[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Katie's Cleanse: 12 days starting on 9/10

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Katie's Cleanse: 12 days starting on 9/10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:56 pm 

Hey ya'll!
For some reason my account wasn't working with my old login of katielemons, so now I'm katielemons2! Appropriate, for my second cleanse! So I had planned on starting the cleanse today but I didn't have my shiz together enough, so I'll have to start tomorrow. It's okay, though, starting a journey like this requires you to be in the right head space, and taking an extra day will help me. Starting a 12 cleanse is nothing to joke about!
So, as I wrote earlier in the week, I'd love some support buddies to help me along my way. I'll be candid about everything (it's hard not to be when we're all on a forum that discusses such things as how to give yourself a colon cleanse!) and will happily provide support as needed. For now, I'm watching crappy reality tv, getting ready to brew up my tea and take a bath, and get started on the cleanse tomorrow!
Good night everyone!

Post subject: Re: Katie's Cleanse: 12 days starting on 9/10
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:29 am 

Morning everyone!
First morning on the cleanse and things are going well! Learning from past experience, I took the time to allow myself to sleep in-- I think it helps to rest as much as possible, and getting up late on the first few mornings when I'm experiencing caffeine withdrawal helps me not miss my morning cup of coffee. I debated over doing a SWF vs. tea, the reason being that since I had dinner last night, I didn't think my stomach would be totally empty, and I hate the feeling of the salt water flush lingering, blech! I did it about an hour ago and haven't had an illimination yet, but I do feel the familiar rumblings so hopefully everything will, eh, come out all right in the end! I'm waiting to determine the fate of my salt water flush before I go out and run some errands-- never want to get caught without a bathroom for that! I'll check in this evening and let everyone know how it's going. Still looking for some cleanse pals if anyone's interested!
-Katie

Post subject: End of Day 1
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:40 pm 

Hola,
Reporting in on the end of day 1. Seeping my smooth move as we speak... ha although I just realized I was contemplating going to be after it and it's only 9:30! Maybe go to bed and do a little reading...
So, today went just fine. No real hunger that couldn't be subsided by LA. I actually only drank 4 since I was still pretty full from my week of junk eating- yuck! I'm a bit afraid to get on the scale and see what I gained in the last few days! I think I'll wait until maybe day 5, so as not to get myself down. Anyway, I know the cleanse works, and I'll be feeling lighter and trimmer soon. Only negative to report is a slight headache that's been fading in and out throughout the day, but nothing too major, considering I'm a bit of a caffeine junkie. I'm optimistic tomorrow will also go smoothly. I did have the energy to workout today, and put in an hour on the eliptical.
Something to look forward to-- I booked a trip today to Las Vegas with my college roommate! We're leaving Friday the 24th, so I'm thinking of staying on the cleanse until then-- it would be 14 days counting Friday.
I'm a little down about the lack of other cleansers out there offering support... hopefully they will come as the days pass.
So... goodbye day 1! 13 to go! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 am 

Katie,
I hope the cleanse is going well. I'll suggest that you force yourself to drink at least six or seven lemonades per day, even if you don't feel hungry, to ward off the headache. Once you get a headache, it can take hours before it goes away, so it makes more sense just to drink your LA every two hours, on-schedule, and prevent it. That's my experience, anyway.
Keep up the motivation. 14 days is a great length.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 am 

Katie - I am starting my cleanse tomorrow. I am a 1st time cleanser...I am 5'2" 146lbs, want to do 10 days - very nervous..but very motivated...as I need to commit...
I have read great success stories, and am looking forward to getting serious about my health, and feeling better...
Good luck to you!! Will post tomorrow...

Post subject: Re: End of Day 2!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:55 pm 

Finally got some reply action today!

@second timer: thanks for the advice-- I know you're probably right. I ready your posts about your journey, and see you've been through the same thing! I agree that it's tempting to try to have as little as possible when you're trying to drop a few pounds. I had 5 or 6 today-- kinda lost count-- but I'm fairly certain when I'm working a full day I'll want 8, at least that's been my experience in the past.

@jennyg: good luck on your first cleanse! Sounds like we are starting at about the same start weight. If you'd like to see my first cleanse diary, you can just author search for katielemons... it's another story to read at least!

So day 2 was just fine. I slept sooo long! I went to bed around 12 and slept until 11 this morning-- wowsa! I was worried that I was getting too much sleep and wouldn't be able to go to bed tonight, but I actually fell asleep again today for an hour around 6:30! Since I didn't have anything planned today, I decided to just go with it, and be a homebody. I didn't make it to the gym today, just didn't really feel like it too much (plus for some reason I find the gym on Sunday night's depressing). Today I walked around a bit, read the paper, watched some football, and just chilled. A pretty nice, restful weekend to ease me into the workweek. I wasn't really hungry today, but I did notice myself thinking of food automatically in the various places I went. This morning when I woke up to get the paper, I found myself at the dunkin donuts-- I went to get my coffee on auto-pilot! I had to laugh at myself for that one. And again, going to 7-11 later in the day, it wasn't so much food I wanted but I automatically thought of getting a vitamin water zero or something like that. Thankfully, the taste of the LA mixture isn't too boring/annoying yet, so I was happy to have it as an alternative. At certain times, the smell of food has been really enticing, but I went out and bought an orchid scented candle that I've been burning all day, and that really takes away any food smells that might drift from other apartments. I just keep thinking ahead to next weekend when I'll maybe do a little shopping since I'll be slimmer!

Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least! I go into work early, at 8, and work until 5. But I have meetings throughout the day that I'm leading, so I can't exactly get up and bolt to the bathroom unnoticed. So far I've had a different experience with the smooth move tea-- in the past it's caused cramping and lots of time in the bathroom, but so far that's been minimal (in fact, very few eliminations today, strange). I'm going to keep using smooth move in the morning and at night for now-- I've found it's the best way for me to see results and it doesn't cause bloating like the SWF does, and just keep my fingers crossed that I don't end up regretting my decision in the middle of my 3 o'clock meeting tomorrow.

Well, I've written a lot! Thinking I'll head to bed early instead of staying up to watch my favorite show, Mad Men. I'll DVR it so I have something to look forward to tomorrow night, after I go to the gym (I'm going to really try and hit the gym as best I can in the next two weeks before Vegas). Good luck to the ladies out there who wrote back-- I'll be looking for your posts tomorrow!
xoxo
-Katie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 pm 

Today is my first day and I'm miserable. I'm so hungry and I have a headache and I'm stressed out over my homework assignments. I don't know how I'm going to get through it but I am going to hang in there as long we I can.
I'm off to keep reading for some more inspiration and motivation!
thank you

Post subject: End of Day 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm 

Hey everyone,
Well, I hate to sound like a weird anomaly, but I've made it through 3 days just fine... kinda weird how I haven't felt bad at all. I don't want to jinx myself and wind up totally wiped and miserable tomorrow-- I just find it odd that I've been having such an easy go of it so far.

So... I've neglected to mention thus far that I work at a food magazine/tv show where they test recipes in the kitchen just next to my cube! Talk about a bad environment to not be eating! But, I really started thinking about it and... after I did the master cleanse last year (ended in mid-October) I was able to keep the weight off for several months-- until I started my new job in February. Since then I've slowly gained 10 pounds, and 10 pounds in 6 months is not good! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job. It's just that this cleanse is teaching me that working with food and with people who love food isn't an excuse to treat your body like a garbage disposal. I've always had issues with control, and it's safe to say I'm a "see-food" eater (as in see food, eat food). I can't count the number of times I've finished a healthy lunch, just to shovel down a whole bowl full of baked ziti just because it was there and it looked good. Or the number of times I've felt bloated and lethargic at work simply because I'd eaten too much. Today was almost like revelation for me. Yes, I was around food all day, and yes, at times, the smell was really intoxicating, but I never thought about eating it. My co-worker, who's known as a "food pusher," came over to my desk all excited because there was some type of baked peach and pastry dessert she had scored. I politely said "no thanks" and I didn't feel at all bad about it-- it felt great! On the way home from the gym, I was thinking about the number of times I would have gone into the kitchen today to see if there were nibbles, and all the empty calories I would have consumed, like the peach bake, just because someone suggested I should eat it. I've heard the adage to look around at your friends-- you tend to look like the company you keep. And sure enough, everyone that was eating the peach pie would be considered a little round in the tummy, most of all the same women who had come so gleefully to my desk to show me the dessert. And I just thought, "I don't want that for myself anymore." Once I finish my cleanse, I'm going to make a commitment to eating regular, healthy meals, and really focusing on not impulse eating out of habit. Even if I'd like some of that baked ziti, I can simply put it in a container and store it away for that night or the next day's lunch-- it'll still be there! The main thing I'm focusing on today is that food doesn't control me-- I am in control of every single thing that I put into my body, and I have to own up to the repercussions.

Sorry to write a novella there, but I'm really feeling in a good place tonight. I had just planned to veg out and watch tv after I got back from the gym, but I've taken the last 30 minutes to just hang out, tv off, and listen to the rain. I really think this whole experience of a) doing the cleanse and b) having my live-in boyfriend gone for 11 days has taught me how much I use modern convenience as a distraction in my life. What's so scary about simply sitting and thinking? Nothing at all. Perhaps I should try it more...

Well, as I said, the day has gone fine. No terrible hunger, no headaches. I only had 6 LA's, but I may have one more if I get hungry this evening. The one thing I'm a little worried about this time around is the my eliminations haven't been, well, all the time and watery, like they were on my last cleanse. Some slight tummy discomfort, but really only a few small, flakey eliminations. I'm kind of hoping that I can get some more action going. Maybe a SWF is in my future, after all!

Thanks for listening, all who did! To everyone else cleansing-- best of luck! Take some time for yourselves tonight or tomorrow, and just think about how you can take even the smallest steps to bring some peace and control to your lives.
xoxo
-Katie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 am 

Hi Katie,
I am looking for a buddy and some help. I am starting my first cleanse today, and I could not be more nervous. I have so many questions, and am just not sure how my body is going to take to this new activity. I have been going to the gym for a little bit and recently started with a trainer, I have lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks but have quickly hit a plateu so he has suggested that I do the master cleanse. If you have anything that would put my mind at ease a little I would greatly appreciate it.

Amanda

Post subject: End of Day 4!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:16 pm 

Hey there!
Checking in at the end of Day 4. So far so good... a different day then yesterday, when I was clearly feeling introspective--hence that big long post! Today was good and fairly easy, although it was the first day I would really say I thought about food and how I missed it. Nothing big, just little temptations here and there. One of them that struck me the hardest is as I was walking up the steps to my apartment after going to the gym. It was like "pow!" make some food! And I realized that it's just one of the habits I have to break, like any other addict trying to get over something. It's so automatic for me to come home from the gym and then munch around. One thing I've been thinking about is how I often don't have a balanced, sit-down dinner, but eat this and that all evening-- that really adds up! I think I'd like to make an effort to get three square meal, and let that be that. We'll see. I would like to commit to cutting out processed sugar and carbs, except for occasional treats. That will be hard for me-- my weakness is sweets! Just today at work they were taste testing red velvet cupcakes, and normally I would have been all over that, having one and maybe even sneaking a second. But here I am, hours later, and I don't regret not eating that red velvet cupcake at all-- I'm really glad I didn't, in fact!

Finally had some of the typical, mucusy (ew) eliminations today, which was a relief. Still none of the "butt peeing" I remember so vividly from my last cleanse-- maybe because I haven't done a SWF since day 1. I'll do one on Friday, I think. I did have a bit of a slow down when I got home from work, and felt a little tired, but hey, that happens even when I'm not on the cleanse, so I'm writing it off. Haven't really felt like running, so besides doing a fast-paced mile everyday to get my heart rate up, I haven't been. Instead I've been doing weights and eliptical after the run, and committing to 30 minutes at the gym-- much less than usual, but maybe I'll do more tomorrow if the mood strikes me.

Tomorrow is big day 5 for me, which feels like a mini-milestone! It could be the half-way point, but I really think I'll go 12 or even 14 days. The way I'm looking at it, why not loose an extra pound or two while I'm at it? Fingers-crossed!

Not as many people on the boards as last time I cleansed-- we really posted back and forth and kept each other motivated. But I'm feeling pretty good on my own and happy to give encouragement/advice when it comes along! To all those out there-- just keep at it! 10 days (or 20 or 30, whatever) isn't very much time at all in the grand scheme of things!
Good night! :D
-Katie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:51 pm 

Hi Katie

Well done on getting through those first few days, although it sounds like they were pretty much ok for you.

I'm now on day 10 of a possible 30 day cleanse. The last cleanse I did was 17 days in May and June. The boards do seen a lot quieter this time around. I wonder if it's a time of year thing. It'll probably pick up as it gets closer to Christmas when people realise they have a bit of weight to lose to get in to their party dresses!!

I check in every day, so I'll keep checking on you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:52 am 

Thanks Netti! Today I am dragging a little bit-- hope that my second LA I'm about to mix up will help that! I've been checking in on your blog, too! Well done on the 17 day cleanse before-- I'm impressed. I'm thinking of going on this one for 14 days, and even that seems like quite a chunk of time. I'd imagine a 30 day cleanse would be very spiritual. I'd love to hear how it goes. I'll be with you for at least the next 7 days, maybe 10.
Happy detoxing!
-Kate

Post subject: Day 6!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:53 am 

Hey Guys,
Checking in mid-day 6. I didn't write yesterday, since there really hasn't been too much back and forth on my blog, I figured no one would miss it. While physically I still feel fine, and have throughout the cleanse, today has been by far the hardest day for me mentally. I felt fine when I woke up (actually woke up before my alarm went off-- weird! A sure sign I'm getting enough rest) and got ready like normal. However, right when I got into work, the "food pusher" I've written about before e-mailed saying she was coming in with breakfast treats for everyone. There were pastries and a loaf of onion bread, and she made everyone toasted slices of the bread with butter and they were eating them all around me. I will admit, the toasty onion bread smelled sooooo good, it was around, and I got a little bitchy about it, telling her I didn't like the cookies from the bakery she brought (and I really don't-- that place smells funny!-- it's just that I shouldn't have been bitchy about it). I was so happy to escape the toast zone for my meeting upstairs, and as soon as I get up there they have homemade cookies and donut holes from dunkin' donuts! UGH! Temptation Island! For the first time, I really thought about giving up and just eating. But then I remembered that I weighed for the first time this morning, and I'm so close to getting into the 130's (141 this morning) that I just want to stick it out and make it!

My goal for the end of this cleanse has always been to get to 134. I thought I would start around 135, but I gained so much weight the last week before I started, I think I was starting closer to 150, so that's what I'm counting as my start weight. Hence my need to extend my cleanse from 10 days to 14. If I can make it to 134, I'll be sooo close to my final goal weight of 126. I could just eat moderately and exercise and loose a pound a week and be there by Thanksgiving, which is my goal. YEA! So, I have to make sacrifices, like onion bread and donuts, along the way. But you know what.... I didn't eat the pastry. I didn't eat the onion bread. I didn't eat the donuts. I didn't eat the cookies. Do I regret it? NO! Am I still here, happy and content with myself and my life? YES! If I had eaten them, would I be sitting here, feeling bad about myself and potentially spiraling out of control and going on a binge? YES. So... I MADE A GOOD CHOICE!

These are the type of choices I'm going to have to make daily if I really want to make it to and maintain my goal of 126. But now I know that I CAN! I HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO MAKE MY LIFE WHAT I WANT IT TO BE!
Go me!
:)

How's everyone doing out there??? Damn, I just turned a glum morning into a really good day by writing all that. Now I'm all jazzed up to go on my run with my co-workers at lunch. Hit some intervals??? yes please!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:24 am 

Hello Katie - I just read through your posts and I am so glad I found it. I will be starting the cleanse on Monday and I am really HOPING for great results. I'm looking to jump start my long journey to weight loss. I am currently at an all time high of 220 pounds and I am 5ft 2in. So as you can see I have a long way to go but hopefully this will get me off to a good start. By doing this, I really hope to get rid of some of my cravings for fast food and sweets...of course a little weight loss wouldn't hurt either. But I am hoping to stick with it and I am REALLY hoping for great results. I will definitely keep checking back to see how you are doing because I will be able to gain motivation from those that have traveled the rode before me.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!!

~Jaye

Post subject: End of Day 6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 pm 

Hey Jaye! Good to hear from you! I wish you the best of luck on your cleanse! I'm sure if you really focus in on achieving your goals, you can! It's not an easy road, and you have to have commitment, but it's worth it in the end. As always, I'd encourage you to not focus so much on the scale, but more on yourself. No matter how long you stay on the cleanse, you'll still just be yourself afterwards, so treat yourself right and try to take the lessons learned from the cleanse and apply them to a healthy life style.

Hey guys!
Feeling a little more upbeat after what has been my roughest day so far on this cleanse. It was by no means terrible, it just felt like a day 3 or something. After all the tempting treats I described this morning, they just seemed to keep coming, and I reallyyyy wanted to eat something today. Thankfully, I didn't, and I was able to knock out three miles of hard-core interval running over my lunch break. I think all the exertion really did me in, because by 5 o'clock I felt totally wiped. It took all I had walk to the store to buy more lemons-- and then when I got there, I realized I forgot my wallet and had to do another trip! Yarg! Even thought it was only a block to the store I felt like I was wearing moon boot or something-- it was hard to walk. Once I got home I totally put on my p.j.'s and settled in for a night of DVR watching. Thankfully, back to back episodes of Top Chef and Top Chef Just Desserts didn't make me feel as crazy hungry as I thought it would!

Now I think I'm going to turn in early and read. I can't wait for the weekend! I've been noticing a weird pattern with this cleanse. I'll be really tired after work and plan to head to bed early, but then when I get in bed I feel awake and can't go to sleep. I'm looking forward to not having to get up at a certain time over the weekend- yea!

One other thing-- all my worrying about not pooping enough-- well, I seem to have gotten over that today! I must have had 10 bm's, although all they were only brown sediment looking stuff that immediately settled to the bottom and lots of yellow mucus (gross, I know). Still going to keep going with the poop tea twice a day, and maybe a SWF on Saturday.

Well, I just yawned, which means it's probably about time to start brewing up my tea. Hope everyone out there is having a good evening. Happy to be moving on to day 7... but wishing it was already day 14!