[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Enough is enough

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Enough is enough
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:06 pm 

So I've started the MC many times but have yet to complete the MC. I've ALWAYS ended early. I'm not even sure why. I'll be rocking along, drinking my lemonade and then eat something -- which has never been worth it. But that seems to be the story of my life. I'll begin something with lots of enthusiasm and then just give up. I'll eat right and work out and lose weight and then skip a couple of workouts and suddenly I've gained 10 (or more!) pounds.

I've gotten caught in a dangerous bingeing and starving cycle that I want to end. Enough is enough. I'm hoping that by keeping a journal and with the encouragement of this forum, I'll be held accountable and will finally be able to complete a 10 day MC and cross something off my list (a 10 day MC was on my list of things I want to do).

Anyone care to join me, please????

Stats
Height: 5'7"
SW: 176.0 lbs
CW: 172.2 lbs
GW:145 lbs

Day 0: 172.2 / Tea / excited but determined (and still full of food)
Day 1: 170.4 (-1.8 ) / SWF / 75 min of yoga / Tea / still determined and strangely content
Day 2: 170.4 (no change...what the!) / Tea / bad day at work...ugh!
Day 3: 167.8 (-4.4) / Tea / had a headache last night, tired, another bad day at work
Day 4: 166.4 (-5.8 ) / Tea / another hectic day at work
Day 5: 165.4 (-6.8 ) / Tea / an awesome day! I feel great!
Day 6: 164.6 (-7.6) / SWF / Tea / Feeling okay, but kinda sick of lemonade and using the restroom
Off the wagon for 3 days :oops:
Day 1: 170.2 / Tea / just hoping I don't cave again
Day 2: 167.4 / Tea / not too bad
Day 3: 165.8 / Tea / tired
Day 4: 165.8

Last edited by texaslove on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:40 am, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject: Emotional eater? Yes, I am
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 am 

I never realized how much of an emotional eater I am until this MC. I eat whenever I am - bored, sad, mad, happy, tired, (insert any and all emotions here).

I'm trying to find ways to fill my time (other than sleeping).

How are you guys filling your time since you're not (grocery shopping, preparing and cooking food, and washing dishes)?

Post subject: Day 1 Down
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:00 pm 

Today I was tired, but it wasn't too bad. I get cravings here and there but not strong enough to give in.

Another reason I decided to do the MC is that I've been pretty depressed over the last year. I'm hoping to get rid of the toxins in my body and also the negative feelings and energy.

I know that it's only day 1, but for the first time in a long time, I was able to really look around me and notice how beautiful everything is. I don't know if it was the rain -- It was raining where I live and I LOVE rainy days....when I don't have to leave the apt -- the changing of seasons, the MC, or the new attitude. Maybe all of the above! Hopefully I can keep this going because I feel awesome right now.

Post subject: Rain isn't so pretty when it makes you late for work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 am 

I'm sticking a fork in this day (even though I still have about 7 hours left). Remember how I said I was an emotional eater? Well, if ever there was a day for polishing off a bag of Sweet Chili Doritos, today would be the day. BUT, I'm going to remain strong and keep going. I had to go into work early today and spent an hour in traffic. Normally my commute is about 20 min. Arg. Busy, busy day with lots of annoyances.

I'm kind of tired today. I will start working out a little....but not today. I have given myself leave to sit here on the couch and give my fingers a workout. And my workout is.........done. Good night!

Post subject: (*do not read if you are suggestible*) Stress = Food
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 pm 

I have had such a horrible time at work for the last 3 days...and I would kill for a little comfort food right now. Macaroni and cheese....fried chicken...hot, buttery biscuits...golden fried shrimp....Cajun rice...a sundae...chips

Okay, I'm going to stop right there. I forgot that I'm pretty suggestible when it comes to food.

Day 4 down. 6 more to go. Man, I hope I make it.

Post subject: Re: Enough is enough - Julie's Journey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm 

Hi there Julie,

It's normal to have the desire for foods. But during and after the easing-out phase, u might not have the same feeling again. The desire for foods are usually strong only during the MC. I'm done with my MC, and i don't feel all the burning desires for foods that i used to feel while i was on the MC. I wanted to eat fried chicken, cakes, burgers, pizzas, all sorts of things... but here i am, i can now look at foods, and say, 'nahhhh...' i guess it's just the way thing is.. one of the advantages of MC is, it helps to curb our cravings for foods.. at least for me, it did. I know it's VERY hard to go through with the MC, especially for first timers. Remember that ur doing this for UR OWN BENEFITS. Do u want a healthy body? A much slimmer body? That's what i kept telling myself while i was doing my MC. So hang in there. U can DO IT! I'll see u on day 10! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Enough is enough - Julie's Journey
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:45 pm 

Last edited by texaslove on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Time is Moving Ssslllloooooooollllyyy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:56 pm 

So since I've started the cleanse time seems to have slowed down. I count the days until I'm done, and I can't believe that I still have 4 days left.

I've started looking forward and hope that I can keep the weight off. Once the MC is over I don't want to go back to all my bad eating habits, but I don't think that I can go on the raw diet, either. I'm going to start working out regularly but I still want to eat carbs and meat.

Are there people out there who have completed the MC and have successfully kept the weight off AND are still able to indulge once in a while? :?: *please be out there*

Post subject: Off the Wagon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

I didn't want to mention my slip up but I want to be completely honest. I cheated. Why? I'm not even sure. I was tired of drinking LA and drinking tea and doing the SWF. It started with a piece of pizza and went downhill from there.

I was so angry with myself because I resisted all the other foods but gave in to pizza (let's forget that it's my favorite food). I beat myself up a little, but then I picked myself up and decided to try again. What else can I do after messing up but try and try again. I still want to complete a 10 day fast and someday I will.

Love and acceptance and resilience.

Post subject: Re: Enough is enough
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 pm 

I have been where you are. When I attempted my first cleanse last year I stopped and started so much that I gained 8 lbs because of it. After that I just decided that "enough was enough" and something just clicked. I thought about food, but I hung my old clothes all over my house to remind me of why I didn't "need" to eat. I ended up completing 18 days and I lost 19 lbs. I kept it all off by doing weight watchers and then I had to have another surgery on my already surgically repaired knee. I ended up gaining 22 lbs back from being immobile, which brings me back to the master cleanse again. Weight watchers worked great for me, but I want to do something that's quicker and the MC is it. If you can get pass the first 3 days, it's smooth sailing from there. I was not hungry after day 3 although I did think about food. I still cooked for my family, I exercised 3 days a week and it was fine. This time I'm attempting 40 days. I want to get a good cleanse before the holidays so I can continue with my weight loss throughout the new year. I know it's going to be hard, but I'm taking it one day at a time and keeping a positive attitude about it. I am so motivated by wearing my size 7's again that I think it'll be easier than I'm thinking. I've also started working with a personal trainer, I'm keeping a personal journal that I write in everyday and I'm also logging onto this forum to have accountability with my peers. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'll be your partner if you need motivation and encouragement. Just don't give up on yourself. YOu'll feel so much better when you've finished 10 days!

~Traci

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 pm 

I forgot to ask you if you were drinking the SWF everyday? I drank it my first 4 days on my first cleanse but then I just drank the tea in the morning and at night. The tea gave me horrible cramps, but my weight loss was steady.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 pm 

Traci,

Thank you so much for the kind words. They came at the perfect time. It also helps knowing that you kept the weight off with Weight Watchers. That was one of my fears -- that I would suffer through 10 days of MC and then gain all the weight back even if I started eating healthier and working out more. That's why I love this forum. There are so many sources of inspiration.

After a lot of thought, I've decided to start the MC again tomorrow. It's only 10 days, right? You're going for 40 days and there's the guy who went for 61 days (what?!) I feel like I still have something to prove to myself. I'll just have to dig deep and continually remind myself why I wanted to do this in the first place. Thanks! Hopefully we can motivate and encourage each other!

(Btw, I do the salt water flush on the weekends but it makes me gag. It's so unpleasant that I think I will switch over to the tea instead.)