[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Master cleansing until November 5th!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Master cleansing until November 5th!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:38 pm 

Ohh, Juniper,

I have been struggling the past few days, thoughts of quiting all the time, but today was ok, i made my favorite dish for my kids-Potato salad- boiled potatoes, carrots, an egg, celery, black pepper and mayo. i thought i would be tempted to taste it, but the day has ended successfully, i have not eaten or tasted it. I guess my cravings are no longer as overpowering as at the beginning of the fast. I also made the mistake of adding too much cayenne to the Jar of lemonade this morning, it was so bitter but I drank it all! Then this evening, i started feeling feverish, got covered up but you know with kids, you can't rest for long, had to feed them, bath them and get them ready for bed around 7:50pm. Finished my lax tea afew minutes ago, am in bed right now, watching IRON CHEF- think the competition is about preparing veal. Am hoping for a better tomorrow, i bought limes for the next five days, so am ready to go to next week, crossing my fingers to get to NOV, with your encouragement, i may be able to. It's good you can sleep well, i think during the fast, the body does need such rest. youhave reminded me, i think i take about a glass of water each day and that's it, maybe i should increase my water intake, but 8 glasses of water? isn't that too much? in addition to the lemonade? No cheating, that food will be available when you are done. Good luck tomorrow.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:13 am 

Oh no!!! Jam0775,

Please don't quit now - we can do this and get through this! I'm like 2 dress sizes away from my pre-baby clothes and I NEED to get back into them. It's been great having you along the way so let's keep it together and keep it strong.
I'm hoping to weigh-in in the morning and finally be in the 60 kg bracket (132-151pounds)- I was 70.5kg (155) yesterday and if I can get into the 60s it'll be the first time in 4years - I really need this motivation! -then I know I'll get through to Nov 5th.
I vote that you put a 2week freeze on the potato salad - don't torture yourself (and me by describing it because it sounds a lot like the kind I make and YES, it's YUM). Give the kids something else for a change and get your mind off that salad - let it be a family treat for when you are back on solids.
My little one hates veggies so I consistently hide them - I minced spiced chicken breasts with aubergine, baby marrow and garlic; binded it with an egg yolk, flour and water; coated them in crumbs and moulded and cooked them into nugget sized bites and served with BBQ sauce. I was told that they were better than McDonalds nuggets. Guess what we're never buying again!
On another note - I wish I had iron chef over here - I used to love master chef and all the cooking shows (my husband is a chef) - so enjoy it, get some good tips and try to use them later when you're bikini-ready.
Let me know how it goes with the limes. I'd love to switch but I can't find organic ones here and am subjected to paying rediculous prices for ''non-chemical'' New Zealand and South African lemons.
Oh water - you should be drinking copious amounts of the stuff to hydrate your cells and flush out the toxins. I usually drink loads of water anyway but the BR runs are killing me on this cleanse (every 40 to 60mins!). I notice the colour difference on days where I drink loads of water (clear) and days when I slack off (horrible sort of saffron yellow).
Chin up for Sunday and keep strong!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wdHbs7G/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:07 am 

Hey Juniper,

Am still on board, i had given myself today as a goal and i have just completed the lax tea. My next goal is tuesday which will be my 31st day, i found that taking afew days at a time is helping me to keep focused. I have not been tempted to taste the potato salad yet, i think when it finished, i won't make anymore until i start eating, actually i want to know an alternative to using mayo, do you know? will go online and check for one.
Meanwhile i have been looking at several soup and salad recipes, it's amazing how we have resources around us that are not put to go use. I collect recipe books, i have a couple but ask me how many times i have used them? anyways, after the MC, the new me, is getting proactive with healthy meals. Am going to order some Raw food detox diet books, i used to own one and i passed it on to a friend, imagine? now i have to get on Amazon and look it up.
Wow, your husband is a Chef? ohh, the meals you eat must be to-die for? By the way, even though you miss some shows on the Food Channel, you can check for them on the food Network website, i have bookmarked it and will certainly use some of their vegan recipes. Am going to try your recipe, and see whether my kids love it too, you are so right about McD's nuggets. you should see the wrap and how much sodium is in each nugget.
To be honest, i can't afford the organic limes or lemons, and am getting them same results as those eating organic lemons, i have so far lost 19 lbs and hoping for more at the end, we all in different income brackets so i don't need any judgement from anybody. Have a good weekend too and hope on monday, am here to cheer you on.

tu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:37 pm 

Hi Jam0775,
I am positive that nobody would ever judge you for not using organic - honestly I wouldn't buy them either if I didn't work! This country is NOT cheap and unlike other ''wives'' - my husband isn't a banker or in insurance or any other 'non-skilled', over-paid job.
Being married to a chef has it's challanges - I literally leave the kitchen when meat is fried and sauces are made. That one meal a week boosts up the calorie count and I'd rather not see how much butter / sour cream etc goes into dishes. I will leave this luxury alone and let it be my splurge day - if and when I can ever get a grip on food to allow myself the one day!! My weigh in this morning was delightful - 69.9kg / 154pounds (was dancing around in knickers to my little one's delight) and I am riding on a high until Tuesday, my day 20.
As for recipes, there are loads of ways to alter potato salad but then it wouldn't be the same. I usually use 2tblsp mayo and 4tblsp low fat sour cream and chopped chives as the base of my sauce. My husband made a spicy one once with Horseradish cream but that maybe too harsh for the kids. I know that Rachel Ray has a raw food book and avoids mayo so maybe you can dig up some recipes online. I personally love the BBC food channel and I normally look for my recipes here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/

I agree with how lazy we are when things are at our fingertips. We have loads of cookbooks too but I hardly look into them. I would however recommend a book on herbs and cooking with herbs. There are some wonderful recipes available with low-sodium, well balanced flavours and nutrients. Try to get a copy of ''Healing with Herbs'' or something along those lines. I've really enjoyed creating some of the soups and salads and it does give you great new ideas on how to cook with fresh herbs.
I think I will add more of the Japanese diet once this is over - they are obviously doing something right when the everage woman on the street looks like she could do with a good meal. But, maybe it's social pressure that keeps them underweight and hungry looking!
You have a good Sunday and hope you get loads of rest.
See you next week...

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:42 pm 

Hey Juniper, Congs, you are still dropping some pounds, yes we need to be healthier for our kids, thanks for the resources you mentioned, will surely look at them and try the recipes. Did you notice how being on the MC heightens your consciousness
about many things around you? If only we can stay in this zone for long- you know? Being watchful of the food we eat, having clear dreams, being spiritually in-tune. I think the saying you are what you eat may be true if you think about it. Talk about Japanese diet- I think it's the spices used that keeps off the weight, am going to try more spicy food-i hear pepper has some effect during digestion, will do some more research on that. Meanwhile, I only took 4 glasses of the lime juice today, purposely drank water instead of the remaining two glasses. I tell you am so done with this lime juice, it's not funny. Actually reminds of the last month of pregnancy, after 8 months, you feel so tired, you want to see the baby sooner than later. Am in that phase with the MC.On to day 29 tomorrow. Good luck during this weekend.

tu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:58 am 

OMG, OMG...I am so over these lemons! How do people last 40 freaking days? I'm off to buy limes tomorrow to see if there's any difference. I totally went off the MC and had Miso soup with seaweed because I needed salt or sugar - so I opted for salt. I had some rice with my daughter this evening and it was DEVINE. I didn't feel guilty or let down but I did get on the elliptical trainer for 20mins and I felt insanely fit, strong and happy on the darn thing. I needed the calories to work out and realised how much I enjoy it and miss it. I took a salt water flush to get the ''food'' out of me asap (an hour later and still no BR breaks - wonder what's happening in there?) and I will be back with the freaking lemons in the morning...sigh...when I return to work and waking up at 5.30am ...double sigh....
I am so going to end this next Friday, eat better and healthier and get myself to work out at least 4times a week. I'd rather eat and enjoy food and work out then live on liquids!!! Gosh I hope you've been stronger than me and have been strong today.
Be well and good luck to the start of the 2nd last week

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 pm 

Ohh, Juniper, am ending day 30, I survived the weekend even though it was full of temptations especially at work, it was homecoming weekend at the University of Illinois so there was lots of pizza and what seemed liked yummy dessert that I turned down, took my lime juice and that pushed me through. I have decided to do the SWF every other day. Ohh, my dear, we have only 9 days left, I know am tired of the lime juice but if you eat immediately after a long fasting you may experience complications, your intentions may be good but think about your intestine walls, they have been used to just fluids then you force some solids down. - - think you would be better off taking soups so your body can gradually adjust to solid foods. - I think the SWF flushes what has been loosen,may not be right but that was my understanding. So what have you decided to do? Still on the MC? Off? Hope for a better day tomorrow.

tu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:35 pm 

Yes, I know ...naughty me. I am back on the wagon and will not go off it if I want to get to my goal. I need to stick with it and also think about my poor digestive tract. Still no guilt though:-).
I feel great and full of energy again - maybe I needed that food to get me thorugh the next 10days!
I've made a promise to myself to stay strong and I will. The salt in the SWF helps to cleanse and remove the mucus from the intestinal walls and I can totally confirm that it also adds bloating and swelling. I took one last night and had 2 good movements after and hour and 45mins but this morning my fingers are chubbier than they were yesterday - definately water weight and definately due to the SWF. I know I put enough salt because I got a good result but there is something to it that stays in the body. I am certain as this has happend several times this month. Drinking loads of water to flush it out now.
Good for you for staying strong - keep at it.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 am 

How ya doing Jam?

Are you still with me? I am fully back on the MC and finding it easier than last week. I've not weighed myself - for fear of disappointment but will do so in the morning. Had a great surprise this morning when I noticed my baby pink tongue!!!! Totally motivated to stick with it again. Hope you are coping and I'll let you know the scale damage of my backsliding from Sunday / Monday. About the take my lax tea and do some ironing before bed (yawn!)
Be well and good luck!!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:19 am 

Hey Juniper,

It's good you have decided to get back on the program, we are close, 8 more days to Orange Juice, can you imagine? i had a busy day yesterday, my son turned 6 yrs and i hosted a birthday dinner, cooked about 8 meals- Roasted Chicken, Peanut Sauce, Meatballs in spaghetti sauce, Yellow Rice, Parboiled potatoes then fried in oil for a short while, Beef Stew, Chapati(indian dish), Dried beans boiled and spiced, Mixed greens salad, can you imagine i didn't any of it? My guests enjoyed everything, then they had the spiderman birthday cake-(half chocolate, half vanilla) with Chocolate Chip ice cream. I actually only took one glass of lime juice yesterday, had no time to fix the individual glasses, so took water whenever i felt hungry. dinner started at 6:00 pm, we were done by 8:30pm, though i had a cousin come after her class at 9:00pm, she didn't leave till 1:00am. And remember i have to get my son ready for school, so i was up this morning at 6:00am. Am feeling weak and exhausted from yesterday and also my periods just begun. i won't stop now, will pull through the next three days and i will surely make it to November 5th. Good luck to you too. We can make it. Waiting for the scale results, i think you may be less if you had good movements after the SWF.

tu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:59 pm 

Hi Athene,

I was shocked too and have only waited about a year for it!!! I was seriously over-weight from pregnancy and I blame fenugreek during breast feeding for making me a walking dustbin but it did give me the milk boost I needed to BF for 6months...this was 3 years ago. Our move to Japan last spring was a signal of new beginnings and I started on Herbalife last August, did the Martha's Vineyard detox at the end of September and my first MC over Halloween. I lost a total of 19pounds last year and spent 4months eating ''healthier'' and keeping the weight off. I did the next MC in March and had a super white, yukky (stinky!) tongue from day 3. That 10day cleanse took me down another 6pounds - I knocked that down to having a ''cleaner'' system. After our summer hols home this year I was fraustrated at still hating to take family photos so I decided to do a longer MC. I am now on day 22 (I cheated on about 3 or 4 days though!!) and my tongue has finally, after all this time and years of abuse- turned pink. I'm still trying to evict the homeless guy though, or at least get him to take a shower!!!
I guess the answer to your question is time...and a lot of lemon and cayenne pepper!
Good luck and I hope you get the results you want

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 pm 

Jam0775!
I'm proud of you for resisting temptation!!! ...and good that you did as you would have really messed up your system after so many days with a dormant digestive system. I stepped on the scale this morning -barely a half pound loss but another cm off the waist area so I'm not devastated, just a little annoyed at having slipped up. I feel more energised and stronger though - had a headache again yesterday so it's a sure sign of toxins entering back into the system and I'll not be cheating again. It's not worth it!

Happy birthday to your little boy and I hope all your guests appreciated your hard work and effort. Focus now and taking care of yourself and getting enough rest if you are feeling so tired. I think you skipped out on too many calories that day and that's why your felt it so much. I find it helps to increase the lemonade intake the day after you don't take enough. Alternatively just sip a tablespoon of maple every now and then.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 pm 

Hey Juniper, I wish I had taken more lime juice today, took 4 glasses but am going to try and take water throughout the night, I hope that helps. Wish I could take a sip of MS or Agave necter but am at work, don't think they have syrup here. Wow, day 22 for you! We are almost there, a week left! We actually need all the strength in this week because it's easier to cheat in the last week, your mind is like, I will be eating in a few days so what's a day going to do to me? But like you said, the headaches and pains, am not ready for that. Hmmm, my periods started today so am dealing with those pains, am not going to make it worst by putting anything in my mouth apart from Juice. Am getting tired of the Lax tea especially in the morning, you know? Anyways, I have a goal to get to 10/31/10 then I will think about the rest of the days. Let's keep lifting up each other until Nov. Have a good day tomorrow.

tu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm 

Hey Juniper,

Am ending day 33, have 6 more days to go, lost 22 lbs so far.

How was today? Still going strong? i hope you had a cravings-free day.

Good luck tomorrow.

SW: 196 lbs
CW: 174 lbs
TW: 136 lbs

tu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next