[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Laura's Journey :)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Laura's Journey :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 am 

Hello my name is Laura, Im 20 and from England and I start my Master Cleanse tomorrow.

I am aiming to do the MS for 40days- tough i know but i am determined and I know I can do it!

I am very overweight and needed a kick start to get back to my old self, so I thought I would do the MC.
I have done it once before 2 years ago and lost 18lb in 2 weeks.

I currently weigh 224lb Im 5ft9 and a uk dress size 18.

I am aiming to get down to 168lb- not all from the cleanse i might add lol.
From the cleanse I am aiming to lose around 20lbs, and to kick start a healthier me :)

I would like to have any buddies or what not, for support and to support you as it can be a rough journey.

Anyways feel free to reply, it will be nice hearing from people currently on the Mc or planning to start :)

Peace n love Loz x

Post subject: Re: Laura's Journey :)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am 

[color=#BF4080]
Day 1- Okay so Ive had the SWF- worse than i remember lol.
Its currently 10.51am- I am having my 1st lemonade.

I quite like the lemonade and did the 1st time doin the MC 2 yrs ago- this soon fades after the days. It becomes quite boring, but i aim to stick it out. Im fed up of looking in a mirror and thinking- Is this really me? I hate not feeling sexy or worthy of my beautiful fiancee. He says im beautiful and loves me the way i am, but I find that hard to believe- although i was a big girl when he met me, I did lose the weight whilst we were together and got down to a healthy weight n the thinnest i had ever been, but I got silly and the weight piled on yet again!
I just want to get back to a reasonable size, where everything isn't a chore- if that makes sense?

A little bit about me:

Im called Laura, i live in northwest England.
I love rock and metal music- I love going to gigs and festivals :)
I work as a receptionist during the day and some nights i work behind a bar.

I have always been over weight (weighing around 240lb aged 11)- so yeh Ive never been 'skinny'.
Around 4 yrs ago I knew it was time to change- I had met a wonderful man and I knew things had to change- so I lost around 60lbs- got down to arnd 150lb and a size 12UK and felt great, i had lovely clothes- not having to shop at plus size shops! I felt sexy and was fit and active.
So why am I back here at 224lbs? I got lazy, started actually going nice places for food and having huge portions, I got a job where i didnt move too much and worked silly hours so always ate late- and booze!

Anyways enough of my rant.

I know today is going to be a good day- the sun is shining Im feeling postive and off out to walk the dogs soon- well once I know I dont need the loo again lol.

I hope you all are doing well and staying strong.

Peace n love Loz x

My details:
Female
Height: 5ft 9
Sw:224
Cw:224lb
Gw:168lb.[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 am 

Laura, glad you joined the July crew and we will get healthier for sure!
Congrats on your first days... these are the hardest ones!
I hate the SWF and I only take it every so often on the MC because I retain lots of water. So personally, I prefer sticking with the herbal tea and I do just fine. But I agree, the taste of the SWF is horrifying!!!
Keep focused, you can do this!!
Sending my best wishes to you on your MC! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 am 

Okay so day 1 was tough- lots of BM's though which is good, getting rid of all the crap in my systems.
I had 6 glasses of lemonade n lots of water.
Work was tough, just felt rather snappy n the smells of food got to me a bit, but I was strong.

Day2 is coming to an end, thank god! Been a really tough day today mainly at work been soo busy and really felt like i needed something to eat so i got some ice and had a munch on that lol. It did help alot.
I haven't had a BM today though n feeling a lil bloated but Im sure this will be gone tomorro. Im going to weigh myself tomorro, prob too soon to have any weight loss but we shall see.

Monrangogirl- Thanks for your message, think i may alternate days on the SWF. How long are you doin the MC for n what day r u on?
Keep up the good work :)

Peace n love Loz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 pm 

Day 3- Woke up early 6am- went on the treadmill for 30mins- felt shattered n was sweating like a pig but for the 1st time in ages i felt happy whilst exercising. I had my SWF but I just threw it up so tried again and was sick again so i think i will leave it now for 2 days.

I weighed myself this morning..... and im down 9lbs!
Didnt think it would be so much, but saying that Ive had a lot of BM's compared to normal, i suffer with IBS, so im feeling alot less bloated today. Sorry if thats too much info!

Im on a major high today and I know I can keep going for the big 40!
Well I am off to walk the dogs.

Hope ur all going strong :)

Peace n love
Loz x

My details:
Female
Cw:215lb
Gw:168lb.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 am 

Hey all, its day 4 now, cant believe its goin so quickly i really thought it would have dragged.

I wasnt planning on weighing myself today, but i was at the docs n its a routine thing with me, so I hopped onto the scales n was very happy to see i had lost another 2 lbs! YES thats right ive lost 11lbs in 4 days, very shocked and im sure that will all slow down soon enough. But for now im just gonna enoy the fact that im down 11lbs and my clothes r looser :)

I was thinkin last night how much i wanted to lose whilst on the cleanse, I am hoping to last the 40days, and tbh with how easy im findin not eating n the high of losing weight I think I will last it out. Anyways I was thinkin about how much i wanted to lose and it occured to be that I didnt care all that much how much I would lose, and i was more happy that i was fixing my abused body. Weird huh, coz only 5 days ago i was only really wanting to do this cleanse to kick start my weightloss and get some benefits.

My mum seen how well i was doin and decided to join me, the only thing is she felt very weak and dizzy- she is on alot of medication and the doctors said she should eat something in the mornin, so she decided on having an apple or a banana and just lemonade the rest of the day. She isn't too overweight just wanting to drop a few pounds n feel more 'alive' and refreshed.

Anyways day 4 is goin well, ive had 2 lemonades and its 12.30pm. I didnt have a SWF this mornin, but i have still had 2 BMs and feelin less bloated so i think i may hold onto the flush, im not too sure n its way too early to tell, Im gonna hve a SWF tomorro and see how I go.

Hope ur all well :)
Peace n love
Loz

My details:
Female
Cw:213lb
Gw:168lb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 am 

Hey all still day 4- its coming to an end. Thankgod! The start of the day was fine, I just over did it today, lots of exercise n then had work, it really took it out of me. Although I know I will feel a hell of alot better when I reach my goal of 168! :mrgreen:

I only had 4 lemonades today (I forgot to get my readymade ones out of the fridge n take them to work) and about 10bottles of water- so that fulled me up nicely lol.

Also some people at work told me I looked run down today- not what I wanted to hear, but in all fairness it was the truth, Im kinda breakin out, more spots than ive had in ages! N my skin is a lil dry on my face and hands, this is all part of the process though and I know it will get harder before it gets better :)

Although I am still smoking, i have cut down from 20 to 5 a day, which in my eyes is great :) and i plan to give up totally along my journey, I just didnt wanna to quit cold turkey- I find that never works for me- well it hasnt so i know it doesnt lol.

Anyways its 10.25pm time to do a bit on the treadmill, shower and pass out in bed!

Hope ur all going strong.

Love n peace

Loz xx

My details:
Female

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 pm 

Okay so its day 6 for me, i didnt post on day 5, it was a hard day mainly because i wanted to devour anything and everything, i somehow managed to restrain myself, i actually shocked myself that I could.
Well it wasnt an easy day, tummy was grumbling all the time felt run down and a lil out of sorts, but I stuck in there.
I am realllllly proud of myself for making it through day 5 it really tested me yesterday, I had to help out in the kitchen at work, all these beautiful smelling foods and beautiful looking dishes I just wanted to dig in lol- but that was the old Laura and the new Laura doesnt wont eat that of crap- she will be eating fresh fruits and veggies and lots of them!
Golly I am glad its over and today Day 6 Im feeling really good, on a high from not cheating yesterday.

Today is a new day and Im feeling good :mrgreen:
I can feel i am nudging closer to my goal weight. I know I have a looooooooooooong way to go, but i know I can get to where i need to be and stay there.

Today is a long day at work so I wont be doin any form of exercise today as I need all my energy for work.

I hope you all are going strong.

Peace and Love
Loz spam

My details:
Female

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 am 

Hey havent been on here in a while, been busy.

Im currently on day 10!
Its going okay, just need to drink more lemonade! I have been feelin very weak and had no energy at all the past couple of days oh and its TOTM.

But Im going strong and have lost 14lbs! yay I have already lost a stone! Im soo buzzed, and its still coming off. Only 30days to go!

Ive been craving chocolate- i always do at this time of the month! Ive been strong and not had any! Im soo proud I never thought I would go without choccy at this time, but i have!

My clothes r looser and i know soon i will be down a dress size! That will be the best feelin ever and will spur me on to the end of my 40 day cleanse.

Right Ive gotta get ready for work! Man work really drags on this cleanse!

Hope ur all going strong.

Peace n love
Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 am 

Hi, Laura,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. It sounds like you're doing really well. I won't be starting the cleanse until the 18th, but I enjoy reading others experiences with it. Congrats on the 14lb weight-loss! That is so fantastic. I have about 65 pounds to lose and I can't wait for it to start coming off.

Best wishes to you, and keep it up. You're doing great.

Karly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 pm 

Hi Laura! huge congratulations on all of your success so far! I am on day 4 myself and I keep having good waves and bad waves. that's the best way to describe them, I feel like a wave of energy will wash over me for an hour or so, then I'll start to feel really tired and grouchy and think about giving up for a minute. then I remember, you've already come so far why would you eat now? this is my 3rd time cleansing, I only plan on doing 9 days this time around. your goal is amazing! you will be so proud of yourself when you complete such a long cleanse! I will definitely be stopping by your thread to give much support!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 pm 

Day 12

Still going strong- although I havent seen a weightloss for a few days, i put that down to T.O.T.M Im still really bloated with it and havent had a BM in a couple of days.

The lemonade is starting to get really boring- but i just remember i am doin this for myself and what does it matterif its boring, I am becomin healthier and happier. Well this is what i keep telling myself.

I don't crave the chocolate anymore- thank god! That was a nightmare i was literally seeing chocolate everywhere- it wasnt really there just my stupid imagination workin over time lol.

Karly

Thankyou for your reply :) Good luck with your cleanse, keep me posted on how you do, and im always here if you wanna ask any questions or what not :) 65lb you can do it! I still have around 45lbs to lose. Yeah its gonna be hard for us and a long journey, but if we are strong and determined we can achieve anything!

Kylene

Thanks for your reply too :)
Congrats on making it to day 4- the first few are the hardest- as you prob know being your 3rd cleanse.

I know what you mean about the good and bad waves, its a very good way to describe it, I find the bad waves always start around 5pm- this is when im tired and grouchy and I am normally at work. I work in a hotel so I can't be grouchy- and have to put on a front to be happy- this does help as i tend to forget about everything and focus on having enegry and being happy for work.

Are you working whilst on this cleanse?
Are you doin this cleanse for weightloss or other reasons?
Sorry for the Q's Im just being nosey :mrgreen:

Right well Ive got work to go too and its pouring down with rain- oh the joys of English weather.

Peace and Love
Loz

My details:
Female

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 am 

hey laura. that's so funny, I work in a hotel also! and yea, I've had my regular work schedule all along. I work at the desk (but we're a smaller hotel so we don't have a concierge or doorman, or any of those people so I kind of do everything that's needed by EVERYONE (it feels like) when I'm there. it's a pretty convenient environment to do the MC in though because I'm not working around food, and there is a bathroom literally 5 feet from the desk so I don't have to worry too much about all of that.... I won't lie, I am definitely doing this in part to get a good kick start on some weight loss, I have gained about 20-25 pounds over the last year (which is really a lot for one year I feel like!). I'm not overweight, but I'm at a point where none of my pants were fitting anymore and since I don't have the budget to go out and buy all new clothes, I felt it was definitely time to do something to get back into the ones in my closet! I also have pretty exciting plans the last weekend of July that I really want to look my best for. However, I am also doing this equally because I have been super unhealthy this past year (A LOT of drinks, all manner of unhealthy food, and no exercise) so I really want to feel good in my body again. I've been exercising almost every day of the cleanse so far, and it's really starting to feel good to be less sluggish and sorry for myself. I am on day 5, and yesterday I was down a notch in my favorite belt! (which I was barely able to fasten before starting). sorry so long, it's so funny we both work at hotels! we should switch places so I could visit london (one of my DREAM vacations!) and you could visit new york! we probably already know all the software haha.