[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - First timer - need buddies!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: First timer - need buddies!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:10 am 

Yeah it is scary Jam!

Anyways so I spoke with a dietitian and she said that if I don't experience any hair loss after the first 15 days of doing the master cleanse I should be fine. She said that only happens in extreme cases where people prolonged the cleanse....but she did advise not to exceed 30 days. So I will be doing the 30 days instead of 40. :) sigh of relief!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:57 am 

Hey Kam87,

Am on day 9, and i hear what the dietitian said, but am going for the 40 days, just like you read different stories about people's experiences on the forum, getting different reactions on the MC, i think the hair loss happens to some people and not all, However, I wish you good luck with the 30 days, that's an achievement too, and i know your system will be cleansed by then. have a good day.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:54 am 

HI Marta
You have been on the cleanse for 5 days already- Congratulations! I am beginning my cleanse today. It is so admiring that you want to be on the cleanse for 40 days. I am hoping to be on my cleanse for 20 days. I have such a hard time at the beginning. Do you have any advice? The hardest part is preparing food for my family. I am a stay at home mom and it is my job to cook and clean. When I have the food in my hand, I feel so tempted. I don’t know what to do about it. There is not possible way I cannot feed them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:28 am 

Hello all,

I know how hard it can be to prepare food for your family, I'm doing the same thing here. It's my first cleanse and day 6 for me. I'm goaling 10-12 days. Twelve days because I didn't do the SWF on the first day so I don't count that.

My one year old son is eating regular food now instead of baby food and feeding him was torturous in the beginning. I believe it was day 4 that I was feeding him some chicken broth, wontons and bak choy and it smelled soooooooo good. I fantasized about making that same soup when I'm off the cleanse.

One thing that I can say about being on the cleanse is that I can differentiate between WANTING to eat and being hungry. I WANT to eat but I'm actually not hungry. I notice that my life is surrounded by food and I hope to continue self restraint after the cleanse, choosing foods that honor my body.

I haven't weighed myself yet but some have remarked I look a little different. The yoga pants I had on last night felt a little looser, but I don't want to weigh myself and be bummed out if the scales don't tell me what I'd like to see. I refuse to have my mood be altered because of a number.

The nastiest thing about the MC is the SWF and it's so hard to get down and when it is, it wants to come back up and I swear the in and outs to the bathroom are really irritating. I found that I needed to eliminate before the SWF from the laxative tea. So when I drank the SWF after eliminating from the laxative tea, nothing much came out except the "butt piss." Sorry to be so gross, but I think we all are going through the same thing. So my point is, that I think tomorrow I may just skip the SWF and do the lax tea in the morning. Would anyone advise against this?

If so, please let me know.

Wish all of you great luck on your journey!!! Keep your eyes on the prize! :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm 

Hi Sharon,

The book says that you can have the lax tea both in the morning and at nite. So there's really no problem in that. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 am 

Thanks Athene!

I think that is the last time I do the lax tea in the morning. I had to run to the bathroom not too long ago in the middle of working and it's not a good thing with my type of job. Is it bad to do the SWF tonight?

But today is my day 7 and overall, I feel GRRRRREAT! I had a bounce to my step, I fit into my pants nicely, rather than muffin topping it! I don't know if I've lost pounds, but I think something's happening. I feel good, I'm not thinking of food, rather, I enjoy preparing it for my family and don't feel the need to rub it all over my face. Haha. I would extend this cleanse longer, but I'm leaving for San Diego with my girlfriends and I definitely don't want to be fasting during that time. So my goal is 12 days to be exact. I really hope to lose the pounds that I've been wanting off, but overall, I just feel good!

I didn't think I could last this long without solid food, but I've surprised myself!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am 

Oh, i think u might have been doing it the other way around. U should do the lax tea at nite, and the SWF in the morning. The lax tea is to help you to loosen the bowel, and the SWF to flush it out. If for some reason ur not able to do the SWF, u can replace it with the lax tea. Meaning, lax tea both morning and nite. If ur having cramps while on the lax tea, try adding more water to it - 1 sachet for 2 mugs of water. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am 

Oh, I have been doing lax tea at night and SWF in the am, but because I did lax tea last night and this morning, would it be ok to drink SWF tonight? That's probably overloading my system.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm 

According to the book, the SWF is meant to be done in the morning, and lax tea at nite. The reason is because, at nite time, the stomach needs to do a heavy duty of loosening up the bowel. In the morning, the SWF will flush everything that has been loosened previously by the lax tea. So one element compliments the other. That's why the lax tea should be done at nite and SWF in the morning. IF, one cannot do the SWF, only then the lax tea is taken both morning and nite. Another reason why one is not encourage to do the SWF at nite, is because u'll keep going to the bathroom in odd hours. Whereas with the lax tea, u probably only have to run to the BR once.

But you may experiment what is best for ur body. As u know, im no expert. I'm a newbie just like everyone else who is. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:13 am 

Thanks athene,

I understand the premise of why the SWF is done in the morning, but seriously, was the book written for people who work 9-5 jobs??? I got up at 4 am this morning to drink the "ugh" and I swear I am still running to the bathroom not to mention had an accident on the way to work! That is such a horrible thing to happen to anyone.

Day 8 for me and still going strong!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 am 

Hey Athene,

How's your post cleanse going?

You mentioned that you don't crave foods as much when you're going off the cleanse. Is that feeling still there? Because I'm on Day 8, and I have a whole bunch of recipes in my head that I want to try out for my family. and like you, I still do think of pizza. I wonder if I'll still feel this way??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 pm 

Hi Sharon,

It's normal to crave for foods, because that's how we were brought up. We are surrounded by foods everyday. Everywhere we turn, we see foods all around us. When one does the MC, the stomach becomes smaller and smaller, and indirectly, this affects how one feels on foods. Some ppl developed a sacred feeling on foods, some are not strongly attracted to it like before, some just go on with their lives like they used to. So it's really a unique experience. Me, personally, somehow, do not crave foods as much as before i started my MC. I don't know what has happened, but somehow, now when i see or think of foods, i can finally think straight without drooling. Lol. (now that's weird, coming from a food lover like me). But that's how it is. Some ppl just have weird experience. I suppose it's the awareness that foods will always be there for you whenever you want them. This realization somehow gives you the strength to control your desires, and not the other way around. Another reason could be that it has something to do with our spiritual side. Although it's probably indescribable. One needs to experience, to know. Hang in there Sharon, life is to be enjoyed - don't think too much on the cravings. Just let it flow, and see where things bring you to. You might discover more things in the future. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:59 am 

athene,

Good advice to Sharonstone, it helped me too, am on day 12, have 28 more days to go, am not craving food but just feel tired of the lemonade, yet i have a long way to go! I have a terrible taste in my mouth, is it ok to chew gum? to get rid of the taste? i tried ice cold water but the taste is still there. i want to abandon the SWF but don't want to do the Lax tea morning and evening. In the first MC days, i drank the SWF in one sitting with no problem, but these days am having trouble completing the quarter gallon. Ohh, this process makes me feel like a yoyo, one day am good and another day, am dragging my feet. Good luck everyone.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:32 am 

I hear u jam, i have had problem with the SWF as well (even using luke-warm water doesn't help much). Actually, in the book, it says that the SWF is only an alternative to the lax tea, if u don't want to have the lax tea both morning & nite. So as for me, i'll switch to lax tea when i start my 2nd round of MC this coming Sunday. Some ppl said that they chewed gum during the MC to eliminate the taste in the mouth. But personally, i wouldn't do that. The taste is there for a reason - your taste buds (on the tongue) are being cleansed during the MC and that is why we feel the taste as being weird or horrible (let alone the bad breath!). So we wouldn't want anything to interfere with our tongue-cleansing. Besides, some gums have sugar, so the sugar will definitely go down the throat and goes right into te stomach, which is a no-no. Even if the gum is sugarless, i still wouldn't have it coz gums as we know it, are not naturally-made. Therefore, it has (hidden) chemicals that may not be stated and as such, could give effects on our MC. I believe the MC should be done 100% without any interference from any other elements, except the ingredients strictly required for doing the MC itself. But then again, this is just my personal opinion. I wish everyone all the best in their MC and believe that u can achieve whatever ur minds want to achieve! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next