[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Vixens first Master Cleanse (14 Day target, maybe 21)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Vixens first Master Cleanse (14 Day target, maybe 21)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:48 pm 

Day 0 - Kick off-9.11.10 (or 11.09.10 stateside!) :D

Measurements:

Waist: 32"
Hips: 43"
Underbust: 32"
Overbust: 40"
Thigh: 26"
Weight: 165 lb
Height: 5' 5.3"
BMI: 27.3
Body fat %: 36.2 (bad!)

Mood:
Excited, nervous, and stubborn.

So...I'm sitting in bed with my first ever cup of laxative tea and OH MY GOSH this stuff is bitter! I love herbal teas normally but the aftertaste from this is like death and I'm DEFINITELY going to have to brush my teeth again before bed, bleargh! The saltwater flush is the thing I am most apprehensive about as I know the taste of warm salt water well (I have oral piercings) and I am not looking forward to gulping down a litre of the lovely stuff but needs must and all. At least I have another day to get used to the idea as I'm going to start with the flushes on day 2 to give my body time to acclimatise a little.

I'm quite looking forward to my lemonade mix tomorrow as last time I really got to craving the taste (I bottled it after 2 days; I just wasn't mentally (or fiscally!) prepared for it.) and so I'm kinda looking forward to that burning sweetness! I am going to try something a little different this time however in that I am going to alternate between maple syrup and pure dextrose, partially because that makes it easier to afford and partially because of the whole dextrose/fructose argument. Grade B maple syrup is almost impossible to find here and the dextrose makes a more than adequate substitute, hell if the flavour isn't too bad I might sub it all together!

I've been quite prone to bladder infections in the not so distant past and these last few weeks I've felt them slowly creeping in again so it will be awesome to see what impact, if any, the cleanse has on this situation. I'm hoping the detoxification process and the sheer volume of fluid will flush every single bad bug out of there in a way that medicine has never managed and that I'll be shiny for the rest of time but that may be asking a bit much!

I've been reading lots of Master Cleanse Journals on here and really all I can say is wow you guys, you are so inspiring do you know that?! It's awesome to read about everybody's journeys and ride the rollercoaster of emotions that seems to go hand in hand with this cleanse. I don't feel right however to start this journey (again, *blushes* :oops: ) without giving a little shout out to the lady who was my main inspiration for doing this - Sayward Rebhal. Sayward is (in my humble opinion) a truly inspiring lady who created, nurtured and furthers this community and I honestly think you guys would enjoy reading what she writes. I'm not getting anything in return for bigging her up I'm just spreading the love for a wonderful lady. Sayward has done the MC twice now and it was her blogging about it that first piqued my interest and then her monthly mission that made me actually commit to it, so thank you Sayward!

Spiritually I'm feeling really calm and at ease with myself which is the first while in a long time I've felt like this. I'm aware that I am unhappy with my body and how I look (and how many pairs of pants I can't fit into!) right now but being honest about it is really helping me and I'm feeling a lot more proactive about it rather than just feeling helpless and pants. When I go to the shops tomorrow to collect some more supplies for the cleanse I'm going to go on the magical machine in Boots that tells you, in no candy coated words, the sheer ugly truth about your health so wish me luck for it not being worse than I already imagine it to be! I'm very much looking forward to unclogging my body of all the horrible stuff it must have built up since I fell off the vegan wagon (long story, best not to ask!) so that I can get back to it in earnest and not feel all icky that I most likely still have animal residues in me (yuck!).

Now that vile cup of tea is over and done with I'm off to give my entire mouth a thorough scrubbing and settle down to watching a few MC vlogs on youtube or something similar.

Peace out all!
Vixen

P.S. I almost forgot to say that I would LOVE a buddy or two (or twenty if a girl could be so lucky) to do this cleanse with so drop me a line if you fancy listening to me ramble and/or are feeling the need for a bit of a support system!

(Edited to fix vital stats after having a check up)

[/url]

Post subject: Day 1 - So it begins - 9.11.10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:46 am 

(Yes I realise that the date is the same as my 'day 0' but it was 3am when I posted it up!)

SWF: Starting tomorrow
Lax Tea: Before bed
Lemonade: 6
Exercise: None - fell asleep

4:30 pm
So today I've been running a lot on the first flush of excitement from embarking upon this master cleanse and I've not yet felt any of the side effects I'd be expecting on the first day like headaches and the dreaded grouchies but it is only 4:30 so I've got a few hours before I'd really expect it to kick in. I went and bought a few things to make the lemonade less of a chore to prepare such as a lemon juicer and a funnel (how I didn't already own these things is beyond me)and had a little wander around the shopping centre with my heavy bags which will be good for my arms I'm sure!

I'm aiming to do at least 30 minutes on my balance board later so that I can keep the focus on building up my core stability ready for the surf season again! I feel very much like I've lost a lot of muscle tone and strength the last few years and it's really important to me that I get that back because I know I'll never be able to surf in my current state of fitness and I miss it SO MUCH!
I'm hoping to be able to go to some Aqua-aerobics in the later half of my first week and definitely in the second as past of my exercise regime so we'll see how that works out!

Peace out (for now),
Vixen

[/url]

Last edited by VeganVixen on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Vixens first Master Cleanse (14 Day target, maybe 21)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 am 

Hi VeganVixen; I just wanted to stop by to wish you Good Luck on your Cleanse. Your stats are close to mine, and I am 5' 4".
This is day 12 for me, and I still have not had any of those side effects. Started at 159.9 lbs, and today I weighed in at 150 lbs. I had only planned on doing the 10 days, if I lasted that long, but I decided after the first few days to do 20 days. Who knows, I may even go further as long as I keep feeling this way.
I sincerely hope your journey is as easy as mine has been.

All the Best.

8)

MC #1 Oct-Nov 2010....30 days..MC #2 Jan 2011 10-14 days

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:57 am 

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement! I get major caffine headaches when I don't get my coffee so I knew they were coming I'm just not used to dealing with them without painkillers! They make me so grumpy!

Vixen x

[/url]

Post subject: Day 2 - Ouchy head! - 10.11.10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:44 am 

SWF: Ok I didn't do it, I'm not sure I can stomach it.
Lax Tea: Morning and before bed
Lemonade: 6 so far
Exercise: 30 mins walking

7:00 pm
I've been looking after my friends son today (17 months old, so cute!) which I do three days a week and so far it's been ok. Luckily for me he'd had a disrupted night last night and so he was really sleepy and quiet so I didn't have to do a tonne of running around. I've not had any real hunger pangs but I have had a lot of cravings and tummy rumbling and a general 'empty' feeling in my stomach as well as the killer headache that I predicted yesterday; DAMN YOU CAFFINE and your hold on me!

On another journal I was reading the lady in question kept track of her cravings as a sort of 'look at what you can have if you manage this!' type of sentiment and I liked this idea so I'm going to pinch it! Instead of making it a list of things that I'll allow myself when I'm finished I'm going to keep it to see how my tastes change over the course of the cleanse. I honestly don't think ANYTHING will ever manage to break my love of carbs mind (oh my goodness I would kill for a hash brown right now!) but I don't think I'll get the same cravings for cheese sauces and the like anymore (at least I hope not). I'm getting a little more evidence of the detoxing right now as my lips are all cracked and horrible, my chest is a bit tight, I feel cold easier than usual and my head is woozy and achey when I move. The next few days are going to be tough but I've just got to push through it and keep on pushing till I get to where I want to be.

I hope everyone else is finding their cleanse manageable and keeping positive!

Cleanse Cravings!

* Hash Browns - SO BADLY!
* Mac and cheese
* Fake chicken mayo sandwich! - This IS happening when I'm done.
* Veggie burger and chips
* Fake steak pie and mash

Notice the lack of veggies there? Yep, that's what I'm trying to fix. :shock:

Peace out,

Vixen

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:16 am 

I remember how much I craved that fake american cheese on my first cleanse! :shock: Interestingly though, once I was finished cleansing I couldn't bear the thought of eating it. It's funny how the cravings sometimes go away after a while.

Good luck with your cleanse!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm 

Thank you so much for your supportive words! :)

I tend to get cravings for home made cheese sauce, like the kind my nana used to make more than anything, but I think that's just a comfort thing as the vegan man n cheese I make is more than just a little bit yummy! Comfort food is my real demon in that I eat too much of it; if I picked a meal for the night and stuck to it I'd probably be fine but I tend to eat a 1/3 of 5-6 meals for dinner because I pick throughout the night, which I'm really hoping to fix.

Vixen x

[/url]

Post subject: 12:00 pm (midnight)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 pm 

Ok so my headache has pretty much disappeared and I feel really rather awesome! My lips are still chapped but other than that all the other crazy symptoms have disappeared (for now) and fingers crossed it stays that way! I'm sat in bed now nursing my senna tea and waiting for it to brew up properly before I get a few minutes of reading in and then hit the sack. Believe it or not this is really pretty early for me to be in bed and I'm really glad that I'm actually feeling tired and ready for sleep. If I manage to sort my sleep patterns out whilst on the cleanse as well then that will just be a bonus for me!

I have my friends son tomorrow again and I'll be picking him up at about 12 and then spending the next 2 and half hours in town until the appointment I have rolls round so it'll be interesting to see what I find to do that doesn't revolve around food or drink and doesn't require the spending of money. Maybe I'll go and visit the museums in my City, I've never done that before and I've been here 3 years now!

I just have to remember to take all my paperwork and my resident card with me tomorrow now otherwise I won't get in anywhere! Anyway this is me signing off for the night, sleep well everyone!

Peace out,
Vixen

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm 

Hi Vixen

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. How is MC going? I'm currently on day 4. Like your posts btw.

Sunshines smiles,

Samantha