[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Ending the diet after 6 days

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Ending the diet after 6 days
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm 

As for not getting the support from others on the forum that you desired, sometimes that happens. There have been cleanses where I have gotten few responses, and cleanses (such as my last :)) where I had a lot of support. It just depends on when others are doing the MC, how often they're able to get onto a computer, etc. I would guess there will be less people doing MC around now because it is beginning to get colder out. I don't think as many people do the MC when it is colder out.. but again, that's IMHO.

As for going 5 days and using the MC to help teach yourself control in your eating habits, that's a great thing. However, it did not really cleanse your body as you are hoping. In fact, your stomach probably felt bad because your body WAS trying to cleanse itself, and you halted it when you began to eat other things. Shiva's post is perhaps the most helpful thing I have found while fasting. If you were looking for this to be a cleanse, you did not honestly do much. If you were doing this to lose some weight and to help control your eating habits then congrats on that and good luck with it in the future :).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 am 

Okay, I'm sorry but I can't read this thread and not respond. First of all, related to a couple posts back, this board is not highly moderated, and it is rare for a post or thread to get moved from the place the OP posted. I have seen threads such as "What happens if I do this..." in Success Stories and they get left there. I have only seen changes made in the case of spam. I just accept the disorganization as part of this forum- take the good with the bad.

In general, people posting their progress on their cleansing journey post in Success Stories, as it isn't a question based post. Even if a person is unsatisfied with the outcome of a certain cleansing session, I still think that Success Stories is the correct posting location, as it is part of their larger long-term success. And I want to believe that everyone who sets out on this journey of improving their health will be successful. We all have different roads to get there though, and most of them are bumpy.

When it comes to whether or not this is a success story, I don't think it is fair for other people to judge that. I agree with the OP that if he (or she) feels satisfied with his experience, it was a success. I don't think you will find anyone on here who will disagree that you get more benefits the longer you stay on the MC. However, for so many people, cleansing and/or fasting is a completely new experience. If you are able to do a longer cleanse your first time, great! But I would say that it is better to do a shorter fast without cheating, and end on a happy note than to try to do the longer one, and be miserable and maybe cheat, and come off it feeling like you weren't good enough. Good feelings towards your experience lay the foundation for longer, successful fasts in the future. Granted, almost everyone will feel bad at some point in the cleanse, but if you are more experienced at the cleansing routine, you won't feel as miserable from this, because you know what to expect, and to view it as a good sign of cleansing.

igorvragovic, as far as why you got only a limited amount of replys on your thread, I agree with Amii. When I'm not cleansing, I only pop on this forum about once every couple months to see who I can help out. I have had threads before where I didn't get much response either - sometimes if you see that someone has started a general support thread that is more active, you are best off just joining in there if you want responses.

I understand why people feel that it is important to explain to the OP why his cleanse could be more effective if it was longer, but once that has happened, and the OP has explained their decision to follow a different course, please accept that. If you don't believe their decision fits within the range of cleansing that is considered the MC, or if you disagree with their decision for health reasons, please state that, and then leave their thread to post on others that you can be more constructive towards. Several consecutive posts combatively disagreeing with someone are not helpful, and turn members away. Continued posting can be appropriate if you believe someones health is in serious jeopardy due to a decision they are making, but I don't believe that is the case here.

Congrats on accomplishing what you have, igorvragovic! I hope you will try the MC again, and achieve even more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 am 

siennagray,
<<<
I understand why people feel that it is important to explain to the OP why his cleanse could be more effective if it was longer, but once that has happened, and the OP has explained their decision to follow a different course, please accept that. If you don't believe their decision fits within the range of cleansing that is considered the MC, or if you disagree with their decision for health reasons, please state that, and then leave their thread to post on others that you can be more constructive towards. Several consecutive posts combatively disagreeing with someone are not helpful, and turn members away. Continued posting can be appropriate if you believe someones health is in serious jeopardy due to a decision they are making, but I don't believe that is the case here.
>>>>
I hope everyone read your reply post. That's how I feel.
I hope OP will come back and use this website again for his/her next MC.
6 days on MC is a success in my book because I have to try 3 times before I can go pass day 3 and then the last MC I went for 32 days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm 

Dear igorvragovic, I am on day 4 of this cleanse, and I woke up today feeling ok after 3 days of what seemed like torture to me, feeling very hungry, very low energy with a really bad headache till this afternoon where I felt those symptoms again it's 10.43 pm now and I feel it's a miracle that I have lasted this long, you are very strong person to have lasted six days I think it's amazing, I don't blame you for stopping because of pain in your stomach I think you did the right thing, you have to listen to your body and do what is right for you my dear friend, I am taking this one day at a time and anytime I don't feel right I will stop no matter what anybody says, I have tried doing this before and lasted only 2 days, now I am on day four and so proud of myself never thought I would have that much strength and will power considering my struggles with food and I am also very proud of you, I am glad that you didn't give up and will try again, I hope and pray that next time you go through the whole ten days.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:24 pm 

There is a technique that others have stated called the ease in to the diet. That can prepare for tolerating it a bit more. When I first did this cleanse I could not last past three days because I had so many toxins, i.e. coffee addiction, sugar addiction, and bad nerves along with being older that my body simply had no tolerance of the master cleanse and I was very afraid to continue. I even threw up coming home in the car and blacked out for a few seconds. That is how much toxins were in my body....I wondered how that can happen because I thought I ate relatively healthfully. Anyway, a few weeks later I tried the master cleanse again and lasted the ten days.

My husband started on the cleanse and only lasted a day. Last week he tried again and lasted for three days.

Everyone is different and definately talk to a physician before attempting a master cleanse if you find it difficult. In the forum it states there are various times or conditions that it is not advisable to do the cleanse.

I hope your cleanse was a success for you and you felt better afterwards, no matter how long you did it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:37 am 

I'm not sure how much weight you were planning to lose. But I remember my first 10 days. Yes, it was hard. But I say finish it. If you stop now, and decide to go again, you are just reliving the hard part over again. Do 10 days. Take a break and do not be afraid to indulge for some few days. Then go again, you will find how easy to it is the second time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 pm 

Im alona and i just given birth last feb 11 2010 so its a year now. I got wieght on soo much in other words i gone soo big now. I wanted to know if this time is ok for me if i undergo on aerobics dancing as my exercise.