[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Depressed about weight gain; I need encouragement with MC!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Depressed about weight gain; I need encouragement with MC!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 pm 

Hi forum:

I'm back here after a long time. I did the cleanse in July for 10 days and felt great! I felt light and positive and my energy level increased. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon due to lots of stress in my life and work. I weighed myself today and i've been at my heaviest at 141 pounds :( it's really disgusting and depressing to me. I also suffer from severe IBS/bloating, acid reflux, wheat and sucrose intolerance.

I know i have lots of water weight but i know i have to lose some visible fat when i look at my pictures last year and compare them. And sadly, i tend to carry most of my weight in my hips and butt area which is really frustrating. Even though i go to the gym and do a good walk uphill and bike, i tend to skip meals and suffer from insomnia which i think have contributed to my weight gain.

So my current weight is: 141 and my normal weight in the last 10 years (with a 5 pound fluctuation) has been 120. And I am 5'5".

So out of extreme frustration and desperate for some motivation, I am going to do the MC starting tomorrow. Here is what I have learnt from my previous time:

1. Take baby steps and do one day at a time.
2. Make sure i drink enough water
3. Make sure i drink at least 6 glasses of lemonade.
4. Keep myself busy with hobbies.

But here's what I want to know: What is the best amount of cardio exercise for faster weight loss during mc? I've read that some people don't do anything while during the cleanse and lose weight, while others have said they exercised and had better results? I'm confused. I would like to do the cleanse this time for 40 days (but going to think 1 day at a time), and it's hard to predict how my body will feel about working out. Also, I don't plan to do weights, just light jogs/walking, ecliptical/bike for about 90 minutes a day + rope jumping for 5 minutes.

I think my main problem with weight gain which has result in severe depression in me, is the lack of will and mental support. I've always been really disciplined about keeping in shape and managed to do so in the last 12 years ( i struggled with weight as a teen). And now, with gaining about 20 pounds during this past year, I feel helpless and as if I'm drowning again into a vicious cycle. And it scares me! I hope I can get out of it and really wanna stick to the mc for 40 days.

[/url]

Post subject: Re: Depressed about weight gain; I need encouragement with M
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:20 am 

Hi gema,

If u really wanna take one thing/day at a time, i do not think u should push urself too much, so don't worry abt the best amount of cardio exercise for faster weight loss. Ecliptical/bike for about 90 minutes a day is already good enough. If u do too much, ur body may not be able to come up with enough energy to support u throughout ur MC. So being moderate is the best (this is also for ur health benefits). Or, u can try pilates or yoga. Some pilates/yoga movements are known to burn the same amount of calory as the Ecliptical/bike. On a side note, u can substitute the SWF with the Lax tea (from feedbacks, most MCers said that they lost more weight when taking the Lax tea than when taking the SWF). I know ur worried abt ur weight, but it's best to go slow & steady. We're here to give u moral support whenever u need some. So cheer up, lighten up ur mood and put a smile on ur lips. They are ppl here who care abt u. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:14 pm 

Hi Athene:

Thanks for your support i really appreciate it reading your post:)

I experience a horrendeous headache today from the lack of coffee and it's still with me in the evening :( Hoping it will go away soon.

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:53 am 

Hi gema,

The headache will definitely go away, so don't give in to it. Take the amunt of water necessary to help with the detoxification process and get enough sleep. Sometimes, we have headaches because of lack of water/lack of sleep. I know it's not easy being on the MC, so take it slow and steady. Hang in there, u can do it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi gema,

I have to echoe Athene's advice that you should take it easy and one day at a time. Don't make yourself exercise just to speed up the weight loss (usually this has the paradoxical effect of slowing weight loss down actually, since you're low on calories if you exercise too much you could go into starvation mode. That's why it's recommended to only stick to light walking and stretching in the first week).

But I am concerned about your reasons for cleansing. I understand your frustration at the weight gain but I only recommend you MC for weight loss if you're certain that you won't repeat what happened last time.. I only say this because you don't want to get caught in a cycle of "cleansing the lbs away" -> "gaining it all back" and then repeating that over and over...
but if you can safely say that you'll stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan now and that you won't end up back where you started in 2 months then I'm all encouragement!

Good luck, and PM me if you have any questions! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 am 

Hello - I'm back too after ages. I found that when exercising - or not, I still lost the same amount of weight. So I wouldn't push too much. In addition, you end up spending all day thinking about how many pounds and inches you lost.

I am about the same weight and height as you, although I weigh more actually.
My aim is not to use the scales at all - today is my first day but I bet I will want to go on the scales tomorrow - I have already used them THREE times in one day.

Try to just focus on the cleanse, if you have to weigh yourself, do it once a day in the morning. Personally I am planning to hide my scales and weigh on Sunday morning. Ultimately, you will lose weight on the MC so don't worry. Just work on how to complete the number of days you are aiming for. Good Luck

15 days
10 days
10 days
And plenty mini failures - wish me luck