[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - SHC's MC Journey

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:01 pm 

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:38 pm 

Day 9 - Not a very interesting day! I weighed 209 first thing ths morning so I lost 4lbs since 2 days ago BUT I think it was water loss from my late workout yesterday. I really don't feel like I lost that much. I guess I'll see two days from now when I go on the scale again. I managed both the lax tea and swf easily but I was having a lot of cramps in the early morning from the tea. I did however sleep an hour longer :D

It was a beautiful day here so I decided to switch and do the powerwalk in the morning and the eliptical in the late afternoon and I felt really good after the powerwalk! Around noon I was getting spacy again so I used 2tbls. of MS in my lemonade instead of 1 and that did the trick! I was fine for the rest of the day and only used 1tbls. for the rest of them. I also noticed that I've been feeling colder and colder and that I keep setting the thermostat higher. I'm only comfortable at 75-76 or higher. That is wild because before I started I was always feeling hot and kept it at 72.

My mouth was MUCH better today, not even fuzzy! My tongue was getting pinker especially on the edges so maybe the major part of my detox is finished. While I wasn't spacy in the afternoon I was very tired and rested a lot. Much to my dismay, I just didn't have the energy for a 2nd workout but I will try for 2 workouts again tomorrow...

Day 7 - 213
Day 9 - 209

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm 

Hey!! You are progressing quite well!! That's good that you don't have the salt/metal taste in your mouth anymore...It's weird how the body does things? Isn't it? It is also scary what we put into our bodies...You are doing so awesome!! That energy boost is quite ironic isn't it? For not eating. I remember I used to get weak from NOT eating before I did my MC. Then I do the MC and I run a nearly a mile (I think it was like .82 or .87 miles) in like 7 minutes (on the treadmill) I didn't even do that good in H.S. :lol: (My best time in H.S. was 10 minutes)

Since you posted your message to me, I have determined that the food I have been eating over the holidays have been a major factor in my moods lately. Since the last couple days I have been eating salads...fresh vegetables/fruits and limiting my meat intake (haven't eaten meat in like 2 days) I have been feeling so much more confident and secure with myself. When I think back to what I have been eating prior to the last couple days...Ham, Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans smothered in butter... (sorry I am not trying to make you hungry) but all that really doesn't appeal to me anymore!!

Anyway keep up the great work on your MC!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:08 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:33 pm 

Day 3 (1/3/07): 259.3 (-1.3 lbs.)
Day 4 (1/4/07): 255.4 (-3.9 lbs.) WOW!!!
Day 5 (1/5/07): forgot to weigh :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:18 am 

Hi Miss Corleone (are you related to Don Vito?)

I decide to approach my MC with milestones. Of course I want to go as long as I can but my first was 10 days (passed it), then to 14 and then to 20. I know others have done 30 & 40 days but that kinda scares me and I'd rather do a max of 20 now and then another 20 in 3-4 months.

To answer your second question: Regaining the weight lost depends on what you do AFTER the MC is over! I made a complete change in my eating habits (became 90% Vegan) for 6 weeks BEFORE I started my MC so I'm not too worried about it for me. I really did approach this MC as a cleanse to get rid of the accumulated toxins from my prior years of bad eating and NOT as a diet but, like everyone, I am really motivated to stay on it by the accompaning weight loss. Someone who has bad eating habits, does an MC to loose weight, and after goes back to their old bad eating habits, will definitely regain all of the lost weight and possibly more. For them the MC will be just another diet continuing the yo-yo that they've experienced from diets countless times before! The good news is that doing a MC is the ideal time to make a lifestyle change and improve your diet. If you use the good feeling of weighing less, the sense of accomplishment of completeing something really difficult, of having a new "clean you" to start with, you'll accomplish it. If you have the mental determination and will power to complete a MC you can use the same mental determination and will power to change your eating habits. Think of it as addiction withdrawal with bad foods as your addiction! After completing a 10-step program (your program is the MC) you're only one drink, one drug use, one "bad food" away from becoming addicted again! To make the lifestyle change you have to think like an addict and avoid even a "taste" of your personal "bad stuff", especially your comfort foods, for quite a while (not forever) if you want to keep the weight you've lost from coming back.

Day 7 - 213
Day 9 - 209

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:56 am 

Hey SHC,
Good to be back, been offline for the past two days.

I think you have been reading my mind 8) I woke up this morning thinking well two more days until we get to day 14, I wondered how I would feel about continuing on especially for just another 7 days. Seems pretty easy considering we've done almost two weeks already 8) Let me know if you do decide (or have you already decided to?) to continue. I was trying to wait until the morning of day 15 to decide if I was going to go on.

I know what you are talking bout with the weight issue. I have regained a couple of the pounds that I lost, and I don't know how to explain it. I had increased my water intake that same day so I blamed it on not enough output. :oops: Then my husband blamed the limes. I switched from lemos to limes completely, taste. Do you have any insight? Also the other morning I drank the SWF and nothing happened! I guess I absorbed it all. Bummer :!:

Anyway, I want to wish you a Happy New Year 8) and I am so happy to "see" you again. Actually missed logging on and interacting.

Shamar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:39 pm 

Hi SHC,

...I too can't go a day without checking on what you have posted for the day. I am just happy to interact with the people I have met in this forum. Some stick around and some don't but I guess we would be a part of the group that would stick around for a while. Plus I find you quite informed. You seem like someone worth exchanging some ideas with.

I never really thought of eating as an addiction. Well, let me rephrase that, I never really thought of MY eating habits as an addiction...but you are right...we are just "one bad food" away. Even tho it's not a drug, or nicotine, or alcohol...its pretty much the same. So, with all that in mind...I guess "just a little bit" or "just one cookie" (or chip, etc.) really is like having just one more shot, or cigarette, or high...OUCH...that's an eye opener... :shock:

I don't think I can go vegan...or even part vegan. But I have made up in my mind to not eat as much meat. I do love vegetables and fruit! I feel that I am a pretty diverse vegetable & fruit eater...but my husband is the quite finicky one. But that is why I am ordering the vegetarian recipe book...that way I can incorporate more vegetable choices. I just have to figure out what my husband eats and doesn't eat...or if I can substitute choices...or see what he's willing to try. It's work...but I figure I wouldn't know unless I ask, or he won't know till he tries. lol...

Wow...I can't believe you are past 10 days...I am quite impressed!! I wanted to go more than 10 days but then I had missed eating so much I only did 10. The MC is definitely a mind over matter thing. I thought of as an extended version of Fear Factor...you know, downing that SWF without thinking about how awful it tasted. Coz the moment I stopped to think about how it...I had to stop and reboot my mind... :lol:

My next cleanse I plan to do 20 days. And then I plan to do the cleanse maybe once a year for 20 days or so.

Well you are doing so awesome!! Keep up the good work! Going to 14 days will be nothing...before you know it...you will be on your OJ in 20 days!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next