

Wish me luck, folks. I have two days off from work. I know the opiates usually kick back the hardest on day three, but maybe the MC will speed up the detox. Fingers crossed.

Post subject: Re: Getting ready to start tomorrow (10/4/10)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:44 pm 

A bit of info I'm a 6'3 male, 230 lbs. I could stand to lose whatever I lose, weight-wise, for sure. But, that is really not the point of this for me.

I am mostly interested in kicking the painkillers. I haven't had any specific problems as far as lifestyle. I'm just really starting to get concerned about my health. I haven't been confronted with any of that yet, but I have to assume it'll be here; sooner than later; if I continue.

I also see the spiritual potential of the cleanse, and I'm most excited about that. I have participated in sweat lodges, and have attended open Buddhist meditations and practiced at home. I am familiar with some exhilarating peaks in meditation, and it has also been missing from my life for far too long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm 

Bummer...they were out of organic lemons on the way home tonight. I guess I'll start off the Cleanse with some mint tea, then go for a drive. The next closest place is about 30 minutes away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:52 pm 

5:30 am, I'm standing in my kitchen pounding salt water....wondering if I am insane...lol.

Honestly, it doesn't taste all that bad. And, I'm quite accustomed to inhaling large volumes of liquid, having been alcoholic for about 20 years, now.

.....15 minutes down, I can physically feel the water moving through me....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 am 

well done :) i honestly couldnt do the SWF today, i will have a better attempt on it tomorrow! i have been up since 7am and its 15.20pm (british time) and i am starving!!
x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 am 

I waited a good 6 hrs before my first lemonade...I think that helped, because I was very satisfied from that alone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 pm 

I had to drive 50 miles each way for organic lemons today. They only had enough for a couple days, it was a small co-op, and I felt like I should leave a few anyway. I think I'll pick up limes next time...although I think the drink is delicious. I'll be keeping Grade B maple syrup around for the rest of my life.

Because of my late start with the lemonade, I only drank 3 today...I'll do another before bed. I decided to skip the Welbutrin. I think not eating is enough to keep my mind off cigarettes and Vicodin. I am getting some agitation in my lower legs, though. That's pretty normal for me after a day without them.

I also had about 4 bottles of water and a cup of mint tea, which isn't really enjoyable on an empty stomach. But, it feels like it is assisting in the purge.

I had a bottle of water while I watched my neice eat lunch, it was the first thing I'd had since the swf. Then, at the co-op, I got her some raspberry-yogurt-covered pretzels. I just sipped that same water. The pretzels smelled good, but I didn't have any. I watched my roommate eat a few slices of pizza, too.

I think I am ready for 10 days of this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm 

Day 6...still going strong. Nasty migraine all day yesterday, toned down today, but still present...tolerable. I am noticing a lot of jaw clenching, certainly it's contributing to the headache.

I would like to encourage folks to add more salt to taste. The first two days, I had difficulty drinking it...two tsp/qt tasted like spit. Imagine drinking a quart of spit...it also wasn't as 'active' as it should've been.

After, I added an extra 1/2 tsp of salt. The taste was like a broth, and the flush was effective...boy, was it.

Bottom line, I'm sure people are of varying composition. If the salt flavor doesn't stand out, then the specific gravity of the solution is (probably) too similar to your own to promote the eliminations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:58 am 

if you are clenching your jaws at night, I suggest getting a sports mouth guard from any sports store to wear at night while you sleep, unless you already have a mouth guard. I know it helps me when I'm clenching my teeth during the day, it usually means you're clenching them while you're sleeping and can cause massive headaches for me.. and true about the salt water, I use a little more too and for me, it helps me go better than using a little less, but all our bodies are different :). I am on day 7 today, so I know what you mean. My bad headache is usually on day eight, so I'm just waiting. Its from a neck injury though, so I always have it, and always on that day lol. Hopefully its helping :). I drink the swf when I normally get up (around nine) and don't drink any lemonade until around one or two. Salt water doesn't exactly make me want to eat or drink anything else lol. Goodluck with your cleanse!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:29 am 

Day 7...I feel absolutely incredible! Did some light weightlifting today, went for a long walk. I've been going through and wearing my old clothes that had stopped fitting. All around excellent experience, this fast.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 pm 

Day 8...I really am hungry. I would kill for a bite of just about anything. I'm obsessing like an anorexic, watching cooking shows, etc. I have my whole first weak of eating all mapped out.

Other than that , everything is fine...a little agitated at times, but no physical discomfort (other than the hunger).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:10 am 

Hey parker lewis,

Am on day 19, have 21 more days to go, vowed to avoid cooking shows this time, i watched the food channel on my first MC and messed up during the ease-out process. I noticed also the less time in the kitchen, the better. Are you almost done? or you are going for 20 days? Good luck.

SW:196 lbs
CW: 183.2 lbs
TW: 136 lbs

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu