[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Confession of a MasterCleanserholic...

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Confession of a MasterCleanserholic...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 am 

Hey athene,

Yeah, looks Yummy! like i said Enjoy, what are you eating tomorrow? what foods have you prepared after the ease out?

Good for you marpar4u, 17 days is no joke, you have accomplished more days than most people can, as long as you feel cleansed and renewed, that's what matters. Enjoy the OJ tomorrow. Am still in the race, have 13 more days to go. Wish me luck. Watching Contessa make meatloaf right now.

SW: 196 lbs
CW: 177 lbs
TW: 136 lbs

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm 

Make sure you are taking good probios, still drinking a lot of water, and try to eat smaller bowls of soup at one time, and just eat like 5 times a day. This is a good idea for getting your body into eating more meals, that are just smaller instead of going back to eating big meals again. Your stomach does shrink some from fasting so you don't want to stretch it back out. These should all help to stop the bloated feeling you might have. Congrats on making it as long as you have! And that soup certainly looks tasty :).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:36 pm 

EASE-OUT FINAL DAY

Hi Marni, jam & Ayane,

Today is my final day of easing-out. I ran out of OJ this morning, but was still able to have a few oz. Guess today will just be plain water for me, vege soup and fruitssssssssssssss... yay.. i have black grapes, watermelon, pear, plum, mandarin orange, apples, hmm, what else.. oh yeah.. i have corns as well.. enough to last me several days.. oh, by the way, i don't take probiotics.. they don't have them in the pharmacy.. and ordering from Amazon is too expensive for me.. so i'll resort to what i have..

By the way guys, there is something that has been bothering me, since i read the book (Stanley's i mean). In the book, it says MILK is a NO-NO, as it forms mucus and is bad for the digestive system. BUT, all around us, we find things which are in contradiction to what Stanley wrote, eg. milk is good for you, it has protein and good for the bones, bla bla bla... i'm really concern abt this because i don't take the white refined sugar (except if i have to eat outside in which i can't control what they put into the foods). I've stopped drinking tea and coffee, and even if i do (like once in a while, i use milk instead of sugar). Is there any scientific fact that milk IS bad for us?

I'm also asking this because i'm thinking of buying Prostar Whey Protein (it's milk-based, very low calory) as it helps to burn the fat and builds muscles (was also thinking of taking L-Carnitine and Ultra Ripped but can't afford them yet :? ). Yeah, i'm gonna get into some serious fat-sheding program soon... no personal trainer, just reading some very good articles on how to lose your fat and turn them into muscles. This includes going to the gym (or Zumba dance), and taking supplements. :P

If milk is TRULY bad for us, then how come all around us, we are being bombarded with milk is good? Even doctors ask us to drink milk! So what gives? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm 

You NEED to find some way to get a decent probio. You can make yourself very very sick if you don't. You have to keep in mind you were flushing out good bacteria as well as the bad and can end up hurting how well your digestive tract works in the long run, if you don't use them.

As for milk, the theory about that is, is everyone is at least a little bit lactose intolerant. Our bodies are not meant to digest milk after being babies. So even though it has things like calcium that can help us, it is also not good for our bodies. I think people use it because some people do consider it a type of super food (a good carb/protein/fat ratio). But, some people think that about hamburgers too :). And, things like cheese people will add to almost any meal (which usually causes us to add extra calories and fat and not even think about it). As for protein shakes, I use Isopure zero carb protein, and even being lactose intolerant my body seems to digest it ok.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:41 am 

Hey athene,

I was reading Vegan 101 on the Food Network website and the article explains how you can find calcium alternatives if you stop taking any type of the following; animal products, no meat, no fish, no dairy products, no honey for some, no refined sugar, no High Fructose Corn Syrup, no gelatin, no wine or beer for some.
it is a long article but it mentions that you can find calcium and iron in the following plant products; Beans, Almonds, Tofu, Leafy greens, Orange Juice and Breakfast cereals with Iron.

And for Milk alternatives you can try- Soy "dairy" products- soy milk, soy cheese or almond cheese and soy yogurt also fortified with calcium. So may be you can get your probiotics that way.

I found the article very informative.

On youtube, you can also find videos showing you how to make milk out of Almonds. I plan to try this one out so my kids can continue to take their cereal but with a healthier alternative.

Since you about to enjoy solids, there is a smoothie recipe i found in the article, that you can have for breakfast, and a grilled cheese sandwich recipe for Dinner, will share them with you;

Breakfast Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup of Raspberries frozen
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup soymilk
2 tbsp honey or agave necter
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup soft Silken tofu

Preparation:

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

Oven Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients;

4 Slices spelt bread or other whole grain bread
Olive oil
5 ounces Soy cheese or Almond cheese
Freshly ground Pepper
Coarse Sea salt
2 very thin slices Red onion
2 very thin slices Tomato
8 leaves Arugula washed & dried

Preparation:

Preheat Oven to 500 degress.
Place a 10 inch non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle in the top third of the preheat oven.
Allow pan to heat for 3-5 minutes.
Brush 1 of each of the bread slices with a coat of olive oil
Build the sandwichs by placing 2 slices of bread oil side down
Top each slice with half the cheese spreading it evenly.
Season with pepper and a few grains of salt.
Top each sandwich with 1 of the remaining slices of bread, oil side up.
Place the sandwiches in the heated pan and cook for 5 minutes, turn them over and cook for 5 minutes more
Remove the Pan from the oven.
Open the sandwiches and fill with Onion, Tomato and Arugula.

Enjoy the meals if you try them.

Have a good weekend.

tu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:46 am 

Hey Ayane,

I am not so fond of Yogurt and i never take any kind of supplements or vitamins at all, so i looked at most suggestions on the forum about the probiotics, it's either yogurt or supplements. Am going to try and seach online for something else containing probiotics other than yogurt or supplements. do you know any? Have a great day today.

tu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:40 am 

The one I use I am fairly sure Shiva recommended. Its bio k + probiotics. I can buy it here in Arizona at sprouts. Its ten days worth at around 35$. Its on the expensive side, but its the best probio I have ever taken.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 pm 

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I think i'll go buy some Yogurt for the Probiotics. I love Yogurt, so should be no problem digesting it. By the way, i was thinking, since milk is a No-No for the body, then why are we taking cheese, since most commercial cheese is made from milk? Isn't that the same thing? The only difference is, one is taken fresh, while the other one has to undergo several processes to become another product called cheese (i don't take cheese by the way). Oh, talking abt soy milk, it's hard to fine one that doesn't have any sugar mixed into it. I hate the fact that almost all commercial drinks have sugar, additional preservatives, coloring and flavors. And the one that is 100% pure natural (not concentrates), is costly. I bought a medium size pure Aloe Vera Mango bottle for my sis, and it cost me almost 50 bucks. Talk abt money! :shock: (It's still in the fridge, my sis didn't like it :| )

Do u guys realize that most of what we eat today, are GM foods? The chicken that we eat are injected with growth-hormones, our vegetables are sprayed with pesticides, what abt the fish, meat, fruits..? That, does not include dairy products... anything that has to go by the factory, is highly suspicious. Ya digg..?? :shock:

Oh, by the way, i went to the scale yesterday, and mehhh.. my weight stays the same at 55kg. I didn't lose a single pound while on my 2nd MC! :shock: How is that so? My forearms are smaller, my long-pant has loosened but i didn't lose a single pound? I lost the fats, but the weight remained the same.. hmm.. it could be that i didn't lose any water weight. Anyway, i've found a gym that i can go to quite near to my area. Will start 1st of the month, and intend to spend 2 hours daily there after office hour and 1 hour daily of Zumba dance before going to the office. Will see if my weight decreases 1 week after all these rigorous exercises (plus eating healthily). Hope the gym has a personal trainer! :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 am 

Athene, wow .. no weight loss? That weird! Perhaps by the time you weighed yourself the water weight pounds had been back on? Thats a surprise but don't let it get ya down, if cloths are fitting better then your body has been doing something! I'm on ease out day 1. Just finished juicing 4 oranges and it only made 8 oz! Thats gonna be alot of juicing, argggg. So, tell me anyone ... should I be leaving the pulp in the OJ? I'm sipping on my first glass as I type this and I didn't add the pulp, thought it safe to see how I re-act to just the orange juice. If all goes well, I think I'll start adding the pulp so my digestive track gets moving again. Got on the scale after 17 days on and I'm down 13 pounds, and boy can I feel it. My concern obviously is that this is likely 2-3 pounds water weight and will likely come right back on once eating solids, but I feel so much better. I plan to do the soup for the whole week just to take it easy on my system, provided I don't get sick of it and tempation prevails. I have a craving for cabbage rolls and I think I just may make some! Never have. Decided I'm going to start making alot of my own meals now. Anyhoot ladies (ever notice there are no men on here!) I'll keep ya posted. :D
Marni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 am 

Hey athene,

You should watch the movie "FOOD INC" if you have not. Everything you mentioned is backed up by data in that movie. Amazing how the cows and chickens are treated by manufacturers before they get to your dinner plate. it's an eye-opener. i think you can borrow it at a video store, i want to watch it again, may just toughen my resolve to stay away from animal products. I hear you about the expense, i guess to be healthy in this country , you just have to cough the $$$.

10 days with no weight loss? that's definitely different from what the book claims, that just proves that our bodies are not as predicitable as some would have us think during fasts. Enjoy the meals today.

tu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:44 am 

Hey athene,

Am on day 32 of 40, lost 21 lbs so far, have 8 more days to go, and sad thing is, my periods begun today but am sticking with the MC. How are you today? How is the transition to real food?

tu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:09 pm 

Hi jam,

It's a weird feeling. When ur on the MC, u crave for foods like crazy. When ur off the MC, u wanna go back to the MC! I might have my 3rd in a couple of weeks. First i would need to cook what i have inside the fridge before they get rotten. Then i would try out the Cabbage soup while going to the gym to see how it will turn out, and then i'm going to a vacation end of November, and then i'll continue with my 3rd MC (i hope). :P By the way, have u planned what ur going to have when ur finally on solids again?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 pm 

Hey athene,

Am ending day 33, have 6 more days to go, lost 22 lbs so far, i tried to take more fluids and lime juice today and you are right, i feel much better today, am exhausted, but don't feel the aches and pains of yesterday.

How are you today? i hear you about the MC yo-yo, though i would remind you about giving your body time to rest and get back on your 3rd MC after three months, at least that's what the book recommends if i recall correctly. what's your target weight? and how many pounds do you have to drop to get there?

Wishing you a better tomorrow.

tu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:52 pm 

Hi jam,

I think losing the weight is far easier than maintaining. I lose and gain weight fast. I can lose 5 kgs in a week, just eating sandwiches nite and day, but i'll gain it all back the week after if i don't exercize enough! Ya digg?? :shock: Well, no more yoyo weight for me. Enough is enough. :P Today after work, i'm gonna pay a visit to our local gym and see how good their equipment are. If they're good, i'll register as a member and will start my daily training next Monday. I hope to be able to lose another 22 pounds to reach my ideal weight for my height. Hmm.. if i were to start my 2nd job soon, i don't know if i'll be able to squeeze my time in the gym as i only have 2 hours to relax before the 2nd job starts. Oh well, when there is a will, there is a way. Good luck in ur cleanse jam, and congrats for the pink tongue! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:35 am 

Hey athene,

I hear you about the yo-yo weight, that's my body exactly, i don't eat much junk food but whatever food i take, adds on the pounds, think mainly because i don't work out much so you have got me thinking about the gym too. Good luck with routine, i guess those who have said it takes 'diet and exercise' to keep the pounds off, were right. Have a great weekend.

tu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next