[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - First timer - need buddies!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: First timer - need buddies!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm 

Hello all!

So I have been wanting to do a Master Cleanse for a long time now, but always for some reason or other the time ends up not being ideal and I decide to postpone. But now I have 2 weeks off before I start a new job in a new country, and thought it would be a good time to do a MC for a few days whilst I transition to my new life. When I start abroad it will be easier to enter a healthier lifestyle, as I will be creating new habits so I will make sure they are healthier ones!

The main reason why I am doing this is because I am about 7kg over my preferred weight, and this is about the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Needless to say my clothes are not looking very flattering and I feel overall heavier and not good about myself. Also I have had a very stressful past two years working and getting my masters degree with horrible eating habits, so I am sure there is a lot of cleansing to do.

I intend to do this for no more than 10 days since its my first time. I am very disciplined when it comes to work, working out and school, but unfortunately with food and diets I am usually quite sloppy and do not persevere as hard as I do with other aspects in my life. Therefore I thought maybe getting some support here would be a big help to make me achieve my cleansing goal.

So anyone out there starting a cleansing that would like to be my buddy?

Post subject: Re: First timer - need buddies!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:35 am 

Hey, I can be your buddy! I am on day 5 and would like to do at least 21 and up to 40 days... depending on how much I lose by day 21. I'd like to lose a total of 30 with the cleanse and then continue healthy eating until I lose an additional 10-15.

~Marta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 am 

I would love to complete the cleanse with you. I'm on DAY 2 (it's in caps b/c it's a hard day two, rather than an easy day two), but I'm still going.

Congrats on the new job!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:21 pm 

Hey all, I'll be your buddy as well. This is my first time doing the MC and I'm on day 3!!
So far I feel good, the only real challenge is breaking my habit of snacking throughout the day. I've heard great reviews from friends who have done the MC and the reason I decided to do the challenge is because I'm about to turn 40 and wanted to start the decade/chapter of my life with a fresh start....literally!! :D I'm a manager at a restaurant so if I can get thru 10 days of the MC, I'll feel quite successful. I'd love to hear how you are doing and if you're excersing. I'm tempted to go on a run tomorrow but fearful of blacking out or getting dizzy.

Here's to us!! cheers :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 am 

Hi all, i'm on my 3rd day of easing-out, just wanted to tell u guys to hang in there.. i know it's hard, especially for first timers. Thoughts of foods happened all the time to me.. especially when i smelled foods being cooked... i wanted pizza, Mc D, KFC, jelly, peanut butter sandwich, u name it.. but guess what? When ur easing out, the desire for foods won't be as strong as before (this is what i've experienced). U'll find that the foods don't really attract u at all. I know every person's experience is unique, but i hope u guys will have a pleasant ride till the end. I know it's hard, but it's worth it. So don't give up! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 am 

I'm thinking of starting on Friday, October 1st and I would love any support I can get. I am a little nervous and not sure how my body will feel especially because I am addicted to caffeine and a smoker.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 am 

Hey I just started the master cleanse on the 22nd of September! I've been doing a blog everyday which is helping me a lot.

http://kamtryingitout.blogspot.com/sear ... -results=8

That's the link. I plan on going for 40 days but I think I might be losing motivation :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am 

Hi,
I just started today. Am attempting to do the 10 days. Ideally I'll go 14 or 21 or 28 days depending on how my body is doing. I'm 51. Male living in Arlington Texas USA. Many years ago I fasted for 3 1/2 days. A few years later I did it for a whole week. So I'm fairly confident in being able to make it 10 days.
I am a type 2 diabetic so that will make things more tricky. It is controlled by 3 pills per day which I
Will need to back off of.
So I too am asking for
Moral support and encouragement.
Bill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:09 am 

Hey everyone,

My 4th day ,going for 40 days too, kam87, don't lose heart, take it one day at time, you can do it. Only thing is the trips to the bathroom and I work night shift, so it's kind of embarrassing running to the BR almost every hour or two, but it can be done, the benefits of this MC are truly worth it. I have done 10 days before and then 14 days but unfortunately went back to my bad-eating habits and gained all the pounds i had lost, and more! Hoping to transition into a raw vegan diet when the MC is done in November. Good luck and stay focused on the day at hand.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:47 am 

Hey Thanks Jam!

I think I feel better now and have finally adjusted to the cleanse on day 9 which is today. I agree night time trips to the washroom can be hectic!!!

Anyways I'm a little worried now from reading some other posts... some people have been reporting hair loss 2-3 months after the master cleanse because the shift in diet caused telogen effluvium!! I'm a little scared now to be honest...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm 

:D Hello everyone! I can be a buddy too as I am a first timer as well.

I'm on Day 2 of the MC and I have to say that I'm good so far. I haven't had any real cravings, or any serious thoughts of quitting. I took my first SWF last night and that wasn't too bad until I got to the last ounce. Nasty. I found myself a little hungry today while walking during lunch. I actually want to have detox symptoms, weird, but I guess it's the instant gratification in me.

I've read many posts and articles on the MC to keep my spirits up. I know two people I work with that have done the MC and were happy to hear I was doing the same. What made me decide to the detox was through my personal trainer. I train twice a week, which is pretty good considering I have a one year old at home and a supportive husband. I'm tired of trying to shed the last 10 pounds from my pregancy by dieting and exercise alone. Trust me, I don't get to work out as much as I used to in my single life. Sigh. But I mentioned doing fat burners and my trainer suggested for me to detox and lose weight in the process. Enlightened by my conversation with her, I did some research and made the MC lemonade that evening.

I know some who are reading this may be thinking that my desire to lose 10 pounds is nothing but I don't feel good about my physical self. That in turn tends to leak onto my emotional and mental state and it's just a vicious cycle. I refuse to buy a whole new wardrobe to accomodate my post pregnancy size, although I did buy some clothes (can you blame me? I'm a girl!)

Anyways, I've always wanted to try fasting but never felt I had the discipline to do it. When there's a will there's a way. But then again, it's only day 2 and no detox symptoms yet. So we'll see how I feel later.

I did give in to deeply INHALING some cheese bagels and salsa earlier though.

I'm going to make a list of all the things I wish I could eat right now:

Fried chicken wings
Pizza
Hot dogs with LOTS of onions and sauerkraut
Homemade salsa
Dill and cucumber dip with salmon
Arugula salad with tomatoes, shallots, mozzarella, lemon

Here's the soup I plan to make post MC:

Chicken broth
mushrooms
bak choy
onions
garlic
tofu

Mmmm... All I can think about is food and there are invitations to go out to eat all the time! I didn't realize how much socializing revolves around eating!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 am 

Hey Everyone,

Day 6: Just finished my 3rd glass of lemonade, Feeling normal today, no pains, no headaches, just flushing!lol
Ohh my, Kam87, hair loss after the cleanse? that's scary, hopefully i escape that part.
Sharonstone, after the first three days, you will feel much better, you can do this.

Good luck for today

tu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 am 

Good morning!

Day 3 of MC: Woke up at 4 am to drink the nasty elixir. Felt like yakking soon after but held it in. Then within two hours, I was up and out of my bed and in and out of the bathroom. The last few sessions were clear. Good sign, I take it?

Getting ready for work, I felt somewhat weak and a little shaky. Not quite sure if it was the getting up early and not finishing my sleep or detox symptoms. Last night I had a mild headache, so I'm thinking I'm going through it right now. Day 3 seems to be the worst for most people from what I've been reading.

Thanks, jam0775, I'm keeping it up. I figure I have 7 days to go. I think the killer is everything I come upon is food related (we went to a couple's bible study last night and it was a POTLUCK) and then when we dropped off our son at my brother in law's house, they had PIZZA. I dropped off my son this morning at my mother in law's this morning before work and she offers me COFFEE! Yesterday when I got home from work, my son just finished a GRAHAM CRACKER and I loved smelling his breath because of it!

What I wouldn't do for a fried egg on toast right now dipped in its' yolk. I was just conversing with my boss about the MC and he told me that my tastebuds will lose its' preference for certain foods, such as meat. We'll see! :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 am 

:shock: it's five past 2 pm.

I am sticking my nose into every food item I see here at work.

I am torturing myself with wanting to deeply inhale all these foods I would normally snack on.

Geez. I have a whole afternoon and an evening to endure and all I can think about is food!

Symptoms? I guess a mild headache on my left temple.

If I could, I would CHOW down a cheese pizza right this minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm 

Hey Sharonstone, I can feel your struggle with food, the first time I did the MC, I would watch the food channel and my cravings would increase so I promised myself, this time around to stay away from food as much as possible, not easy because I have to prepare meals for my little ones daily, but your boss is right my taste buds and smell ability is gone, have no cravings, starting day 7 ,I see the food but can't taste it so I feel for my babies, don't know whether there's enough salt in their food. After the 4th day, you will be indifferent towards food as long as you stay far away from it. I have realized that you have to decide mentally too that you won't eat until you have eased out. Good luck

tu