[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - phoenix' first MC - cactus cleanse, 21 day target

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: phoenix' first MC - cactus cleanse, 21 day target
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 am 

i am on my first MC, i will use this thread as a brief daily personal journal besides our starter's group journal viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13162&start=15

Post subject: Re: phoenix' first MC - cactus cleanse, 21 day target
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:10 am 

Day 1

morning weight on day 1 was 98kg / 216 lbs, didn't take any other measurements.

pasting what i posted on the end of day 1 in the group thread:

I have started my first MC today, I am doing the "Cactus Cleanse" with delicious raw agave nectar and lime juice, because it's very hard to get grade B maple syrup down here. I am 42 years old and currently live in the area of Cape Town, South Africa, with my wife and two kids (boy soon 4 and girl soon 2).

It's around midnight here, I am sipping the rest of my last of 6 juices. I was still hungry before this one. I do like the taste much better than I expected! I got up very late today, so I might need more servings tomorrow. My Senna tea is brewing...it feels so good and so right to be on this journey!

My primary motivation is to detoxify my body and to kick-start myself towards a much healthier lifestyle and diet. I am breaking several nasty long-term habits at once during this MC - smoking cigarettes, smoking pot, drinking alcohol, drinking coffee, not getting enough sleep, not exercising. That's why I aim at doing 21 days of fasting on the MC, the time it takes to establish new habit patterns and let old ones go. I guess it won't always be easy. But the first day went surprisingly well, I had no headache or any other pains at all, just an awkward light feeling in my head. The cravings were there, for food and for smoking, but they were not extreme. I got a little moody late afternoon / early evening.

As "preparation" I have done a liver and gallbladder flush last week, I ate apples only for 3 days and drank a lot of water and some apple juice. After flushing with olive oil and lemon juice my gallbladder ejected a lot of little stones and other ugly stuff. It took me 4 days to get it out of my system, and I am still a bit constipated. I don't dare to do an SWF yet in this state, tomorrow morning I will get a colon hydrotherapy which will hopefully help.

I have gained some weight in the last 2 years, I am 6'6 and weigh 98 kg / 216 lbs. But I know that I will get back to my optimal weight soon anyway if I succeed in making the lifestyle and diet changes I want to, so I don't worry about it and rather focus on those.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:32 am 

Day 2

morning weight: 96.5 kg

went to town in the morning and got the colon hydrotherapy done by a very nice lady. it felt good, there was a lot of yellow stuff coming out. felt lighter afterward but for some reason i feel like some of that hard and heavy stuff from the liver flush is *still* in my lower colons. gonna see if i can release more in the next few days. i would also really like to get an enema kit so my wife and i can give each other enema's but i haven't found one yet.

felt fine in the afternoon but currently my brain tires quickly when i work on my pc so i took a nap from about 4:30 - 6pm. later watched wifey eat a delicious salad and got cravings for several yummy things...but didn't give in and went to sleep early :)

had a total of 6 servings again, plus senna tea in early morning and late evening. somehow my mind still can't believe that i can survive on this for 3 weeks, but it's slowly getting used to the thought...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:25 am 

Hey phoenix - sounds like you're doing great! Congratulations on tackling all your vices. The MC is the perfect time because it makes it a little easier by flushing out the toxins to reduce cravings. I once had a teacher say it takes 27 days/times to establish a new habit. So I would encourage you to develop a strict plan for the couple weeks after you finish the cleanse as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:10 am 

thanks sienna, yeah so far i am really surprised how reduced my cravings are!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 am 

Day 3

morning weight: 96kg

got up fine and felt well in the morning, but got hardly any work done, just surfed around this and other forums. Had 1 liter of tea followed by a total of 7 servings of my cactus lemonade spread over the day.

had no terrible cravings but became a little moody in the afternoon. had some diarrhea around 3 pm. later had a fight with my wife, bad energy between us also in the evening. wonder if it's related to the detox. couldn't focus on anything, went to sleep at 10pm which is very early for me. it looks like i am automatically changing my sleeping habits too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 pm 

Day 4

morning weight: 96 kg

woke up at 4am and passed heavy diarrhea for half an hour or so. same at 2pm, seems for me the senna tea leads to movements 5-6 hours after taking it. joked to a friend that the diarrhea has the same colors as my favorite football team - yellow and black. i guess there will still be black stuff coming out from the liver flush for a few more days.

got some errands done in the morning, again didn't get to do much work for the whole day. finally cleared the air with my wife in the afternoon, feels much better since.

in the evening i went to our weekly poker home game and was very proud of myself. despite the guys getting several large pizza's delivered, drinking beers and eating tons of crackers, chips and other junk i didn't even get tempted to eat something. just sat there with a big smile and sipped my water. went back home earlier than usual for my evening senna tea and my health sleep :) total lemonade servings today: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm 

Day 5

morning weight: 95.5kg

did the SWF in the morning for the first time on this MC! downed the liter quickly and had a BM about an hour later, i think most of the saltwater came out again which is great, as i was still worried a bit about constipation. will do it again tomorrow!

felt good the whole day, once more didn't get much work done, my mind is just not in its working mode currently. played with my kids in the pm, had lots of fun.

had the strongest cravings so far on this MC in the evening. smelled the BBQ smoke coming over from the neighbors, such a yummy taste...imagined lots of delicious things and told wifey about it, but i never even get close to giving in. i know i will worship food like never before after this fast. drank 8 or 9 servings on day 5 and went to bed way too late.

Post subject: Hello from Maui and Shivabliss
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 pm 

Dear Phoenix 42,
So, you are 42 and like a phoenix rising from the ashes, eh? Good for you! I second that! I have often done a fast with agave instead of maple syrup. I liked it so much, I ordered a five gallon container a few years ago and I still have it, as now since I have figured out that I have candida, I can't eat the sugar. I have a half gallon, I can ship you, lol! I end up buying nice bottles and giving agave away at Xmas time or some other occasion. People really like it. It doesn't take as much to sweeten your drink on MC, cause it is 4 times sweeter than sugar. I posted alot of info on it a couple years ago.

Have a great day on your fast today. Probably best to avoid situations as much as you can around the others who eat, as you will be very vulnerable during this time. Don't try and be strong like I did, be smart and avoid. I knew I was going to eat when I went over to someone's house for dinner, and I did it anyway. I should have stayed home in bed and watched a movie. I let my boredom get the best of me and I crashed the fast. Luckily it was a juice fast, so my body did not get constipated from it like it would if you ate a meal after doing the lemonade for ten days. I may end up doing some water days after my system adjusts to the juicing in another week or two. I have always wanted to do TEN days on just Water, and wheatgrass. I know the wheatgrass would keep me alive quite nicely and ten days on water are like 30 on juice, so I have read. That I would have to see.

Keep going! You are doing great. I am right here with you on Maui, doing nothing but liquid diet. I have got to get well.

Shivabliss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 pm 

thanks for your kind words, shivabliss, and good luck for your new round!

thanks for your advice, too - there was no way i could avoid the situations you mentioned this weekend, i didn't know that this is a time where i am very vulnerable...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm 

Day 6 & Day 7

morning weight: 75kg

day 6 was my hardest day so far. i went to bed very late the night before and had trouble falling asleep. when i finally slept i woke up again due to an urgent liquid BM. did the SWF in the morning followed by another BM.

the afternoon was the hard part. we went to a kiddie christmas party of our son's playschool. it was a lot of fun and father christmas dropped by to hand out gifts. but they also served the most delicious food, a huge buffet with lots of fruits and veggies. everybody helped themselves to several servings, i could see and smell all these yummy things all around me. it was really hard for me to stay on track, i was so close to grabbing just one strawberry or grape. i could hardly stay there but somehow i made it to the end.

on day 7 i didn't feel well in the morning, rather weak. did another SWF and paid about six visits to the loo til early afternoon. felt better later but it seems to me like my stomach is getting irritated by all the acid from the lime juice. if that gets worse i'll maybe switch to green juice later in this fast.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 am 

Hello Phoenix42!

Just thought I'd drop by and say good on you for making it as far as you have - so far!!

Hope you are doing ok.

Sunshine smiles

Samantha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 am 

thanks samantha! those were a busy few days, i'll try to summarize...

Days 8, 9, 10 & 11

morning weight: 94-94.5 kg

day 8 was quite hard, i woke up with acid reflux and a bad tummy again. i had to drive around all day long for various things, from 5AM til 7 PM! so i skipped the SWF, when i got home in-between i spent my time on the loo or refilling my juice. in the evening I decided that something must be wrong, did some internet searching and then a kinesiology session with my dear wife. found out that it's the cauyenne pepper that was causing my acid reflux, i had probably used to much of it. and also that i had always made my senna tea wayyyy too strong and drank to much of it - which was of course causing my nightly stomach cramps and BMs! i was still not feeling better but relieved that i finally found out what i did wrong.

i reduced the cayenne a lot on day 9 and felt better, the reflux was still there but not as strong. again i had a very busy day with several meetings around town. did some internet research and read up on green juice fasting when i got back home. besides my cayenne issue i also feel that my teeth are very sensitive and hurting due to the lime juice. so i decided to switch to green juices on day 11, or rather just add a few green veggie juices per day instead of the cactus cleanse juice but still having those too.

on day 10 my wife had a fever and our kiddies woke me up at 5am, i played with them and served them breakfast. i drank a senna tea instead of the SWF. in the pm i went to an awesome organic food store and bought lots of veggies for my green juices, which felt great.

my first green juice creation on day 11 tasted terrible, but the next one was already much better. drank 3 green juices in total, 3 MC juices and lotsa water. played table tennis with friends in the afternoon and felt really good. they couldn't believe i have so much energy after not eating for 10 days!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 am 

what totally amazes me besides how well i feel without food and how my tummy is shrinking visibly is how much i am learning in a very short time on this fasting journey about all these topics that i knew nothing or very little about 12 days ago!

raw food
green juices & smoothies
superfoods
enemas
kinesiology
living off-the-grid
eco villages and intentional communities
permaculture

i just applied for a 12-day permaculture design course in march - i would never have dreamt of doing something like that only 2 weeks ago...it's a whole new world that is opening up to me and i love it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:10 pm 

God Bless Shivabliss...we will miss you and pray for you. Have Peace in eternal life. Aloha